3 Shimy’s Home Maintenance & Repair

Founded 2011 • With Angi since May 2013

Service business. Cash, check and credit are acceptable forms of payment. Not a Licensed Contractor - operates under Arizona statute for Handyman ...

handyman (262)plumbers (40)door installation (37)lighting (21)ceiling fan installation (20)woodworking (11)interior painting (10)window treatment (7)screen repair (6)stucco (5)house painting (4)home security systems (4)

11/19/2020

Shirley K.

Replacement of the side garage door went really well. Michael, the handyman who came out to a superb job. Certainly knew what he was doing and offered me great advice. I would definitely hire them again for all sorts of jobs. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replacement of side garage door.

Category handyman service, home security systems, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

05/10/2020

jeff G.

awesome, very nice guy and does great work

Description of Work
install microwave

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 05/10/2020

04/27/2020

Doris A.

It went well. Michael was very familiar in how to stall doggy doors.

Description of Work
Doggy door

Category home security systems, doors

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

10/30/2019

John B.

excellently. Mike was efficient, understood what had to be done, and completed it in a timely manner.

Description of Work
general household stuff

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

07/28/2019

Fred S.

Have received an acceptable quote. Work will start in three days. Work went very well, on schedule, top quality, professional job. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Weatherstripping 5 doors, replacing 2 outside faucets, replaced ballast, misc repair/maintenance projects.

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

07/28/2019

Lisa G.

Never responded to my two messages. Nor ever contacted me. Ended up finding someone else. If a business is not interested in working than don’t list on Angie’s List.

Description of Work
Fans installed

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

06/01/2019

Carol F.

Looks pretty good. Drop of stain on my flagstone.

Description of Work
Sand and stain gate

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

05/30/2019

David W.

Their reply to my request for a quote was: "Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry, this is not one of the services we offer."

Description of Work
Roofing, electrical, concrete, tile

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

03/31/2019

Tony S.

Michael is the handyman you are looking for. I had Michael work on a number of projects. Each was completed perfectly and professionally! I can not say enough good things about Michael. Dog door, electrical, fixtures, plumbing, home touch-ups, all the way around, I am really thrilled with Michael. I will 100% be hiring again! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Multiple Projects / Whole House

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans, stucco, doors

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

01/30/2019

Diane G.

The representative showed up at the time he said he would and the work was done in a professional manner

Description of Work
Plumbing and smoke alarm

Category handyman service, plumbing, home security systems

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

01/16/2019

David H.

It went very well. I liked his work and him. I will call him again.

Description of Work
Repair to tiles on roof

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

11/16/2018

Andre K.

Michael called and came out Friday, November 9 as scheduled. He did an excellent job. We will hire him again to install some faucets in our bathroom and do other repairs.

Description of Work
Remove & install Garbage disposer and kitchen faucet

Cost $82.5

Work Completed On 11/10/2018

11/14/2018

Heather Y.

I had an excellent experience with this company. Mike was very quick to respond and understood my situation being very limited on time for repair as the house was under contract to sell. He worked in my repair to his schedule the very next day. He was more than reasonable in his pricing and being out of state at the time it was nice to work with someone who I could trust to give access to the house and to be honest about repair costs. Very much highly recommend Mike for any of your handyman needs. It should be noted, Mike came very highly recommended to me and I’m so glad he was. Thanks again Mike!

Description of Work
Repair to two bathroom cabinets.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

11/10/2018

Bonnie J.

It went very well. Michael arrived on time and finished in the time he had estimated to me over the phone. He was friendly, professional and cleaned up at the end of the job. I was more than satisfied and will definitely be hiring him again.

Description of Work
Garage cabinets assembled and anchored

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

11/01/2018

Martha M.

Very please with quality of work...as an example...took time to find the correct bracket for the Lazy Susan...as it was a 19 year old bracket and not easily found at your standard stores...was able to locate in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Fix Lazy Susan door and assemble a desk (extremely difficult--many parts)

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

10/13/2018

Eve C.

Extremely well. Told me hourly cost and possible additional cost if new parts needed. Lickily no additional cost so paid only for labor.

Description of Work
Fix drip on outdoor faucet

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

10/08/2018

Christy F.

I had a great experience with Michael. He was on time, professional & pleasant. He quickly did a great job installing my new light & had time to troubleshoot a ceiling fan light fixture that didn’t work. I appreciate the job Michael did & will call him again.

Description of Work
Kitchen ceiling light installation

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

09/01/2018

Robert L.

Excellent work used him several times

Description of Work
misc home improvements

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

06/25/2018

John C.

3 Shimy's was outstanding! Michael and his son did an outstanding job! Very polite, honest and reasonably priced. Thank you so much! I highly recommended 3 Shimy's!

Description of Work
Touch up paint and fixed electrical outlet.

Category electrician, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

05/16/2018

Sylvie B.

I contacted 3 Shimy's Home Maintenance & Repair because I had several small works of repairs and installation to do very quickly, following the move-out of our tenants. Michael has returned my call promptly, and he was able to squeeze into his schedule quickly to help me. The next day he was at the house to do the work. Also, I needed someone to clean the house throughout very quickly. I asked Michael if he could recommend someone. Michael has contacted a lady with whom he often works and does an excellent job; she changed her work schedule to accommodate because Michael asked her. She arrived at the same time that Michael with all its equipment and its products, ready to do the work! That was awesome! Thank you Michael for your initiative and being pro-active. Michael has installed blinds, re-screen patio screen door, repaired garage entry door, installed dead bolt on garage door, clean out drain and install aerator on all faucets, removed microwave and haul. He did the work in an extremely efficient manner. Michael went pick-up the over the range microwave and the dishwasher at the store and installed them and haul off the dishwasher. Excellent work and cleanup perfect. I asked Michael to provide me with invoices and he has sent them the next day. Being myself a certified General Contractor in industrial, commercial and residential since 26 years, in Québec, Canada, I can assess very quickly the skills of a subcontractor. I asked Michael an estimate to install a Bathroom Vanity Top of 104 inches with 2 bowls, and I received the estimate the next day. He will install when the order will be ship at store. Michael is personable, knowledgeable in many trades, very professional, efficient and concerned about details, work clean and it cleans up once the work is completed. The service provided was high-quality, with excellent time-on-task. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Repair and installation work.

Category screen repair

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

04/22/2018

Louis P.

Excellent. Michael was fast, professional, and did excellent work. I recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Michael did several repairs to get our home ready to sell. Drywall repair, door problem, stucco repair.

Category drywall, stucco

Work Completed On 10/21/2017

04/16/2018

BARRY W.

Michael is our go to person for the vast majority of our home repair needs. His very wide knowledge and experience are of inestimable worth. On this occasion, he responded very quickly to our need for repair of a heavy glass shower door that came off track. He knew exactly what to do and did the work. He was also willing to refer us to a company that does shower door installations if we want to change to a newer, more reliable design/product.

Description of Work
Repair Shower Door Track

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

03/19/2018

Desiree S.

So I got a new microwave and new stove that could not be installed by Sears outlet delivery so I had to hire someone. I did some research a while back on this company and I had it on my corkboard. I looking the company up again to see if they were still around based on the ratings that people gave. I called and left a message and Michael called me back. We were able to set a Saturday appt and the work was done as agreed. Old microwave removed and new installed working great. New stove balanced and power cable put on working great.

Description of Work
Take down an old microwave and install a new one and add a plug to my new stove