Custom Home Solutions LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2009

Custom Home Solutions LLC is a local, family owned & operated company serving NW Tucson, Oro Valley & Catalina Foothills. We pride ourselves in providing the best products, services & experience for our customers and their homes & businesses. We are a Licensed Residential & Commercial General Contractor. Our workers are experienced, clean, friendly & honest. We are properly licensed and carry Liability & Workers Comp Insurance for your & our protection. Please call 520-390-5542 for a consultation on your project. To better serve our customers and provide the level of service, quality & attention to detail that they deserve, right now we are now requiring a minimum commitment of $2,000 on any contract for new customers! This will allow us to allocate our resources more efficiently. Thanks!!!...

Lion Coat Painting, LLC

Lion Coat Painting, LLC is a fully licensed, insured & bonded painter contractor company. Our main goals is to specialize on a clean and high quality work with a high customer's satisfaction. We also specialize in the interior and exterior painting of your home with the highest quality paints. We also do free color consultations. Our ROC# 322-177

R & JS CONSTRUCTION FIRE and WATER RESTORATION

We are your one stop shop for all of your water and fire restoration needs. We will take care of you from start to finish. We have been serving the greater Tucson area since 1998. We are family owned and operated, and we have over 26 yrs of experience. We offer free estimates and unparalled customer service.

Turn It On Electric

WE ARE AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE AND ARE CURRENTLY OPEN! Turn It On Electric is one of the top electricians in the Tucson area. Regardless of how big or small your electrical needs are, we have professional and licensed electricians ready to respond to your home and business electrical needs. Whether commercial, residential, or industrial our highly skilled electricians will take the time to determine your needs. We are insured, bonded, and licensed Tucson electricians to give you peace of mind. Our number one priority is the customer and our list of clients is as diverse as the various needs we are requested to address. We believe that if it isn't done right, it isn't done and remind customers that every time a light turns on, thank an electrician, and when it doesn't, to call us. Prompt emergency electrical service is available 24 hours a day for Tucson and surrounding cities. Appliance circuits, circuit breakers & fuses, ceiling fan installation & maintenance, code corrections, data/ communication lines, dedicated computer circuits, electric water heaters, exhaust fans, fluorescent lighting, ground fault interrupt circuits, generator transfer switch installation, hot tubs & spas, LED lighting, lighting design & maintenance, motors, outlets & circuits, security/ landscape lighting, panel upgrades, smoke detectors, surge protector, transformers, etc. 10% military, first responder, and veterans discount.

03/12/2016

Janet S.

From the day that Mike Poyas (the owner) came to look at the site and give me an estimate I was impressed with his understanding of what I wanted and his professionalism. He suggested window options that none of the other companies mentioned, which I ended up using. He provided an extremely detailed estimate, and then worked with me to bring down the cost of the windows based on the online prices I had seen. Once we had signed the contract, the windows went on sale and he actually passed along that savings to me even though he didn't have to! He was on site every day, kept me informed about anticipated progress, and worked himself when needed. He and Carlos cleaned up at the end of each day, and always let me know when they would be back, including a call if they would be late on a given day. The end result is exactly what I wanted, skillfully done and has prompted a number of neighbors to comment on how beautiful it looks. Moreover, Mike finished the job under budget. On top of this, MIke is a genuinely nice person, who is a pleasure to work with. I recommend him very highly and would be more than happy to work with him again. As an addendum: I know the price will look very high to some people, however I got four estimates and they were all within a few hundred dollars of each other. Windows are expensive and custom framing even more so.

Description of Work
Mike's company replaced 15 large pairs of single pane windows with double pane low E, installed them and redid as necessary the custom framing that made up two entire walls of my living room and one wall of my dining room.

Category remodeling

12/09/2015

Bonnie O.

