JG Painting Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2006

1242 W Allegheny St

Tucson, AZ 85705

JG Painting's commitment to first-rate service and quality workmanship has set the standard by which all other painters are measured. The JG Painting crew is clean, courteous, efficient, and extremely skilled. A native Tucsonan, Jesse Gonzalez started his buisness in 1997. With over 30 years of

12/13/2017

Myra H.

He sanded and repainted the doors. Unfortunately he painted them thickly with paint and reapplied the caulking, both not what was agreed upon when hiring him. Three years later every door, not just the 4-5 doors with problems are all cracking worse than ever. The paint was applied so thick that we had to sand down some areas so they could be opened or closed. We had him over to discuss this and he said it couldn't be fixed. He would re-caulk them for a fee.

Description of Work
There were cracks in the paint/caulking on my custom interior wood doors and too much paint had been applied. I hired Jesse Gonzalez in Nov. 2015 after finding him on Angie's list with excellent reviews.

05/10/2017

Greg S.

Great job, outstanding quality, very professional and punctual!

Description of Work
Stucco repair, painting outside of house and roof painting

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters, doors, roof cleaning

Thank you for the great review! Was a pleasure working with you.

01/30/2017

Kit H.

Great. Mr. Rodriguez had been working on an exterior job near my home and was forced to curtail due to bad weather so he took on my small job in one day. I was pleased with the job he and his staff did, including finding the paint I wanted. Punctual, finished far in advance of a full day but did an excellent job. I asked him to give us an estimate for exterior work (stucco and wood preservation) which he has done. We will definitely be using JG Painting again.

Description of Work
I needed two bedrooms painted.

01/17/2017

Christine C.

I have hired JG Painting several times. I have nothing but high praise for Jesse & his crew.

Description of Work
Exterior block/wrought iron wall.

09/19/2016

Tod G.

Unbelievably well. They were always on time, they did an amazing job, the cabinets look factory brand new, and they were very professional and clean. Loved the work.

Description of Work
Painted a lot of cabinets.

07/26/2016

thomas S.

It went very well. The crew did a good job of removing all the exterior paint that could be removed. They then painted the house, priming all bare wood first, in a single day. They did no damage and were very neat.

Description of Work
Exterior wood of my house was repainted.

12/29/2015

Helen G.

He said he would sand and caulk and put screws in different spots. I had him out and he did the painting and the caulking, supposedly. But, they hurried and they left. He didn't leave me his bill. He was supposed to bring it back in from the truck and he didn't leave it. They left. I called him back since he said he would be out. They were supposed to put screws in where the plywood is not straight across. We had a leak in the roof and it caused it to drop down a little bit in a couple of places. It does not look like they screwed or caulked. He was supposed to be out last week and never showed up. I would not recommend him for anything. He said it would be two days and would take two coats. He brought an extra guy with him so it wouldn't take two days. I haven't heard back from him. I would not refer him to anybody. He was about $100 over the other company that came out and gave me the estimate for the same.

Description of Work
They did exterior painting for me.

10/01/2015

alex B.

We recently installed granite counter tops in our kitchen and wanted to change to colors for the walls and cabinets that would better complement the granite. We had used JG Painting before with good results so we decided to go with them again for our kitchen. Jesse and one helper showed on time, selected paint types that would be used for various parts of the job and even matched a paint exactly to a gray color that we had previously used. The contractor also painted nine cabinets in out laundry room.They worked fast and efficiently and finished the job in the two and one-half days that had been promised. Our kitchen now looks like it could appear on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens magazine. We definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repainted entire kitchen using various paint types and colors appropriate to the job

Category interior painters, cabinet refacing

10/01/2015

Thomas D.

JG spent the better part of the first day power washing and preparing the roof for coating. They used quality materials. The application and final results was excellent. I've use JG in the past and they are the best in my opinion. Same was true for the painting of the trim on the house. Careful preparation, proper materials and professional application. They are very neat and clean as they work. I would not allow anyone else near my house with a paint brush!

Description of Work
Roof coating and house trim painting

Category pressure washing, interior painters, roof cleaning

06/09/2015

Sandra P.

It went great. Great service and timiing.

Description of Work
Painted trim on townhome

06/04/2015

Karen W.

I arranged for them to come later in the week, but they showed up several days early. I happened to be home and, although they came unexpectedly, it fortunately worked for me that day. The work was done quickly and seemed to be well done. However, during the week after the job was done I began to discover issues: The one frosted bathroom window in my house was not covered with plastic sheeting when they sprayed, so I had to take a razor blade to scrape away the plastic film. One place on the patio wall was missed and powdered adobe was falling on the surface below. The biggest issue was the presence of large spots around the brick surfaces on my driveway and side walkway where they had not covered them before spraying. The bricks were messily spotted where the coating had dripped, some places were large where the coating had pooled. When I pointed this out to Jesse Gonzales, the owner and one of the persons who did the work, he indicated that I could go to Ace Hardware and get a type of sealer for my patio wall issue (and fix it myself). He said that he would come out and try to remedy the spots, but after talking with him THREE times, it's clear that he will not be back to clean up. If you are looking for a job done quickly, this is a good choice. If, however, you want the job done professionally with no clean-up issues, I would not recommend JG Painting. I have used JG Painting in the past and did not have these kinds of issues.

