Alex's Landscaping LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2009

P.O. Box 82818

Phoenix, AZ 85071

Full Maintenance Landscapers - weekly, bi-weekly and monthly service. We design and implement your lawn makeover; we do not use sub-contractors - all work is done by our own employees and supervised by a licensed contractor/owner. We will supply references upon request....

04/10/2020

Sandi D.

Great. They will be coming every month

Description of Work
Complete lawn care

Category landscaping, lawn service

03/04/2020

John T.

Fantastic! We had a jungle in our yard and it's completely vanished. Excellent work.

Description of Work
Weeding our yard.

01/14/2020

Liz P.

BEWARE of Alex's Landscaping. I'm not sure if it's even a real business. They showed up twice to our house for general lawn maintenance - a small space front and back. Then they stopped showing up but continued to send us invoices! When I questioned Alex - he even admitted the last service was 7 weeks earlier, but he kept sending weekly invoices and said "you pay." I explained we would gladly pay for service, but there was no service. He never showed up and thought we would not notice. NOW he's turned us over to a collections agency. He's either super confused - or the whole business is just a scam. Do not hire!

Description of Work
General lawn maintanance

Category lawn service

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you are under the impression that I did not provide the service you hired me to do. I am licensed and I’ve been in business since 2001. Most of the time my customers are at their jobs away from home, I would not do anything to jeopardize my their trust. I take pride in my work and I am always open for discussion to correct any issues and keep my customers happy. Even if it means to go back and redo the work. We were unable to resolve this the last time we spoke. After five months with no resolution I took the necessary steps to collect the debt for services rendered. I understand this is unpleasant. I want this matter resolved as quickly as you do. Your statement dispute is incorrect, you’re disputing $140 when the amount on the statement provided is clearly for $75 for regular maintenance done on 7/3/19. You have never received a bill for $140. Please, seek assistance if you don't understand the bill. Thank you, Alex

10/27/2019

Patricia R.

Alex and his crew were fantastic! Professional, efficient, thorough and detailed. We will use Alex's Landscaping again and have also shared his information with a few of our neighbors. Very happy with results!

Description of Work
Large mesquite trees trimmed, front and backyard cleaned up

05/20/2019

Terry S.

Excellent. Very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Yard and tree cleanup.

Category landscaping

05/06/2019

Brendon C.

Not good. He almost destroyed one of my lawns and didn't even bother raking. He left huge leaks unprepaired after charging $300 for a single visit! Very disappointed! He is lucky I don't have any photos on this computer. Would probably ruin his business for good..

Description of Work
sprinkler repair, maintenance, trimming

Category lawn service

There is an apparent misunderstanding and I would like to clear it up. First off we did a lot of trimming on the whole property, front and back. The trimming was more important than the raking during that time. Your property is in need of a lot of work which was not feasible to complete during the allotted time. The grass is a living thing that requires care and there are a few ways to treat grass and soil and of course, the first way to do that is adjusting and or replacing sprinklers. We checked the irrigation system and found that the sprinklers needed to be changed from 12 feet to 17 feet. I highly recommended replacing 4-8 sprinklers which you declined not wanting to spend money on fixing the problem. If you do not wish to do what's needed I can't help you and you will continue to have the same issues with your lawn. I did not get paid for the work done nor for giving my professional opinion. I tried contacting you to clarify and got no answer.

01/08/2019

JONINE K.

Alex was great and so was his crew. They came first thing in the morning and were finished in a few hours and everything looked great. I have actually scheduled him for regular yard service monthly. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
general yard work; weeds, etc.

11/06/2018

Gregory M K.

Very good, reliable, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Plantings, irrigation work & yard maintenance.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

07/19/2018

Robert S.

I got 3 bids. Alex was the most knowledgeable and professional of the bunch in regards to drip systems, landscape lighting, and plants and plant care. One guy even over-pressurized my watering system while 'testing' it and it cause two major leaks and blew out the control valve. He just shrugged his shoulders, said these things happened, then offered to 'fix' everything for $3-400, then left, saying to call him if I wanted the work done. I called Alex, said he was our choice, and also asked him if he would come by, at his convenience, to check out my system and discuss what I wanted as far as regular maintenance in our yard. He came over that afternoon, helped me get things fixed up (the other guy had just messed up all the valves and the control valve just needed re-setting), and would not take any money for the repairs, saying he appreciated the opportunity to do business with me. Just a regular straight up business man with honesty and integrity. We look forward to Alex handling out yard for many years to come.

Description of Work
Regular Landscape Maintenance

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

10/31/2017

Jody K.

Alex responded promptly to my initial call, and after that we communicated by text. He did a yard cleanup, trimmed some large trees and oleanders, and removed 2 mid-sized trees and several shrubs/bushes, including complete removal of 2 tree stumps. He also prepped our backyard for winter grass seeding. He was punctual, checked in with me before, during, and after the job, and was cheerful and efficient. I would definitely recommend Alex, and will call him again!

Description of Work
General landscape clean up and plant removal, tree trimming

10/24/2017

Sandra L.

Very well. Will hire gain

Description of Work
Spray weeds weedeat edges of back yard. Clean up front yard spray weeds. Haul away trash & debris.

10/15/2017

Blair S.

Did a great job, but I will be back to doing my basic yard work again, but will use Alex's Landscaping for larger jobs that need to be performed that may take to much personal time.

Description of Work
Left for an extended vacation and needed someone to perform yard services for about 2+ months. Also had them to do additional work than basic yard cutting services.

