Columbus Glass and Screen

Founded 1968 • With Angi since November 2009

4.2

SEE OUR WEBSITE: COLUMBUSGLASSANDSCREEN.COM...

ARIZONA WINDOW & DOOR STORE

Family owned and operated, huge selection of products, highly experienced team, lower overhead for better pricing, professional service and installation, no interest financing available, free in-home estimates (no high pressure sales), cash back for old doors and windows. Additional email - info@azwds.com Phoenix: 480-867-6047 Tucson: 520-447-3603 SUMMER SAVINGS $200 OFF each window $500 OFF all entry doors No interest until 2023 Offer ends 8/31

10/18/2017

Theresa N.

Great! When they first installed the door, they found they couldn't get these track marks out of the glass when they cleaned it up. So, they reordered a new glass door and brought that one out and it's beautiful!

Description of Work
Glass barn door installed for bathroom

12/12/2016

Gailene Z.

Brandon did the measuring, price quote and install. He discussed the pros and cons of opening options, hinge options and pricing and saved me a few hundred dollars. I asked if the job could be rushed since I had to leave town soon. Office staff was great in confirming that they could rush the job and do the install before I had to leave. Brandon returned to do the install and with he and his partner I had a new, custom-fitted shower door that looks beautiful. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed a new glass shower door for a recently remodeled master bathroom.

Category glass repair,doors

10/19/2016

John K.

Brandon and Andrew made two trips to my home. The first was to measure the opening for the shower door to determine the type of door which would meet my specifications and the price for such. I was called within 48 hours with the price -- very reasonable for such a product. I ordered the door over the phone. It was made and then installed (by Brandon and Andrew) in two and a half weeks. The measurements for the door were perfect --with a 1/32nd of an inch tolerance. The installed door looks like it was always there. The removal of the old door, caulking, etc. was such that one could never tell that anything else existed there before. I could not be more pleased. These two men are truly professional "artists."

Description of Work
I wanted an updated European-style glass door for my master bathroom shower.

12/18/2014

Allen G.

05/31/2014

Maria B.

Description of Work
I called this company recommended by my realtor to repair some windows and screens for my home sale. They came that week and said they would have a quote ready for us that day or the next. No call. I call them and they told me they would have the quote ready by 5pm. No call. I called again the next day and left a voicemail. No call. I finally called another company and got another quote right then and there. I called them again to see if they could beat the price and the manager said he'd call me right back with a quote saying he was, "working on it right now". No call still. He called me the next WEEK asking for my email address to send me the quote. My inbox has yet to see an email from the company. This has been going on for three weeks. Needless to say I am going with the other company and will notify my realtor not to recommend this company to any more clients.

03/17/2014

Chet H.

I paid one-half of the work order on August 20, 2013. All patio doors and 18 of the 21 fixed glass units were installed and 3 more fixed and 3 additional sliding windows had not yet been installed as of June 11, 2014. There have been problems with scratched glass that had to be removed and replaced after installation, mistakes in orders that had to be redone, errors in measurement and manufacturing that could not be redone, many delays, promises, plans, and agreements not kept, schedules not kept, and a sudden and unexpected request for a partial payment before completion of the order. The original order called for a color match betweem the doors and windows, but the doors were manufactured, delivered, and installed before I discovered that the glass did not match. Between March and June we were repeatedly told that the remaining windows were on the way or would be delivered the following week and that they would contact us ahead of time. Preparations were made on the basis of promises, yet no one arrived. Calls, letters, and e-mail messages were never returned. Promises to return calls and follow-ups went unfulfilled. Finally, on June 11 we informed the company that we were terminating our relationship with them for lack of performqance and apparent abandonment by them. It's a marvel that this company claims to have been in business since 1966.

Description of Work
Supplied and installed 6 insulated sliding patio doors and 18 of 21 fixed insulated glass windows. Three fixed windows and three additional sliding windows were never delivered.

06/25/2013

Susan D.

The original call I made was quite some time ago. I live quite far from their location so they asked if it was OK if they waited until they had another job in my area to come out. I said that would be OK and did not hear from them for so long I thought I never would. They called this morning and asked if they could stop by this afternoon. The two men who came by were pleasant and they worked on the door to try to fix it but were only able to partially fix it. They said they needed to go back to the office and check into the problem a little more to find out if the door could be repaired or if it needed to be replaced. They are suppose to get back to me later this week. They did not charge me anything for the time they spent working on the door and if they get back to me as the promised I will follow through with having them do the work. I did check and found out that they are licensed and bonded.

Description of Work
He came out to see if he could repair our shower door or if it needed to be replaced.

04/16/2013

Bryan C.

They did an excellent job. Their service was prompt. They were friendly and very knowledgeable. They did a good job and they cleaned up after themselves. We are really happy with the work. The noise from the street is a lot less because it is a doubled paned glass.

Description of Work
We had glass replaced. We had a couple of plain glass put in and it was done by Columbus Glass. They upgraded the house windows about a year ago.

02/11/2013

Wayne B.

Description of Work
Don't bother! I contacted Columbus Glass three weeks ago. They came out, took measurements and stated we would hear from then in a few days. A week layer we contacted them. They claimed some sort of oversight and pledged to get back with us the next day. It has been nearly two weeks since that failed commitment. This appears to be a good indication of the work we could expect from Columbus Glass, so we'll be taking our business elsewhere.

11/17/2009

Stuart W.

I didn't ask for an estimate, and when the service man called his office for a cost, it came to $120. I thought that was pretty high for the work performed, but had not asked in advance, so thought it might be minimum for two men. Today, 11/17/09, the owner called me and said ther had been a mistake and they were refunding $40, as their minimum is $80. He put the mistake on himself and didn't fault his workers, a very ethical man. I highly recomend them and will use them again as needed.

Description of Work
Two repairmen put new rollers on my sliding door. They we very professional and prompt. The door works like new.

SEE OUR WEBSITE: COLUMBUSGLASSANDSCREEN.COM