Lee Hoffman Roofing Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since August 2010

4301 E Tennessee

Tucson, AZ 85714

Lee Hoffman Roofing in Tucson, AZ, specializes in all types of conventional roofing. We have been providing quality roofing for residential and commercial clients since 1980. In the time since LHR began operating, we have expanded from a company with one work truck and three employees to Tucson's premier roofing company. Lee Hoffman Roofing is licensed, bonded and insured for your peace of mind. We are a family-owned and operated business. ...

08/01/2018

MARLESA G.

At first it seemed that this would be a cinch. The estimator arrived on time, looked at the roof, and emailed a competitively-priced estimate within 24 hours. However, there was a statement on the estimate that additional charges might apply if replacement of miscellaneous items was required. Because I have a solar panel on my roof for my water heater, I called to confirm that dealing with it had been included in the estimated cost. John, the estimator, called me a couple of days later, and said that he didn't know because he didn't remember the solar panel and he would have to look at his notes. I didn't hear back from him, and a few days after that, I called the office and the receptionist said that she would pass my request along to both John and the owner, and that one of them would get back to me. I never heard back from them. This was a disappointing experience, and I have chosen another contractor to lay my new roof.

Description of Work
New roof overlay

Hi Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for failing to return your call, and we regret losing the opportunity to be of service to you. We will certainly strive to do better, as customer satisfaction is our top priority. --Lee Hoffman Roofing

06/01/2018

Nancy F.

Received flyer at door recently, and called to schedule roof inspection. Jodi was very courteous and scheduled an appointment window; they will contact me by email after inspection. Smooth and easy!

Description of Work
Scheduling roof inspection

12/12/2017

Darryl L.

Excellent. Highly professional. Very high quality of workmanship. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced rotten patio roof facia boards, installed new drip edging and recoated the patio roof itself.

11/01/2017

Richard H.

Overall, very pleased. Their employees worked very hard. Company did several visits after completion jut to make sure everything was good.

Description of Work
New roof. New skylights

10/22/2017

Stan G.

After meeting with estimators from 10 different roofing companies over a two-month period early this year, it became apparent that it was time to replace the entire roof on our 29-year-old custom-built home. Having a large, complex roof combining older San Antonio style clay tiles and a large built-up flat section, we found that few companies could or would address both types. At the suggestion of a Realtor acquaintance, I contacted Lee Hoffman Roofing and was able to set up an appointment that week; most appointments I had previously made with other companies had a two to three week lead time. The estimator, Brian, was very courteous, friendly and proved to be quite knowledgeable regarding the various conditions causing our leaks and new types of materials now available to replace our old, fragile clay tiles. He compiled a very thorough and competitive estimate to strip our entire roof down to the plywood sheathing and fully replace both the clay tile and built-up sections. Lead time to begin work was initially estimated as “six to eight weeks.” They stayed in touch as the start date firmed up and work began on the seventh week, suiting our needed time-frame perfectly. The 10-12 person work crew arrived promptly each morning at 6:25 am, and worked very efficiently with minimal disruption to us. They cleaned up the yard and collected tools and equipment at the end of each work day (mid-afternoon), and were especially good about picking up all scraps, trash, and stray nails around our house daily. The foremen for each specialized work crew were introduced to me by Brian to facilitate communication and quickly resolve any questions or issues. The weather cooperated, and the entire effort was completed per the schedule provided, (about 12 working days.) Their workmanship and attention to detail, (including straight construction lines, uniform appearance and cosmetic painting), were excellent. The only issue we had was that the amount of desert summer sunlight and heat transmitted through our new skylights was greater than expected and not to our liking. About two weeks after completion I contacted Brian and he quickly arranged to replace the interior domes with a less-transparent type, which was done at no extra cost and resolved the problem perfectly. Finally, despite receiving nearly 8 inches of heavy “summer monsoon” rain over the next three months, not a single drop of water leaked into our house! Even the persistent leaks that had defied repair for nearly a decade had been eliminated. Overall, my wife and I are extremely pleased with the professionalism, expertise, workmanship and end result provided by Lee Hoffman Roofing. I would highly recommend this company, especially for major projects such as ours.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement due to normal aging; typical repairs due to leaks were becoming more difficult and no longer very effective.

09/17/2017

Gary L.

Roofer's were on time. Explained what would be done. They were courteous and professional. They removed all debris.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof to a 18' by 20' storage building. To include wood on roof. Then roof was white coated twice.

08/29/2017

Stephen S.

Went perfectly. Work performed over 5 days; first 3 days redid roof (working in mornings to avoid afternoon rains); final 2 days for two coatings of elastomeric material. The supervisor, Pedro, knew his job, worked hard. Every crew member knew their job and did it under high temperature conditions. They cleaned the worksite each day. When they were done, I had solar panels and a solar pool heater installed; the company returned afterwards to take care of dings made by pool heater installer. Cannot imagine what the company that bid twice as much would have done differently. I am most happy.

Description of Work
Rebuild/replace flat roof. Replaced 5 skylights and a wind turbine. Replaced some plywood boards and fascia boards that needed replacement. Painted the facia boards.

07/27/2017

CAROLYN A.

They were thorough, had an excellent bid, met with me twice before starting work, used existing cement tiles and replaced broken tiles so that they matched existing ones. I couldn't be happier. I had 4 bids and chose them because they have been in business a long time and are well respected here. THey also use time tested techniques and materials.

Description of Work
They replaced both my flat root and tile roof.

07/11/2017

Greg I.

Wouldn't even give me an estimate. Why are you on Angie's List advertising roof repair if you're only repairing roofs that you installed? Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy...

