Urban Forest Tree Care Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2009

PO Box 15131

Phoenix, AZ 85060

Urban Forest Tree Care Inc is a Phoenix company that was founded in 2000 by the Griffin Family who has over 20 years experience in the Tree Care and Landscape Industries. The Urban Forest Tree Care team includes ISA certified arborists, OSHA 500 & 5001 certified trainers, ISA certified tree workers, certified spray techs and professional landscape designers. Our residential landscape division provides a personal and hands on approach with homeowners to create the yard of their dreams. Urban Forest Tree Care has a landscape showroom in our Phoenix offices where clients can choose and design their landscape. Then our team of professionals brings it to life. We strive to maintain a culture of continuing education, safety and personal growth. We are licensed with the Arizona Structural Pest Control (Lic8399) in B5-Turf and Ornamental & B3- right of way/weed. Our spray tech (QP Lic 8166) is well versed in the landscape industry, his certifications include Arizona certified landscape professional, master gardener and SmartScape. Our internal staff is an important support system to ensure customer satisfaction, quality control, and accuracy. All our internal personnel has been in the industry for many years, most of them with Urban Forest Tree Care. We are consistently rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and have been the recipient of many awards. Urban Forest Tree Care Inc is licensed with the registrar of contractors, K-21 dual landscape & irrigation systems (ROC#261888)....

02/02/2018

larry O.

service was very good,

Description of Work
tree trimming, fertilize the tree

05/08/2017

Sally W.

Perfectly! Showed up on time, were extremely careful with trimming and pruning, cleaned up completely. They are professionals and don't waste time getting the job done correctly the first time! Really enjoyed working with them

Description of Work
Ficus trees trimmed and crowned, two orchid trees in courtyard pruned and cut back on private property. Also had them do significant work for our HOA on overgrown trees.

02/22/2017

Susan A.

They did great work, from the free estimate to the clean-up. All workers I had contact with were professional. I would recommend their company and also would use them again.

Description of Work
We had three pine trees trimmed and fertilized.

06/05/2014

Wyatt E.

Customer consideration that he extended to me was extra ordinary. His father came out too. He was just like his father. Very patient.

Description of Work
Tree Service - trim in the backyard.

06/27/2013

Paula P.

I am one of those people who truly cares about my trees and their long-term beauty and health. I don't want just anyone touching them (I've had some bad experiences with other so-called tree and quot;expertsand quot; in the Valley). So when it came to finding a top-notch arborial group to come out and get my trees up to par again after a year of massive growth, I looked around pretty thoroughly. I had several companies come out to do estimates and their cutting ideas and prices were all over the board, from severe cutting of main, large branches to only light end pruning (no and no) with most prices from $400 to $700 for the whole job (and one that blew my mind at a whopping $2,700!) After speaking to Bryan from Urban Forest and weighing his plan, technique, expertise and cost against others that I'd spoken to, I decided to go with my gut and hire his group as they seemed the most sane and professional AND he demonstrated a true understanding of what I wanted and also what I DIDN'T want. The crew showed up exactly on-time ready to go, and was properly attired in hefty safety equipment head to toe, very professional and easy to talk to and numbered about six. Bryan showed up with them and stayed for the Palo Brea's major pruning (the hardest tree) and went over the plans for the others with the guys, so I had no qualms about just going in the house and leaving them to it, coming out here and there to admire their work. As to the technique, which is the most important part to me, they could not have been more careful and kind to the trees, not only thinking about what they will look like right after pruning, but how the trees will look into the future. THAT requires vision and experience. The crew, led by Augustin, thoughtfully pruned each branch, stopping to look at the trees from all angles as they went. They started from the ends and selectively made cuts as they went to reduce the canopy and lift the branches gradually. Considering the rising temperatures this time of year (116 this weekend???), Bryan and Augustin both warned against taking too much off any of the trees due to potential shock and burn, so I was glad they had a more conservative approach. As an added plus, they managed to prune the Palo Brea, which is tightly surrounded by Indian Fig cactus and many large agaves, without so much as one broken spear or snapped paddle. Amazing! (Most other tree people I've had out are pretty brutal to the foliage as a rule.) As for the pepper trees, looking at them after Urban Forest got done with them, I realize that they really have never been pruned properly until now. These trees have a tendency to grow all crazy and leggy with lots of dead wood creating a and quot;jungleand quot; effect. The crew carefully cleaned out all the spindly branches and opened up the trees so that they can get more actual leaves to fill in the leggy sections. They also managed to get the trees off the wall (my neighbor will be happy) and the shape of each tree is amazing now...they actually HAVE a shape! I know the pepper trees will now be able to grow properly and be fuller in the future, the way they should be. The clean-up went well. I HATE blowers and gas-powered anything, as do my neighbors, so they did all the pruning by hand with saws and pole loppers and then, at my request, did an old-school rake and broom clean-up which was PERFECT for my needs. The only noise that was made was from the efficient chipper/shredder, but that was no issue. They normally use blowers to make the yards immaculate, but were fine with my special request of no blowers. I care more about the pruning job than having microscopic bits of leaves on my gravel and would rather have the crew spend their time on the trees. Over all, Bryan, Augustin, and the crew from Urban Forest did THE best job that I've ever had done on my trees. I just wish I'd found them years ago. They are now my go-to arborists moving forward and will be recommended to all my friends and neighbors in the future. Thank you, Urban Forest, for a great job and an easy and pleasant experience at a reasonable cost. My trees are breathing easier now, and with the monsoon storms upcoming, so am I!

