Gilligan Remodeling LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2011

Proudly providing high quality remodeling services to Tucson and surrounding areas....

Tucson Blinds and Shutters LLC

We bring the show room to you. Call today to schedule a free no obligation consultation. Tucson Blinds and Shutters is a family owned and operated company. We are here to provide you top quality window coverings at incredibly low prices. We know your choice of window coverings is an important decision and we take the time to get it right. We provide you with the product details and price information you need to assure you have made the best choice. Additional DBAs - Blinds To Go LLC, Tucson Blinds & Shutters LLC. All orders require 50% deposit down and balance due upon completion of work.

Rivers Lath & Stucco

Stucco repair, remodels, and additions

JL PAINTING

With 5 years of painting experience, we are herd to providing Interior and Exterior paint work, stucco repairs, backsplash, showers, laminate floors, granite and cabinets

03/23/2016

Tina F.

Neil was one of three contractors who came to do an estimate. Neil called the very night I signed up for Angie's and sent him a request for a bid. His was the highest estimate, but it seemed reasonable given the amount of work. Plus, he had a great sense of design and seemed to know what I wanted even more than I did. I wanted someone to really take charge of the process and give me ideas and input. He saw the stacked pebble rock I'd done and got the idea of what I wanted straightaway—a sort of modern and natural look. He even went with us to the tile store to pick out tiles, and he made that process very smooth and quick. He had a lot of great ideas and really did a spectacular job. He was often here doing the work with his guys and supervising. He did very detailed work, never cutting corners or skimping on quality. In short, you get what you pay for. You can trust Neil to do an excellent job. We'd originally planned on saving the upper part of one wall of my shower in which I'd installed stacked pebble over the cultured marble. He told me that wasn't what he would do, that the pebble could come off later on down the road. I waffled on whether to try to save it or not. He convinced me to do it by dropping the charge he'd given me in the estimate to take it down...he wanted it down that badly. When he pulled out the bottom part of the tile, I could smell something moldy and I was glad had him take it down. He then took the new stacked pebble and created this beautiful accent that far surpassed what we'd originally planned (stacked pebble throughout). In short, don't hesitate to use him for your work. He's honest and reliable, and quite artistic.

Description of Work
The cost of service above (9250) is for labor only. I paid for the tile, fixtures, and the shower glass. He took care of the rest. Tile from Floor and Decor was $729, plus stacked pebble tile from Bedrosians was $322 (on the latter, I ordered that on my own and I ordered too much). Hansgrohe and Moen fixtures from Benjamin Supply were roughly $2000 (I can't find the receipt for that). You'll get a discount if you order these things through Neil's account, so wait until you hire him before you buy fixtures and tile. We bought a Kohler toilet from Lowe's for about $150. There was nothing wrong with our existing toilet, but we figured that since he was going to take it out anyways, and wouldn't charge to put in a new one, we'd just get a new water saving one. Glad we did. Master Bathroom Remodel: —Took out cultured marble (the standard plastic-y stuff that came with the home) in the shower and surrounding the bathtub. Replaced with tile, including a stacked pebble accent and backsplash around tub and sink. Also took out the stacked pebble which I'd installed a few years ago. (Don't tile over cultured marble!) —Took out the floor tile and replaced with new. Grouted. Sealed tiles. (Grouting stacked pebble is not an easy task.) —Took out the old track-style shower glass. Used Hartman Glass to replace with track-less glass, whom I paid directly...$1,912 for a custom order. On this note, I ordered Enduro Shield through Hartman Glass for $35 rather than pay the $180 to have the factory use the same product to do the same job. It lasts three years, according to the pamphlet, which makes it better than Rainex. The workers at Hartman Glass recommend it and told me it was the same product that the factory would use. —Replaced toilet. —Installed hardiboard in shower, along with waterproof membrane. —Installed a new Kerdi drain and shower pan. —Installed a 12" x 12" soap niche. —Installed plumbing and fixtures for a rain shower head and handheld, as well as a Hansgrohe ibox (which controls where the water comes out with a touch of a button). He put in his own lighting to replace the ceiling light which occupied the space where the rain shower head would go. —New paint, including ceiling.

08/20/2015

Denise E.

Completley gutted both bathrooms having to take shower walls out in one, that is a very small bath. Built pony walls in the small bath for the shower enclosure. Took old heaters out of the walls having to replaster the walls from that and all the holes the plumbers and electricians put in them. Was very helpful from day one going to different tile,and granite places with me. Helping me to get ideas of what to use and put it all together to get the look I wanted. Passed all his discounts for the materials on to me.We had issues with the plumbing in the walls and had to upgrade the electric. Neil helped me to find contractors that could do the work. Even though he did not have to he helped me over see these contracors. Neil built the replacement cabinets. We have very old saltio tile trough out our home he was able to match it perfectly, very happy about that. Anything I wanted changed or was not quit happy with he fixed gracesestly. Very professional him and his crew. Very accommodating to my husband an I. Having to take toilets in and out more then once because of me changing my mind and working between the two baths. Used travertine in both bath rooms. In the one it was very ununiform with red rock going through it. Neil and Mike placed it on the wall with so much flow that it looks incredible. The red rock looks like a river running through it. He also installed roof vents in both baths. I love my bathrooms and would hire Gilligan Remodleling again.

Description of Work
Totally Gutted and Remodeled two bathrooms in a home that was built in the 1950.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

09/08/2014

Norman M.

Gilligan and his crew are all capable craftsmen and handled all aspects of our remodel while keeping the 1920s integrity of our old home. They were always professional and punctual and the owner Neil showed up at the project himself every day to keep the project moving forward. Any delays were generally the fault of backordered items (custom ordered tile, and cabinets in this case) or me (the owner) making mid-project changes. Our house was vacant during the two month remodel so the crew was able to come and go as needed but the place was generally broom clean at the end of each workday anyway. Can’t say enough about how trustworthy, thorough and competent Neil Gilligan and his crew turned out to be. A rare find in the world of remodeling contractors!

