Hays Cooling Heating & Plumbing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2014

24825 N 16th Ave # 115

Phoenix, AZ 85085

Hays Plumbing was built to provide residential and commercial customers a fresh option for all of their plumbing service, repair and installation needs within the Phoenix Valley....

05/19/2019

David P.

The tech thoroughly investigated the problem and determined the thermostat (9 years old) was kaput. He replaced it with an updated version of the Honeywell we had.

Description of Work
Repair AC. Ceased working.

01/02/2019

Lissa K.

It is now 1/2/19 and I have received no response to my inquiry on 12/18/18. Guess business must be so good that they can ignore a customer inquiry.

Description of Work
AC replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

My apologies the person that was taking care of Angie's list inquiries is no longer with us and I was not aware of a back in box. This is not how we run our business at all. I hope you have a wonderful day. Stacia Hays

10/11/2018

Derek C.

They are very good. They ordered a wrong part but they came back and fixed it. They do good work.

Description of Work
They changed all the fixtures in the bathroom.

07/27/2018

Mike S.

My tenant's AC went out. I called around to several companies, but only Hays was able to send someone same-day. This meant a lot to me, as this was for my tenants and I did not want to make them wait and suffer. Mark arrived right on time and within minutes found the problem. It was a burned out motor. It was late in the day, after 7pm and unfortunately he had used his last replacement motor on his previous call. Even though Mark thought it was a long shot that any other technicians were still out on the road, he called around. Lucky for me, he connected with his supervisor who was able to provide him with a replacement part and Mark was able to get the unit back in service. Mark was courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. He gave me some very good recommendations for improving the filter situation in the house and provided me with a follow up quote for getting the coils cleaned. Hey, nobody likes to shell out bucks for their AC unit, but all-in-all i feel their rates are reasonable. I give Mark and Hays Cooling high praise. Thanks for saving the day, guys!

Description of Work
replace motor on AC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to place this review it means a lot to us have a great weekend !!! Stacia

05/17/2018

Beka G.

They came in today, they are very honest. They give an estimate. They are very great guy and I am happy. They did not charge anything, they say when you open for yourself.

Description of Work
I have a leak in a tile of my house and I called them yesterday.

03/28/2018

Carole L.

Jared and Tony arrived as scheduled and worked quickly. I'd purchased the plumbing inspection, knowing I had some issues that needed attention and repair, and wondering if there were more I didn't know about. They were able to attend to all of those issues during this visit, plus give me advice about a larger future plumbing issue. Jared's advice was measured and thoughtful, presenting pros and cons of addressing this larger issue, which I appreciated. I thought that their per-job pricing was higher than I wanted, since these were simple repairs, but I agreed to the work since it needed done. I'm pleased with the results, even if I'm not pleased with their pricing system.

Description of Work
Full house plumbing inspection; cleared drains, replaced hose bib & irrigation back-flow preventer;

03/24/2018

Nicola P.

From the very first meeting with Jeff F, this AC unit replacement went as good as it could have gone. Jeff was extremely knowledgeable, responsive, and priced the work fairly. He worked with us to make sure we received a rebate from both Trane and APS. The crew arrived promptly at 7:00 on the appointed day, worked steadily until almost 5:00, cleaned up after themselves after the work was done. Chris Hays stopped by to check on the progress and stayed for a while as did Jeff F. At the end of a very long day, the foreman, Jack, walked us through the set-up of the electronic thermostat. At the end of the same week, Justin P came by to perform a quality control analysis to make sure the systems were working properly and that we were satisfied. Class act. These guys were great! Definitely made the right choice!

Description of Work
We replaced two 20-year old Trane AC units with 2 new Trane AC units. Added blow-in insulation to the attic.

03/16/2018

J.C. K.

It took a bit of doing but Mark and Tony were able to find the leak that had been brewing for 32 years and repair with minimum damage. We would never have thought to look in closet wall on first floor below upstairs bathroom. They called to let us know when they were coming and showed up on time. Cleaned up after the repair. Good job!

Description of Work
Leak hidden in wall

02/05/2018

Rhys T.

They did a very good job. I was very pleased. They are willing to do a lot of work and stand by their work. They work quickly and are very capable.

Description of Work
A/c install, water heater replacement

02/05/2018

Marley H.

They are incredible, you can't beat them. I have total confidence in the work they do.

Description of Work
Put in a new A/C unit and air handlers

02/01/2018

Carl M.

Fantastic job. They advised what the repair would be and the part needed and they went to Home Depot and bought the part for me at no additional charge and they flushed the hot water heater.

Description of Work
We wanted our hot water heater checked.

08/14/2017

Stephanie S.

I called several companies and Hays was the most professional and offered the best pricing. They were the only company who realized our house was oversized on the outdoor unit, and undersized with the duct work. They did a heat load calculation to find the appropriate size as well. Our house is more efficiently cooling and not running nearly as much as before. They have been out a handful of times before install and after, and have been on time and called beforehand by at least 30 minutes to give me ample notice. Also, Hays is the only company I found that offers a temporary ac unit while you wait for a new unit to be installed. This was a complete life saver for us since our compressor was going out! Truly, they have been beyond wonderful to work with and we will never use anyone else moving forward!!!

Description of Work
Complete split heat pump replacement

11/30/2016

Laura P.

Frank was very helpful and went above and beyond in his work. The office staff was great about scheduling and keeping us updated on arrival times, etc.

Description of Work
Tuned up our AC units and replaced a faulty part in one of them.

08/04/2016

Rebecca S.

I had several bad plumbing experiences so I really looked at several companies on Angie's List and decided between Hays and another provider who had a big deal for 2 hours of service for a set price. Both seemed to have incredible reviews and I felt that I couldn't go wrong with either choice. I called Hays first for their first available time frame and was able to get an appointment for the same day. However, in hindsight, I feel that I made the wrong decision. Since my jobs were of a plumbing 101 nature, it only took the technician about an hour to actual complete the labor (not including time to show him what needed to be done). However, Hays charges PER JOB, and not actual time. I believe that a charge of close to $500.00 for what needed to be done and length of time to compete the items was a little excessive. I definitely would have been better off with the 2 hours of plumbing labor for the $132.00. In addition, the previous plumber left a slight drip under the sink where they broke the new faucet which Hays was to replace. Upon looking at it, the Hays plumber said that I don't need the red washers that were on it and that is why it was leaking. He said one was on backwards and the other wasn't needed at all. He took them off and said that it was fine. Later that afternoon, I went back to clean the bathroom and noticed that it was still leaking. I dug the washers out from the trash, replaced them and was able to get the leak to finally stop myself. The tech was pleasant and seemed to be knowledgeable and the appointment was easy to make and they were on time. Other than thinking he had fixed the leak that really wasn't fixed, my main gripe was charges. If you have simple installations (replacing a new faucet on new counter with no existing faucet to take out, flushing water heater etc) do yourself a favor, save some money and go for the fixed price plumber.

Description of Work
Replacement faucet installed that previous plumber broke. Angle stop replaced. Garden tub pop up drain installed Hot water heater flushed

05/13/2016

Omer W.

I had a problem with a hot water heater at a small apartment complex I own. I diagnosed the problem and I obtained the part; a small safety device. And to preserve the warranty on the hot water heater I was told it had to be installed by a "licensed" service person. I called a couple of other plumbers and got a good idea of the cost to install the part which was anywhere from $90 to $110. Since Hays had done good work for me previously one time, I called them again. I was told on the phone that they wouldn't quote me a fee, but that they'd be glad to come out and provide an estimate. I couldn't be there so I asked my wife to meet the serviceman. She did. He installed the part and handed her a bill for $175! Almost twice what other shops charge! So I called to complain and was told there was no one to speak with but that someone would call me back. The call never came. So Hays has gotten the last of my money. In my opinion they have 1) over-charged me, 2) taken advantage of wife, and 3) disrespected me by not bothering to call back. In short, they have earned the bad name that service companies in this business have.

Description of Work
The serviceman installed a part in my hot water heater

Category water heater repair

03/25/2016

Gennaro G.

Professional, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I have multiple properties and have gone through many plumbers over the years because most have not been proficient and unprofessional. This is the first time I used Hays and was very happy with them.

Description of Work
Installed a new cartridge in the tub on/off handle & replace the shower tub diverter.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future plumbing or drain cleaning needs. We also have a Handyman company on Angie's List. Arizona Maintenance Service. Thank you

03/16/2016

Annette H.

I was pleased that the service man came on Saturday. He then returned on Monday to finish the job. He was prompt and very professional

Description of Work
They did a complete rebuilt for three bathrooms

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future plumbing or drain cleaning needs. We also have a Handyman company, Arizona Maintenance Service, on Angie's List as well.

03/07/2016

Charmain L.

Mike Davison performed the work. He arrived on time and completed the work quickly. The cost was very reasonable. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Changed the pipes under the sink and removed and replaced a spigot outside on a rental home repair.

03/02/2016

Tim K.

Had my two 20 year old AC units checked by Jerry S. of Hays Cooling. It was really refreshing to have someone performing service that was not trying to sell me something I did not need. Jerry was very thorough and methodical. He didn't mind me hovering around and asking questions as he was performing his various checks. Although the AC tune-ups were $80 per unit, I decided to sign-up for an annual service contract ($260) that provides for two service checks for each unit in a 12-month period, because I was so impressed with the service provided.

Description of Work
Performed an AC tune-up on two units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for nay future HVAC, Plumbing, or Handyman projects.

02/17/2016

Bill N.

The whole experience couldn't have been better. It started yesterday with Laurie, very friendly and proficient, scheduling me for the first call today. I received an email yesterday with a picture of the plumber coming and his bio. Mike came on time this morning and was extremely personable. He quoted me a fair price for the job and finished in a timely manner. From start to finish, I couldn't be more pleased!

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom drain assembly

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future plumbing or drain cleaning needs. We also have a Handyman company, Arizona Maintenance Service, that is also a member of Angie's List.

02/01/2016

Teresa W.

Mike, who did the install representing Hays Plumbing and Drain, was efficient, professional, and punctual. He performed all work with a smile and did an outstanding job. I would not hesitate to recommend both Mike and Hays Plumbing and Drain to anyone who needs plumbing work performed at a competitive price.

Description of Work
Outside faucet installation.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future plumbing or drain cleaning needs. We also have a Handyman service, Arizona Maintenance Service, that is also a member of Angie's List

01/09/2016

Holly M.

Person was friendly and professional. He showed me the part that was worn out that caused the dripping and showed me the proper way to turn off the water to prevent this from happening in the future. He also gave me a quote to replace a toilet.

Description of Work
fixed a dripping faucet and replaced a worn out part

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future plumbing and drain cleaning needs. We also have a Handyman Company, Arizona Maintenance Service.

12/20/2015

Karen C.

Bill diagnosed problem as a blown capacitor. Changed the capacitor and A/C is back working. Cost $140, so saved over $600

Description of Work
A/C in casita stopped working. Was told I needed a new a/c motor by one of the major HVAC vendors at a cost of $800 . Bill Schwegman from Hays came out for a second opinion.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future HVAC, Plumbing or Handyman needs.

10/30/2015

David A.

Quick, competent repairs and good advice on 50 year old plumbing problems.

Description of Work
Replaced two hose bibs and 3 angle stops; tightened toilet to floor and advised on other plumbing issues.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future plumbing or drain needs.

10/01/2015

Frank M.

Hays was very responsive and very prompt. I would have given them a straight A on all matters, since they were also dedicated to handling the problem. On Friday (early April) they sent a fellow who worked for 2 hours but could not clear the line. Curiously he arrived with only one cutter for the 2-cutter rooter. He said his boss would come early Saturday to continue. Ian worked hard for about 2 hours - a very personable guy. We talked nearly the whole time. He came with both cutter blades. The clogged was cleared. The free photo inspection ran into a block so the camera could not go all the way. Ian said there was likely another block and he couldn't warranty the work. He recommended hydro pressure. But he did not come with the hydro pressure equipment so that would have to be scheduled next week. Since the water was flowing well, I decided to postpone that. The flow has been fine ever since - I did not purchase the hydro treatment - about $400. Instead I bought a Roebic root treatment for $18 on Amazon and applied that in July. Thus far there have been no problems. The company worked the pricing with integrity, and offered me some discounts in addition to the one I asked for. So, overall, excellent experience, at a fine price, but with a couple of oddities. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Cleared main line clog

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please call us again for any future plumbing or drain cleaning needs.