Description of Work
Hand pruning, thinning, and crown reduction of large overgrown Palo Brea and five medium-sized but very hairy Brazilian Pepper trees.

Category tree service

Thank you for the thorough review of your experience with Urban Forest Tree Care. We strive to deliver personalized service for our clients and their tree care needs. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

06/13/2013

Marcia B.

I called to have them trim one of our trees that they had trimmed twice before. The person on the phone was very personable, took all my information and said she'd have someone call me. They never returned my calls. I used another service that I found on Angie's list - they called back within hours and completed the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
None performed.

Category tree service

Thank you for the feedback and we apologize for the lack of contact from our company. We are looking into the issue to further improve our response to our clients requests for services.

05/09/2013

DAVID AND MARY L.

We have had this done by other companies in the past and found that the trees looked and quot;scalpedand quot; afterward. Based on other experience with Urban Forest we asked them to give us and estimate. Kelly O'Toole came to the property and walked it with me to determine what needed to be done. In addition to the tree trimming he determned that we had irrigation issues and a couple of trees with bound roots. Kelly was willing to return and walk the property with my wife and me to explain the final plan. He also invited us to walk with him on the morning of the work as he explained what was to be done to the foreman on the job. He came back during the day to make sure all was progressing well. The crew went to work and spent most of the day cutting and grinding, then cleaning up. At the end of the day you would not know they had been here by looking at the ground; it was that clean. The trees are exactly as Kelly had promised they would be. No sense of having been pruned just healthy and airy.

Description of Work
Crown clean and reduce tip weight on 15 mature trees. Remove all debris and clean up.

Category tree service

Thank you for your feedback and look forward to working with you again in the future for you tree care and landscape needs.

11/03/2011

Bruce H.

HOIS TTO DO THE WORK

Description of Work
I CALLED THEM AS THEY RATED WELL ON YOUR LIST. THE LADY WHO I TALKED TO WAS VERY HELPFUL, AND PROMPT IN RESPONDING TO MY MESSAGE. SHE TOOK ALLTHE INFORMATION ON MY PROBLEM , AND SAID I WOULD BE CALLED BACK TO MAKE AN APPOINTMEMT TO COME OUT AND INSPECT THE TREE AND GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE. I HAVE NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN. THIS REQUEST WAS MADE ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO ,GIVE OR TAKE A DAY OR TWO' THE DATE TODAY IS 11-2-11..IN MY OPINION THIS COMPANY IS A LONG LONG WAY FROM AN "A" RATEING. I GOT ANOTHER COMPANY TO DO THE WORK . THE JOB WAS VERY WELL DONE IN EVERY WAY------- BY THE WAY, THEY ARE NOT ON YOUR LIST.----BRUCE

