GRANITE PLANET

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

2707 N 1ST AVE

Tucson, AZ 85719

Granite Planet is a family owned and operated kitchen and bath design center in the Tucson area. Granite's in the name, but we also carry other stone and engineered quartz slabs, three different lines of cabinetry, tile from companies like Marazzi, Bedrosians and Arizona Tile, and sinks from Kohler and Solera. We pride ourselves on being a one stop shop for all your remodeling needs. When we say, "Floors to Walls, We Do it All!" we mean it!...

09/12/2017

Theresa N.

Excellent!

Description of Work
Remodeling bathroom: tile, demolition, lights, plumbing, drywall, painting, etc. Everything!

Category countertops,flooring contractor,marble & granite,home remodeling

06/30/2015

Elizabeth J.

Description of Work
Purchase of a granite slab. They were very professional and gave me a great price!

Category flooring contractor,marble & granite

05/31/2014

Joan R.

Description of Work
Installed granite in my kitchen. Beautiful work.

Category flooring contractor,marble & granite

03/08/2014

Carol P.

Granite Planet's bid seemed very high for the fabrication, so we got bids from two more fabricators. The other two were about 30% less than Granite Planet. The fabricator we finally chose did an absolutely flawless job from start to finish, and for $2,000 less than Granite Planet proposed.

Description of Work
Granite Planet provided a bid to fabricate an outdoor BBQ countertop. We purchased the granite slab from a local granite supplier

Category marble & granite

09/23/2013

George B.

There are several aspects that need to be addressed separately. First, the price of granite slabs is not directly affected by the provider, and as such, the provider cannot be held accountable under the "price" category if consumers elect to procure rare (i.e., expensive) vs. common (i.e. affordable) material. Granite: My wife and I decided to purchase middle-cost slabs of granite. The provider, Granite Planet, did a fantastic job with efficiently utilizing granite from the slabs to cover the kitchen and two bathrooms. In addition, the provider did a wonderful job with cutting the granite to desired specification and subsequent installation. Backsplash / Tiles: Horrific! My wife and I decided to utilize glass "subway" (thin and long) tiles, as these impressed as modern and contemporary. The installation was done in a haphazard, sloppy fashion, with minimal attention to detail. After expressing my concerns to the company owner (Kelly and Mike), I was informed that the particular installer was an "expert" with numerous years of experience. However, unless a consumer is diagnosed with amblyopia, it is very evident that the installer failed to use a ruler or level as to ensure the tiles are placed straight horizontally. Furthermore, not only were the tiles misaligned, many of the tiles were not placed flat against the wall, making the ends extend outwards (which you could feel by running palm against the wall). In several areas, the tiles were missing, not glued to the wall (such as surrounding electric outlets), or chipped. My wife, who is quite fastidious to exact detail, was displeased with the overall quality, and insisted I contact the company, as to remedy the situation. Two other installers came out to inspect the job, and both were in awe that this poor quality was performed by their company. Both installers proceeded to inform my wife that the job appeared poorly executed. Ultimately, the installers did fix the problem, but it took many incessant conversations as to "get it done right." Given the exorbitant costs, I am appalled about the lack of attention to detail. Of note, the original installer installed the backsplash beyond where the counters and cabinets end. It was explained that the reason for this was to accommodate the electrical outlet, as by having the tiles be even with the cabinet/counter, the outlet/switch would have to be relocated. After pointing out how odd this looked, stylistically, the company agreed and moved the outlet over, so that the tiles would be even. It is somewhat discouraging that I was never offered this as an option in the first place, only until I complained. Granite Planet prides itself on being a family-owned business. When possible, I prefer to hire local contractors that are family operated. I find that smaller companies need to put in the extra effort and care in order to establish a robust referral network. Based on the exorbitant cost, with questionable craftsmanship, it seems that Granite Planet has made their wealth, and now are operating solely on word-of-mouth based on previous exemplary work quality. Bravo to them for succeeded, but they seem to have forgotten early roots.

Description of Work
We contracted the provider to install new granite countertops in our kitchen. With extra material from purchased slab, we then hired this provider to install granite counters in two of the homes bathrooms (a half bath and a full bath). In addition to installing counters, the provider was hired to install glass tiles as a backsplash in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

08/05/2012

Richard K.

Installed granite kitchen counters - cutouts for electrial were the wrong size, left with 1/8" spaces between face plates and receptacles - said there installers skrewed up and nothing could be done about it. Used them in the bathroom - for granite counters and tile shower - shower floor tile cutout for the drain wasn't even close - they had to come back three times to get it right and then after all was said and done they sent an additional invoice for $550 to 'cover their costs ' for fixing the shower floor.

Category countertops,marble & granite

04/02/2012

Billie E.

The previous owner use it as a desk and I wanted it used as a counter. They wanted $750 for a 22x36 inch cabinet to be covered in grantie. I thought that was out of site and over priced.

Description of Work
I got an estimate for a granite top.

Category marble & granite

03/12/2012

David S.

They did a really good job. They seemed to be pretty reasonable with everything else around here. The quality was very good. I had to have them come in a couple of times to fix a few little things and they did it very quickly.

Description of Work
I used Granite Planet for remodeling one of my bathrooms.

Category home remodeling

03/12/2012

David S.

They did a good job and I would recommend them. I had some problems with the grout initially and they came right out and fixed it.

Description of Work
Granite Planet put in a lot of tile in my house. They tore out the old tile and put in the new tile in about 1000 sq. feet.

