Swenson Electric

Founded 1979 • With Angi since August 2005

8440 E Cholla St

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Swenson Electric specializes in commercial and residential work all over the Valley and beyond. We are proud to have served thousands of satisfied customers since Guy Swenson, a Phoenix native, started the business in 1979. Whether it's an electrical service upgrade, ceiling fan, room addition, kitchen remodel, electrical swimming pool circuit etc. you will receive top notch service at a very competitive price. 5 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR TRENCHING. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT. LICENSE#'S 508660-11, 0707596-11 Please call to schedule. ...

08/30/2018

Sharon L.

Great. Appreciated his patience and deligence since he had to deal with Home Depot and defective products. But, he made the old fixture work and I'm quite happy.

Description of Work
Repaired an outside light fixture.

Category electrician

Great, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again.

08/14/2018

Jenna K.

Professional, prompt, provided an understandable explanation of the problem.

Description of Work
Broken outlet

Category electrician

Glad to help out, thanks again Guy

08/12/2018

Celeste P.

Casey performed the job. He is very professional and works quicky and still does a top quality job. He is a pleasure to work with. I have used Swensen 4 times in the past couple of years and would reccomend them 100% to anyone needing electrical work done!

Description of Work
Install new track lights in ceiling of 2 rooms. Replace several ceiling fans.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thanks for the nice review, glad to help out. Guy and Casey

08/09/2018

Jamie A.

All fixed in timely manner....so glad that I used Swenson's. Recommended to my friends.

Description of Work
Electric outlet smoking; replaced. Wireless dimmer for kitchen installed as well as new outlet added to garage. Highly recommend Swenson's

Thanks for Using Swenson Electric, call anytime. Guy

06/25/2018

Barbara M.

There was a short in the switch so disposal would not turn on.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal not working

Thanks, Guy and Casey

03/24/2018

Dennis L.

Very good. some minor additional work was also done on the ceiling fan at no added cost. I would definitely recommend them to others

Description of Work
Electrical box needed a plug in added to it and relocation irrigation panel. Recessed light cans in kitchen replaced and lights upgraded

03/07/2018

Henry G.

Perfect. Way more than I expected. Extremely pleased.

Description of Work
Casey did a hanging garage light and a wall switch and a microwave/ breaker analysis + replacement

Category lighting

02/21/2018

Lynn G.

We have used Swenson's Electric on numerous projects over the past four year period - from kitchen remodel jobs, to replacing outdoor light fixtures, to replacing broken outlets, to moving and/or upgrading light switches. They do consistently excellent work. We have had three different employees perform the work at various times (sometimes as individuals and sometimes in pairs), and they are always polite, professional, knowledgeable, and completely trustworthy. I'm sure their prices are not the cheapest out there, but their charges are fair for the excellent and reliable service they provide.

Description of Work
Multiple major and minor electrical projects over the past four years

Thanks, you guys are great too! Guy and Casey

01/24/2018

S C.

He spent about 15 minutes on the phone with me and walked me through a couple of things I could try before paying him to come out and the second thing worked. I was ready to pay for him to come out, but he helped me for free. I would use them again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Broken electrical outlet

I'm glad that worked, Call anytime. Guy

12/28/2017

Alessandra R.

Professional, on time, polite, responsive. Excellent work. Would certainly hire again.

Description of Work
Run 220V 20amp circuit, add multiple 110V 20amp outlets

12/27/2017

Joe T.

Got everything taken care of within a day of me contacting him.

Description of Work
random electrical work.

Category electrician

Thanks so much for your review, and call anytime. Guy and Casey

12/26/2017

Joe R.

Casey came 2 hours after I called, was very courteous, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it within a reasonable amount of time. I would definitely call the company again.

Description of Work
Diagnose a switch/light problem7

Category electrician

Thanks for using Angie's List , and for the review. Glad to help , Guy and Casey

12/26/2017

RICHARD T.

Casey is a delight...he's bright, sensible, and very knowledgable about many things beyond pure electrical matters. We had a quality issue with one of the ceiling LED lights he installed and he took care of it without any questions asked. We highly recommend them to anyone needing their particular expertise.

Description of Work
We've asked Guy & Casey Swenson to tackle several projects, including installation of new ceiling lights, relocating electrical outlets, and dealing with a tricky counter-top lighting issue....and in each case, Casey, (and Guy when he was here for one project) handled the tasks with professionalism, and efficiency.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thanks for the nice review, it is a pleasure to work for you too.

10/28/2017

James B.

Great! Prompt, professional and very competent!

Description of Work
Electric fan install and outdoor light repair

Thanks , call anytime.

10/26/2017

Frank C.

Guy was punctual and fair. His work is impeccable and I’d wholeheartedly recommend him for any electrical work.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel with new electrical runs, relocating outlets, and installation of lighting.

Category electrician

Thanks for the great review,call anytime

10/26/2017

MELANIE C.

I really wanted it done the same day. Guy Swenson was able to arrange to come over almost an hour after my call. We were very pleased with his work. Thank you!!

Description of Work
We had to have a ceiling fan installed and some wiring on a switch controlling it.

Thanks for using Angie's List, and thanks for the review. Guy and Casey

10/23/2017

Joshua S.

Casey did an excellent job and recommended great solutions to all the issues. This is my 3rd time using Swenson Electric and I will use them again for any electrical needs, big or small.

Description of Work
remodeling a bathroom. Needed new lighting housing, electrical re-routed, and plugs moved. Also had a motion sensor camera installed outside.

Category electrician

Thanks for using Angie's List and thanks for the nice review.

10/22/2017

Carlos A.

Casey came out when stated and conducted himself in a very professional manner. I have used this company before because I can always count on quality work being performed. A note about the price - I think it's a little high considering I used to be able to do these projects myself and now can no longer do so because of illness. Ultimately, I will continue to use Swenson since I can always count on them.

Description of Work
I needed a GFI outlet installed in my bathroom.

Category electrician

Thanks for taking the time to do a review, and thanks for calling.

10/21/2017

Douglas S.

Excellent service! Honest, Dependable. A pro's pro!

Description of Work
Installed new smoke detectors throughout home. Checked and advised status of electric outlet.

THANK YOU ! Guy and Casey

10/20/2017

Gerald and Toni M.

Excellent customer service; great repair work and explanations.

Description of Work
Had several more small home electrical issues to repair ; had used Swenson's recently for a fan installation at daughter's home and was happy with service so hired company for more work.

Category electrician

Thanks for using Angie's List and thanks for calling us, and thanks for the review.

10/15/2017

Keith O.

I sent my request, got a reply asking for additional information. Sent them the information and never heard from them again. Not even to say they couldn't do the job or weren't interested. I guess they must be so busy they didn't need or care about my job.

Description of Work
30 amp outlet installation

Category electrician

Sorry About the mix up , for some reason we did not receive information needed to bid or do the work . If you Have not completed the work let us know.

10/12/2017

Gerald and Toni M.

Professional and personable; cleaned up after work done

Description of Work
remove ceiling fan and install new one

Category ceiling fans

Thanks again

10/04/2017

sharon K.

Mr Swenson, answered call on first try, scheduled same week.

Description of Work
We asked for help in changing several light fixtures.

Category electrician, lighting

Thanks for taking time to do a review, call anytime.

08/09/2017

Stan K.

Did a good job. And helped with some other projects.

Description of Work
Installed dimmer switches.

Category electrician

Thank for the kind review !

07/18/2017

Nancy H.

Well done. The new light has smaller tubes, is more efficient and provides better light.

Description of Work
Repair the ballast on a fluorescent light.

Thanks for using Angie's List, Guy