Custom Solar and Leisure

Arizona: Contractors
12/31/2023

3941 E 29th St Suite 601

Tucson, AZ 85711

We are your Tucson experts in commercial and residential solar system installations including Solar Power, Solar Panels, Solar Pool Heating, Solar Installation and all of your Solar requirements. We are committed to customer service, and high quality alternative energy solutions, at affordable rates. Serving Tucson, AZ. and the surrounding areas since 2007. Custom Solar & Leisure is one of the most highly reviewed solar installers in Tucson, A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau, and a 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018 Angie's List Super Service Award winning company! - Contact Us @ (520) 247-3060 or Visit our website @ CustomSolarandLeisure.com. ...

solar companies (52)

04/26/2021

Ray H.

Fantastic! The work began on time and was completed on time. Jeff (the owner) kept us informed during all steps of the install process, answered all of our questions and coordinated with TEP. His crew was careful with the roof and exterior of our home and thoroughly cleaned up at the end of the job. Jeff walked us through all of the steps of monitoring the system on our phones. The price was very competitive. Jeff was available post-project to answer any questions we had. Our savings on electricity are very impressive. Terrific experience.

Description of Work
We had a rooftop solar system installed on our flat roof and all electrical, permits and coordination with local electric company handled by Custom Solar.

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

12/29/2019

JERI H.

Custom Solar & Leisure is first rate, professional and reliable. Before meeting with Custom Solar, I had a quote from another company that proposed placement of solar panels on my flat roof based on a diagram on Google Earth. The rep from Custom Solar got up on my roof and saw where the shade was, so his plan for solar panel placement was superior. Custom Solar installs LG panels, and I have LG Neon2 350W panels. At this time, these LG panels have one of the highest outputs per panel, and because the final cost is related to the number of panels you install, my installation was a great price. They kept me apprised of every step of the process. They helped with HOA approval and all TEP procedures. The owner was in touch with me every step of the way and did the final turning on of the system. It's been three weeks and the system is working perfectly. You are in great hands with this company!

Description of Work
Installation of solar panels

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

04/08/2019

MJ W.

Custom Solar and Leisure installed our solar panels at the end of last year (2018). I liked that when I called initially to inquire about solar, it was Jeff himself, the owner, who answered the phone and was happy to spend time answering my many questions. Jeff and his team were professional and thorough, taking care of everything with TEP and making sure we got the job completed in the timeframe we agreed upon. Jeff and Mike helped us size the system and project accurately, helping us achieve an approximate $200+ in monthly savings. We are very happy we went with Jeff @ Custom Solar and Leisure. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

Review for Custom Solar and Leisure - 3941 E 29th St, Tucson, AZ - 37807772

04/02/2019

david B.

Great experience. I felt good doing business with a locally owned company. They are a member of the Better Business Bureau and have a wonderful record. Work was performed as promised and everything was thoroughly explained. The pricing was competive.

Description of Work
Installed solar arrays

Work Completed On 09/03/2018

04/02/2019

Dorothy B.

Installation went smoothly and system is very satisfactory. Jeff and his crew were a pleasure to work with. Tax credits reduced net cost to $8240.

Description of Work
Installed solar photovoltaic system with microinverters, handling all permits and interactions with TEP. Furnished best system proposed at best price.

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

10/06/2018

James M.

Jeff and his crew did a great job installing solar panels on my home. His sales guy (Mike) talked through a number of options, with many follow up calls/emails to answer my questions. I also got 2 bids from other companies where this bid cost less and was for better equipment (also used the Angies List coupon to help achieve that). The crew installed the racks and 27 LG 350 panels (with Enphase microinverters) in about 2 days (usually half days), they were very professional and even answered any of my questions fully, took care of all the permits and TEP interactions, and upon system turn on Jeff himself spent a few hours with me walking through the website to get solar readings on my equipment along with discussing all the ins and outs of understanding the readings (now and in the future and what to watch for). The system has been operating for ~2 months now and I just got my first full TEP bill with solar producing most of my electricity (~90%) where my electric bill effectively was reduced in Sept by ~$250 (and this was without any Fall/Spring credits since just turned on). I would definitely use Jeff and his crew again.

Description of Work
Installation of solar panels on house

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

06/20/2018

Michael C.

Jeff is a consummate professional and expert in all things solar. His crews are expert at installation. They handled all permits and paperwork did a beautiful job of installation and afterwords Jeff explained to us in detail the workings of the system. We could not be happier and look forward to years of little to no electric bills.

Description of Work
Installed 27 solar electric panels. Repaired existing solar pool heater.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

05/18/2018

Sean G.

The entire process was easy and all the paperwork was completed by Jeff and his team. The installation was done on time and went very well. The crew was professional and had good communication with me. Jeff came out and did the inspections with the city, set up the system, and created an account so we can monitor the system. Jeff was very informative and went over the entire system. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Solar System Install

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/26/2018

William R.

This was a difficult job and was underbid but Jeff honored the original estimate. Job was supposed to take two days but ended up taking four days. Workers did a good job and paid attention to detail. I hired this company based on good reviews and they didn't disappoint. I would hire them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
solar heating for my pool

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

03/20/2018

ryan D.

I give Custom Solar and Leisure my strongest recommendation. When starting my solar project, I got estimates from 6 different Tucson solar companies. I did my research. First, I was impressed to learn that the owner of Customer Solar, Jeff Shoemaker, served on the Southern Arizona Regional Solar Partnership committee. This shows his personal dedication to the solar field. Jeff has been in the solar business more than most, so he has lots of experience. He runs a small family business, which I like to support in our community. During the estimate process, Custom Solar was professional, knowledgeable and flexible with my project needs. For example, they went the extra step of installing the inverter in my garage, at my request, even though it required extra work. They did not charge me extra for this. When Custom Solar came to do the work, everyone on their crew was great. We did run into a couple minor hiccups but they were resolved to my satisfaction immediately. As for price, I doubt you will find a better price than Custom Solar, in addition to their high quality work. I could not find a better price in all of Tucson, believe me, I tried! You can see the photos from my project, including 24 panels. If you thinking of doing a solar project, contact Jeff and Custom Solar, you will be happy you did!!!

Description of Work
24 Panel PV Solar System

Work Completed On 07/30/2017

Review for Custom Solar and Leisure - 3941 E 29th St, Tucson, AZ - 36915170

Solar electric systems, on grid and off grid. Solar Pool Heating. Solar Hot Water Heaters. Solar Panel Installation. Solar Power Installation.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Financing Available