Description of Work
They sealed the adobe on my house.

05/28/2015

Mark W.

Estimate was quick, offer was straightforward, price was reasonable. At the time promised, Jesse's team showed up and went to work. AWESOME! You can tell that these guys know what they are doing, and they do. Taping, prepping, and all necessary precautions to ensure our furniture was moved properly. Nothing was damaged, and every painting removed was returned properly. All furniture was returned exactly to where it was before. Perfect. I can't praise Jesse and his team more.

Description of Work
Painted master bedroom suite, master bathroom, and closets.

05/18/2015

David I.

Fantastic! JG Painting did a fantastic job! Everythng looks wonderful! I would definitely hire this company for all of my painting needs!

Description of Work
Used high pressure washer to wash off house and wall, sealed all cracks in the stucco on the house and wall. Painted both.

04/24/2015

James J.

Amazing, very professional I plan to use him again

Description of Work
Painted a hallway

04/21/2015

James W.

The job went well. Jesse Gonzales was very attentive to the job and has a crew that works well. There was good communication among the crew and their efforts were well coordinated. Jesse made sure everything was done to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
JG Painting patched and painted a large living room, a family room with many odd angles, and a hallway with many doors. They did a great job, using care to protect areas not being painted. Doors were primed and patched before painting. Cracks in ceiling were patched before painting.

Category drywall, interior painters

04/19/2015

Kevin O.

Do not hesitate to hire Jesse Gonzales and his crew. They are a great team to work with. Our home needed to have some stucco patched before we could paint. I thought we would need to hire a stucco company, but Jesse said they would take care of it when they painted, and they did. The home looks brand new. He uses the top of the line Dunn Edwards paint. Initially, we requested that Jesse stop by to give us a bid on painting the exterior of our 2 story home and leave the bid in our door. The next day Jesse followed up to make sure we received the bid. He offered to provide us some addresses where he did some painting. He also told us to come by his home so that we could see his work. We took a couple weeks to get back to Jesse, but when we did call him with questions, he set up a time right away to drop by our home to explain the whole process in person. He was right on time for the appointment too. He walked around the house explaining what needed to be done and how he would do it. We had some additional requests, such as filling in some holes where we hung a hammock, painting our satellite cables to be in compliance with the HOA, etc. Everything we requested, he ended up completing. Once we got the approval from the HOA to paint, Jesse again stopped over with his crew to go over the job with them. We were scheduled to be at work when the house was actually painted, so he returned that evening to make sure we were happy and arrange a time to paint the front door (inside the security door). We scheduled to finish up the following morning, and again the crew arrived right on time. We couldn't have been any happier. We even had some neighbors stop by to comment on how good it looked.

Description of Work
The 2 story home was power washed, stucco was patched, windows caulked and the exterior of the home was painted, which included the garage door, metal gate, metal balcony railing, patio overhang and the front door.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors

01/21/2015

alex B.

They do great work, punctual, fairly priced, very nice and personable crew. I have recommended them to other people and they have had good luck as well.

Description of Work
We have used this company several times in the past for interior and exterior painting.

Category house painters, interior painters

01/12/2015

Clara W.

We will have them paint our house again.

Description of Work
Power-washed and painted outside of house and inside (living room)

12/31/2014

Paula H.

The crew was about 4-5 people and was done in about two days (not including the power wash). The schedule changed a couple times but it all worked out OK and I am happy with the results. The work site was left neat and tidy and after several months the paint looks great. Jesse was very pleasant to work with and I recommend his company.

Description of Work
Power washed the exterior of my stucco house, including two aluminum trellis patio covers and extensive block fencing. They picked up the paint from the store and painted the house, trim, fencing, and used a special paint on my metal security door.

12/19/2014

Garvin L.

Smooth & clean... no over-spray or drips...included all labor & materials no "up charges" Half down & balance on completion

Description of Work
Scraped old paint, replaced 12' rotted wood fascia, painted eaves & roof under-side to match

12/08/2014

Mary T.

