Arizona Maintenance Services

With Angi since November 2014

24825 N 16th Ave # 115

Phoenix, AZ 85085

Arizona Maintenance Service is a Handyman repair and maintenance company with an experienced technical staff on hand to swiftly solve virtually any challenge you may have at your home. We are licensed to do Minor Home Repairs. ROC 301962...

05/23/2017

Mary B.

They called immediately after I purchased deal. Person I spoke with did not have knowledge of how Angie's list purchase worked. He said he would check & get back to me. Never heard from them. I sent 2 messages & never heard back.

Description of Work
Painting of 1 wall in bedroom.

Category handyman service, interior painters

10/27/2016

Margaret C.

Perfectly. Work was done well and fast. Very pleased

Description of Work
After hot water heater burst we needed wet drywall replaced, taped and painted along with trim work replaced

03/10/2016

J Philip M.

We used this company to have a ceiling fan installed which was done promptly and without issue. The person who installed it (Patrick) talked up the company and all the things they do. We always need handyman work so we thought we had found a great resource. A couple of weeks later, we called to have them give us the costs for having a tile back splash put in our kitchen and a bath tub conversion to a walk in shower. The person who answered (receptionist) said they do this "all the time". Two days later, "Lee" came to the house to give us an estimate. He spent about 45 minutes measuring and said that "Patrick" would do the work by he would assist him. He talked up Patrick's tile setting abilities and said how great and fast he is. He said he would give us the estimate three days later, after he and Patrick worked it up. No estimate a week later so we called for a status. Receptionist said Lee would call us back. Lee called several hours later. Now the story was that Patrick had to come back to the house to look at the job and measure and work up the estimate. It's now four days later and no call from Patrick. They wasted our time. We won't be using the company again for anything.

Description of Work
First job was to install a ceiling fan. Then asked them to give us a price for converting a tub to a walk in shower and to install a tile back splash in kitchen.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

We apologize that Patrick was not able to speak with you. Unfortunately he tried 3 times and all 3 times he received a notice that your voicemail was full, and it was not accepting messages. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

02/05/2016

Nikki C.

Patrick is terrific. He can do anything and is easy to work with. He easily accomplished my list of tasks.

Description of Work
Replaced supply lines on three toilets, modified equipment in tanks to eliminate water running, cleaned dryer vent, snaked one toilet, tightened all cabinet doors, made faucet in shower easier to operate.

Category handyman service, plumbing, drain cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

02/05/2016

LoveJoy A.

It was a very great experience. I like them very much and I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They came out and provided 4 hours of handy man maintenance.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any future projects.

01/18/2016

Julie D.

Patrick, the guy assigned to our project, changed out three ceiling fans, dropped a fan into a room without a fan/light (had to wire for the electrical), change out a sliding glass door for one that has the miniblinds between the panes of glass), changed out two bathroom faucets (redid the plumbing as it was original to the when the house was built in 1992), changed out the kitchen faucet, dropped the wires behind the mounted TV, replaced the exhaust fan in the bathroom. After the last appointment in November, I noticed that the bathroom lighting (in both bathrooms) was not installed properly. The fixtures were not attached to the wall totally. I had to call and schedule another appointment, where he was available six weeks later. The office called to confirm the appointment the day before at 2:00 p.m. Thee hours later, after business hours, Patrick texts me and tells me that he won't be coming out the next day, because he has plans. He was supposed to be coming out the Saturday of a three-day weekend. So I call the office right away to explain my concerns, and I get the answering service. He continues to text me and see if I am available on another weekend, which, due to our schedule, we were not. I call the office on the next business day, and am told that he can come out in 3 weeks. There isn't anything thyr can do, the woman on the phone didn't apologize, and she seemed upset that I was having an issue with Patrick. The office service started fine at the beginning and got increasingly unprofessional as our interactions went on. While the work that Patrick did complete was good, it took over 6 weeks to get everything done. He spent a lot of time trashing the guys that the company was sending him to work with , and making "yippy" noises at our dogs each time he came into the room. Over the course of the five times he came out to do the original work he rescheduled three times and was a no-show twice. Taking time off work and getting ridiculous texts from him as cancellations caused us lots of frustration. We ended up hiring another company to fix the work that he didn't complete. Started off with a promising bunch of services and good prices, but ended up three months later and still not finished.

