MTR Builders Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2010

28316 N 92nd Place

Scottsdale, AZ 85262

New Building Com.and Res. and TI....

08/11/2020

Karen P.

Mansoor Rowhani, owner of MTR Builders, managed our home remodel to perfection. He brought in skilled craftsmen to expertly lay tile, build cabinets, and generally update our 10+ year old North Scottsdale home. The work was completed on time and priced fairly. We highly recommend MTR Builders.

Description of Work
Residential Remodel

Category remodeling, architect

08/06/2020

Jim S.

MTR Builders (Mansoor Rowhani) did a great job for us. All work was done professionally and to our complete satisfaction. All three key projects (kitchen, pool and patio) were finished ahead of time and look great. We would not hesitate to hire Mansoor again, or recommend him to anyone that has a project they are considering. Fair pricing, but great value. We are very satisfied customers. Jim & Sue Swantko

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen, pool and patio

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, excavators, pool cleaners, woodworking, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, hardscaping

06/08/2020

Julia F.

Mansoor did a fabulous job, everything was done in a timely manor and very clean, we highly recommend him.

Description of Work
painting, flooring, and replacing pool tiles, and adding outdoor tv

Category hardwood floor, pool cleaners, architect, interior painters

02/12/2020

Fred C.

It was excellent and they did a very good job.

Description of Work
They did some minor construction work in my project.

Category home builders

04/24/2018

Sherry L.

Mansoor is reliable, professional and wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
remodeled our condo. Installed new floors, remodeled kitchen, bathrooms and living room. I attached before and after pictures of the kitchen and living room. Everything came out gorgeous.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, plumbing, fireplaces, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

09/07/2017

Kaye A.

Mansoor Rowhani the President of the company went above and beyond to help me save my original Corian countertops without cracking or damaging them. He then replaced my Corian tops with Granite countertops! The work only took about 2 days from start of install to the end where Mansoor himself did the fine touch ups paying special attention to detail. On top of installing Granite Countertops he installed a Triple Osmosis System, Instant hot water tap and fine tuned some other issues in my home. Great work ethic, exceptional pricing, friendly, courteous and an all around pleasant experience. Definitely would hire MTR Builders and Mansoor Rowhani again as well as recommend his services and company to others!!! Thanks MTR Builders for a job well done!

Description of Work
Countertops replaced from Corian to Granite

Category countertops, electrician, home remodeling, interior painters

04/26/2017

Ron G.

I can't say enough about how professional and intelligent Mansoor is! He is the only contractor that made sure his workers did the job right instead of taking short cuts. Of course, he hires only the best workers, He went up and beyond his duties as a contractor. He is also a very personable man that made sure that the work performed exceeded our expectations. He brought a whole new meaning to the "Wow" factor. All the work was performed in a very timely manner. Like I said, I cannot praise Mansoor Rohani enough! Our back yard is beautiful and we are so proud to show it off! We have more projects to do in the near future and we are definitely hiring Mansoor of MTR Builders Inc. to fulfill our dreams! Thank You!!!

Description of Work
My wife and I hired Mansoor of MTR Builders Inc. to tear down and replace our back patio which tied into the structure of our roof. We also wanted recessed lighting and two ceiling fans installed. In addition, we had our existing concrete (cool deck) patio and surrounding floor replaced with travertine pavers. Plus, a block wall around our pool filter.

Category electrician, landscaping, masonry, roofing, woodworking, ceiling fans, architect, house painters, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

10/08/2016

Lisa B.

Mansoor is exceptionally professional, courteous, thorough and focused. He worked diligently to ensure the project progressed smoothly through all phases of construction from initial site preparation right through final inspection and issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy. He went above and beyond the contractual requirements to include assisting with obtaining permits as well as helping to find materials supplied by the project owner at the best price possible. He expertly guided the project start to finish within the specified and agreed upon time frame. He not only was aware of the big picture total scope of the project but also highlighted the smallest minute details that most contractors would bypass. He was aware that the church was working with a limited budget and was quick to recommend measures that could be taken to help control costs. He communicated during every step of the project and exceeded all expectations. Working with him was a wonderful experience and he is highly recommended to anyone. Mansoor gets another well deserved “A” for a job well done.

