Howard Air

Arizona: Contractors
10/31/2022

13235 N Cave Creek Rd

Phoenix, AZ 85022

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

For more than 41 years, Howard Air has been one of the highest-rated heating and air conditioning companies in Arizona. Earning its reputation by consistently operating in an honest and transparent manner. Howard Air offers the industries premier products, brands and an award winning service and installation department. Call us today to experience the quality of our services. Weather replace or repair call Howard Air! Additional Phone Number: (602)633-9302...

HVAC Companies (1715)appliance repair (48)air duct cleaning (29)insulation (7)dryer vent cleaning (4)electrician (3)well & water pump repair (9)water heaters (5)roofing (1)

05/20/2022

Cheryl E.

I wanted to give a shout out to representative Scott Bird of Howard Air. Mr. Bird came to my home to analyze my current heat pump system and discuss a new system. From the moment of contact he proved himself exceptionally professional and knowledgeable. He took the time to inspect my unit on the roof, take measurements, inspect my attic and my air return, as well as my insulation and other aspects in the home influencing my heating/cooling needs. He was respectful of my property and my health. He provided me with extremely useful information about how heat pumps and ducts work and how to ascertain my specific needs for my home. From my current research both online and in person I had many questions which he took the time to answer. He didn't try to upsell me or push any particular product, but rather gave a thorough analysis of my current system and what I would need if I were to replace it with a reliable and efficient new system. Needless-to-say, I was impressed enough to take the time to write this review. I will definitely be considering Howard Air when making my final decision.

Description of Work
Analysis and estimate for new HVAC unit.

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

11/19/2021

Thomas M.

They did a great job They took care of the job and all the paper works Easy peasy!!!

Description of Work
AC service

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

05/12/2021

JOHN S.

Denis did a great job. He was on time and did a great job checking over the equipment. He was very thorough, cleaned the coils on the condenser and made sure the condensation line was clear. Now I'm ready for the summer!

Description of Work
Routine service on my AC and furnace

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed] - happy to hear Denis delivered 5-star service at your home! We appreciate your business - have a great day!

04/16/2021

RAVI M.

Very pleasant experience with them. Adam showed up on time, and was professional and polite. Took his time and got everything done. Best of all - he didn't try to up-sell! I appreciate that, and will continue to use them for routine maintenance and specific needs with my home AC unit. Thank you!

Description of Work
Home AC Tune-up

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We're glad Adam made your experience so enjoyable! We appreciate the 5 star rating - have a nice weekend!

02/03/2021

Stanley O.

They did not do anything physically to troubleshoot our problem. They just gave us an outrageous quote to modify our system to their desires. We called another Air conditioning company and they came out and found the problem with the inoperable unit with in 15minutes after arrival and had the unit up and running.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair one of our 9 units.

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Our team has been trying to reach you to resolve this issue. We invite you to call us anytime at 602.953.2766 so we can make this right. Thank you!

01/26/2021

STANLEY K.

Howard air has been our maintenance contractor since we bought the house in 2004. All systems were in before that and they kept them in good shape, but rather than waiting for a JULY breakdown we were pro active in replacing the whole thing.We got 4 quotes and they were all over the place. We chose Howard for a number of reasons: Hector ,the salesperson was very professional and thorough in his presentation.also we were satisfied with all our prior work with them. We agreed with their quote(even though it was above the other contractors because quality and reputation counts as well as $. They scheduled install and the crew was right on time and finished in 1 day. Hector came over to inspect and we found a few very minor issues. The repairs were finish in a timely fashion and personable staff was on sight and helpful. They were thorough with their explanations. A good company with good recommendations goes far with me. I recommend Howard air.It was a costly job but I am confident in our choice.

Description of Work
new HVAC system---heat and air

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! Your review means so much to our team! We're glad Hector helped you make the right choice for your new comfort system! Thanks for choosing Howard Air!

12/18/2020

Frances H.

It went well. No issues with my system. The technician said I would need system cleaned but could defer until next maintenance call in the Spring. Did not pressure me to spend the extra money now.

Description of Work
Heating maintenance

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for sharing your feedback with us! We really appreciate the A-rating! Have a great day!

12/13/2020

Trent W.

Excellent service Very knowledgeableThe Very Best company we have every had Thanks to the best crew ever!!!

Description of Work
New air conditioner

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate you sharing this review with our team! Thanks for the A-rating!

09/21/2020

Bruce R.

Both technicians on the job were excellent. Efficient and clean from prep. through installation and testing. Also very good instructing use of new sophisticated thermostat in house and app for remote control anywhere.

Description of Work
complete system replacement; new 5 ton variable speed heat pump plus air handler

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

Thanks for sharing this amazing review with our team! We're so glad you received A-rated service! Have an excellent day!

08/28/2020

Steven J.

Jason replaced the coils on one of our units a couple of months ago, and we just wanted to have him recheck it to make sure it was still working properly. He was prompt, courteous, and professional. We have been using them for the past 4 years and the service is always great.

Description of Work
Check on a/c

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We're so happy that you're pleased with our level of service! Thanks for letting us know what a great job Jason's been doing! Have a great day!

08/03/2020

John S.