Description of Work
Change out 3 fans, install 1 fan, change out 3 faucets, replace broken exhaust fan in bathroom, replace sliding glass door, replace bathroom lighting, and hide wires behind mounted tv.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors

We sincerely apologize for the scheduling problems you incurred. If you still have items that need to be addressed, we would be happy to send out a different handyman at no charge to you.

01/09/2016

Holly M.

He helped it somewhat as it doesn't droop as much. Also had him look at some kitchen cabinets and tile on the wall. When I called back later this person who came out and gave me a quote was no longer with the company. I had another person come out and he gave me a much higher quote and I didn't end up using them for this

Description of Work
helped to repair a drooping shower rod

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

12/29/2015

Nikki C.

Because of the age of the toilets, the project presented some challenges. Patrick did a terrific job, explaining what he was doing and some of the challenges he was facing. He made some recommendations along the way, which I greatly appreciated. He had a great attitude and sense of humor. I will definitely have Patrick back to do other projects.

Description of Work
replaced the working components in the tanks of two 20 year old toilets

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please call us again for any Handyman projects.

12/12/2015

William W.

I called on Wednesday for service on a garbage disposal unit on a rental property. AZ Maintenance said they would call tenant and go out there and fix it. By Friday, no call,so tenant called them and was told they would not do anything without my credit card. I called on Saturday and they said they would charge $89.95 to go there and then they would look at the problem and charge a fee to fix it. The girl told me there would probably be an after hours fee as well. Avoid these people, they are not interested in helping, only in making as much money as possible.

Description of Work
Nothing. More concerned about getting paid.

Category handyman service, plumbing

[Member Name Removed] We are terribly sorry that we make contact with your tenant. If you still need the garbage disposal replaced we [Member Name Removed] be happy to take of it, free of charge. Please call us if you are interested. 623 516 1500 Thank you

12/09/2015

J D L.

Arrived on time, assessed the project and gave me an estimate that was fair for the amount of work involved. As soon as I agreed to the price, work commenced and was efficiently yet carefully completed. Great care was taken to do no damage to existing counter tile or any of the surrounding area which I greatly appreciated! The install was extremely clean including caulking the edges of the sink. Plumbing the connections was very efficient and all the hookups were carefully checked for leaks (there were none). Overall I'm very pleased with the results. I intend to use Arizona Maintenance Services again...in fact, I've already scheduled my next project with them.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced kitchen sink. Installed new faucet and drains. Plumbed in existing garbage disposal and RO system.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our company. Please call us again for all of your future projects.

09/29/2015

Kiyoko G.

Repairman was prompt and helpful with these small jobs I needed to finish up on a rental property.

Description of Work
Installed new window coverings, screen door, install new switch plate.

Category electrician, handyman service, replacement windows, doors

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please call us again for any future projects.

08/26/2015

Jennifer S.

Did a great job! Took time to make sure everything was right.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fan.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a review. Please call us again for any future projects.

08/18/2015

Ramesh S.

I called Arizona maintenance services among several others to get my open kitchen ceiling fixed. Some didnt call back and some of them could not come by soon enough. The contractor from AZ maintenance came and was prepared to do the job right away and the price was fair for the work needed. Did a very professional job and cleaned up right well after the job was done. Very courteous and was very punctual. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
Patched ceiling hole

Category drywall, handyman service

Thank you for your business, and taking the time to review our company. We look forward to helping you out in the future with any of your handyman needs.

08/05/2015

Michael B.

Drywall texture did not match & splatter was left in every room that was worked in. After 4 hours of the big deal that was purchased, they charged me for an extra 3 hours of work so that they could finish. They did not finish the job and I called the owner who was not accomodating. The owner John offered to give me $300 back and have the same workers come back out. I got a quote from another handyman for $430 on top of what I already spent on the project.

Description of Work
Paid 549 for 8 hours of handyman service. They sent 2 guys for 4 hours of handyman service at my request.