Category tree service

We admittedly dropped the ball on this and sincerely apologize. The arborist assigned to the call has been alerted to his oversight and we are auditing our internal systems to improve our call-in tracking / follow up. We are glad that you were able to be serviced even if it was by another company. Thank you for your feedback, it has highlighted a deficit in our systems and it will help us improve our services.

08/18/2011

lisa B.

I called Urban Forest Tree Care Service at the end of June to come out and give me a proposal to trim some of my trees that had become over grown and was concerned about how top heavy they were and that they might fall on my house during monsoon season. I explained that I wanted to keep as much of the shade as possible but still wanted the trees to be safe. Bryan from Urban Forest Tree Care Service came out and left me a quote to cut my trees at the end of June. He followed up with a call telling me that he left a quote on my front door and they would be happy to do the work when i was ready. I found him to be friendly courteous and very professional when I spoke with him. But I wanted to get a few other quotes before making my final decision. About a month later after getting two other quotes, I called Bryan and asked him if he could meet the price of a competitor and he actually called me back with a price that not only matched, but beat the other company. The day my job was scheduled the crew arrived not only on time but a little early. The job foreman went over my job with me so that there were no questions about the work they were going to be doing and how I wanted my trees cut. They quickly got to work and completed a very large job in about 5 hours (the same job that took companies I've used in the past an entire day). The crew was efficient, friendly, polite and spoke english. (I don't mean this to be discriminatory in any way, but I have had so many jobs done by a whole crew that doesn't speak english, which makes it so difficult and frustrating to communicate) I had to leave half way through the job, and when I came home I found my job completed, all my gates closed, all the debris cleaned up and my trees beautifully shaped and trimmed. I was pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed. I highly recommend Urban Forest Tree Care Service....... I would give them an A+++++++ and I look forward to working with them again next year.

Description of Work
Trimmed 3 very mature pecans trees, 2 mulberry trees and 1 acacia tree

Category tree service

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback has been communicated to Bryan and the crew. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

05/26/2011

sharon K.

It was wonderful. They did their job. You don't have to ask for anymore. They came on time, did what they needed to. They did everything they were supposed to and cleaned up also.

Description of Work
They came and they trimmed the trees and also fertilized the trees. They also trimmed and took care of the plants that got frost on them and also planted a tree for me.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Thank you for the feedback. We look forward to working with you again soon.

05/19/2011

Yvonne C.

UFTC was able to do the work two days after the estimate. They arrived on time, they worked quickly and thoroughly. They used safety gear and appropriate tools for the climbing and cutting. I never worried about anyone having an accident on my property. For the amount of work performed and the professionalism, I was amazed at the low price! I highly recommend Urban Forest Tree Care, Inc.

Description of Work
I had eleven (11) trees on my yard, ranging from large to puny. The crew crown-thinned nine, and removed the two puny trees. They trimmed small branches deep into the crown, not just the easy-to-reach growth around the edges. That's what those trees needed! Prior workers had trimmed only the periphery, not the deep growth. This has opened the crowns so that Phoenix wind storms will not likely blow the trees down. Cuttings were all removed from my yard.

Category tree service

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a wonderful experience and look forward to working with you again. Our staff consists of six ISA Certified Arborists and two ISA Certified Tree Workers - we take pride in providing our clients proper pruning services to maintain the health, value and beauty of their trees!

04/11/2011

sharon K.

Work well done, and trees looks beautiful, fruit trees were loaded with wonderful fruit this season.

Description of Work
trim four trees and fertilize all.

Category tree service

Thank you for your feedback!

01/13/2011

Barbara H.

Their arborist definitely knows his stuff very well. He was very receptive. I had a couple of issues with them and he was Johnny on the spot to see that they were corrected.

Description of Work
I used Urban Forest Tree Care to trim a very large mesquite tree, 2 palm trees and a very crazed lemon tree.

Category tree service

Member - thank your for your feedback!

01/04/2011

Joe D.

I had a little trouble getting them to call back initially. They did a competent job. I little pricey for the scope of work but they did explain in advance that there was a minimum service charge. Some roots from the ground stump were left behind that I also had to remove by hand as well. Overall, I would probably use them again but I might look for a few quotes from other companies.

Description of Work
Ground the stump of one tree and the roots form a tree that I had removed by hand.

Category landscaping, tree service

Your feedback is appreciated and we apologize for any delay in responsiveness. We make every effort to service clients promptly. Improvements will be implemented - thank you!

11/15/2010

sharon K.

I was not at home at that time.

Description of Work
Fertilized 4 trees and trimmed them.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you for your feedback. Our Organic Fertilization is one of the best ways to provide the nutrition for root health and nutritional uptake so that your tree maintains resilient. We recommend an Arborist evaluation, trimming and fertilization once a year to maintain the health and beauty of your tree. We look forward to working with you again next year. Be sure to watch for our ads to receive additional discounts on your next service.

10/22/2010

Mary L.

The guy who came out to look at the trees was very brusque and didn't listen to me at all. He had an idea of what he wanted to do, and seemed in a big hurry to finish and get out of there. The trimmer guys they sent out were very quick and cleaned up the mess very well.

Description of Work
Planted a 24" box tree and trimmed several others.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you for the feedback. This is not acceptable with our customer service standards. We have incorporated your experience in the arborist's feedback reviews and expect him to provide focused attention to all clients. Our crews appreciate the kudos!

08/07/2010

Seri S.

I liked the quote I received from urban Forest. The estimator showed up on time, the quote seemed reasonable and I got the impression the company would do a great job. Given the condition of the trees and the imminent monsoon season, the estimator told me he would ask the scheduler to prioritize my trees and schedule the trimming as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, that never happened. First, they said they were behind schedule due to employees taking time off around the July 4th weekend. Then they said I was out of the geographic area they usually covered, so it might be a while before they could get to me. The one date they were available to come out, I was going on vaction and I didn't feel comfortable having strangers in my back yard with no one home. Three weeks into the process, my last phone call to them went unanswered. The scheduler did call me a month after the original quote, to see if I still needed the trees trimmed, but by that time the job had been completed by someone else.

Description of Work
Urban Forest gave me an estimate to trim and fertilize two mesquite trees, but they were not able to schedule a date to perform the service. After waiting three weeks and losing a tree limb in a wind storm, I gave up and hired another company who completed the job within 24 hours of giving me a quote.

07/09/2010

Raoul E.

Very happy with the estimating process, turnaround, and actual work that was done.

Description of Work
We have nearly 30 trees on our property including palms (which aren't trees!), mesquite, acacia, citrus, olive, and eucalyptus. All needed long-overdue work. Urban Forest Tree was recommended by our mow-and-blow landscaper, and I then checked them on Angie's List.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you for your feedback. Please thank your landscaper as well. We look forward to working with you again.

06/27/2010

Sarah H.

They did the work as promised. I wasn't there, but they said they covered my nearby citrus tree to make sure it didn't get sprayed by accident.

Description of Work
Sprayed my olive trees.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, our policy is to protect any surrounding vegetation from overspray. We look forward to working with you this coming Olive Season. Be sure to call in December to set up your 2011 spray. Olive Season is February - April.

03/28/2010

Matthew B.

