Buddy Heilig & Sons Electrical Services Inc

Arizona: Contractors
09/30/2022

PO Box 65415

Tucson, AZ 85728

Electrical contractor serving Tucson & surrounding areas since 1993. We take pride in all services that we provide, no matter how small or how large the job. Buddy Heilig, owner of the company, has 39 years of experience in this field. He will personally design and estimate cost for your project; keeping in mind that consumers are looking for the most cost effective services with quality in mind....

electrician (225)lighting (47)ceiling fan installation (27)landscape lighting (10)plumbers (2)

01/12/2022

John H.

They did a wonderful job, they tied our additional electricals to our solar power system, they even gave a percentage discount since we got them from Angi and we are so remote out here and its quite very hard to find providers and Angi was a great help.

Description of Work
Major electrical updates

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

04/04/2020

Eugene B.

Perfect. Excellent responses to problems.

Description of Work
installed 2 exhaust vents for bathrooms

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

02/01/2020

Nanette L.

They did good wiring... However, their driver put a small hole in my bumper. I just read a review about how they drive recklessly and realized it's part of their culture. Buddy H rep said it was an "act of god". They tried to send someone mobile to fix it. THE repair person said the paint was damaged and there is a hole in the bumper. Their insurance denied fixing. I would not use again. I wouldn't want any more damage to my car or property. Anytime some tells me about the act of god, it shows disrespect and lack of decency! After paying more that $1300 to install a 220... I would have imagined they were decent!

Description of Work
Install a 220 for my Teslas

Cost $1,336.52

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

10/21/2019

Ruthie M.

I called and spoke to the receptionist describing the help I needed. Called Heilig & Sons because they had helped me once before when I had a worn out breaker in my older manufactured home. The new receptionist said she would talk to the Office Manager and someone would call me back. I waited ....and waited ....and waited for two days They never called back. Because I liked their service and knew the receptionist was new, I called them again to find out if they were going to help me. I was very curtly informed, "We no longer work on trailers and I needed to call someone else. Thank you - Bye ...Click" So if you live in a trailer, a manufactured or a modular home, don't bother them. Frankly, I wouldn't do any business with this company again....ever. There are numerous and superior alternatives available here in Tucson.

Description of Work
Circuit Breaker replacement

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

I am the owner of Buddy Heilig & Sons Electrical Services, Inc. I have been on vacation and I saw this review today when I returned to the office. I was extremely upset when I read what was written about my company especially from a previous customer. First of all, the new receptionist is no longer with the company due to this issue and other similar incidents. The office manager never received the message to call [Member Name Removed] and most certainly would have if she had received the message. Our company values all of our customers, both new and returning. In this case I would have instructed our staff to schedule a service call and she was relying on our company for her electrical needs. We have made a business decision not to work on manufactured homes due to the fact that they are built differently than a home and many time it involves removing skirting to get underneath it to re-feed it or add new circuitry and it can be complicated for the service techs that are not experienced or proficient with the manufactured home industry. When you are not experienced with something, it can take a longer period of time to figure out how you are going to accomplish the task and exactly what parts may be needed, as manufactured homes have their own specific code requirements which in turn, costs the customer more money because it takes us longer. There are many companies that do not service manufactured homes and if the new receptionist would have asked instead of completing an entire work order, we could have provided a company to refer the customer to for the problem. I am truly sorry and embarrassed with the way this was handled by my company and I wish I could offer [Member Name Removed] something that might have some compensation for the unprofessional way she was treated. I have been in business for 26 years and I assure you my customers are always the most important thing to me! This has certainly opened my eyes with regard to training issues and screening our future employees. Again, I apologize for this incident. Buddy Heilig, Owner

01/09/2019

Mel M.

Excellent experience. Very helpful, thoughtful and highly competent. 2nd time using the company and will do so again.

Description of Work
Replace and install DR light fixture and bathroom fan

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

12/13/2018

Phyllis I.

We are very pleased. Kudos to Kris and Anthony our electrical technicians for an excellent job. Kris worked very hard to get the job done in one day, but because of the extensive amount of work Anthony came to finish the job the next day.

Description of Work
Installed GFCI protected receptacle on backyard patio, new double flood security lights, and three new pendant lights above our kitchen island.

Category electrician,lighting,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

11/15/2018

GREG S.

It took 3 tries to figure out how to fix it (it is a very wired design), but they kept at it until it was right.

Description of Work
Rewiring of lighted mailbox

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

11/09/2018

jeff M.

Got 4 estimates for job, they were double the price or more for the same job. Absolutely shocked at there estimate. This is type company that preys on poorly prepared or poorly informed customers Those that don’t take time to do homework. Tucson does not need this kind of ********! If you get estimate from them, make sure you get at least a few others. The other 3 estimates were all within 60.00-100.00 dollars of each other.

Description of Work
Change 2 outdoor patio lights, already wired and install outdoor fan with double switch and 20 feet of conduit/wiring.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm very sorry you feel this way about our company. In our line of work, there are many different ways to do a job and this leads to differences in estimated cost of the job. Our estimator are trained to design the most quality installation possible along with full consideration of the aesthetics of the final product. This being known, I'm not sure how the other bidders on the project planned on doing their installation or what their fees or overhead costs are, I can only speak for our company and the price we gave was our estimated cost based on the explanation given on our proposal. It is always our intention to give our customers a quality installation at a fair price with 100% customer satisfaction and a guarantee and warranty of our work. If given the opportunity, I wish I would have had a chance to speak with you about the project, as I may have been able to reduce the costs while maintaining code compliance and quality of installation. I am very saddened by this review because I have been in business for 25 years and take a lot of pride in our company and staff, and at no time do we want to take advantage of or mislead any of our customers. Sincerely, Buddy Heilig

11/02/2018

Scott A.

Just came out to quote so far. Amazingly punctual. Never had a trade give me a window for showing up and show at the top of the window. Excellent sign if this translates to their work performance.

Description of Work
Outdoor Electric

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

10/31/2018

Francis W.

Easy to schedule and prompt arrival. Work was done neatly and quickly.

Description of Work
Relocate outdoor lights, outlets and conduits

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Electrical repairs, service calls, upgrades, remodels, new construction, commercial & residential

Ask for details.