Description of Work
Roof repair

06/29/2017

CAROLYN A.

The job was done in the time frame promised; the on-site supervisor was excellent and never minded my interruptions to ask questions. I originally had four bids, three of which were close in price, and one of which was way out of line. I chose Lee Hoffman because while I was debating which company to use, the rep talked to me several times and made a special trip out to see something I was concerned about. I thought they would be the most responsive during the job and (I hope) for the long term. The final job looks great.

Description of Work
Replace both flat roof and cement tile roof. Complete tear off of both was done. New roof remedied some original problems with the builder's roof.

06/12/2017

james C.

They haven't done the work yet; I'm waiting on them. They're very competitive with the other ones. They knew what they were talking about. I decided to choose them due to meeting with the individual and comparing everything and in the manner in which they were going to do it.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate.

06/08/2017

Michelle S.

Not well. They never contacted me back.

Description of Work
I needed roofing work done. I was willing to pay for it, and I called and they did not even bother to return my calls.

05/23/2017

robert W.

Brian the estimator was very courteous, professional and knowledgeable. he communicated well and kept us informed through every step of the process. job took 4 days. Crews were hardworking and very professional. New roof looks awesome!

Description of Work
tear off of old shingle roof and install new composite asphalt shingles along with new sky lights,

05/22/2017

Robert G.

terrible. Several leaks in the porch. Work was not done well.

Description of Work
Replaced Tile roof on our porch areas

03/20/2017

Granger V.

Very professional, personable and the crew was exceptional. Cleaned up the area everyday for 3 weeks.

Description of Work
Total Spanish tile roof replacement.

Category skylights

03/06/2017

Andrew H.

It went well, minimal delays, good quality work.

Description of Work
Replace underlayment for a tile roof.

02/28/2017

Barbara L.

They explained everything to me, what they did. They're price was competitive and fine. They were here when they said they would be and finished on time. Very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Tore old roof off and put new roof on.

02/14/2017

John D.

Crew completed job in one day and cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
New roof.

02/13/2017

Keith H.

It turned out real good. The only issue I had is they ran into some repairs which ended up being more pricey than I anticipated. Overall, they did a good job, it's just, it ended up costing me more money than I had planned on. I didn't totally agree with how they charged for the materials for the extra repairs they ran into, I thought it was a little excessive. The overall job turned out well. They were dealing with weather for the whole week, but they just kept coming out and trying to get done what they could. They were always here when they said they would be.

Description of Work
We used them for roofing.

11/18/2016

Charles B.

The estimator did a good job of figuring out why I had a leak. The fix was proposed and thoroughly explained to me. The fix was more reasonable than other estimates I received, both for scope and price. Their work was thorough. They were very responsive and completed the work on time with full cleanup. It could not have worked out better. I will likely use them again for all future roof work.

Description of Work
I had a roof leak, then added a skylight replacement between the time of the estimate and the ork being done.

11/16/2016

Dan H.

WARNING: Do not waste your time. Unreliable, no show.

Description of Work
Set appointment 2 weeks in advance. Confirmed the appointment directly with the roofer. Called and left a reminder day before (on answer machine). Roofer never showed up, never called. Totally untrustworthy and unprofessional.

08/23/2016

Mary F D.

The crew did a superb job, working in the awful heat; They cleaned up thoroughly after each day's work and the finished product looks wonderful. Our neighbors were impressed!

Description of Work
Our tile roof needed to be redone.

07/25/2016

Walter C.

Superb communication professional detailed estimate on time everyday. Very considerate expert, beautiful job & careful.

Description of Work
Removed old shingle roof. Installed new shingle roof.

06/02/2016

Estimator friendly personable, very knowledgeable and available. Crew performed sharply-final results were perfect- better than any previous roofers.

Description of Work
Repaired, cleaned & applied coatings to our very low angel roof.

05/13/2016

Susan P.

John has been my trusted roof inspector for yrs. from Hoffman Roofing. His bid’s are reasonable & complete, no going over. Juan was crew leader in the work done. Respectful, courteous & the roof looked beautiful at completion.

Description of Work
Replacement of 7 double dome skylights. Repair of bubbled paint on the roof area. Re-coating paint applied in 2 coats.

Tucson Blinds and Shutters LLC

We bring the show room to you. Call today to schedule a free no obligation consultation. Tucson Blinds and Shutters is a family owned and operated company. We are here to provide you top quality window coverings at incredibly low prices. We know your choice of window coverings is an important decision and we take the time to get it right. We provide you with the product details and price information you need to assure you have made the best choice. Additional DBAs - Blinds To Go LLC, Tucson Blinds & Shutters LLC. All orders require 50% deposit down and balance due upon completion of work.

Roofsavers Locke Roofing

Award winning. Additional contact name - Colleen M Locke. Please email: servicerequest@roofsaversaz.com

Smart Choice Heating & Cooling, Inc.

Smart Choice Heating & Cooling provides exceptional service at fair and competitive prices for service, maintenance and complete replacement of all HVAC system brands. Smart Choice makes customer care and quality service a top priority. Having many years of experience in the HVAC field, our staff takes quality and quality assurance to the highest level so that every job, large or small, is done carefully and cleanly. With a combined 75 years experience in HVAC, our Senior Technicians are able to accurately diagnose system issues quickly and thoroughly. Each of them has been trained to effectively communicate and interact with customers so that every customer has a clear understanding of the status of their system at the time of service and all options for repair or replacement of a system. Our office staff is experienced and educated in business, marketing and customer relations so that every customer experience is a positive one from the first contact through the close of the service call.

Arizona