Category handyman service

Dear Member, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. As always, we strive for 100% satisfaction for our customers. There were two technicians sent out to you and they stayed for eleven and a half hours. In order to complete everything on your list would have taken at least another 16 hours and our technicians completed as much from the list as they could within the given timeframe. Both technicians reported that you were happy with the work performed before leaving and that you would call and request them again in the future. When you later called about one bad drywall spot, we offered to come back for free to fix it, and also offered to refund you $300 due to any inconvenience. We scheduled an appointment and came out to your house, but when we arrived, you decided that you didn't want any more work done. Please let us know if you would like us to come out and fix any issues on the work that has already been completed and we would be happy to do that for you.

07/08/2015

Bobbi S.

Exceptional service. Have used him several times for different projects. Always our go - to handyman.

Description of Work
Hung a new light fixture.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

Thank you for your business, and please call us again for any future Handyman leads.

07/04/2015

Barbara H.

He knew what he was doing. The equipment he brought was correct for the task. He completed the task and left.

Description of Work
The provider changed batteries in my smoke detectors and hung a picture.

Category electrician, handyman service

Thank you for your business, and please call us again for any future projects

06/30/2015

Mary Lou N.

I called Arizona Maintenance to have Security Bars removed from 6 windows. They were attached with tamper proof screws and needed to be cut off. When I mentioned that the townhome would be painted in a couple of weeks, they scheduled the service quickly. Patrick arrived on time (even a little bit early!) and did a great job. He was very professional, and cleaned up the area when he finished. I would definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
Removed Security Bars from 6 windows in the front of the house.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Thank you for your business, and please call us again for any future project needs.

06/24/2015

Joy W.

Angies Lists is going to allow me to use Ray from AZ Maintence to remodel parts of my kitchen which will be a very long project. Meanwhile Ray removed the wall paper from the kitchen walls and Moved furniture about.

Description of Work
Ray and I discussed my tasks for the day. We also talked about plans for more work in the future.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Thank you for your business. Please call us again for any future handyman needs.

05/09/2015

Brandi C.

It was great, he even let me watch him put it up and gave me some good tips!

Description of Work
Put up TV mounts

Category handyman service

Thank you for your business, and please call us again.

04/22/2015

Peter G.

They got everything done within the hour. They did a good job, it went well.

Description of Work
$49 for 1 Hour of Handyman Service

Category handyman service

Thank you for your business!

04/13/2015

drew G.

Earl was able to come over within 2 hours of my call and fixed the problem right away. He also had a spare part for the drain and was nice enough to replace with no extra charge. Very nice tech and nice company to work with. Will use again!

Description of Work
Handyman retrieved earring from drain and fixed the drain as well.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Thank you for your business and we look forwarded to helping you out for any future needs.

03/28/2015

Laura B.

Service was excellent. Company called and told me the serviceperson was on his way. The repairs were completed and the service person did a great job.

Description of Work
Repaired and moved a fence, changes A/C filters, repaired broken doorbell, painted fence

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, house painters, doors

Thank you for your business and we are glad you are happy with our service...please be sure and tell your friends....Thanks again

03/04/2015

KIM J.

The repair person was punctual and friendly. He identified the problem with the front porch light and confirmed there was power getting to the fan in the bedroom. I did not have the paperwork for the ceiling fan so we were unable to identify what the problem was with the fan.

Description of Work
Removed and inspected a front porch light and a bedroon ceiling fan

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for your business and we hope we can help you out with anything you might need in the future.

02/10/2015

Mary A.

I left a detailed message about what I needed done and they apparently did not bother to check it as he did not know why he was here. Did not want to do the job and seemed confused as to how to go about it. He also brought his wife. He finally figured out the part I bought would not fit and put the fan back together.

Description of Work
Took apart a fan to install remote and put it back together.

Category handyman service

We apologize for the poor service you received and we would be happy to come back out for free if you are still having issues. Unfortunately we had to let go the tech we sent to your home. Customer service is our top priority.

02/10/2015

JAN K.

We had no complaints, and no issues whatsoever. Everything worked out very well. We were pleased.

Description of Work
I had purchased a big deal for Arizona Maintenance Services.

Category handyman service

We are glad you gave us the opportunity and thank you for your business.