Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2007

1911 West Parkside Lane

Phoenix, AZ 85027

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a full-service plumbing company that has been offering, not just Phoenix plumbing services, but plumbing services across the entire Valley for over 30 years. Our plumbing services cover all areas including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sun City, Peoria, Glendale and most other areas in the valley. We are family owned and operated, this makes us better equipped to handle the problems associated to your households plumbing. All our Technicians are background checked and drug tested so you don't have to worry who is coming into your home....

03/10/2021

Thomas C.

I bought a water heater from these guys in May 2017 for $3896, which included a 50 gallon hybrid unit with 12 year parts/labor warranty and 12 heater flushes. The franchise I purchased this time went out of business and no other Ben Franklin franchise will honor this agreement. Now I am out at least $1,000 and will have to pay (another company) for future service. Customers should be aware that individual Ben Franklin franchises are not standing behind the company's name and commitments. Think twice about extended service agreements.

Description of Work
Service/reflushing of water water

11/27/2017

Ari S.

Called for a waterline leak, that I had already confirmed the location of and needed to get repaired so it would not continue to leak. Instead of sending a crew to repair, sent a "plumber"/sales guy that said it would be 4 days before a crew could come out to repair, and would likely be 1500 to 2500 for a whole new line. I was still charged the $49 service fee even though the guy did nothing. Had a real plumber come out, repaired the line no problem for 250. Never use these guys

Description of Work
Waterline repair

06/15/2017

Steven W.

It's a big outfit. They were very good. They are an "A" across the board. They do a really good job and I am happy with them.

Description of Work
They came out to do a water heater flush and inspection.

Category water heater repair

11/23/2016

Bob S.

Inspected hot water heater and solar panels. Flushed tank and checked voltage levels. Service man, Chris, took his time and explained what he was doing. Honored the $25 Angie's list coupon so service call was $44 instead of $69.

Description of Work
10-yr service on our solar hot water system

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/31/2016

joe P.

I didn't realize, until after the installation was done, that I could have purchased & had them install the Water Heater, so ended up choosing a somewhat expensive 10 Warranty with them. I did have them come back for a service call, in order to set the temp of the heater, to a lower setting, service was prompt & efficient.

Description of Work
Electric Hot Water Heater was replaced, as they provided a replacement unit.

Category water heater repair

11/22/2015

Bridget P.

Great. Danny is a master plumber very experienced and professional. We had been told by another plumber that it could only be fixed by making a big hole in wall to access it. The prices of Benjamin Franklin are on the high side but it was worth it to us.

Description of Work
He fixed a leaking faucet in our whirlpool bathtub. He replaced cartridges in both hot and cold faucets along with other parts.

05/02/2015

Dennis H.

The plumber arrived on time, and completed his work in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Replaced my 5-stage R/O filter.

03/16/2015

Mark P.

I had never been impressed with a plumbing company, or a plumber for that matter, before using Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. The plumbers that came out displayed complete professionalism, were friendly, personable and kept me involved in every decision that needed to be made. Their attention to detail was amazing to watch and the condition they left everything when they were done was just as impressive. If they are indicative of the quality of employees at this company, then they have done an outstanding job of hiring and training. They definitely have a winning company standard.

Description of Work
Cleaned drains, replaced piping, new fixtures

03/05/2015

John D.

They're fast to go and easy to work with.

Description of Work
I'm using Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber.

02/09/2015

Jacqueline L.

I left a message with the provider to call me back since I felt the price of the service was extremely high. For 20 minutes of repair work to replace a $10 ring they charged me $320. This price was accessed before even taking the toilet out which I am not used to. Services like this are not not a flat rate on the east coast but on what they access when they come into your home. So generally you would pay for the service call, the part and the time it took to repair and replace the parts to get the toilet in working order. I never got a callback therefore I posting on here. I know a charge for this would be around $120 which would be a little high but I was hoping that I could get resolution. Due to the fact that I had other services and they had to come back again and again, I will no longer use the provider due to poor service.

Description of Work
Replaced seal on toilet.

12/30/2014

Kevin F.

No problems, other than I did request that the installer leave with me the user manual for the system and he forgot to and did not sent it upon a subsequent request.

Description of Work
Replaced RO system.

12/25/2014

Ned C.

It went well. Holidays are a bad time for things to go wrong and the fellow that came out was an hour early and got it done right away. Christmas saved.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the drainage. Of course it stopped on Christmas. The fellow who came out was great. Highly recommend this company.

