Desert Renovations LLC

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2011

3.7

3241 E. Blacklidge Dr.

Tucson, AZ 85716

Owner-owned. 4-6 employees. Uses sub contractors for specialty services. Charges determined by the job. Travel fees may apply based on locations outside of Tuscon area....

01/22/2013

Jim C.

Took Ken Brandstatt to Pima County Justice Court, proved through data from National Weather Bureau that there had been no rain for months, to refute Brandstatts claim that damage was caused by monsoon storm. Court found against my claim, but I have not used Brandstatt or Desert Renovations since. Nor would I.

Description of Work
On 11/24/2008, while performing roof and fascia repair, one of the workers dropped a heavy brass container from the roof, smashed through pool filtration plumbing causing a high pressure spray of water against the electrical and shorted out one speed of two speed motor. Company repaired plastic pool plumbing but refused to take responsibility for damage to electrical.

Category electrician

11/13/2012

Patti W.

It went good start to finish he ran the crew and visited the job everyday. He gave me good advice on the best products to buy and best methods to build all the different fences. He educated me on what was needed to bring things up to code and then did it with electrical, wiring and lighting. Sometimes he over promises on what he can deliver and has to really push to get it all done but he does extra things not included in the bid at no extra charge. He handled all the dealings with the City of any information and permits needed. He just took care of everything for me.

Description of Work
Ken is easy to work with and is very clear with his bids. I know exactly to the detail what everything costs and what I am paying for. He was willing to go the extra mile to finish the upgrades to my duplex to before I left town so I could get it on the market to rent. And in 100+ degree heat building a beautiful fence across the front. As with any old house there were many unforeseen situations with wiring, etc that he just took care of and made it right. He redid wiring, added GFI plugs, built fences, upgraded light fixtures, installed appliances, installed new exterior doors, screen security doors, and repaired window hardware....all to my total satisfaction.

Category contractors, electrician, doors

06/30/2011

Colin R.

When I first met with Ken, he was very professional with me and my wife. Ken and his partner Michelle came by our house on a Saturday to take measurements, so that they could give us a detailed estimate. Saturday was the only day of the week that one of us was able to be home, and they gladly worked with our schedule. Ken had the estimate ready by the following Tuesday. Ken had done something I had not seen from any of the other contractors we received estimates from. He provided a detailed cost sheet detailing where every dollar would be spent. In addition to the detailed estimate, he provided a blueprint drawing for the patio so we could visualize it better. Ken's original quote was just outside of our budget. I had explained to Ken that we would like to hire him, but we are on a tight budget. A few days latter I received an email from Ken with a new estimate that was workable for me and my wife. We decided on a date and time to lay the new concrete patio. Ken, Michelle, and their crew showed up on time and went straight to work. They finished the patio the same day. They were very professional, and willingly answered any questions I had after the job was done. There was one misunderstanding in regards to the haul away fee for the excavation dirt. Ken had put on the contract that there was a charge for each trip to the dump. I did not realize that it was for each trip made. When the job was completed he informed my wife that there were the additional charges my wife wrote him a check. The additional amount put us over our budget. I contacted Ken the day after he completed the job and explained to him the situation about not knowing the fee was for each trip, and that the additional haul away fee put us over our budget. Ken was very understanding, and by Monday he refunded the extra trip charge. To me that is great customer service. My wife and I have been ripped off before by a previous contractor. Ken restored our faith, and we will definitely hire Desert Renovations in the future.

Description of Work
Desert Renovations poured a concrete patio 11' x 20' next to our existing patio in our backyard. The area where the new patio is used to be filled with sand that would flood when it rained. They also extended our existing sidewalk back to the backyard and connected it to the new patio.

Category contractors, concrete repair, electrician, remodeling, hardscaping

My Premium Drywall

My Premium Drywall is a Commercial/Residential license, bonded and insured. Over 25 Years experience hanging sheetrock, finish drywall to matching any textures such as smoothwall, knockdown, orange peel, hawk and trowel. From small patches and remodeling to new residential homes and commercial projects done with Premium Quality and service.

Macs Home Improvements LLC

With over 20 years experience in doing drywall repairs, painting and all other home remodeling services. Its no wonder our motto is quality first. We are Veteran owned and operated. And pride ourselves on providing you with services and products we stand behind. Look no further for all your home service needs.

Offers by Macs Home Improvements LLC on Angi
    SFA, LLC

Electrical contractor offering quality electrical services to residential, commercial and industrial sectors. We have a team of highly skilled employees dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients. Our goal is total customer satisfaction with work done in the safest and most efficient manner.

General contractor residential and commercial providing services from building design to finish.

None