ACTION PAINTING LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2009

2405 E Cochise Rd

Phoenix, AZ 85028

We are a fully licensed; (#ROC238261) bonded and insured paint contracting company that also carries Workmans Comp Insurance Call us for a FREE no obligation In-Home Estimate, with a price guarantee for up to one year from date of estimate.Action Painting, LLC provides excellent workmanship along with top quality Dunn Edwards Paints and supplies. www.azactionpainting.com to request an estimate or call 480-986-2441...

06/06/2016

Mark T.

We had to have them come out a couple of times to do some touchups. They could have done a little more quality control. They painted our garage door and painted it to the top of the trim of the garage door. So when we opened the garage door all the paint peeled. Then they came back and had it peeled all off and redid it. Getting them to come back was a little bit difficult.

Description of Work
They painted the whole exterior.

12/28/2015

Dena P.

The painting job started late, took a day longer to do than what was quoted, and there was over spray on two surfaces (oven/stove) and a shop vacuum. There were several places that were not painted and needed touched up. There was paint on our new tile floors and we did not get the 2 colors, plus white as quoted. The painters used the ceiling color (not white) on all trim and doors, rather than white. My mother found the painter digging in our yard with our hand shovel (don't know why) and the hand shovel was missing when they were finished. The salesperson, Sarah, was great. In fact, even though this quote was about $400 more than another one, we were impressed enough with her service that we chose Action Painting. I'm sorry we did now. All in all, a very mediocre job.

Description of Work
Interior painting - the home was vacant.

07/21/2015

david K.

We are waiting for the kids to pick out the colors. They have given me the quotes. He is very knowledgeable. He is checking out the wood and the roof. He is basically doing a home inspection. He is getting it ready to paint. He has been a great resource and he is competitive on price. I will be using them in the future.

Description of Work
We are going to go with Action Painting for painting.

06/01/2014

Frank D.

The painters arrived on time, and began immediately power-washing, masking, removing (and cleaning) the Sun Screens from each window and properly preparing all the surfaces for the paint. We were very impressed with the professionalism and workmanship of this crew. They did not waste any time, worked with an eye toward providing a quality finished product. The job was completed in two (long) days and we couldn't be happier with the results! At least 3 neighbors stopped over to get information on Action Painting - and that was while they were still on the job site! The final invoice came in exactly as quoted and the crew cleaned up everything and encouraged a thorough inspection before calling it "complete". This was an excellent painting experience for us and we are so happy with the way our property looks now!!

Description of Work
The owner, Jeff, came out and provided a detailed and competitive quote for painting the exterior of our 2 story home, with options for painting the interior of the yard fence and the lattice patio covering.

06/25/2013

Ken K.

Owner Jeff Mullen arrived with a trainee on the appointed day to provide an estimate. Throughout the estimate he stressed his company's prep work and really sold me on that. I pointed out our stairway banister and the numerous chips in the old paint. I asked what he would be able to do with it. He said it would be absolutely no problem, he had seen much worse, and again stressed that the job was "90% prep, 10% paint." Although his estimate was higher than the other 2 companies we looked at, we hired Action Painting because we had confidence they would do the job right. The work was done by 2 painters over the course of 2 days. One painter, Cesar, spoke excellent english while the other spoke none at all. We talked to Cesar about the work to be done, minor repairs to be made to walls, and the need to sand the chips in the banister to blend them in. He assured us all would be done to our satisfaction. Ultimately, we are happy with most of the work performed, but dissatisfied with the banister. Cesar did an excellent job with the minor wall repairs, and he and his partner did a nice job with all walls and ceilings. We are especially impressed with the nice clean lines in the transition from one color to the next on adjacent walls. They left very little mess, except for some drips on the carpeted stairs that must have gotten past the covering. The banister is a different story. The numerous chips were never sanded, blended, primed, or prepped in any way. They are clearly visible through the new paint. The railing itself has a rough feel to it because it was rolled on instead of brushed. I made these complaints known to the owner, Jeff, and for the first time since the estimate he came out to the house to see for himself. Jeff then proceeded to argue with me about the banister and accused me of having unrealistic expectations. He kept referring to the visible chips as "wood imperfections" and said there was nothing that could be done, save for removing the banister and "floating" it in new paint. From the attached representative photos you can clearly see they are old chips, not imperfections. I was not expecting the banister to look like new, but I was expecting it to look better than new paint slopped on unprepared wood. Jeff even argued that he only charged me $50 for the banister, intimating that I shouldn't expect better, even though the charges were never broken down separately in this $1500+ job. I was very disappointed in his response to our complaints. Ultimately he offered to have one of his painters stay for 30 minutes to "try and make it look better." A real professional would fix it right, instead of placing an arbitrary time limit on repair work. I declined his inadequate offer and will fix it myself. Although most of the work was done well, our disappointment with the banister overrides our satisfaction with the rest of the job. I was especially disappointed with owner Jeff Mullen's response to our complaints. After being sold on his "90% prep, 10% paint" sales job, I feel like we were taken by a company that does not stand behind their promises. I will not hire Action Painting again, nor will I recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
We hired Action Painting LLC to prep and paint our living room, dining room, stairwell including banister, upstairs hallway, and all associated ceilings.

