HANDYMAV PHOENIX REMODEL & REPAIR

PO BOX 13282

Scottsdale, AZ 85267

06/04/2008

GEORGE B.

They showed up on the scheduled date. The original job was just to remove the old tile and drywall, install new water resistant drywall and the prefab unit. He suggested installing a new valve since he had the wall apart. While he was at it he raised the shower head a few inches. Rather than tile around the window he cut spare pieces to fit from the prefab unit. This turned out super. These suggestions were appreciated. He did a conscientious job. I am very happy with it.

Description of Work
Water damage problem caused by grout worn away around shower tiles. Had the tiling removed and replaced with a pre-fab unit. Also installed new water control valve and shower head.

05/28/2008

Miriam M.

If Mr. McCabe's mother is in fact terminally ill as he indicated, I can understand and sympathize with his inability to work at this time. However, I do not see why this would prevent him from contacting me and refunding any unexpended portion of my $1500 plus delivering any supplies he purchased on my behalf and with my money. Mr. McCabe left what appears to be a shop-vac on my property which I am holding hostage until I receive my refund....

Description of Work
I hired Patrick McCabe to do a complete remodel of my master bath and partial remodels of my hall bath and kitchen with possible installation of new flooring. He did some scouting for bathroom sinks, vanities, and countertops, and took me to a building supplies warehouse where I purchased two sinks, vanities and countertops. He then asked for $1500 in advance to buy supplies (faucets, etc.) and for installation labor. I gave him a check for $1500. Since he left my house with that check, he has been a complete no-show. He did get in touch with me a couple of times right after I gave him the check to say he was coming the next day to do the installation, but he never came. He called to apologize and said that his mother was very ill with cancer. Since then I have neither seen nor heard anything from him. I wrote him several times to say that I understood if he was unable to work because of personal problems, and in that case he could merely return my money and I would hire someone else.

Category home remodeling

There were extenuating circumstances, beyond mine or my client's control. I cannot defend the fact that I made a mistake. And I am correcting that mistake. - Patrick McCabe, Owner

12/20/2007

I never received an estimate and he never called back. I called him when I had not received the estimate and he said it would be out Monday, but I never received anything.

Description of Work
He came out to the house to see what I wanted to have done. He said he would estimate how much it would cost and then send it to me and call me, and we could go from there.

Category home remodeling

THE DAY THAT THE MEMBER CALLED, I HAPPENED TO BE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND WAS ABLE TO VISIT HER ON THE SAME DAY. SHE WAS LOOKING FOR ESTIMATES ON REBUILDING 2 BATHROOMS THAT WERE EXTREMELY DECAYED AND DAMAGED BY WATER AND TIME. I NOTICED IMMEDIATELY THAT THERE WERE MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THE PLUMBING, BOTH IN THE WALLS AND IN THE FLOOR (CONCRETE). I TOLD HER AN APPROXIMATE COST TO DO THE WORK THAT SHE WOULD HIRE ME FOR, BUT COULD NOT GIVE HER A PROPER ESTIMATE UNTIL SHE HAD A PLUMBING CONTRACTOR MAKE THE NECESSARY REPAIRS FIRST. I COULD NOT SPECULATE EXACTLY WHAT WOULD BE NEEDED, BEFORE A QUALIFIED PLUMBING CONTRACTOR MADE THOSE REPAIRS. I CALLED SEVERAL TIMES, OVER A PERIOD OF 2 WEEKS AFTER OUR MEETING IN HER HOME, LEFT MESSAGES AND NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK. OUR MEETING IN HER HOME WAS APPROXIMATELY 3 MONTHS AGO.

11/04/2007

SEAN M.

We contacted Handyman (Patrick McCabe) after reading about them in Angie's List. We had a general idea of the work that we wanted done, and worked with Patrick to work out a time line, the scope of work, and the contractors who would do the work he was not going to do. There were unanticipated problems and associated delays, as always happens with any major project, and we expanded and modified the scope of the work several times along the way. Patrick was very accommodating, and made many trips to our house to discuss options, meet with other contractors, and work on various aspects of the job until the work was done to our satisfaction. Although it took longer than we initially anticipated, we are pleased with the final results.

