Silver City Restoration

Founded 2005 • With Angi since May 2010

2255 W Desert Cove Ave Ste C

Phoenix, AZ 85029

Full service restoration company. Preferred contractor on most insurance companies. Silver City Restoration provides an exceptionally positive post-disaster reconstruction experience. This is accomplished by establishing a strong client-focused relationship; delivering contracting services that

03/18/2022

eugene B.

This is a story sad but true of a company that has very good work but very bad business practices This begins in September of 2021 An estimator is sent to survey damage done by a roof leak due to a Solar installation On this visit, the estimator without authorization attempted to fix an issue The problem as was always suspected was part of a Solar panel installation and not even close to the problem area, again this was not authorized The estimator spent roughly 45 minutes for his activity and arrived late even though it was clearly communicated my sister-in-law worked nights and was asleep, there were 2 guests here, but they would authorize; this was presented as a favor - to attempt to stop further leakage Now to current time, on March 16th, 2022 I have resolved my roof issues with Reimagine Roofing - recommended Jim the representative for Silver City comes to inspect the work and close our business and I am presented with 2 invoices, 1 for the ceiling repair and 1 for what i have no idea It came to be that 1 as for the ceiling and 1 the additional charges were for the attempted unauthorized repair which didn’t do anything anyway Those charges were 586.46 - during an estimate appointment for insurance purposes this amounts to $13 a minute i will add that if you have any interaction them, they or their representative's do understand payment options using current electronic/computerized systems, like Zoelle or simple BillPay

Description of Work
Ceiling damage from roof leak

01/20/2022

Charlotte B.

Terrible. The number one company on my terrible company list. The only reason they have one star is because there are no negative choices. The prices are outrageous, the invoice shows work that never was done, and Jim Cox is impossible. I don't know why USAA, our insurance company recommended them. We are ending up paying them, because they are not worth another minute of our time. I realize this is exactly what they expect, and yes, they won this one. But if I save one person from using this company, it will have been worth it. I am also sending a copy of this review to USAA.

Description of Work
grout several blocks in block wall, paint part of wall, fix screen in one window.

Category fencing, screen repair, house painters

06/15/2017

Paul B.

We had a storm that ripped off some ties that was two years ago. They are not local. There were probably 100 roofing companies from all over the country that came in because so many roofs were damaged here. The underside of the roof collapsed. That was not a storm leak. It was a water leak. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They repaired our roof.

Category garage builders

05/03/2017

Marilyn C.

They did an excellent job

Description of Work
Stucco repair, drywall repair, painting

12/06/2016

Marvin K.

Description of Work

Category drywall, hauling services, interior painters

09/09/2015

James H.

Subsequent to a wind and rain storm we had a severe leak in our living room. Silver City was on the list of recommended contractors provided by our insurance company. After receiving an inspection and a quote to repair the section of the roof additional discussions with representatives from Silver City indicated that the roof (which was approaching 29 years old) should probably be replaced. We agreed to the job and price and were quite happy with the results. Numerous leaks and broken tiles were discovered and fixed or replaced. Additionally, several sheets on roofing plywood had to be replaced. The work crews were punctual and cleaned up every day. We enjoyed talking with the crew and gaining additional insight into potential troublesome areas to look for in the future. The manager, David, was courteous and knowledgable and offered good insight into our problems and went out of his way to ensure that we had prompt attention. The overall price was not the lowest estimate received, but with our insurance company's recommendation we decided to go with Silver City. We were very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Replace and repair entire roof

Category drywall, roofing, insurance companies

03/26/2015

Paul B.

Category drywall, remodeling

Thank you for the good rating. We appreciate the positive feedback. John Kritsberg Marketing Director

03/19/2015

Sara K.

Description of Work
Water from roof leak in garage caused damage and mold to wall board behind ceiling to floor cabinets which had been professionally installed. They had to take down the cabinets in order to repair the wall. When the cabinets were reinstalled you could not tell. Silver City did an excellent job. Everyone was friendly and professional. This is the second time I have used Silver City and I would use them again.

Category drywall, remodeling

[member name removed]; Thank you so much for the great review. We take pride in providing 110% service and quality workmanship. John Kritsberg Marketing Manager

09/24/2014

Mark K.

Category drywall, remodeling, siding, interior painters

Thank you for your positive response. Please let us know if you need any help in the future.

08/06/2014

David C.