We hired Custom Home Solutions to gut and completely remodel our master bathroom, put in new flooring and paint the master bedroom, install a door in between the bedroom and bathroom (not just an opening!), eliminate a claustrophobic water closet, and to upgrade the other 2 bathrooms as well, plus some other cosmetic things around the house. Unlike several other contractors we talked to, Mike expected to and did obtain a local work permit, and had the job inspected ? important issues to us. His pricing for the project was fair. Mike always listened to us, ensuring that results were exactly as we'd anticipated. He quickly resolved the few problems that came up during the course of the job. When the fabricator went to pick up the granite we?d put on hold at the large tile and granite company at the southwest corner of Orange Grove and Thornydale/River Rd, he discovered that the company had sold it to someone else! Mike went above and beyond duty for his wildly unhappy client, and accompanied me to different yards to locate another piece of granite! My husband and I lived in the house during the entire process. Mike did everything he could to ensure our comfort, including putting a zippered plastic door between the hallway leading to the bedroom and the rest of the house, which cut down on the amount of circulating dust - and kept our cats safely out of the work zone. The guest bathroom was left pretty much intact until after the master bath was finished, so we always had a bathroom to use. Mike and his main helper Carlos, as well as all the sub-contractors he used were all top-notch professionals, pleasant and comfortable to have in the house with us. Work areas were always cleaned up beautifully before people left for the day. I?m a bit of a control freak, and Mike seemed perfectly at ease consulting with me every step of the way, which I greatly appreciated. Emails were always responded to quickly, and I could reach him by phone if necessary. He always sent me an email the evening before, to let us know at what time workers would arrive in the morning. The work was done to our complete satisfaction and in a timely manner. The results are beautiful - even beyond our hopes and expectations! And - because structural issues came up that prevented moving the toilet to a new location in the master bath, the project actually came in under budget! I cannot say enough good things about Mike and his company and the job they did for us; I highly recommend Custom Home Solutions without hesitation to anyone planning to remodel. Should we ever decide to do more work on the house, this will be the company we?ll contact.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of master bath, install new flooring and paint master bedroom, upgrades to powder room and guest bath, plus a few other relatively minor changes throughout the house.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

02/20/2015

Susan L.

yy . ooooooooooooooooooooo We hired a contractor who could begin within the month.

Description of Work
We met with Mike and several other contractors during the initial job bidding. Mike impressed us as being very knowledgeable, experienced, easy to work with . He had some great ideas for how to accomplish our master bath remodel but he also listened well to our thoughts. He sounded very honest and mentioned his hardworking team of workers. Mike was not the least expensive estimate we received but price was not our sole consideration. We are "snow birds" and have to depart AZ in a short while. Mike would not be able to accommodate our big project until we ret'd. in the Fall. We felt certain that he could do the job well but we found someone who could start our remodel this month. I liked the fact that after Mike learned he didn't get this job, he thanked me for letting him know and also asked how he might improve in the future. (We didnt feel he needed to improve at all.) We would definitely like to consider him for our next project.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thanks for the review. Enjoy your new bathroom. MIKE.

12/29/2014

Kari P.

Mike and his helper worked quickly and neatly. They cleaned up well after themselves and finished the job about a month early. I highly recommend using Custom Home Solutions for any project. I have some experience in construction and Mike graciously allowed me to do some of the work myself and deducted the labor from his final bill. Though my wife and I occasionally made changes to what we wanted during the course of the work, Mike was never angered or flustered (or at least he didn't show it!) which we greatly appreciated. We subsequently have used Mike's services twice more, and will likely be getting yet another bid from him soon! I don't think you'd go wrong trusting Mike with your projects.

Description of Work
We contacted Mike Poyas to request a bid ASAP for a FNMA HomePath Renovation home we were looking at. Mike was quite prompt in meeting us at the home, examining it and had a bid to us in about a week. He was very helpful in suggesting cost-saving changes and worked with us to facilitate the purchase. The work done included insulating, sheetrocking, taping/mudding/texturing a tower ceiling; removing a non-functioning FAU room and large metal safe (don't ask!), constructing/finishing the resultant hallway; repairing a huge damaged section of ceiling; and lots more.

Category home remodeling

Thanks for the Review[removed member name]! And thanks for all the business you have given us. We look forward to working with you on your upcoming project.

10/29/2014

don P.

Helped us design the new custom doors leading onto our patio. They were all unique sizes so every detail of customization was handled by CHS, framing, staining to match existing wood trim, and installation. Very professional with special attention to detail and daily clean up.

Description of Work
Installed new custom doors

Category home remodeling,doors,patios

10/16/2014

Heather P.

Another job well done! They were great to have around as before. No problems and no surprises.

Description of Work
Repairs from Storm Damage. Replace damaged sheetrock, paint, carpet, insulation. Had sub fix our roof which was in bad shape. They worked with our insurance company to handle payments and all the red tape involved.