Category ceramic tile

10/28/2011

Marcene M.

It was a great experience with them. What I liked about them was their level of customer service and their detail to work. They were very interactive with us in whatever they were doing. They made proposals for the layout of some of the items. Overall, what they did and their workmanship was extremely good. They were very good with the price and they really worked with us on it.

Description of Work
We had some tile floors throughout the house and granite countertops put in by Granite Planet. They did kitchen remodel and flooring in 2008. They also installed rugs in 3 bedrooms.

Category countertops,flooring contractor,marble & granite,home remodeling

04/21/2010

Denis W M.

Found their business in yellow pages. Picked a granite slab from another site. Scheduled removal of old sink and countertop. Removed old top and sink and measured for new top. Said they would replace sink and faucet when they found them on internet or was shipped in. Sink came in and was paid for about $300. Had to order faucet on line myself, they dropped the ball. Counter top installed two days later than expected for a full seven days without kitchen working. Installation was good, seam is not readily visible. Did not bring all parts for new sink first time but when reminded, parts were brought over. Some glue on floor tile but pretty good installation. Did plumbing myself. Wife wants them to come out and fill and seal some minor pits in the counter top. Overall about a 8 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Description of Work
Replaced counter top with granite and new sink. Removed old counter top and sink. Measured and cut granite and one week later installed new ctr top and sink.

Category countertops,marble & granite

09/11/2009

GAIL S.

Mike Walters and his family were great to work with, from the beginning to the end. They welcomed my dog into their showroom. They loaned me several kinds and colors of tile to try out in my home. They started the work and finished it on schedule. They were polite, neat, and worked rapidly. They moved all my furniture without any damage to it. They were careful to work on sections of the rooms in such a way that I always had access to the kitchen and at least one bathroom, as well as the larger living areas. After laying all the tile, they applied the grout which I had chosen from a selection of colors that Mike knew would go with the tile. They returned three days after that to seal the tile. They placed the furniture back in the rooms they'd come from. I had dreaded the time that my house would be "torn up." Instead, every day was a pleasant surprise. Painless. This are trustworthy people who have been in the business a long time... And the tile looks great!

Description of Work
Granite Planet helped me select 18 inch tile for about 1300 square feet of my home and tile for the baseboards. They gave me an estimate that included removal of carpet, old tile, and other flooring, wood baseboard, removal and reinstallation of toilets, and installation of the tile and the tile baseboards, as well as applying and later sealing the grout. It also included moving my furniture as needed throughout the installation.

Category flooring contractor

06/14/2007

PRESTON H.

Overall, Granite Planet representatives from sales rep to job foreman to crew members are professional, customer-friendly team. They do quality work with great attention to detail and schedules. Installation began early afternoon and, predictably, a few glitches such as getting a stubborn dishwasher out, were encountered. The crew stayed until 9:00 PM to complete the job, and everyone remained cheerful and extremely cautious about doing a great job. We will use Granite Planet in the future with no hesitation!

Description of Work
Sandra Butterbrodt, sales rep, guided our selection of granite for new countertops. She was very attentive and responsive to our needs offering informed guidance and answering all questions. Measurements and templates were done on time, and installation of the countertops met our deadlines as well.

Category countertops

04/10/2007

HELEN C.

Very well, as far as the workmanship goes. The corner was a challenge but they came through beautifully.

Description of Work
Installed granite on large island and custom cut granite for new corner attachment.

Category countertops

07/31/2006

THEY WERE FANTASTIC. THEY DIDN'T REALLY COMMUNICATE THAT MUCH WHILE THEY WERE WORKING, BUT THEIR QUALITY OF WORK WAS WONDERFUL. THEIR PRICE I THOUGHT WAS VERY REASONABLE AS WELL SO I KNOW THAT I WILL HIRE THEM AGAIN IF NEED BE.

Description of Work
WE REMODELED OUR BATHROOM SO WE HAD THEM INSTALL MARBLE FLOORING AND COUNTER TOPS.

Category countertops,flooring contractor,marble & granite

AZ Surface Solutions

Make your existing concrete or countertops look how you want them! Marble, Stone, Granite, Tile, Wood? No Problem! Add value to your home or business. We are the local dealer of Concrete Technology, Inc, so you get the best products in the business! Get your customized acrylic modified cement overlay today! CALL TODAY FOR A FREE ESTIMATE 928-433-4669!

AZ Cardinals Custom Builders

Here at AZ Cardinals Custom Builders, we sustain our business on quality and integrity With over 25 years of construction experience, will guarantee that your job will be done correctly and on time. Any home improvement you need we can do from a new roof to a complete renovation, plumbing, tile, or a complete kitchen. We are very dedicated to our projects and to our customers satisfaction.

Grey Colt Construction LLC

Now offering trade of our services for horses, saddles, tack and horse trailers.A remodeling company licensed by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors , ROC license # 305719 offering many different types of services such as major and small remodels ,room additions , disaster restoration, block walls , paver driveways ,drywall, painting, framing ,wood and tile flooring, small repairs and more. for Tucson and all surrounding areas . give us a call with any of your construction needs at 520 270 2988 or shoot us an email at greycoltconst@gmail.com thanks and god bless.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Kitchen and bath cabinetry design, natural stone and engineered quartz countertops, granite fabricators, granite remnants, drywall, tile floor and backsplash installation, general contractors

Outdoor Landscaping, Outdoor Kitchen Design