JG painting did an outstanding job. The crew was on time and Jessie kept me up to date on how the work was going. They were all very professional and cleaned up each day. They patched all of the stucco, repaired the cracks in the wood trim, and made minor repairs to the roof area near the edges and by the drains. Multiple coats of sealants were applied and then high quality paint was applied. Jessie also helped me find the perfect paint color! We had not had our home painted in many years, so we were not sure what to expect. Jessie came in and evaluated the entire job, made suggestions and gave us a very accurate estimate. I was very happy with the work. Jessie and his crew's amazing attention to detail was very much appreciated. At the end of the job, Jessie even replaced by under-the-porch "fairy lights" himself. They look even better than the supposed 'professional' light hanger who did it the first time. This just reinforced my belief that we had chosen the right painters. Now, 3 months later, we are still very happy with the outside of our home. It looks good, it feels secure, and I still love the color!.

Description of Work
The outside of our home was repainted

Category drywall, roofing, stucco, interior painters

12/08/2014

Roger Van Z.

Excellent quality and excellent service from my initial contact requesting a quote to the final clean-up of our site. Jesse came out first thing the morning after I called him. He assessed the job and gave me a quote on the spot. It was below what I had expected and he confirmed the use of quality materials as I requested. The painters in his crew had been with him for more than 12 years and he offered references should I want to check with other clients of his. He and his crew arrived early Monday of the following week as scheduled and set to work and ultimately finished the work ahead of schedule. As noted, they did an excellent job and took great care to prevent any drips or spills from landing on bushes, windows, walkways, etc.. They carefully moved our outdoor furniture, wall hangings and even lights bulbs around as needed without a single bit of damage to anything, and then they replaced everything in the original locations at the end of the job. Their cleanup was great and when they left, there was no indication that they had even been here except for a lovely looking paint job. As part of the cleanup, Jesse personally walked the grounds and where a spot of paint was on the landscaping gravel or soil, he raked and tilled to make sure nothing showed. He even raked the soil to clear any footprints left by his crew. Also he cleaned all the windows in the house at the completion of the work to make sure no water spots were left from the power washing. And while we had not thought of having our double wooden front door re-done, Jesse included that in the price and the doors now look like new. I would definitely use Jesse and his crew again and would recommend him to anyone looking for a high quality and affordable job.

Description of Work
House painting, including patching of stucco cracks, surface prep (power washing), and applying two coats of paint as well as refinishing wooden front doors.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors

08/06/2014

neil K.

They were very good. They were timely and very professional. They cleaned up after themselves. They actually ended up doing some additional work and they did not even charge me for it. So that was pretty nice and they were excellent. The price was very competitive. I would absolutely use them again in the future if I needed to. They did a fantastic job for me.

Description of Work
I used JG Painting for exterior painting. They painted the exterior of my whole house.

06/15/2014

Jill L.

The painting crew is knowledgeable, energetic, prompt and hard working. The owner oversees and communicates well with his painters. High quality work was completed, and I would highly recommend. Any questions about how the work was to be completed were answered promptly, thouroughly and professionally. I hired based on previous reviews on Angie's list, as well as a professional recommendation, and I am very satisfied with the work from Jesse Gonzales Painting!! You will not be dissappointed if you hire this company. Great work ethic! Thank you for making my home look great again!!

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

05/10/2014

Rose Marie W.

It went very well. Jesse's crew showed up as scheduled. One morning they weren't able to get here at the time scheduled, but Jesse called and let us know. This was very much appreciated. The crew was very easy to work with, clean and did superior work. We didn't have to do a thing - they took off the sun screens, labeled them so they knew what screen went where, and then replaced them. We were impressed. They respected our home as if it was theirs. Thanks so much -

Description of Work
Power washed the house, repaired stucco, painted exterior

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Your Friendly Gardener

We have been serving the local Tucson community for over a decade. Lawn maintenance has been our passion. Now our service specializes in synthetic lawns. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

THE CUTTING EDGE TREE SERVICE AND LANDSCAPING LLC

Get the best for your tress and lawn! We offer experience with quality work at affordable prices. With our background of 20 years, we can give your trees and yard just what it needs to look beautiful and healthy. We deal with residential and commercial properties, big or small. Call now for your FREE ESTIMATE. Whether you need a tree trimmed, weeds treated, a new irrigation system, or a complete landscape, we have the experience, tools, and knowledge to provide your outdoor space with the perfect look and feel to meet your needs. No Job is Too Big or Small!

Offers Coupon

Macs Home Improvements LLC

With over 20 years experience in doing drywall repairs, painting and all other home remodeling services. Its no wonder our motto is quality first. We are Veteran owned and operated. And pride ourselves on providing you with services and products we stand behind. Look no further for all your home service needs.

Offers Coupon

Arizona Registrar of Contractors
    03/31/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Interior & Exterior Painting, Clear Coating, Staining, Varnish, Cabinet Refinishing, Cabinet Painting, Stain & Paint Pella Windows, Garage Floor Coating, Patio Wall, Retaining Wall, Water Proofing, Power Washing, Roof Coating, Repaint, Painting, & Laquer