Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co

Founded 1945 • With Angi since November 2009

4.1

2529 N Hayden Rd

Scottsdale, AZ 85257

We are a 3rd generation, locally owned company specializing in helping you create the garden of your dreams. Whether that garden is a small “square foot” vegetable garden or a resort style back yard complete with outdoor kitchen, lighting, a water feature, and putting green or anything in between, the Harper boys do it all. We have over 100 years of combined experience in landscaping and gardening in the Valley. That knowledge coupled with the our staff’s inspiration will help you not only have the garden your neighbors will be “green” with envy about, but we can help you keep it that way. The Harper team can diagnose any problem in your garden and come up with various solutions or we can do it for you. Yes, we can even help maintain and manage your landscape. Additional phones - (480) 946-3481, 602 659-5994 Additional fax - (480) 994-3167. Additional e-mail - jerryharp@hotmail.com. Award winning. Additional address - 1830 E McKellips Rd, Mesa, AZ, 85257....

08/26/2015

Bethany R.

Initial contact was polite but my circumstances changed and I no longer needed the service

Description of Work
Was in contact with provider but did not use because I moved from that house unexpectedly.

04/15/2015

Brant F.

When first contacted, they were very responsive. After some time, however, when we were ready to execute on the job, they became completely unresponsive. I even attempted to contact them through their retail location and had no luck. In the end I decided to modify the plans a bit myself and chose to go with a different contractor for the actual work.

Description of Work
Met with myself and my wife several times to discuss our ideas and create plans for our yard. Provided estimates for services required to clean, rip out, and install landscaping in our back yard.

01/22/2015

Carol S A.

They did a nice job. They were very courteous and very efficient. They put together a good landscaping plan for us. The price was reasonable. The quality was very good. They were responsive when we had a slight problem. They were very punctual.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Harper's Nursery & Landscape Company. They did the total landscaping of the backyard.

05/17/2014

Chris T.

Patio, irrigation, plants, everything. Great company and great service.

Description of Work
Backyard remodel.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Thank you for the business and the feedback. We appreciate it!

05/02/2014

Jennifer D.

I had to have them come back and fix a few things. They weren't perfect the first time but at least they came back and fixed the things that they didn't do correctly.

Description of Work
I had a big deal for Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co. They redid my whole landscape.

05/02/2014

Michelle W.

Nice work - could have cleaned up better after work was done.

Description of Work
Landscape.

04/30/2014

Giovanna G.

They came a couple of times to make a plan. I never saw a design. They didn't have great follow up. The deal was a little expensive.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a Complete Landscape Design and Consultation.

04/09/2014

Carlos P.

Everything turned out well. The scheduling was easy, they arrived on time, and they did the work as specified. However, we ended up going with another company that had a better price.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for them to consult on a landscaping project and to provide designs.

02/21/2014

Jean Q.

A little bit of miscommunication at the start between head person, designer and myself but, once sorted out, everything was on track. I'm very picky about things and I needed to be very specific. Company was very responsive to all requests, changes, updates, etc. even though some of them were unexpected. Crew arrived on time daily, worked all hours, and departed without leaving a mess. Crew very easy to talk to. Head person and designer very, very knowledgable about all things landscape. Many years of experience led to some very clever solutions to landscape problems I had. Great guys to work with. They know their stuff, they are flexible, they do dependable work. I have worked with Harpers in the past, and have also worked with other companies, and hands down Harpers is the best. Guess that's why they've been in business as long as they have. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Provider revamped landscape. Removed old, overgrown plants and weeds, pulled out leaky irrigation system. Replaced all irrigation lines, cleaned up plants/trees and added new plantings. Installed river rock and granite in appropriate areas. Installed planter boxes to provide interest in landscape.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, leaf removal, tree service

02/21/2014

Karen C.

There were additional fees with the Big Deal because we followed through with the design work. Overall, it was okay. The quality was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a $99 Big Deal for a complete landscape design and consultation. We had them re-do the sprinkler system and replant some plants in the yard. They did the front and backyard.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

02/03/2014

Randi K.