Description of Work
My husband, Jim Buzzard, worked as the project representative for St Apkar Armenian Church with Mansoor Rowhani of MTR Builders during the renovation/reconstruction of a residential structure into a senior residence/group home. We have used Mr. Rowhani’s services in the past for a small remodeling project in our home but this project was much larger in scope. MTR Builders was one of eight contractors that bid on this project. Mr. Rowhani/MTR Builders was selected by the building committee to accomplish the project. The project expanded the basic structure by adding nearly 1,800 square feet resulting in a total of 5,400 square feet for the facility. This project included construction of 11 bathrooms, 10 residential suites, full kitchen, two laundry rooms and several common areas that meet ADA standards.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, excavators, picture framing, insulation, plumbing, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, drain pipe, architect, stucco, house painters, interior painters, patios

02/06/2016

Michael S.

Very well! The work was done in half of a day. Mansoor refused payment until I was completely satisfied with the work. He brought his crew out again when he noticed a issue with part of the job. We were very satisfied with the result. He told us that if there was anything else later that we noticed which was a problem, to let him know and he would take care of the problem. This is the second job that he has done for us, both of which went very well. I recommend MTR for any general contracting.

Description of Work
stripped, sanded and refinished my front double doors, arched door into the garage, and 3 garage doors

12/15/2015

sandra S.

I didn't have them do any work. They were above average. The estimate was between $7,000 and $10,000. The serviceman was good. He was prompt and he followed up. He was courteous.

Description of Work
I got a quote from them to take out a wet bar and a cabinet between my kitchen and living room. It involved cabinetry, countertop, moving a heating duct and some electrical work.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician

10/07/2015

Ruth A.

We had an awesome experience with MTR Builders. We decided to put the project on hold after they let us know it wasn't a dangerous situation. We plan to replace all of the pool tiles in the future and will use MTR Builders for other projects as well.

Description of Work
I have an inground pool with a negative edge and the slate tiles on the outside of the pool are coming off and the water was going behind them.

Category pool cleaners, hardscaping

07/23/2015

Fred C.

Start to finish a real great job! From bid process, to initial work, and on through follow up, MTR was there to make sure it was done the way I wanted, and to offer ways to save money. Coordination of contractors, and making sure all was done when expected, was outstanding. Not the first job with MTR Builders, and not the last!

Description of Work
Relandscape, new irrigation, and landscape lighting installations for front yard.

08/07/2014

Stephen P.

He had given us a design that just didn't work for what we really wanted to accomplish and so we had gone to couple of other places and actually the designer at Lowe's was able to come up with the design that actually provided more cabinet space and was able to situate all of the appliances where we wanted them. The design that he did did not accomplish that. He tended to be very combative about things in general when we tried to discuss what we wanted. He was very insistent on his way of looking at the way the design should be. It was not flexible. The designs that I obtained from both Home Depot and from Lowe's were free of charge that is reason why I believe that the answer to question of whether it was overpriced is yes I do because other parties do offer free courtesy designs and therefore paying $49 for a design just to get somebody in to give me a bid on the project looks like it was excessive.

Description of Work
I had gotten all the bids and I found their bid to be very high compared to the other bids that I did get. We got the design. We ultimately used a different design that we found to be better.

Category home remodeling

Mr. [member name removed], I read your review and was surprised by it. Our estimate is free of charge. No matter how many times we visit a client or how long it takes, it is a courtesy call that includes rendering absolutely free. That $49 Big Deal program that you paid, you did not pay me, you paid Angies' list. Based on my contract with Angies' list, I did not and will not receive any of that money. Home Depot, Lowes' and maybe some other remodeling companies have a fee in order to come to your home and give you an estimate. I went several times including 1 time with my crew, to your sons' home in Tempe, 35 miles away from my office. I came out with an estimate, not just for your kitchen but for the demolition of the storage area and other requested items. When we come to a home, we measure the space available and give ideas and designs by listening to the clients needs and based on what we see and the experience we have. We do not insist that this is what you must do but try to explain our ideas and why we think it would work best for you. We actually changed your design several times to give you different ideas and options. That alone will show you that I am indeed flexible and willing to change things to give my client what they are looking for. The cost of every work varies based on design and material used. If you compare our price with others based on our design and material then it would be a fair comparison. You can not judge on price when comparing different designs that might have other materials and warranties. We give a 2 year limited warranty based on the ROC for all the labor. I hope you are happy with the work that you had done by the other contractors. Good luck to you and your son. Mansoor Rowhani MTR Builders, Inc.

