THE HANDYMAN NEXT DOOR

Founded 1988 • With Angi since January 2008

6801 E LARKSPUR DR

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Phone 602-796-5320 Since 1988, our family has been taking care of the things that you never seem to have time to do. If you have that list that keeps getting longer, one call will take care of it. Our services are provided on an hourly basis, so you can hire us for two hours, or all day. Call today to schedule service. ROC#078292, Bonded and Insured. Phone 602-796-5320...

10/21/2020

Salena B.

Excellent! Fast, professional, knowledgeable, high quality work!

Description of Work
Assembly, repairs

Category appliance repair, handyman service, woodworking, doors

06/01/2020

marc W.

It went very good. Bill was on time and got the job done in the time I was told it would take. Am considering using him again. Very friendly person to have on jobs like that.

Description of Work
Needed to have a 8' counter top cut in half and installed as 2 shelves.

Category appliance repair, handyman service

02/18/2020

David M.

No issues and took much less time than expected. Only downside was the two hour minimum labor charge.

Description of Work
Replaced garbage disposal

01/03/2020

Lorena R.

The old countertop was already removed he made one cut (one on the edge and the sink) added two strips (which he did not plain) on the end of the counter. He dropped in the faucet (already assembled) and reconnected the existing plumbing and caulked the sink. He did not caulk the back of the countertops and the countertop was not leveled. He left in the middle of the job and returned almost 3 hours later. I was charged over $600.00 (approx) for what should have been 2 hours of work. I paid the company after talking to the office and I hired someone else to finish and redo the job; another $200.00. I showed the other repairman pictures of the kitchen without countertops and asked how long to complete this work his reply "2.0-2.5 hours tops". I had used this company off and on for 7 years. I will not use them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen countertops install

Category handyman service

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. If you will call me I will issue you a refund.

12/14/2019

Warren S.

Bill did an excellent job. Very personable and for a good price.

Description of Work
New sink faucet installed.

Category handyman service, plumbing

11/27/2019

William W.

Kerry was very responsive and got me an appointment right away. The technician was thorough and nice and did a great job.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal replaced

07/18/2019

Dan L.

The repair was more complicated and required the door to be removed, shaved and reinstalled. The repair went well and the door and seal work great. I've used this business several times to provide handyman work around my home and found the employees to be very professional and provide high quality work. I would not hesitate to recommend the Handyman Next Door to my friends or family.

Description of Work
Repaired weather strip for 10 foot front door

Category handyman service, doors

07/13/2019

Roswell M.

These guys are pros -- reliable and effective. Unfortunately, we hired a handyman who'd been involved in our home renovations to restore some doors that suffered water damage. He was a complete fail. Didn't show up when he said he would. It was all about his schedule not ours. But if his work was even OK... we'd deal. But his work was awful and we fired him... only after he waited until I left home so he could demand a ridiculous payment from my wife for a half-finished job. Enter Handyman Next Door. They cleaned up the mess and fixed the doors, on time, quickly and with outstanding work.

Description of Work
Fixed deteriorated doors

07/09/2019

Susan L.

Fantastic! This is the second time I’ve used The Handyman Next Door and I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a ceiling fan. Replaced electrical switch. Installed a headboard. Miscellaneous repairs.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

03/25/2019

Ellen S.

Bill arrived exactly on time and quickly assessed the items we needed to have fixed. Interior french door was adjusted (needed to fix the door jamb, adjust door to close properly. Installed a new vent fan in one bathroom and replaced light switches in garage. Quality work and would request Bill when in need of any additional handyman services. Cost noted included parts and 2 hours of service.

Description of Work
Vent fan, wall switches, french door adjusted

Category electrician, handyman service, doors

12/06/2018

Dan L.

Jason was assigned to take care of our household project list. He did excellent work and was very professional, punctual and efficient. I would highly recommend The Handyman Next Door to my friends and family. We've used them a few times now and the service was consistently outstanding.

Description of Work
Installed outdoor coach lights, hung pictures, installed water filtration system, assembled patio heaters, decorative tree lights, door repair/alignment and more.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the great review. We sincerely appreciate your business. Kerry

11/21/2018

Vladimi C.

Very good, professional, worked fast but Good.

Description of Work
Hanging some shelves on dry wall

11/21/2018

Susan W.

As expected, no concerns and and advertised.

Description of Work
installation of ceiling fans outside

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

10/12/2018

Jim H.

This is the second time we used this service. We were very impressed with them and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Repair faucet and install doorknob and lock

10/03/2018

Chris R.

Very well. Dolan was quick, professional and competent. Kerry was great to work with. An excellent experience overall.

Description of Work
Bathroom vanity removed and then re-installed

Category handyman service, woodworking

09/10/2018

pete D.

Excellent. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Microwave installation and some electrical repairs

08/13/2018

Penelope L.

Great! Bathroom door put up beautifully. Then two cabinet doors in kitchen installed.. Good looking work and pleasant and neat handyman.

Description of Work
doors hung

07/23/2018

Maureen M.

Very well. Professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
drywall and misc. repair

07/09/2018

Lon V.

They came early (verified ahead of time) and did all the work requested in brutal heat. I'd definitely recommend them or use them again.

Description of Work
Repair and paint freeze board on trim of house

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

06/25/2018

Liz I.

He did a great job. He was professional and thorough

Description of Work
Install fans and fix cabinet shelves

06/03/2018

EILEEN M.

Excellent. After calling a couple of plumbers and getting huge quotes for the above services, I contacted the Handyman Next Door. They were prompt, brought their own supply lines and drains, and completed the work in less than 3 hours for a fraction of the plumber's quote.

Description of Work
Installed 3 faucets, garbage disposal, and replaced two shut off valves. Hooked up dishwasher.

Category handyman service, plumbing

05/29/2018

linda M.

Jason did an excellent job, will definitely rehire. He was on time, worked quickly & efficiently.

Description of Work
kitchen & bathroom faucets installed

03/22/2018

Bonnie J.

I purchased a coupon for 8 hours of work. The work was scheduled quickly and Jason arrived promptly. Jason was able to complete the long list of items needing repair. These items were completed professionally and in a quality manner. I would recommend Jason and this business to others.

Description of Work
Variety of items, paint, wall repairs, re-caulk shower, door trip installation, etc.

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

03/05/2018

Charles J.

Dolan did a FANTASTIC job on a variety of different repairs. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Various patch and paint, drywall repair, and a repair to wooden siding

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

02/20/2018

Jean K.

Bob took care of everything to my satisfaction with the timeframe. He was pleasant to work with and arriving on time. Definitely will work with the company again.

Description of Work
Front door weather stripping, leaking faucet, and kitchen light

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, doors