Sal's Services

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2004

PO Box 15024

Scottsdale, AZ 85267

Not a licensed contractor- Exempt from licensing requirement according to Handyman Exception (ARS §32-1121.A.14)...

07/02/2014

Donna K.

I just like him very much. He was very friendly and he did everything right. He went out and got something for my hummingbird feeder that would make it look more attractive to hang. He bought an accessory for it and advised me how to hand it and what he thought so that was nice, very creative for him.

Description of Work
He hung a hummingbird feeder for me and he moped up some detergent that had spilled in my laundry room floor. He changed the air filters and he did a few other things.

05/05/2014

Shelly S.

It went fine. He works quickly and professionally. He is reasonable.

Description of Work
He plastered and painted our walls, he cemented stones, and he put in a cedar closet previously and did finishing work on that.

05/01/2014

ruth A.

The appointment was at 5.30. He never showed up nor did he call. When my husband texted him almost an hour later, he responded by asking who this was and said that he was working a long day and was not yet done. Then he claimed that we never sent him the contact information so he assumed that we were not interested. That text definitely went through. Subsequent and many communications were very unprofessional, including reference to Angie's List members "are not perfect". We stopped responding after a barrage of texts. His last message was "No problem there r flake members" followed quickly by " Ok will have last word". Sounds like a threat to me. Utterly disgraceful behavior.

Description of Work
He suggested the day and time of an appointment to go over our list of jobs to be done around the house. He was working not 10 minutes away from the house which was very convenient for him.

05/01/2014

Brooke H.

I am very glad I called Sal's Handyman Services. He was courteous,knowledgeable, and efficient. My husband and I were very pleased with the high quality of his work. His price was very reasonable and he was trustworthy in that he completed all tasks that he promised he would.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair on front porch, installed shower door, repaired shower tile, touch up painting on bathroom floor boards, and replaced grout in shower.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

04/25/2014

dave C.

I found him on Angie's List. The price was good. He was very personable, just followed up and showed up on time. He did all the little things that he was supposed to do. He was good. I would use him again for sure.

Description of Work
I used Sal's Services to do some electrical work and some basic handyman stuff around the house.

03/10/2014

Peggy M.

looks good. Work was satisfactory . A couple of the pieces of the wood used were bowed, but other than that we were satisfied

Description of Work
built a pergola

Category handyman service, woodworking

02/25/2014

Gerald B.

Sal advertised in the monthly newsletter sent by Angie's List. I called him on two different days and left a detailed message. He never called me back.

Description of Work
Nothing. Totally unresponsive

Category handyman service

I'm sorry I didn't return call but don't seem to remember in getting member call. I feel that because there was no call back that an F review is totally unfair. As a paying vendor we don't have the right to right about F rated members to give other vendors a heads up about certain members. F review for no call back is totally unfair to a vendor that has done a good job.

02/08/2014

Jack R.

Sal is amazing. If you have a fix-it problem & are not sure of the best solution, just leave it to Sal. He'll get it done better than you would have imagined for less than what you thought and faster than you would believe.

11/06/2013

Carroll F.

Sal arrived on time and made good suggestions about what we wanted. His workmanship was excellent. It far exceeded our expectations. No question that in the future, we would definitely request and recommend Sal before anyone else.

Description of Work
Took down 3 hanging kitchen cabinets to open up to the Family Room. Using 2 of them, he built a bar cabinet on wall in kitchen to match up with other cabinets and breakfast bar. Made a butcher block top for lower cabinet on bar. Also fixed security door frame so door closes correctly.

Category handyman service, woodworking

11/06/2013

Laurie M.

I called and was told the person I was speaking to had "his hands full" and that he couldn't write down my contact information. I was asked to call back and leave a message with that information. I never received a call back. Approximately one week later I left another message and still did not receive any response. Very disappointed - totally non responsive.

Description of Work
nothing

10/14/2013

Edith L.

. He did an excellent job and was very quick.

Description of Work
Sal put an AC vent to the outside of my condo

08/22/2013

Al P.

I asked Sal to take care of a few minor issues for a tenant of mine in Central Phoenix, he visited her apartment and solved a few problems, and then told me he needed to return to finish the job another day. That was fine with me. However, when a few days went by, then a week and I didn't hear from him, I called him to see when he'd finish the job. He told me that the location was too far and he couldn't do it any longer. He could have told me that before he even started the job to begin with. I also referred a neighbor of mine to him, who lives less than 10 minutes away from him, and he never finished his job either. Sorry Sal - you seem like a nice guy, but if you can't complete work and stay true to your word, you won't earn my business.

Description of Work
Light plumbing, lock repair, drywall work.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, doors

08/07/2013

Jeff J.

Sal was quick to respond, provided a quote and scheduled the job. He showed up on time and completed the work to our complete satisfaction!

Description of Work
Sal replaced an entry door on our house

Category handyman service, doors

08/01/2013

John D.

The prices were much more reasonable than other places. I had to put an access point for my attic and he did like three or four pins for me and it was cheaper than one of the quotes. He was having a lot of difficulty as his car broke down and it was hard to get him to my place but I don’t think it was his fault.