06/25/2014

Donna N.

The price is too high for me. It was a free estimate. They were great.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from them.

Category garage builders

06/07/2014

Robert H.

We recently remodeled our kitchen cabinetry and can highly recommend Monsoor Rowani at MTR Builders Inc. We had a unique request in that we wanted to retain our current exterior cabinetry and granite, not replace but rather update and "modernize" our drawers and shelves, along with installing to install new appliances. I called several people, and of all Monsoor was the most prompt, pleasant and professional. Monsoor did excellent work . He is a visionary and had many good design ideas. He has an astute sense of attention to every detail. He planned and executed the construction, all on a timely schedule as promised. He was able to rebuild and replace the interior all of our drawers and cabinets. All the drawers are now rebuilt with dove tail carpentry. They are all self closing. The cabinets all have new hardware, and we have new pull out cabinets and a sliding "garage door" appliance cabinet. We also installed new appliances. The new combination oven/microwave was larger than what existed, and Monsoor was able to rebuild the cabinetry to fit the microwave/oven, and expertly cut the granite in that area. He also rebuilt the drywall in that area. With all of this the matched the paint color on the wall and the cabinetry color. It is flawless. We were so happy with Monsoor's work that we then asked for his assistance in installing a screened in back porch. Again his work was timely, professional and very well done.

Description of Work
Updated kitchen and installed new appliances; designed and installed screened porch

Category custom cabinets, contractors, decks, drywall, garage doors, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

06/03/2014

sandra S.

Mansour was very punctual and professional. He had the training and expertise needed to design changes to my kitchen area. He had necessary contacts and even provided an estiamate for window replacement. Mansour had great follow-up . Unfortunately, I was not able to afford the renovation at the time.

Description of Work
He provided a draft and schematic for possible renovation to my kitchen/wetbar area.

05/08/2014

Myra R.

From start to finish, this was as satisfying and painless a renovation as possible. Mansoor worked with me every step of the way to insure that each detail was completed to perfection. He was onsite throughout the work, supervising his team of professionals. This was not a huge project, but it was complex, and I was comfortable throughout that nothing would "slip through the cracks". My recommendation of MTR Builders could not be stronger, for projects large and small.

Description of Work
Installed new wood floors in living room, new countertops, sink and refrigerator enclosure in kitchen, removed part of wall between kitchen and living room, installed new ceiling fan, built new cabinets and countertop, other details.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, sunrooms

02/18/2014

Chris F.

He came out and he was very nice. I expected a lot more than what he offered. The plans were for a kitchen. I was disappointed in the plan and I wanted a little bit more.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company for: $49 for custom kitchen or bath design with complete renderings.

Category home remodeling

[removed members name], On the day of our appointment, I measured your kitchen and wrote all the details and specifications that you had in mind. I even offered to bring in an engineer to check the kitchen for the possibility of moving walls to make the openings that you wanted. You declined that offer. I sent you a 3D rendering with a floor plan, to which you requested a quote. The value of our 3D renderings is much more than the $49 deal you got with Angie's list. They do require a lot of time and work.You did not ask for any changes to the rendering, but said that "It looked too expensive". If you wanted something different, you should have mentioned it. I do not understand the "C" rating you gave my company. I wish you had called me that we could have work something out. Ideas and designs can be changed but it all depends on a budget. Ultimately it is up to the client to decide how much he/she wants to spend. Thank you, Mansoor Rowhani MTR Builders, Inc.