My first contact was with Silver City's estimator Tara. She was on time and very knowledgeable. I agreed to have them make the repairs. The next contact was from Jim who was the job superintendent. We set up a time to make the repairs and on the scheduled day the repair technician Frank arrived on time and made the appropriate repair to the ceiling, Frank repaired the sheet rock applied the appropriate texture and removed the material that the HVAC contractor had left. Frank was very conscientious and he payed special attention to my concerns. He was very cautious to keep every thing clean. We had agreed to skip a day as I had a previous appointment. Frank arrived on the agreed day, again on time, and brought Arthur to assist him. Frank and Arthur hung plastic and covered all light fixtures. They were careful to protect everything so as to not get paint anywhere that was not to be painted. They painted the entire ceiling. They re-hung the speaker, Which was difficult. After the paint was dry they cleaned up the repair to my satisfaction. The entire time they were here was very professional. The damage to our home was very traumatic to us and we were very concerned that the repairs would be problematic. As it turned out we were pleasantly surprised to find a company that actually does quality work. We were even given a three year guarantee. The entire crew that we dealt with were absolutely great! We recommend Silver City very highly.

Description of Work
I had Silver City Restoration repair damage caused by the improper installation of my attic mounted HVAC by another contractor. The ceiling had fallen through. They repaired the hole in my ceiling, matched the existing finished coating and painted the entire ceiling. In addition they replaced the insulation, removed the trash left by the HVAC contractor and remounted the surround sound speaker that had also fallen when the ceiling fell. They had the carpet cleaned and the carpet fellow was able to remove the stain caused by water when the ceiling fell.

Category drywall, insulation, remodeling, interior painters

[member name removed]; Thank you for the positive feedback. We do take pride in quality workmanship and concerns with our clients. I will pass on the compliments.

04/01/2014

peggy R.

Two gentlemen came for an estimate - to date no estimated received. I called inquiring when I would receive the written estimate and was told in a day or two. I chose another company that was more responsive and with good recommendation.

Category drywall

We do apologize for non response. We appreciate your feedback.

03/31/2014

Karen M.

I was impressed with the estimator. They were knowledgeable and articulate. When I had questions during the work, they were happy to explain things to me. During the work, the supervisor checked in with me every morning and every evening. They OWNED the work they were doing, from the receptionist to the owner.

Description of Work
Replaced tile roof, replaced foam room

Category drywall, roofing

Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive to do our best for you and our workmanship.

02/03/2014

Marjorie D.

Their crew showed up on time every day. They kept the place clean of debris and did a very professional job. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
replaced entire roof on house and shop. Removed and sealed off old evap cooler. about 4900 Sq Ft including a 20x40 flat roof area.

Category drywall

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our roofing division takes pride in quality workmanship.

07/22/2013

Geraldine E.

Silver City Restoration was recommended by my home owners insurance so they were my first and only choice for restoring the damage from (1) a leaking water heater which damaged baseboards and drywall and (2) an under-slab water pipe leak that necessitated the removal of my bathroom vanity to reach the problem. In both cases, the estimator was prompt and efficient and explained the work to be done. In the first instance, the estimator didn't file the information with the insurance company promptly but when prodded quickly did so. Work on the first damage went very smoothly; the crews were on time, very polite and always cleaned up after themselves. For the re-installation of the my vanity, there were some problems with the drywall repair (caused by a prior, incorrectly done renovation. The supervisor came quickly in response to my call and had a team out that same day to re-repair the wall. The most trying part of the experience was the actual creation of a new interior for the vanity and the re-installation of the existing granite countertop. My first complaint was that the cabinet guy didn't even come to do any measurements until after everything else was done. That meant that I had to wait an additional 2 weeks for the installation. Secondly, when the granite was installed, there was a considerable gap between the back splash and the countertop; the first team sent to correct the problem just stuffed it with clean silicon caulk, leaving an ugly look. Again the supervisor responded promptly to my complaint but it took several more days until yet another team came to remove the silicon and install the right type of caulk. Overall, working with Silver City was a very good experience and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Restored damage from two separate but simultaneous water leaks. Paid for by insurance.

Category drywall

We appreciate all your comments. Sometime when hiring a sub-contractor we find ourselves working around their schedule and workmanship.

12/31/2012

Elana G.

They were excellent! They made it easy for us to go through this experience. Tara came out and did the estimate. She was there the next day and when we needed an addendum to the initial she came out quickly as well. Don handled the job and we had contractors coming when they said they would. The work was done well and when I had any issues with anything someone was here right away. Brenda in the office was great at dealing with the insurance and was very willing to work with us and every little issue. There's always little things that aren't perfect but in general, I give them an A. They really did a great job and I would hire them again and definitely recommend them to a family member or friend.

Description of Work
We came home from vacation to rain in our living room. Our master bathroom toilet was gushing water. We just bought the house so I called the home warranty and got the plumbing taken care of and then I went to Angie's List to get the water mitigation people. I found Silver City. They had a whole team out here in a couple of hours. They were efficient and thorough and quite professional. They took into consideration the fact that I have 2 small children and made it easy for us to live with fans and whatnot. I was very impressed. At that time, their manager at the office spoke to my husband and offered to do the construction work (ceiling, repainting, tile, carpeting). Once I got a hold of my insurance company the let me know that Silver City was a recommended contractor with them. They did drywall, repainting, tiling, carpeting, water mitigation, and baseboard replacement.