Description of Work
Complete demo and remodel. New ceiling, walls, wiring, plumbing, cabinets, appliances, lighting, tile floors, countertops, painting, skylight, roof, HVAC, new roof, etc. Patrick McCabe (principal of Handyman) was the general contractor; he also did demo, framing, drywall, electric, lighting, tile, some of the drywall, finish trim, and miscellaneous other work. Coordinated work with cabinet company, HVAC, plumbing, and other contractors. Most of the project cost was for the materials, appliances, and the other contractors.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, roofing, skylights, woodworking, appliance sales, home remodeling, interior painters

09/14/2007

SANGHAMITRA S.

We were very happy with what he did. He spent extra time working and he didn't charge anything extra. He went to get the extra materials that he needed, came back and finished the work in a timely manner. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
He fixed the latch on our door and installed two light fixtures in our bathroom.

Category handyman service, lighting, doors

06/15/2007

RUMEE B.

Very well. Patrick also connected the lighting to a remote belonging to an outside ceiling fan that a previous handyman had botched. He added this without charging extra.

Description of Work
Installed wiring and added lighting in our back yard.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

05/31/2007

GEORGE B.

Mr. McCabe was quite busy. I give him credit though, for showing up on the day, he said he would. He is a friendly person to work with.

Description of Work
This involved two trips. On the first trip, he discovered that both swamp cooler pumps were corroded and non-functional. He took the old pumps with him and bought replacements at Home Depot. He installed them on the second trip.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/15/2007

Holly S.

Very pleased. Work was done in a timely manner. Very professional. Very impressed with the fact, that as the project was done start to finish the area was cleaned and kept uncluttered. After the project was completed the area was cleaner than prior to the start of the project. After the fans were installed I made another appointment to have my garbage disposal replaced.

Description of Work
Removed old ceiling fans and installed new ceiling fans.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

05/14/2007

BOBBY I.

I hire them for a previous remodel project and was very happy with their work last time. I spoke with Patrick and he was able to come out in a few days. The work was completed in one day. Patrick was very pleasant to work with, prompt, and made some good suggestions on some other projects down the line.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater and added a new lighting circuit.

Category handyman service

02/12/2007

TINA R.

Very happy with the quality of work and the time frame completed. There were a couple of cost overruns (the initial contract was $10,500) but I am very satisfied with the upgrades recommended to me. Workers were punctual and courteous, and explained in detail the process and time line before getting our business and pretty much followed it to a "t."

Description of Work
After three visits to determine an estimate and cost of materials, we hired them to remodel and repair elements of our kitchen, ceiling, and flooring. There were so many things not up to code or built incorrectly the first time around, it was a relief to get the job done.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

01/03/2007

BOBBY I.

Ask for Patrick, he was very professional, on time, and flexible when I needed him to accommodate my schedule. He was able to give me an estimation over the phone and visited the next day to give me a bid. Project was completed in about six weeks. We're very happy with the results and are looking at doing a sun room in a couple months.

Description of Work
I hired them to replace tile, install cabinets, and manufactured stone countertops. I paid around $25k in materials and about $12k labor, including some light demolition.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, woodworking, home remodeling

BLACK DIAMONDS PAINTING LLC

Comfortable Living AC & Heating LLC

We are a small HVAC company consisting of 4 employees, We've been serving the valley since 2009 and are constantly growing. Our knowledgeable, professional, caring team can take care of all your HVAC needs.

ASK FOR DETAILS

GENERAL HANDYMAN SERVICES, TILE, PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, CABINETRY, COUNTERTOPS, APPLIANCES, REPLACEMENT, REPAIR & INSTALLATION OF WATER HEATERS, LIGHTING, SWITCHES, OUTLETS, CEILING FANS, SWAMP COOLERS AND EXHAUST FANS, WALLS, FRAMING, DRYWALL TEXTURING, RE-TEXTURING & REPAIR, KITCHEN & BATHROOM REMODELING.