In the middle of typical 110deg summer weather, they were the ONLY vendor who not only accepted an emergency call but showed up 4 hrs earlier than expected. Tech Mark found a corroded connection box and had it up and running in an hour or so. Hat's off to the on call girl Veronica too, who went above and beyond to contact us multiple times to set up the appointment. Price includes call out fee but that's to be expected. They earn your business...!

Description of Work
Failed HVAC

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We're so glad Mark and Veronica took great care of you! We're proud to have earned your business! Thanks for choosing Howard Air!

07/09/2020

Julie T.

Scott with Howard Air was incredibly responsive and knowledgeable when it came to bidding our installation project and walking us through the process. The crew we were assigned (Pat and Frankie) were prompt, professional, and competent. They were also very good about helping us understand the expectations. Pat also took the time to walk us through the thermostats and how to program them. We have multiple large dogs and they were good about working with us so the dogs could go outside safely and regularly. I would happily use them again if I ever have to install new A/C units. Job well done!

Description of Work
Installation of 3 new A/C units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Woohoo! Great to hear Scott, Pat and Frankie took care of you with Grade-A service! We really appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Howard Air! Have a great day!

06/27/2020

AARON M.

The installation did not go well because there was a leak. The leak resulted in damage to the wood surrounding the AC unit inside the house. The damage was repaired so I give Howard Air credit for that, but the repair is not as good as the original (still some bumps in the boards). The whole process took weeks to finish and we had several techs come to the house. One tech told me to call a plumber. It took quite a while to escalate it to get someone to agree to fix it. I would not hire Howard Air again.

Description of Work
Installation of new AC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Thanks for sharing your review with us, [Member Name Removed]. Someone from the Howard Air team will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your experience.

05/26/2020

Bill H.

Chris Reeves was our technician and we couldn't be happier with the service he provided. From calling 30 minutes before he arrived to let us know he was on his way to taking us through the entire HVAC system as we're pretty new to our home, Chris was patient, courteous, helpful and a wonderful ambassador for Howard Air. We'll be clients for life! I'd give more trhan 5 stars if I could!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning maintenance

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Wow! Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We're so proud to have earned your 5-star rating, and proud that Chris did such a great job! It's exciting to hear you'll be using us in the future! Thanks for choosing Howard Air! We appreciate it!

05/26/2020

wiliam B.

They were very good. They followed up on their work and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced our system.

Work Completed On 11/14/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We're glad we provided A-rated service at your home! Thanks for choosing [Member Name Removed] Air!

05/22/2020

Dee G.

Eric was very professional and courteous and practiced safety by wearing gloves, boots and a mask during this pandemic.

Description of Work
Warrantied service

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Our team is working diligently and taking extra special precautions to keep our clients safe! We appreciate the A-rating!

05/14/2020

Hazel M.

Tech arrived early in the time window which was noon to six. He came before one! Very pleasant and professional. Didn't try to oversell me which was refreshing.

Description of Work
Check outthe AC

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We're glad we provided an A-rated experience at your home! Enjoy staying cool this summer and thanks for choosing Howard Air!

05/10/2020

Susan T.

Great! Technican was friendly and quickly got the job done. The repair work scheduled and completed the day of the call

Description of Work
AIr Conditioner Repair

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We're proud to have earned your A-rating and really appreciate your business! Have a great day!

05/01/2020

Vanessa J.

They were friendly, quick to respond, and on time. Price was fair and service was outstanding, technician was a pro. AC is blowing cold. Definitely calling them again.

Description of Work
Peak performance service

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] - we're so glad you gave our service this outstanding A-rating! We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and want to thank you for choosing Howard Air! Thanks again!

04/25/2020

RICHARD B.

Very well. Denis had a replacement in his truck and installed it in less than two hours. Nice to have cool air again.

Description of Work
AC blower fan motor stopped working

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the A-rating! We're so glad Denis did such a fantastic job so quickly for you! Thanks for choosing Howard Air!

04/14/2020

Denise G.

Don't hire just any HVAC contractor Trying to hire a quality HVAC company takes time. Between phone calls, meetings, research, and quotes, a lot of your valuable time is taken away. When my 20 year old HVAC started to fail, I made exhaustive phone calls, researched reporting bureau's, contacted Arizona Registrar of Contractors, and spoke with a dozen contractors. I was so glad, after all my hard work I came across Scott, with "Howard Air" Scott was professional in every sense of the word. Scott came out to my residence, gave my AC Unit and Duct work a thorough inspection, and provided me with a written estimate of the work that needed to be completed. My experience with "Howard Air" was exceptional, from my estimate to the completion of the job. On the day of my installation The entire team was very professional and addressed all our concerns. They made sure every precaution was taken to keep my home clean. The technicians were professional, knowledgeable, and kept me informed on their progress. They did a great job installing the unit. I highly recommend "Howard Air " if you want quality craftsmanship for your HVAC project.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC Unit

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

Thank you for this amazing review, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Howard Air!

04/09/2020

Norma R.

During this dificult times we were concerned about having people in the house. The entire team was very professional and addressed all our concerns. They did a great job installing the unit. The office, sales person and installation team were a real pleasure to work with. The price and warranty they offered was good. We interviewed 4 companies. Will definitely use them again because we have another unit that will probably need to be replaced in the near future.

Description of Work
Replaced AC unit, air handler, thermostat

Work Completed On 03/20/2020