11/14/2014

Marianne S.

I felt they really didn’t give me any choices when they originally did the work. I had to call them back later and told them it still wasn’t draining they told me it would be another service call fee, I declined. I called another the plumber who found the plunger was coated with junk, which he cleaned and that service was only $40 and its worked ever since then.

Description of Work
They were offering a $79 drain special cleaning and they replaced the water heater. They checked the plumbing and told me there was no water standing and i'd been having issue with my drains draining very slowly. They told me they'd have to dig and see what was wrong. They busted the clay pipe and told me it was a root that was causing the issues. For $4100 they replaced the pipe and gave us a warranty and the new water heather was $1500.

10/22/2014

Barbara T.

He was very thorough and polite. He even cleared a slow bathroom sink drain and unclogged the calcium from my shower head. He didn't have any of the dye tabs to check for toilet leaks but assured me I had none. He recommended some rather expensive upgrades but I expect to move and wasn't interested. I might have felt otherwise if I know I was going to stay. All in all, I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Checked all the faucets, drains, water lines & connections; he drained the water heater and used a camera line to check the all drains including the sewer in and out lines at the front of the home.

10/08/2014

Anthony B.

Great. The tech rep Danny Fontana was definitely a Master Plumber. He replaced the part in 5 minutes, noticed it was still slightly leaking and replaced it again. Total work time 20 minutes. Danny is a BEN Frank guy and promotes the company and their promotions. My problem was the price. Yes, It was a Sunday emergency; but to charge 233.00 to replace a 12.99 is ________. You fill it in. A.L. can't print my answer. The problem is the state of AZ does not regulate any of these type of companies. In Ben Frank (favor ?), any other plumber would have charged the same. The only saving grace was the leak was fixed by a ACE plumber.

Description of Work
Replaced a12.99 cylinder in a bathtub faucet. You ad says 5% off for A.L. Members and 5% of for seniors. You failed to mention that doesn't apply to weekend or emergency calls

09/19/2014

Diane B.

My system did not qualify for the tune up.

Description of Work
Came to my home and told me my system did not qualify for the deal that I paid for.

09/12/2014

Stanley F.

The service was excellent. The technician did exactly what he was told and then asked if he could help out in any other way and then did so at no additional charge. He answered any questions I had. I would use them for future plumbing.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $79 for a reverse-osmosis system tune-up.

09/09/2014

Jennifer F.

The serviceman was punctual, personable and explained and answered all of my questions. He even checked the water softener system which I wasn't expecting. We used this same company a few years ago and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
cleaned and sanitized the osmosis system and changed the filters

09/08/2014

Theresa S.

Robert worked extra hard to get drain cleared. Left no mess.

Description of Work
Cleaned drain in laundry room

09/02/2014

Doris F.

Everything went fine! I just thought their price was a bit high compared to what other companies had quoted me.

Description of Work
They replaced the whole ROI system.

08/19/2014

Mel P.

I have had issues with this type of Big Deal in the past. Before I made the purchase, I contacted the provider to see if they could service the type of unit I had and I was assured that they could. When the tech came out, he said that they in fact do not service the type of unit I have. I find this to be frustrating so I have contacted Angie's List in order to get a refund of the Big Deal purchase.

Description of Work
This was a Big Deal purchase for $79 for a Reverse-Osmosis System Tune-Up.

08/03/2014

Sidney H.

Technician was prompt, polite, and efficient. He explained how the water filter system worked and recommended annual maintenance.

Description of Work
Provider replaced filters on reverse osmosis water filter and cleaned the tank.

07/16/2014

Mary Jane T.

I felt like Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - The Punctual Plumber was trying to upsell me on things I didn't need, and on the one project I needed done, they told me if it broke while they were working on it, I would have to take responsibility for it and it would end up costing me $200. I was not willing to pay this, and I'm now looking for a replacement deal on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - The Punctual Plumber came out to look at a drain that had been clogging.

Category plumbing, septic tank, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

07/14/2014

Craig P.