Category carpet installation,insulation,roofing,home remodeling,interior painters

02/18/2014

jessica H.

We are very satisfied! They completed everything perfectly and cleaned up nicely. Major damage to walls were addressed and they enclosed all work and access areas in plastic & drop clothes/carpet to protect our property and contents. Jos was done on time and on budget. Happy customer...

Description of Work
Interior Paint, Drywall Repairs, framing, doors, etc.

Category drywall,picture framing,remodeling,interior painters,doors

Thanks for the review and thanks again for the business and being another great repeat customer. The guys say "thanks" for the cookies!!!

01/25/2014

jessica H.

Couldn't be happier. Project turned out great! Skilled, Honest, Efficient, Clean. Stuck to schedule and pricing was fair. We felt very comfortable leaving our new home in their hands. We changed our mind on a few items after they installed them. Mike worked with us to return and replace them a couple weeks later when new ones arrived. He went over every detail and didn't ask for final payment untill everything was finished and made sure we were completely satisfied! Great Job!!!

Description of Work
Remodel of our recently purchased home in Oro Valley. New Interior Doors, framing, demo, drywall repair, painting, flooring, lighting, plumbing fixtures, removed a wall. Etc, etc, etc...

Category drywall,flooring contractor,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,interior painters,doors

Thanks for the review! We will see you soon to work on the other projects you showed us.

01/13/2014

Heather P.

Everything went PERFECT! On time, on budget! Good, clean work. We gave them plans for a garage of our dreams and they built it. This was our 2nd project with them over the years, their workmanship, attention to detail, and customer service was better than ever. Workers showed up on time, cleaned before they left. Mike kept us informed thru project, he let us know what would happen at each stage, who would be on site working, and made sure we were satisfied with everything as the project progressed. We did colored concrete on the floor, they made sure it was always protected and made sure all the subs know not to damage it. We added a big proch project after work started on the garage. Mike was able to get us an estimate fast and get that project going at the same time. Since we had plans already, they just had to tweak a couple of things for code issues and they took care of all the permits and inspections. Their pricing was great. At out initial meeting, we discussed what we wanted to spend and Mike made sure all materials and finishes selected would fit in to what we could spend. That saved us a lot of back and forth. Overall, great experience, would recommend to everybody! Thanks...

Description of Work
They built us a new detached garage as well as extended our patio around the side of our house.

Category remodeling,garage builders,patios

Thanks for taking the time to write that review! It was a fun project, great to meet you and the family. We hope you enjoy your new space. Have a great 2014!!!

01/11/2014

Ann Marie K.

The project went really well. Mike is very nice to work with and considerate of the homeowners request. One thing that stands out to me is that since it was our kitchen its quite a disturbance to the center of the house. Mike made sure that I had my main stove to cook on for as long as possible and the use of my kitchen sink for as long as possible. His crew came in and got right to the work tearing down the old soffit. (My husband and I had prepped the space by removing the cabinets ourselves). They had the new dry wall up in no time and began the ceiling dry wall repairs and then onto the painting. I thought he did an excellent job installing the new cabinets (which we had bought on our own). He got my feedback before he went ahead with any decision on placement of cabinets and tile. He was also patient with the granite counter installation (as we had purchased that on our own through another vendor). But soon as it was done he came right out to install the faucet and do the plumbing hook up. The back porch ceiling went well also, they removed the old dry wall and installed T-111 plywood-grooves every 4" which simulates lounge and groove appearance. The front porch ceiling only needed some drywall re-taping and secured the light fixture. We plan to have Mike back to repair some cracks in our living room ceiling and repaint as well.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen totally refreshed. Mike removed the soffit, installed new cabinets, repaired cracks in our kitchen and great room ceiling and wall. Installed new light fixtures, moved our island about a foot, installed backsplash tile, and painted kitchen and great room area. He also, removed our back porch ceiling and installed a new one and did some dry wall repairs on our front porch.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,decks,drywall,lighting,home remodeling,interior painters

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thanks for the opportunity to work with you again on this project and as always, thank you for your business! Enjoy your new Kitchen! Mike

Custom Home Solutions LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2009

2805 W Orange Grove Rd

Tucson, AZ 85741

Residential & Commercial General Contractor. Major Remodels, Additions & Commercial TI.

Please Call Now 520-390-5542 Please read description for minimum contract requirements. THANKS