Category drywall, interior painters

12/15/2012

Paul M.

See above

Description of Work
Our house was completely repainted on the exterior and some interior walls as well. The crews truck broke down on the morning of the day that they were supposed to arrive and so our job was delayed one day. We had some drywall repairs done and they turned out pretty well. Paint matching was attempted, but we were warned ahead of time that it is often hit or miss and I was satisfied with what we received. There was some confusion about what we were having done and a couple of walls were not painted that we had paid for. Since those walls were painted using paint we already owned, there was no problem with matching and we were given a credit on our bill for that mistake as well as an area by the fireplace that was not completely painted. One other thing that went wrong was our house numbers were painted over. Nothing was said to us about it and it was a surprise that we found later, but it was a big job and there were only two men doing all of the work, it did take them a long time to do the prep work and they had to come back a second day to paint. Nobody is perfect, and overall I was very happy with the job we received. I would recommend them to you if you are looking for a painting contractor.

06/08/2012

Michael W.

They did a good job; they did all right. Their prices were good. I probably would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Action Painting to paint the outside of my house.

01/19/2012

Roy S.

Overall it went well, very satisfied with their service and performance.

Description of Work
Hired Action to pain the interior of our home. Very professional from the first call to the estimate to reviewing paint colors to answering questions to the actual painting. Did a great job and did it quickly. Came back to touch up a couple of minor spots. It was easy to get them to return - no hassles. Accepted credit card payment. Didn't pay them until they completed the touch-up.

Category interior painters

Thanks so much Member! We really appreciate your business! Any referals you send us please make sure they let us know you sent them to us! We would gladly send you as a token of our appreciation 2 free movie passes to harkins theatre ! Have them either submit a request for an estimate thru our website at www.azactionpainting.com or Call our Appointment manager Alina at 480-986-2441. Thank you again for your kind words!

11/18/2011

Francisco L.

They did not clean after they were done and I had many issues with the work that they did. I had some issues with my door. They painted it but there were bubbles of air. It was not fixed and I am going to do it myself.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my house.

10/24/2011

Michael W.

The painting was done very well. The clean up after the prep was not very good. They came back and cleaned up the area.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of house.

07/14/2011

Larry H.

OK

Description of Work
Exterior house painted

04/12/2010

Ina M.

When I called them to confirm the estimate, they said we can only do this part of the estimate. They said they couldn't guarantee the painting on the deck. I asked them about the sides and the overhang of the deck, and they said they couldn't guarantee that either.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate for painting my deck and some exterior painting.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

04/02/2009

Allen G.

The owner, Jeff Mullen, has 9 crews. He does the marketing and estimate. He invites you to look up his licenising, bonding and insurance information. The reason he invites that is because in this down economy many contractors are not necessarily renewing the licensing and he wants clients to know he runs an ethical business and he makes his information available. He provided exceptional service, does not request payment up front and in fact will not take money until you're satisfied with completed work. I had them come back twice before I was. He stands behind his work and is obviously proud to do so. He and his crew are professional and wonderful to work with. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I hired them to paint 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and fix a hairline crack in the ceiling and wall.

Category interior painters

State 48 Finishes LLC

With almost 8 years of painting experience, we are here to help you with interior, exterior, cabinet painting needs you may have, and we can do much more.

Copper Valley Painting

With years of professional experience, we specialize in "Exterior Painting" services. We are the top house painters in the Phoenix Metro area! Copper Valley Painting works with each client to determine the best solutions in order to achieve optimal results achieved by know-how and not by chance! Your finish will last for years! Contact us today as we look forward to servicing all of your exterior painting needs!

Offers by Copper Valley Painting on Angi
    Alex Mcmillan Painting

3 rd Generation Specializing in only quality Work, We try to provide paint jobs that last , we do not cut corners nor are we the blow and go painters, we do not stretch the paints or water the paints down, on every home we apply the same quality of workmanship and provide top quality materials. Call us will get out there and give you a Estimate for free, all estimates are no charge. Your Price does not change, no surprises or unexpected hidden cost at the end of your job. We do not do small jobs Such as painting a single bedroom only or painting just garage doors, or staining front doors or painting only couple sections of facia boards. we specialize in complete repaints of interior and exterior

Free price guaratee good for 1 year

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR, NEW & REPAINT SPECIALISTS, HOA REPAINTS, RESIDENTIAL PAINTING, PAINTING CONTRACTOR,

removal of popcorn ceilings