The plumber who came from this provider arrived promptly and was most courteous and professional in his demeanor and work ethic. He promptly solved the issue (the pinhole leak in the water pipe which had caused us to turn off the water supply to the house) and replaced the garden hose spigot quickly and cleanly. He also suggested a couple of other items which could optionally benefit us by their replacement. It was obvious by his quick and clean work that he was more than prepared to do what needed to be done. No complaints about the work done or the time spent doing it. He cleaned up all debris created by the repair. My only discomfort was with the pricing. $221 to replace the garden house spigot and repair the pipe along with $123 to remove the stucco around the pipe to make room to do the repair. Even with the 5% discount coupon from Angies list the total was as shown above. It just seems a bit much. The price schedule is of course set by the owner.

Description of Work
Replaced and outside garden hose spigot (could not unscrew to replace worn washer ), replaced copper tubing with a pinhole leading to spigot. Remove some outside stucco wall to be able to find the pinhole leak.

04/25/2014

Jay K.

The reverse osmosis system service was done well. The plumber was on time, courteous, completed the procedure timely and correctly, and left the area the way he found it. I had also asked, in advance, to have the plumber look at my gas water heater, since the pilot light wouldn't stay lit. I had this happen once before and was sure it was the same issue--the thermocouple needed to be replaced. The plumber checked the water heater and said that there was no gas going through the valve, so the valve had to be replaced, not the thermocouple. The cost would be nearly $500.00. He also started discussing the cost of a new water heater, given the high cost of the repair. I was sure that he was wrong, so I declined service on the water heater and contacted the company the next day and asked for someone else to come out. Another service call with another plumber was scheduled, and I was told that due to the problem with the first plumber, there would be no trip charge. After I provided a brief explanation, the second plumber confirmed my suspicion and replaced the thermocouple. The second plumber was on-site for 20 minutes, start to finish. A 24-inch thermocouple costs $8.00 at Lowe's. I was charged $120.00 for the visit by the second plumber (the reverse osmosis service was paid for separately). If I'd also had to pay the trip charge, the cost would have been that much higher. I completed a survey sent out by the company. Someone attempted to call me to discuss this experience, but when I tried to reach the person, I had to leave a voicemail and subsequently received no response.

Description of Work
I had the reverse osmosis system serviced (disinfected and filters replaced). I also had the thermocouple on my water heater replaced.

Complete Water Systems LLC

Complete Water Systems LLC is family owned & operated. Providing a complete array of Whole Home Water Treatment Products (Reverse Osmosis systems / Water Softeners / Whole Home Filtration / Salt Free Conditioners / Bacteria Removal UV Systems and more) Offering Sales – Service – Maintenance – Parts – Filters Serving Phoenix Arizona and metropolitan area We provide the Highest Quality Components such as Clack - Fleck - Autotrol - Ultima - Vortech- Hydronix - Vertex and much more Made in the USA & systems assembled right here in Arizona

Select Source Water

Select Source Water prides itself on educating the public on the water quality. We specialize in Water Softeners, Water Conditioners and Alkaline drinking systems. Select Source Water is a Veteran owned and has been in business since 2014. We strive to have %100 satisfaction on a daily basis. This company was built and ran with old fashion qualities that just are not found today. Our Platinum series systems are known for their superior quality. We offer the largest filtration system on the market for the same price you will pay for a smaller 5 stage with other businesses.

Water Heaters Plus

200353
    Arizona
    Registrar of Contractors
    10/31/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

IRRIGATION SPRINKLER HEADS, POOL PUMPS, FIRE SPRINKLERS

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber

How is Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber overall rated?

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber open?

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber is open:

Sunday: 12:00 AM - 12:00 PM

What payment options does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber provide

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offer free estimates?

Yes, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offers free project estimates.

Does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offer a senior discount?

Yes, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offers a 5% senior discount.

Does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offer emergency services?

Yes, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber?

Yes, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offers warranties.

What services does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offer?

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber offers the following services: We do anything and everything related to the delivery of water into your home and all drain related work. Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters, R/O Systems, Water Filtration, Kitchen Faucets, Toilets, Sinks, Garbage Disposals, Shower Heads, Repipes, Valves, Insta-Hot Water Dispenser, Drains, Cleanouts, Hot Water Recirc Pumps, Water Softeners, Toilet Fill Valves, Washer Hoses, Leaks, Sewer Line Replacement, Hose Bibbs/Spigots, Gas Lines, Water/Yard Services, Drain Line Stoppages, Sink Faucets

Are there any services Benjamin Franklin Plumbing The Punctual Plumber does not offer?

IRRIGATION SPRINKLER HEADS, POOL PUMPS, FIRE SPRINKLERS