Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc.

Founded 1952 • With Angi since September 2007

4.3

4645 S 36th St

Phoenix, AZ 85040

Founded in 1952, Arizona Fire and Water Restoration, Inc. is a full-service contractor, specializing in insurance restoration. Our services encompass the assessment and repair of property damage caused by water, fire, smoke, or mold. We can also be a part of the restoration and reconstruction of

12/26/2020

Lisa C.

On Thursday, June 4th, 2020 we came home to a flooded home due to the toilet water supply hose breaking. I called Arizona Fire and Water to come and do the cleanup. Their reviews seemed rather good. Although we had to relocate to a hotel for the next five days, we felt confident that they would do a good job. We handed over a set of keys for them to use. They told us that they would be using a lock box on our house. On Saturday morning I returned home to pick something up and I had forgotten my keys at the hotel. I called my partner to tell him to call AZ Fire & Water to get the lock box code so that I could get in. To my surprise, they had not locked our home and I was able to enter without my keys. Anyone could have walked right into our home once they were gone. We informed them of their HUGE oversight as well. Upon entering I noticed items missing as well as damaged. They did inform us of damaging our bookcase which was unrepairable, but they did not inform us of other damage. Once payment came due our insurance company requested verification for overcharged services and materials. AZ Fire & Water would not comply. This information was requested at least three times. Every time they did not respond. One of the fees was for HAZMAT PPE. We were at our home for a few hours before we left for our hotel on that Thursday and did not see one employee of AZ Fire & Water doffing HAZMAT PPE. I work in an industry in which I know what this is. Jeans and shirts are NOT PPE. Once they determined that our insurance company would not pay the $1500 overcharges, they came after us for payment. We told them that they had the chance to get paid. They threatened a lien on our home. I expressed that if they tried to do that, we have enough evidence to defend ourselves in court. I had to file a police report for my missing items as well, as they are valuable and very sentimental. They have not to this day replaced our damaged items or compensated us for the items that came up missing. I would NOT recommend this company

Description of Work
Water damage due to flooding. Cleanup and removal of flooring, and dry out.

Category appliance repair, water damage restoration

01/12/2012

Rex H.

The owner’s name is John. They are very good carpet cleaners. I don’t know how much they charge for their services. I don’t pay attention to that. I will use their services again in the future. I use them for my clients and so forth. I’ve been using them for quite a while.

Description of Work
I used Arizona Fire & Water Restoration Inc for carpet cleaning. I’m having them out here in about 45 minutes.

Category carpet cleaners

10/09/2011

Matthew S.

Arizona Fire and Water Restoration was hired to rid the house from water and mold damage. The company did a good job and was very responsive to our needs.

Description of Work
Mitigate water and mold damage.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

08/25/2011

steph J.

My experience was more positive than negative. The person who came out to assess the damage was extremely thorough and that impressed me quite a bit. He discovered things that other professionals had missed and he found mold behind the walls; the other companies did not do that. I had an issue with the roofing. Two men came out and I believe one was training because I heard him dropping heavy things on my roof and it made me concerned. The insurance company went along with them so the price must have been fine.

Description of Work
Arizona Fire & Water Restoration helped me after the storm.

Category roofing, water damage restoration, mold removal

11/29/2010

Laurie W.

Our insurance paid the price but I would have thought the price was horrific if I had been paying. They damaged our carpeting because they didn?t cut it on the seam; now we can?t put the carpet back down without the seam showing. We didn?t have good communication. They told me that they were going to disassemble a bookshelf and move the furniture but when I got home they had disassembled several pieces of furniture and packed up about three rooms without talking to me about it. They packed up the things well but I didn?t have a chance to consider what I would need in the near future and should be left out.

Description of Work
Arizona Fire & Water Restoration pulled up our carpeting and took out the wet carpet pads.

Category carpet installation, water damage restoration

08/04/2010

Kathleen K.

The price I paid was my insurance deductible and my insurance company paid the rest of the charge. They were very professional and very quick to respond. They scheduled the repair work and did it within two days. It was done very quickly but it was very skillfully done. They specialize in smoke damage. They were very courteous and very thorough in their assessment of the situation. Everything was very clear and spelled out in great detail.

Description of Work
I used Arozine Fire & Water Restoration to repair a water damaged ceiling and wall. They replaced water damaged carpet.

Category carpet installation, water damage restoration

04/27/2010

MARISA C.

We really appreciated Mike's honesty and the fact that he didn't try to sell his services after he determined that we probably didn't need them.

Description of Work
Our water softener sprung a leak in the garage. We were concerned about water damage to the house. We had one company come by who used what we consider, in retrospect, scare tactics and sales talk. They couldn't give us a quote until after tearing out drywall, but they estimated $4000+ of repair and said we'd need fans running for several days. We got other advice from a local builder who said a small leak like ours over such a short amount of time would not cause mold in his experience. So we wanted to get another professional's opinion. Mike Schwartz from AZ Fire and Water Restoration responded promptly. He came over and assessed our situation. He used the same tools as the first guy and did not conclude we had major damage. Mike suggested we buy some carpet fans from Home Depot and aim them at the walls to dry out any moisture. We did that. The fans were not cheap, but they were a lot less than $4000.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

07/28/2009

P R.

The team responded immediately to dry out the affected rooms and asset the damage. They sealed the room off and dehumidified for several days and tested each day at the time they committed to the day before. I appreciated that they sent a project team to help me work through needs of my insurance company. The biggest negative is their billing policy to issue a lien at the same time they bill. It may be common practice, but in this economy, receiving a letter that someone might take your home is kind of scary. If possible, it would be nice if they could wait before sending this and not assume people won't pay.

Description of Work
Dehumidified rooms affected by the AC leak. Removed mold from ceiling, walls and carpeting. Replaced structure of one room (ceiling).

Category water damage restoration

09/27/2007

Cheryl T.

I was very satisfied with the service. There was a slight problem with a couple things that weren't done in the right time frame, but it turned out that they just ran short of time, and they did good work. I found them to be reasonably priced and very well respected.

Description of Work
Arizona Fire & Water totally gutted and refurbished my home after severe water damage. They put in all new floors, walls and ceilings. They also installed new doors, cabinets and appliances.

Category appliance repair, flooring contractor, small appliance repair, water damage restoration, woodworking, doors

Preferred Choice Restoration

Here at Preferred Choice Restoration, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the home restoration trade including mold remediation services and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We look forward to earning your business. Contact us today!

A & A Carpets

Best Option Restoration of West Phoenix

Best Option Restoration of West Phoenix is committed to helping those in need after a disaster. Our experienced team has the knowledge and equipment necessary to make sure that we leave every home as it was before the incident or what we call "pre-loss" condition.

Restoration of property damaged by water, fire, smoke & mold contamination.

Air Duct Cleaning

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc.

How is Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. overall rated?

Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. open?

Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. is open:

Thursday: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Friday: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Saturday: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM

What payment options does Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. provide

Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc.?

No, Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offer?

Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. offers the following services: Restoration of property damaged by water, fire, smoke & mold contamination.

Are there any services Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. does not offer?

Air Duct Cleaning