I felt that the designer had his own agenda and vision and really did not listen to me. This is my own fault, as I felt this from the first meeting, but wanted to get the project accomplished by Christmas. I have since consulted with another landscape designer who is going to help me revise the courtyard design. I will say that paving, while there is not as much of it as I thought I had requested, is beautiful.

Description of Work
A very small courtyard design.

Category landscaping

We are sorry that you didn't seem to connect with the designer? we appreciate your feed back and it sounds like what work was done was satisfactory as you mentioned the pavers were beautiful? We would love to see if we couldn't reconnect with you under less pressing time constraints and complete the design to your satisfaction? Question- if other that the lack of connection with the designer the job was satisfactory- do we really deserve a "d"? we hope you would reconsider and i am available personally to help in the process-Jay Harper-602 499 2317

01/24/2014

Jim C.

The crew did not follow the landscape plan in several places. They placed trees too close to walls, the house or other trees. The irrigatiion lines weren't buried at the proper depth or location on the plan. The mounds in front were too high and didn't address the drainage problems and street flooding plan. The travertine walkway from the driveway to the house had pavers that were set unevenly and the section of tile by the entrance doors is set so low that rain water will create drainage issues right up by the house. The registrar of contractors is actively helping this company to delay the hearing so that it will be beyond the 2 year limitation mark. I believe this company will lose its license or have it suspended if we go to a hearing and that is why its being delayed.

Description of Work
This provider was to draft a landscape plan and implement it. It was to redo the landscape for drainage problems, plant trees and landscaping and put in a new irrigation system.

Category landscaping

We are certainly sorry this project did not turn out as [member name removed] had hoped. However what is not mentioned is that he denied us the opportunity to correct his issues and did not pay is in full for the committment he signed a contract for. We would be more than willing to complete the project to his satisfaction in consideration for the remaining ballance of over 3,000.00 Jay Harper

12/06/2013

robert B.

Purchased deal, took too long to respond.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co.

Category landscaping, greenhouses

11/30/2013

Ray P.

I received a message asking for my cell phone number within 24 hours after the purchase. It has been more than a month with NO contact from Harpers.

Description of Work
I used Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co.

Category landscaping, greenhouses

11/15/2013

Noreen H.

Front and back yard landscaping and new irrigation system. The men who did the job were hard workers, polite and acted like gentlemen. They did what they were instructed to do by their superiors. The job was done during extreme heat, July 1-3, 2013. Some of my own plants died because the irrigation valves were not set up properly. I couldn't figure out what was happening at first but the system was watering where there were no pots/plants yet and not watering the plants that I had already installed myself. Some things were not done as spelled out in my contract such as the 2 different sizes of decomposed granite that were supposed to be used. Mr Harper said there was no such size. Then why was it specified in my contract if there is no such thing? And if too much granite is ordered it will be used, not taken back and credited to your bill. I chose not to have Harper's replace the dead trees because I felt I could get better trees for the money I was paying and I just wanted to be done with the job. I specifically explained to the designer, Mr. Mike Hans, the problem I had with flooding in my back yard during extreme rainfall. I had a swale with river rock already in place but it was 26 years old and much dirt had filled in around the rock over the years. My yard flooded even worse than it had in the past when we had a torrential downpour in July. In my opinion if the original area had been retained, dug out and the rock replaced and less granite had been used by my cool decking the yard would have retained the water better until it was able to percolate down into the earth. I will be hiring someone else to correct and finish the job. Mr. Harper and I did not see the job through the same eyes so there was no reason to keep working with one another.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

09/30/2013

Elizabeth B.

It went really great. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I purchased 3 Big Deals with them landscape design on three different.

09/19/2013

John K.

Huge waste of time and money. Purchased a Landscaping Consultation and Design for $99 on Angie's List. I called them to make and appointment, and mentioned the $99 deal at this time. It took them 3 weeks to get back with me, and when I mentioned the $99 deal, they acted like they never heard of it. We scheduled a time, and I told them to figure out the deal before they came. The designer showed up, and I told them what I wanted to do, and they measured the yard. At this point they tell me it will be $150 to work it all up. I reminded them of the $99 deal I've told them about 3 times, and they said they would look into it (again). She told me that she only gets paid on commission, and she would have to talk to the owner about being compensated if I didn't give her the $150. She said she would figure it out, and took all the details and would get back to me with the completed plans in 2 weeks. It's been 6 weeks since I last heard from them. The whole point of me paying for a landscape design was to get a easy low sales pressure idea of what could be done. Every other company I spoke with afterwards came over and did a design for free, with NO hassles. You would think the commission on a $25k deal would be motivation enough. What a joke. The upside is I learned how poorly the company was ran BEFORE I gave them tens of thousands of dollars.