01/06/2014

mike I.

prompt and professional, everything was thoutoughly explained - did not have work done as was more than I had budgeted

Description of Work
provided estimate for closet buildout and utility sheving in garage

12/12/2013

Ronald G.

We decided that we did not like the proposed design and felt he did not capture the feeling we wanted.

Description of Work
Made suggestions for a shower remodel and prepared a detailed diagram showing the changes and provided pricing

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/29/2013

Fred C.

Could not have been happier with project. MTR and their team did an excellent job, start to finish, and provided input to the project (by suggesting certain type of stone) that really added to my plans. I already have an additional project that I have started planning with MTR.

Description of Work
Installation of stone & marble on front of house.

Category remodeling, marble & granite

10/15/2013

Kathleen C.

It went very well. I did not end up using him, but would definitely recommend him. The only reason that I did not use them was because I am contemplating selling the house. I will definitely use him in the future. He was very professional and had best interest of the customer in mind.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for a custom kitchen or bath design.

10/15/2013

Lisa B.

The only word that comes to mind in describing MTR Builders is exceptional!!! The owner Mansoor Rowhani, is a true professional and through the course of our remodel was not only our consultant and contractor, but became someone we now call friend. After many years of doing home remodel projects ourselves, we decided that the scope of this project was to big for us to tackle. We envisioned an open concept layout, a custom kitchen, and a bathroom and guest bath remodel. Our vision involved knocking down walls, replacing over 1200 sq ft of flooring, adding additional storage and custom cabinetry. We contacted several contractors to provide an estimate. Each came and preformed a cursory assessment and took measurements, . But upon meeting with Mansoor, and explaining our vision, he not only understood our concept, but made some recommendations that enhanced our vision. We felt very comfortable with him and felt an instant trust. Prior to giving us a final estimate, Mansoor brought his sub-contractors in to accurately access the scope of work. In fact the final estimate rendered was detailed and inclusive. What he stated was what he delivered. The cost and timeline was spot on. He said project would take 6-8 weeks and we completed final inspection on day 4 of the 7th week. Throughout the entire process, he absolutely kept us informed about who was going to be in our home, when they would be here and what they would be doing. The final product is what we had envisioned due to his attention to detail. Overall this was a pleasurable experience. Everything from the custom cherry cabinets, granite countertops, wood flooring, bathroom tile, closet installation and contruction of a pocket door exceeded our epectations. We highly recommend MTR Builders.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel from floor to ceiling, including custom cabinetry, granite countertops, appliance intallation, and electrical upgrades. Installated carpeting and wood floors. Demolished walls in living room and bedroom. Tiled bathroom floor. Painted livining room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Built two new closets (one in bedroom and one in bathroom)

Category custom cabinets, carpet installation, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

07/16/2013

Karen R.

The guy who came was fine. He was very polite, and he gave us the estimate. He explained all of the things that they would do, and how long would they do all that. It's just that they were too expensive.

Description of Work
We had MTR Builders to come out and give us an estimate, but my son decided to do it himself. Their estimate was for floor tile replacement.

Category ceramic tile

[member name removed], I read your review and was surprised by it. I have not been at your home nor given you an estimate. I keep records of all the proposals I give out regardless of them being signed or not. I also keep email communications of all potential clients. Your name and address do not appear in any of my records. I am a general contractor and do not have employees but work with various trusted subcontractors. There is no one else that would give you an estimate from my company MTR Builders, Inc. I actually reside close to your home and would remember if I had gone there. Please check your records to verify the correct name of the company that gave you the estimate. There are a few companies out there that have similar acronyms (MTR, MR, MT, M&R), I believe you have made a mistake in naming the company. Thank you, Mansoor Rowhani MTR Builders, Inc. 480-415-2687

06/21/2013

Thomas B.

It was good. I just wanted to see what the general range of price would be to redo my bath and they quoted me $17500. The customer service was fine; it was above average. They did everything they said they would and they followed through. We haven’t had too much experience with this type of work so it is hard to judge them on price. The responsiveness and punctuality were very good. I think I would use them.

Description of Work
I received a quote from MTR Builders Inc for a master bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling