FREELITE INC

Founded 1977 • With Angi since October 2004

FREELITE Inc offers an easy, pressure-free experience for replacing the windows or doors on your Phoenix area home. Our team has been providing industry-leading window, door, and skylight products and expert installation services for over 30 years. The company was founded in Tucson in 1977. Our core values have remained the same over the many years in operation. We have always used a simple, transparent, and hassle-free approach when selling and installing windows, doors, and skylights. This approach is likely why a large portion of our projects come from referrals. FREELITE Inc is proud to be a Milgard 5-Star Diamond Dealer. We have been recognized as Dealer of the Year, and have also received the GuildQuality Master Award and the Angies List Super Service award. Our rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is A+. Call us today at (602) 233-1981 for your free consultation! Or visit us at 331 W McDowell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85003....

A Service Provider's profile image

+19 more images

window replacement (58)skylight installation (21)egress window (1)door installation (17)woodworking (3)stucco (2)carpet cleaning (2)interior painting (1)house painting (1)

01/23/2021

Phillip S.

The folks at Freelite are top notch. They were extremely thourough in their quotes, what was to be installed and how much it would cost. We had a few surprises along the way, with once the older skylights were removed and how they were originally mounted but Freelite immediately identified the problem, sent out a manager and they came up with a solution to the continue the install. WE ARE HAPPY AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

Description of Work
We had 7 skylights updated with solar blinds

Category carpet cleaners, skylights

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

Review for FREELITE INC - 331 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ - 39152205

11/12/2020

Lisa K.

The service was great. The guys were friendly. They work fast and efficient.

Description of Work
Repair the skylight.

Category skylights

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

10/28/2020

Brad C.

Great company... small glitch in the measurement area but the company took accountability and made things right. I would definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
Install windows

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

02/26/2020

David M.

Bid and schedule process well done. Installation team was prompt and professional. Very pleased with overall experience and would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Replace acrylic skylights

Category replacement windows, skylights

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! I appreciate your taking the time to comment on your experience with FREELITE. Chip Marvin, President

05/29/2018

Rachel S.

EXCELLENT. This is a company that does excellent work and really cares about customers. I've always been pleased with the work that was done and there have been no leaks or problems the entire time. I asked the owner Chip if he would check them out when I was out of town recently, because something set off my security alarm when I was gone and I recalled seeing something on the skylight right before the trip with no time to investigate. I was afraid the skylight broke. However, nothing was wrong with the skylight (except something that came off when he wiped it clean). Chip was glad to investigate, he took and emailed me pictures, and saw that the installation was exactly as it was when he installed it 9 years ago. There was no charge for the visit, and I could not be more grateful for his concern and customer support. While the VELUX skylights last for 20 years and more, there is an improved product on the market since I purchased mine 9 years ago. When I upgrade them I will most definitely go to Freelite Inc. They can be counted on for an excellent product, excellent installation, and excellent customer service. And they are so nice about it!

Description of Work
Installed skylights 9 years ago (reasonable price) and checked them recently (no cost).

Category replacement windows, skylights

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

09/10/2017

Joe D.

Overall I am happy with my purchase and my experience with Freelite. My only critical feedback is that there were a few issues with three of the windows. One slider was missing a screen, one of the casements was stuck and wouldn't operate and another casement was scraped up on the bottom edge, showing a lot of white color rather than the durable long lasting espresso finish! This was very disappointing to discover. There was no follow up by Freelite after my windows were installed and I waited about a week until I called and told them about the issues with the windows. Rather than send someone out, they said I had to go through the manufacture and there was a bit of back and forth before I scheduled to have someone come out. All the issues were resolved by the manufacturing rep in one visit but I was a little surprised at Freelite's initial unresponsiveness. After the problems were corrected I expected to receive a final invoice but didn't for about a month until I received a phone call requesting final payment. The accounting rep was very nice but I felt awkward that so much time was passed. I had to remind them about the Angie's list discount but they honored it, so don't be shy to ask! Again, I have a positive view of Freelite and their product but did want to pass along my experience. Thanx.

Description of Work
I had all the windows replaced in my house, 9 windows total. It is a 1955 slump block ranch, so not very architecturally distinctive but I did want to keep the look of the casement windows. The salesman Josh came to my house when I was first pricing them in 2014 and again this year (2017). I had Josh cost out a number of options in an effort to meet my budget and he was very responsive in running through several scenarios. I should have pulled the trigger on this purchase in 2014 because window prices have increased about 20 - 30% since the original quotes I received. Not just from Freelite but other suppliers/installers as well. I selected the Milgard Ultra Series (fiberglass) because Josh said they hold their color and don't fade like vinyl windows. I get a lot of morning and afternoon sun. Rather than replace all the windows as casements I chose to install new casements in the front only and went with sliders on the side and back of the house. This saved me about $7,000. The total project cost (installed) was $10,580, which includes a 10% Angie's List discount that Freelite honored.

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

Review for FREELITE INC - 331 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ - 36208474

02/10/2016

Carla D.

Great experience. Fair estimate.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate. Appreciated the professionalism and that I could visit their actual store location and see their floor display of windows, but did not go with them as our kitchen remodel contractor ended up doing the 3 windows we needed replacing.

Work Completed On 01/01/2014

02/08/2016

Gerry B.

We decided to select another dealer and installation company who had an equally high rating, but had a lower price for a nearly identical product. Everyone we spoke to and worked with at Freelite were exceptionally friendly and professional. We would have selected them if not for our tight budget. Many of our neighbors used them and recommended Freelite, which is why we are disappointed our budget didn't allow us to select them.

Description of Work
Window replacement quote.

Work Completed On 01/12/2016

11/30/2015

Robert M.

The doors are beautiful. There were some cosmetic issues I noticed after they were installed and Angie made sure everything was completed to my satisfaction. Doors are doors: you can get them anywhere. Good customer service is rare. Freelite is an A+ example of how it should work.

Description of Work
replaced exterior doors

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 11/30/2015

09/21/2015

Barbara M.

They are excellent. They are a great company.

Description of Work
We used Freelite, Inc. for front door replacement. We’ve used them for years for windows and doors.

Category doors

Work Completed On 04/01/2015

07/26/2015

William B.

There were a couple of delays beyond their control; otherwise, they provided a good product as well as good workmanship during the installation

Description of Work
We purchased closet doors for 2 bedrooms and a barn door--they also installed their products

Work Completed On 07/17/2015

03/30/2015

Virginia C.

I feel upset that they did not replace the whole skylight. The problem is not obviously resolved & it needs to be with my one year warranty. I don't think the tape around it is satisfactory. I have been told my skylight in the hallway needs replaced, but I'm scared to have them do anything about it with my experience with them so far.

Description of Work
I had a golf ball that went through my skylight & I had it replaced with a new one. This was in my master bathroom. Since then they have been out one time on 3/20/15 to take a look. It makes a popping noise all the time for no reason. It makes it difficult for me to sleep. I do have a one year warranty on it. When they came out this last time they just placed tape around it, but the problem is not resolved.

Category skylights

Work Completed On 05/09/2014

[Member name removed] has old, self-flashing skylights installed on a tile roof. To avoid expensive roof work, we changed out the (broken) domes only. However, the design of her skylight frames has no gaskets -- the acrylic domes rub directly on the aluminum -- and, consequently, they make a popping sound when the acrylic expands and contracts due to a change in temperature. we have been out recently to assess the situation and have quoted her the option of having new skylights, with gaskets, installed.

11/18/2014

Connie B.

What a pleasant experience we had dealing with Freelite for our new windows! We got several estimates and Freelite was not the cheapest bid, but once we visited their showroom to get all our questions answered and to actually see the windows they suggested, we knew we were making the right choice in going with Freelite. And once the install was completed we were even more certain we made the right choice. Freelite initially gave us a bid and did the measurements; before the job started they came again to re-measure. When the windows arrived and it was time to start the job, Freelite personnel came as scheduled and worked every day until the job was done. There was a lot of "extra" work to be done - removal of exterior electric security screens and installation of new (and additional) trim around the new windows. The installers were all friendly and efficient and answered any questions we had as the job progressed. Everything was done to perfection from beginning to end. We LOVE our new Milgard windows - they are so easy to open and they are far more energy efficient than the windows they replaced. We would have no hesitation in recommending Freelite to anyone needing new windows.

Description of Work
Replaced all 19 windows in our home

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

10/30/2014

Brad C.