Description of Work
Gilligan Remodeling redid three bathrooms in my 1920s era house. This was a “back to the studs” remodel involving complete demolition, repair, and remodeling of floors, walls, ceilings, fixtures, and plumbing. Due to the vintage of the house this proved quite complex with many “surprises” along the way as they dealt with old piping, wiring, lath and plaster walls, unlevel floors, termite damage and more. Neil Gilligan’s broad construction knowledge and capabilities allowed him to handle all of these issues and make our project a success. He dealt with far more than just tile, paint, and faucet installation - he repaired and extended the usable life of our house for many years to come. While not the cheapest bid we received, Gilligan Remodeling was also not the highest, and when it was all complete we felt that working with Gilligan was an excellent value.

Category contractors,home remodeling

08/01/2014

Andrea B.

installation was satisfactory. quality of work was good. We wanted Neil to do more work, but he did not return our phone call, we were disappointed as the first job was done well, on time, he was punctual, professional. Our jobs were not on a big scale, and perhaps that was the issue.

Description of Work
installed slide out units in kitchen

06/19/2014

Paul R.

He's good, he comes in, he's very polite, keeps things clean, very concerned, he does a good job, we just like him.

Category home remodeling,cabinet refacing

06/07/2014

nancy S.

The partial kitchen remodel and enclosure of the wet bar were poorly managed and coordinated. When we pointed out some obvious mistakes such as cabinet doors that were uneven, and knobs that were not aligned, Mr. Gilligan became visibly upset. We had to hire someone else to come out and correct several other mistakes, such as shoddy paint residue left on the walls near the wet bar and the kitchen ceiling that was to be plastered and repainted. Communication from Mr.Gilligan was inconsistent and no timeline was provided for the kitchen remodel, and there was no final walk-through.

Description of Work
Enclosed former wet bar. Installed kitchen cabinets and counter tops.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,home remodeling

I'm surprised by this review because Ms. S said she was happy when the work was completed. Ms. S, I'm sorry to read of your subsequent unhappiness. The bar area was built two months prior to the kitchen remodel. It was due to her satisfaction with the bar that Ms. S chose to have me install her kitchen. The paint to be used was provided by Ms. S but was not a match as she had thought. Twice, I purchased new paint at no cost to her in an attempt to match the existing wall paint. We also made special trips to purchase items when Ms. S was unable to do so herself. We did have an issue with a broken cabinet upon delivery, which the manufacturer quickly replaced. Ms. S told me how impressed she was by our speed at removal and install. In her review, Ms. S mentions ceiling plastering and painting. I'd like to make it clear that she did not contract me for ceiling work and this was not included in my proposal or bill. It is my policy to ask the customer if they are satisfied with my work as far as quality, promptness and professionalism. This helps me become a better contractor. I believe I had demonstrated this to Ms. S. I wish I had been made aware of these issues by Ms. S as I take my job and customer satisfaction very seriously. I hope this is evident by the positive reviews I've received from other customers.

02/23/2014

Chris L.

Neil provided the most details when he came out to provide a bid. (of 3 bids received) He also did not try to up-sell a bunch of other bathroom upgrades. He was friendly, professional, and pleasant to work with. There were some delays with the tile supplier, but he was never the bottleneck. He referred me to another granite installer who did my vanity top with undermount sinks and someone else for the glass shower enclosure (prices not include in above total).

Description of Work
Neil remodeled my master bathroom including removing old tile shower incl. drywall and tile around adjacent tub. Installed cement board, and waterproofing, re-tiled shower and area around tub. Removed tile floor and installed cement board and new tile.

07/31/2013

Bob W.

We had a very extensive remodel done on both hall and master bathrooms. We were very happy with the job performance and overall outcome of the work. We would recommend Gilligan Remodeling for your work and would use the company again. Neil gave us the initial quote very quickly and was very competitive. At our first meeting we felt very comfortable with the information he gave us and he always addressed our concerns. As the process started they kept us informed of their progress and involved us in decisions about the space (never assuming what we wanted). On more than one occasion when we were making design choices Neil was very helpful. He would give us options based on his past experiences, giving us ideas we would not have thought of. If there was ever anything that we were not happy with it was changed always to our satisfaction. Customer service seems to be a very high goal. Remodeling is a hard undertaking and Gilligan Remodeling tried to make it as easy and pleasant as possible.

Description of Work
Remodeled hall and master bath.

03/25/2013

John E.

Neal accomplished the work with little input needed from me. He was very professional and a quick worker. He produced excellent work at a good price. Door looks like it was always there. I will have him back for other work.

Description of Work
New door was installed between the Master Bedroom and Bath.

Category contractors,home remodeling,doors

02/14/2013

Ruth M.

When they bid the job, everyone else said and quot;we will restore it just like it was beforeand quot; however Mr. Gilligan said and quot;I'll restore it better than it was before, I won't use particle board I'll use cabinet grade plywoodand quot; His bid was competetive to the others so we selected him and he proceeded to do just what he said. The new cabinets are beautiful, made of much better material and installed so that you cannot tell we ever had a problem. He and his helper were easy to work with and the cleaned up after themselves. A thoroughly pleasant experience. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Description of Work
Gilligan rebuilt two cabinets that had been destroyed be a water leak.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

Gilligan Remodeling LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2011

2537e Via Corta Di Amore

Tucson, AZ 85718

Small & large remodeling projects including total renovations & room additions, specializing in kitchen & bathroom remodels.