Category drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters

Thank you for your positive feedback and all comments mentioned. Glad your experience went well.

05/01/2012

neva R.

They did an excellent job at fixing all of these problems and I had a great experience with this company.

Description of Work
My house suffered severe hail damage in the Phoenix area. They replaced my roofing, siding, screens, and shed. They took care of the required painting that my house needed.

Category roofing, screen repair, siding, house painters

06/15/2011

Patricia M.

They did a great job, They (the roofers) arrived bright and early (except for one day when they were to be there at 6 am and didn't arrive until 7- the crew leader apologized, stating that he had overslept) and worked quickly and efficiently. The interior dry wall crew was excellent as well, very professional, and keeping us informed on the process as it unfolded. There was a problem that occurred while disconnecting our solar water heater in order to repair the roof underneath- leakage came through the ceiling. The crew addressed this issue promptly and repaired the damage, even though it was not directly caused by them, but I believe by the solar heater worker who disconnected the water heater. Finally, the painters did a good job as well I would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing similar services done. They were awesome!

Description of Work
We got a new roof, repaired interior water stains on ceiling, resurfaced and painted affected rooms.

Category drywall, roofing, water damage restoration, interior painters

Thank you for your feedback.

10/06/2010

ROY K.

They did a very good job. they moved the furniture, took pictures off the wall and put them back. they did a lot of work other than restoration work, which really surprised me. I did a lot of it myself before they got here and moved pictures off the wall, moved flower arrangements. They moved heavy stuff that I didn't think you could move with a fork lift. What pictures I didn't take off they wall, they took off the wall and put them back. They did a lot of things that I couldn't do myself because I am too old and decrepit. They just did it and I was astounded. They moved my computer console and got behind it. That thing is a monster I don't think you would have any trouble lifting that with a fork lift. But they moved that and book cases and small furniture items that I couldn't very well move myself. They covered everything and did the painting and all the repair work that they do. They did a very good job.

Description of Work
I had some interior water damage from rain, and they came in and fixed that. Some of it was repair the wall board, just painted over. They did it all.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

[Member Name Removed]; Thank you for the great feedback.

SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT

We offer our services NATIONWIDE. Our passion is partnering with our clients to crystallize their financial goals, design a strategy to achieve those goals and execute the plan to its completion. You know it’s not enough to just make a plan, even the most well designed strategies can fail if not executed properly and then monitored for progress and suitability. This is why we consistently monitor the progress of your plan and make changes as new developments come to light with your changing goals. Whether we are helping a young family set the path to achieve their ideal lifestyle and first home; assisting a newly widowed client in navigating and structuring his/or her retirement plan and new life; or advising a professional couple on structuring the sale of their business and transitioning into retirement, we are consistently behind the scenes working to get you there and keep you there: on track. Our Core Competencies include: Financial Planning, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Estate Planning and Multi-Generational Asset Transfer Planning, Managing Executive Deferred Comp Assets. We use the latest and the most sophisticated tools to produce accurate and realistic analyses. We pride ourselves on our independence and ability to work with the leading experts in all fields of wealth management, accounting and estate planning to design a comprehensive and robust strategy to achieve our clients’ goals. Sovereign is affiliated with Spire Investment Partners. Spire Investment Partners is the Parent Company of Spire Wealth Management, LLC an SEC RIA, and Spire Securities LLC, a registered Broker/Dealer and Member of FINRA / SIPC.

Offers Coupon

Preferred Choice Restoration

Here at Preferred Choice Restoration, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the home restoration trade including mold remediation services and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We look forward to earning your business. Contact us today!

Elevation Solar

Energy can be complicated. We're here to make it simple. Elevation’s whole-home solution gives you everything you need to power your home more efficiently. Elevation is one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, a multi-year Department of Energy Contractor of the Year, and recognized as one of the best places to work. Reduce Your Energy Use An energy audit will spot ways to reduce your home’s wasted energy by 10% or more and help your home earn Energy Star Certification. Produce Renewable Energy Elevation’s top-tier solar equipment comes with a 30-year warranty and renewable power. Take Power Over Your Energy Advanced, real-time energy monitoring through Curb technology gives you the information you need to take control of your energy use.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Roof tarps, roofing, structural security, electrical, plumbing, framing, countertop, cabinets, interior and exterior remodels, water mitigation, demolition, contents, mold remediation, asbestos abatement and contents packing, storage, cleaning and put back