The entire experience was very good from start to finsih. The sales team, front office and install team all seemed to care about the order and handled the transaction very well. The install team showed up on time, was very efficient and cleaned up the site when they were done. I would definetly use FreeLite again.

Description of Work
Replaced all the windows in a townhouse.

Work Completed On 09/25/2014

06/16/2014

Jen M.

This company was awesome to work with. The best part of the experience was they exceeded my expectations after we had contracted. We ordered windows that were involved and took longer than normal to manufacture. Freelite went out of their way to keep my informed and get the windows installed as soon at they arrived here in Phoenix. We love the windows and they are worth every cent we spent. I have used this company previously and both times the experience was great. There are a lot of window companies here in the valley but these guys provide a great service, great ideas, and great prices. I am really happy I got to work with this company I wish more contractors were like these guys. Thanks you!

Description of Work
Installed new windows in addition we added to our home. Also have us a price for new windows in the rest of house.

Work Completed On 05/17/2014

Review for FREELITE INC - 331 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ - 8583390

04/29/2014

Lisa S.

Freelite gave us the best price of three bids received. The installation was done on the date promised and was done to the highest level of craftsmanship. The installers had to cut the old window out of the stucco and when they replaced the window, did an excellent job sealing up all gaps and replacing the stucco exactly as it was when they started. It was a pleasure dealing with a company that really cares about customer service and quality work.

Description of Work
Replaced a large window with a top of the line dual paned vinyl window

Category replacement windows, stucco

Work Completed On 04/10/2014

03/25/2014

Keith W.

Based on their reviews, I chose this company to provide a quote for replacement of all windows in my house. Scheduling the appointment was quick and easy, and worked with my schedule. The estimator arrived promptly at the scheduled time and took the required measurements. He showed me the product that would be used and answered any questions that I had. I received the estimate within 48 hours, which was very fast. In the end, I went with a different company based on price, but would definitely consider using them again or recommending them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for windows

Work Completed On 03/06/2014

03/04/2014

Lorne J.

There never responded. A courtesy reply that they were not interested would have been nice.

Description of Work
Reached out to them via Angie's Message Service to ask for an in-home consult on a small Window replace - Patio Door install.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/21/2014

[member name removed], I apologize that you weren't contacted. Normally we're very prompt about getting back to people but somehow your inquiry slipped through the cracks... Please contact me personally if you'd still like a quote on a door. Chip Marvin, President

01/03/2014

Donald K.

We ordered a custom garden window for our kitchen. Freelite had one of the best prices we could find, with a quality build that we wanted. The window came in on time and was exactly what we had hoped for. The only thing I can say against the whole process was they didn't really seem prepared to have us pick up such a large window on our own. Their warehouse worker was a young man without any backup. Together we wrestled it into our pickup truck, but it wasn't the most professional experience I've had. Other than that, all A's!

Description of Work
Built a custom garden window.

Work Completed On 12/23/2013

12/02/2013

KATHLEEN F.

Everything went smoothly. Workers were efficient and professional. Cleanup went well and per contract. No delays. Everything started and finished on time in one day.

Description of Work
We called and they replied immediately with a date for an estimate. I liked that they made their own windows so we went with them. Three large windows (aluminum frames that matched our trim) and a half round was installed--dual-paned to the front of our home. It was a custom order.

Work Completed On 02/01/2012

10/14/2013

Daniel S.

We talked to a number of companies about installing windows before we talked with Freelite. Their service and responsiveness were first class throughout (if anything, they under-promised and over-delivered.) The price for the job was extremely competitive, and products were delivered and installed as ordered. The installers were extremely professional, starting and finishing on time and cleaning up after themselves. The job was done, glitch-free, in less than a day.

Description of Work
Installation of new thermal pane windows throughout most of our house.

Work Completed On 08/14/2013

10/02/2013

Claire G.

The installers arrived on time. They were professionally attired. The work was done well and they finished in the time that I was told would be required. They removed all old windows and cleaned up the work area.

Description of Work
Replaced windows

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

09/09/2013

H Martin C.

The provider's representative was personable and professional. NOTE: I did not select this provider. Nonetheless, I might have except for cost.

Description of Work
The provider came to the house and made an evaluation and provided an estimate.