Description of Work
Landscaping design consultation

09/09/2013

Cheryl W.

After I called Harpers Miguel called me to set up appointment-- within 2 days. Provided yard design that was significantly over stated budget. Prepared another closer to stated budget and then made one final change to place gazebo further from garbage can area. Miguel is new to valley from Oregon but stil had a pretty good knowledge of plants appropriate for our zone. I did not use plan as I decided to sell my home and move elsewhere.

Description of Work
Provided a landscape design for my back yard,

Category landscaping, hardscaping

08/29/2013

Mindi C.

We called to get an appointment scheduled, we have called several times, they tell us they would call us back and no one ever calls.

Description of Work
We bought a big deal for some landscaping work.

08/25/2013

Cathryn P.

went ok...a nice (albeit basic) design and estimate was provided the estimate was at a high level - left a lot of wiggle room for the landscapers; I would have insisted the contract be rewritten with more specific detail if I hired them one miss - he didn't incorporate some features that I told him I wanted in the design; when I asked him about it, he just shrugged and said oh, yes, guess I forgot. I felt like he just wasn't listening. that was disappointing. It made me decide not to hire the company.

Description of Work
created a landscape design for my back yard

08/21/2013

Aric M.

It went well but they were too full to come out. The guy that came out to do the design, I likes the design but the only problem I had was that it was the busy season and it took over a month for them to come to me. So the timing was slow but it was worth the money.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal service from Harper's Nursery & Landscape Company to come and do a complete landscape design for me. They gave me a very detailed hand-drawing of my backyard as well as the measurements and they gave me the drawing, the plans and a quote for doing the work.

08/01/2013

Karen N.

They came out, they were very efficient. It was just we ended up having plant run up and they did a fine job. No criticism at all and we would use them again. They did a good job. He listened to what we had to say.

Description of Work
I used Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co big deal purchase in November of last year. They drew up a landscaping plant for our yard in front of the home.

07/22/2013

sandra S.

I was very pleased and the plan was very nice. The designer was very accomodating and very good at explaining everything.

Description of Work
Designed a landscape plan for my backyard.

06/28/2013

Phil C.

They were fine. Jerry Harper the owner has been somewhat decent. Their follow up has been terrible. They had good reviews on Angie’s List and I went for it. I will not use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Harper's Nursery & Landscape Company installed a full irrigation system and accent lighting.

Category irrigation systems, outdoor lighting

06/16/2013

Sharon P.

He did a good job. It had too many flowering plants for my taste but it was worth the experience.

Description of Work
Drew up plans on landscaping yard.

Artificial Grass Masters

Artificial Grass Masters Has plenty of artificial grass solutions. We have over 100 artificial grasses to choose from. We offer Artificial Grass, putting greens, pet turf, Our new artificial grass with stay cool technology, Performance blade grasses and so much more! Please contact us to find out more so we could help you find the best Artificial Grass Solutions.

Eco-Yard Landscaping LLC

Doing our part to conserve water. Maintenance free. Green All Year Artificial Grass, Gravel and Paver installation. We are licensed, bonded, and insured for peace of mind and HOA's. ROC336235. 1 year service/installation warranty.

Charles and Alex Painting

We are a family owned and operated 4th generation company, we take pride in our work. We offer free estimates and competitive pricing. We use only higher quality paints and prepping materials that I supply and when you get a price from us there's no hidden charges or fees. So call for a free quote I am sure we can make you happy with all your painting needs. We are set up to do complete repaints or partial we really don’t do small jobs such as one garage door.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Nursery & garden center. Landscape contractor. Design & installation of landscapes on new & existing homes. Sprinkler repair & installation. Landscape lighting. Landscape Maintenance weekly, monthly, quarterly

Lawn mowing & edging.