Description of Work
I used Sal’s Services for handymen services. He did some things around my house that needed to be fixed.

07/22/2013

Elizabeth N.

He was excellent. I want to use him again for other things. Everything was excellent. He was quick and fast. He did a very good job and he was better than another handyman that I've used. He was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I used Sal's Services for handyman services. He came back and did my pet door.

06/21/2013

Chris M.

He was booked up for quite a long ways and we explained our situation. He was able to get in there and he bent over backwards to flip his schedule around to be able to come in and help us out. He lived down the street. We would use him again for sure and we would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
We used Sal's Services for a number of handyman services and little odd jobs to spruce up our house before we sold it. He did caulking in the shower and the outside area. He did some wall patching and a little bit of painting. He also helped with our kitchen sink because we had just put in a new faucet and we had some leaking problems. He helped us get it all set up.

Category handyman service, plastering, plumbing, interior painters

06/18/2013

Fred D.

He did a fabulous job. He was fast, neat, and courteous. He went to the store with me and picked out the right tile. He finished the job in a day and a half. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
He did the tile work in the bathroom after a sub contractor didn't do it right the first time.

Category ceramic tile

06/04/2013

Sree A.

My backyard backs to a preserve and mountain so I have view fence. I saw a small snake napping on my view fence last Friday. I called my regular handyman company but they were busy so I looked at Angies List for reliable handyman. I contacted Sal because he had good reviews. Sal came to look at the view fence the very next day and gave me an estimate within 2 hrs. His quote was very reasonable. I hired Sal to screen view fence. I couldn't?t be happier!. He is very efficient, ethical, organized, reliable and trustworthy individual. He also replaced door bell and installed programmable switches for exterior lights. I am very happy with the quality of his work and his professionalism. I am so glad that I found such a great professional on Angies List

Description of Work
Screen the view fence and installed door bell & programmable switches for exterior lights

06/04/2013

Jennifer G.

Sal came over to our house and we showed him the things we needed done. He said he would email us a quote. We never heard from him again. Apparently the things we wanted done were not enough of a job for him to consider. after waiting for a week to hear from him we decided to find someone else. Sal never contacted us to even say he wouldn't be able to do the job.

Description of Work
Sal did nothing.

Category handyman service

I am sorry for not getting back to (member name removed). I cant seem to find any thing on (member name removed) as far as paperwork. I'm in the business to give good customer service. I apologize for not getting back to her. I am pretty good at returning emails and estimates. this should not have happened and I am sorry about it.

05/29/2013

Andrea E.

Sal was terrific. He works quickly, quietly, accurately, and cleans up perfectly. It was a pleasure to have him here and we will definitely use him again. A consumate professional. Thank you, Sal.

Description of Work
Installed wall type dog door and installed overhead light with wall switch into existing pantry.

04/24/2013

George B.

Sal showed up exactly on time at 9PM, then he proceeded to mark the spots he needed to cut out. He took out thepart of wall where the dood was to be installed. He then put the door in place and provided molding around the door . Finally he cleaned up and left. All in about 3 to 4 hours.

Description of Work
Sal cut out an opening in an outside wall, then installed a door with lock! It came out perfectly. Then Sal cleaned up the area and took away all the debris as well.

Category doors

04/11/2013

Jackie W.

Sal is wonderful, trustful, respectful and talented. He will be my go-to professional from now on. Thanks Sal

Description of Work
Preformed a variety of services - I believe he can probably take care of any maintenance or repair issues.

03/29/2013

George A.

arrived on time, worked diligently, fine quality, cleaned thoroughly when done.

Description of Work
replaced /repaired baseboard..

03/28/2013

Jeremy H.

I just moved into my house from out of town and had a list of tasks that I needed to get taken care of. Sal came over and we went through the list and he gave me a fair estimate (fyi- the final billing matched the estimate). He was responsive and detailed out the order in which he would perform the tasks. He did an awesome job building additional storage in my master closet to match the existing in place storage. He also patched various spots in my drywall and exterior stucco, and painted to match existing areas. He also replaced various ceiling and wall light fixtures as well as a ceiling fan. Some of these tasks were messy & dusty and Sal completely cleaned up the mess, I couldn't even tell he was there - other than the joy of having many of these tasks done well and off my list! It was nice finding someone that I can trust with all the tasks required around the house (I am very particular). Sal was completely trustworthy and performed all the work while I was gone at work (dog and cat in the house) locked up and informed me when the work was complete. Will be calling Sal in another month or two to tackle more items on my list.

Description of Work
*Ceiling fan replacement *Light fixture replacement *Build shelves in master closet to match existing shelving *Patch stucco/drywall *Re-caulking

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans, stucco

03/15/2013

Richard M.

Sal was one of three estimates I received. One was very high and Sal and the other one were very close, and I chose Sal based on reviews of his work. My experience was the same as other customers, Sal was very professional, very thorough and did great work. I now have a few more future projects and I look forward to working with Sal again.

Description of Work
Sal removed a half wall between my kitchen and family room, moved the two outlets from the removed wall section to a new location, removed the partial tiles where the old wall had been, and replaced them with my extra tiles, and removed and replace five additional cracked tiles.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service