The landscape contractor referred me to Urban Forest Tree Care (UFTC) on a Friday. On Saturday, I called UFTC and a gentleman was able to visit my residence that afternoon/evening to provide an estimate. Due to the responsiveness, professionalism, and lower-than-expected-pricing, I accepted the offer without obtaining other estimates. There were two "issues" that we UFTC covered smoothly. First, they were candid with me that their equipment might damage my driveway. Luckily, my driveway is in bad shape so I was okay with that. And the residual effect on my driveway was a barely perceptible 3x1 rectangle where there's some discoloration. Second, I noticed in UFTC's promo materials that their liability insurance appeared to have just expired. UFTC emailed me a a copy of their policy to provide comfort to me. The day before UFTC removed the trees they called me to set up scheduling and were very courteous and articulate. Just a great overall experience. I received great value and will fully recommend UFTC to anyone with tree-related needs.d

Description of Work
I spoke to a landscape designer and contractor about my desire to cut and remove 2 very large evergreens (>30 ft. high) from my front yeard.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate referrals! We look forward to working with you again.

02/12/2010

MICHAEL C.

WELL..I WAS REFEREED BY SOMEONE WHO SAID THEY HAD BEEN IN VALLEY FOR 10 YRS. FROM THE 1ST CALL TO SCHED APPT TO THE ARBORIST COMING OUT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. THEY WE'RE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ON TREE AN PLANT HEALTH. I WAS VERY HAPPY ON HOW THEY ORGANICALLY TREATED AN FED MY TREE, AND HOW THE ARBORIST SHOWED ME ALL THEIR CERTIFICATIONS RIGHT DOWN TO THE MEN IN THE TREE BEING CERTIFIED. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM .

Description of Work
PROPER PRUNE OF MY TREES AN PLANTS,THEY DONE A ORGANIC SOIL TREATMENT, DIAGNOSED MY TREE PROBLEMS AND QUEENS. ALSO, PLANTED SOME PLANTS FOR ME.

Patio Design Group

We specialize in the Landscape Installation and Design of Residential and Commercial properties In Phoenix and surrounding areas. Our Specialties include but are not limited to Synthetic Grass Installs , Paver and Travertine Paver Installs , Cultured Stone and Natural Stone Veneer Installs , Block Walls and Retaining Walls , Irrigation and Timers , Plant & Tree install and removals , Custom BBQs, Outdoor Kitchens and Pergulas. Every project is performed with the highest levels of professionalism and quality. All staff come fully trained and well-equipped with honesty, integrity, and superb work ethic. These are just a few of the unique traits that distinguish our company and set us apart from all others, allowing us to best serve the great people of Arizona.

Offers by Patio Design Group on Angi
    Snyder's Weed Control

We specialize in weed control and prevention in desert landscapes using pre-emergent herbicides to prevent weed seed germination and follow up with a post-emergent herbicide which will kill those present existing weeds. And for those that have fruiting olive trees, they can be sprayed to prevent fruit. Snyder's Weed Control is a licensed and insured company that is locally owned and operated. Mark Snyder the founder of Snyder's Weed Control has lived in the Valley of the Sun his entire life and has over 20 years experience in the weed control and landscape maintenance field. Snyder's Weed Control serves the valley, whether you are in Carefree, Sun City Grand, Goodyear or Apache Junction we can meet your weed control needs. Our technicians are all trained with State licensed applicators. We continue to learn and improve in our field by attending seminars and continuing education classes. We also stay in touch with chemical manufactures to keep up to date with new technologies. So if you've Got Weeds, whether they are commercial or residential, please give us a call and we will take care of your weed control problem. Our goal is to provide the best service with a personal touch and at a reasonable price. LICENSE NO 5633

ScapeTech Landscaping & Design

Scape Tech Landscaping & Design is a custom landscape installation company, meaning we focus on customizing your dream project and making it become a reality. We are a smaller family-owned and operated company and have been servicing the valley for over 20 years. We specialize in medium to larger size complete remodels and new construction projects. If you are looking for a custom landscape design in Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Sun Lakes, Tempe, or Queen Creek, contact our knowledgeable and experienced staff to help you envision, design, and install your ultimate outdoor paradise.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Trimming, tree removal, stump grinding, staking & cabling, storm damage, treatment of sick trees, deep root fertilization, preventative maintenance, landscape design, landscape installation, turf, pavers, water features, planting, irrigation systems, weed control & diagnosis.