Category landscaping, lawn service

05/30/2017

Karen S.

They are very thorough. Come exactly on time, I never have to call to remind. Do just a great job tree trimming, pulling weeds, picking up all fallen oranges.

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance.

04/28/2017

Margaret M.

Need more done ,,,unable to haul all trash away. Excellent worker but he needs help.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

Category lawn service

Good afternoon. Although I appreciate the reviews, I simply gave you a quote. You decided to hire a different landscaper. I didn't have the privilege to work on your property. I have the proper equipment and personnel to take care of the jobs I'm hired to do.

04/19/2017

Kate W.

So far so good. he is going to keep coming back.

Description of Work
Overall yard cleanup with tons of weeds.

03/27/2017

Toni G.

Very punctual. Did the work as requested for the price quoted. Lefty the yard looking neat and clean.

Description of Work
General yard clean up and added rock to front to cover bare spots. Removed remainder of a tree (stump and roots) that had fallen in a storm

02/12/2017

Dustin F.

I emailed the company in December through Angie's List asking about getting service and never received a response.

Description of Work
No work completed.

Category lawn service

I apologize for that. I was out of the country during that time and didn't receive your message.

03/08/2015

Ken B.

Fortunately, after receiving the quote I consulted Angie's List. There was one review. The description was for the exact work that Alex wanted to perform on my property and she rated him an F. I did some research on the internet and what he was recommending was at best unnecessary and at worst bad for the trees. I consulted the prior owner and she had never heard of Alex. I also called in "Chip off the Old Block" who I had used previously based on excellent reviews. They inspected my trees and found them to be healthy. I recommend everyone to stay away from this vendor.

Description of Work
Alex came to the house and said that he had done work for the previous owner on the trees on my property. He recommended painting the oaks and doing a deep cut of the bark on the palm trees. He said that if this didn't occur right away, that the trees were in danger of being destroyed. I took his quote and told him that I'd consider it.

Category lawn service

I'm Alex I have been checking on my review and I have no recollection of this ever taken place and I definitely will not recommend to remove trees unless its definitely necessary

11/04/2014

Leonor G.

Alex Sanchez did exactly what he said he would do in the time span he quoted. He was professional at all times and responded to all questions. I believe it was a fair price for all of the work done. I would use Alex's Landscaping LLC the future.

Description of Work
Sprayed weed killer front, side and backyard. Trimmed trees, bushes and removed a dead tree. Removed any remaining weeds. Cut grass.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

06/16/2014

Stephen K.

Alex and his crew did a great job.

Description of Work
Demo block wall and build new block wall with new gates.

05/01/2014

Scott H.

Great. Been working with Alex for years. Always does what I ask. If there is a leak in sprinkler system he comes immediately. Easy to work with, polite, professional, knows what he is doing. A really good guy.

Description of Work
Sprinker install, repair, maintenance and check. Prunes, blows, rakes.

04/26/2014

JAMES Z.

Prompt and professional service. Did everything we needed done and the yard looks great.

Description of Work
Trimmed and shaped tree, removed one bush and yard cleaning and maintenance

03/14/2014

Gerald V.

Alex is great! We hired him last fall after interviewing several others. While he was not the cheapest, we felt he offered the best value and the complete service we were looking for. Our previous lawn service was provided by a single person who could not keep up with all the amount of work needed to keep our property looking its best. Some of the other people we interviewed indicated their people would spent about half an hour at our property and "trimming" would be done with an electric hedge trimmer. We have many rose bushes and everyone else said they did not do roses as their crew weren't trained to care for roses. Alex told us he would have a three man crew at our home for 1 to 1 1/2 hours each visit and they would do whatever we wanted during that time period--even if it was changing light bulbs! Alex checks our property each visit to make sure all the emitters are working and that each plant/tree is receiving the proper amount of water. He also checks for bugs that might be attacking our plants and sprays accordingly. Weeds are kept under control. He recommends staking of trees/plants if necessary, is happy to answer any questions we have, and makes recommendations if we are considering adding something to our landscape. Last fall he thatched our summer lawn, filled in the low spots in the lawn and reseeded with winter rye. Each ensuing visit he made sure the seed was sprouting evenly and that the new lawn was thriving. If I buy new plants, he willingly plants them at no charge. In fact, the only "extra" charge was to rent the thatcher and that was shared among his clients. He does not charge for carting away grass or trimmings. He does not charge to replace emitters. Other lawn services told us they would charge for all of those things. Alex is very responsive, reliable, pleasant, and easy to work with. We are so happy we found him!

Description of Work
Cut grass, trimmed bushes, checked emitters, regulated water flow to new plants, blew away debris.

08/01/2012

BETTY L A.

Their service was very satisfactory. I had a problem with the rocks in my backyard. Our dog puts it in between her feet and brings it in the house and sometimes, she couldn't get them out. I then called Alex's Landscaping and they pushed all the rocks and put a sandy covering on my yard. They did a very good job.

Description of Work
Alex's Landscaping LLC put a sandy covering on my backyard.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

08/25/2009

BETTY L A.

There are three men that come to do my yard. Alex called to apologize one time when he didn't come because his truck broke down. I will continue to use him.

Description of Work
I used Alex's Landscaping this spring. His men took down a rose vine on my patio when I was getting awnings. It was a messy vine, but it was pretty. They did a good job. They also put a trench with river rock so the water ran down there instead of staying on my patio. They also come and do my yard every two weeks. They charge $25.00 per hour.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping