Access Home Repair

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2006

3936 E Desert Cove Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85028

Access Home Repair has been around since 2006. Whether you need a ceiling fan or need a bathroom refinished, we can help. Free Estimates. Charge by the hour/day.

04/25/2017

Cheri W.

Didn't happen at no fault of this company.

Description of Work
Never used, just reviewed them on ur site but you keep sending me these review

04/13/2016

Monica G.

Had good ideas. Very professional . Product great

Description of Work
Did a wonderful job of building a window seat

Category handyman service, woodworking

thanks to you both, you are great people!

04/13/2016

Carol G.

It went great. We are very happy with the way the kitchen looks. We have used her for years. I have recommended him to many friends and they have all been delighted with his work.

Description of Work
Eric tore our soffit, repaired drywall, painted, installed and wired new lighting, installed backsplash and trim on cabinets.a

Category handyman service, home remodeling

04/12/2016

Margaret G.

See above. Eric is will repair when possible, and replace if necessary or if that is what you prefer. He has done a variety of tasks in my neighborhood, and altho he is busy, he can usually fit in a new job in a reasonable time, especially if it is urgent to the customer.

Description of Work
Diagnosed fountain pump problem (dismantled pump motor), discussed issue with pump supplier, determined repair part (rather than pump replacement) would be appropriate. Picked up part, installed and pump now working fine. He has also repaired a gate for me, and soon will repair some stucco and paint which have been damaged.

Category fencing, handyman service, plumbing, stucco

04/11/2016

Todd L.

Eric has done several home repairs for us, including painting and woodworking.

Description of Work
My family has used Eric and Access Home Repair several times over the past several years. Eric is always friendly, on time, professional, and honest. His work is outstanding and his price is very reasonable. I would not hestiate to use him for future home repairs.

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

04/11/2016

Thelma K.

He did all the work I requested quickly and professionally

Description of Work
Replace lightbulbs in very high ceiling. Repair and replace drywall. Paint interior wall and exterior wall.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, interior painters

11/03/2015

Scott W.

Arrived on time, completed everything as discussed and even came out for a quote prior to the work.

Description of Work
Eric installed custom built video games for my dental office. He installed the metal cabinets, re-wired a few outlets, and painted the dry wall. He also retextured the wall where the old cabinets had been. Without reserve, I highly recommend Eric for this type of work. He is very professional and did a perfect job. If you want it completed correctly the first time, he is the guy. I will certainly use him for other projects around my home and office.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, woodworking

04/18/2015

Lois C.

Eric did a great job with getting all of the work done at a reasonable price. He also had some great suggestions that improved the project(s). He is very easy to work with and makes sure everything is done property.

Description of Work
Remodeled the master bath replaced all ceramic with porcelain tile and installed wood laminate floors andremoved an old in the wall air conditioner and a balcony, converted a fireplace to gas and a couple of other small projects

08/06/2014

Tracy M.

Eric was fantastic. He was prompt, pleasant, and fixed a pocket door no one else could fix. I felt completely comfortable leaving him alone in my house. He made sure that the job was done right rather than just sufficient (e.g.,painting small holes). The price was reasonable, and I would recommend him without reservation. I will definitely use him again if I need help and am thinking of some remodeling.

Description of Work
Mounted TV, hide cables for two TVs, fixed pocket door, fixed leaky faucet, hung towel rack, weather stripping.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

02/18/2014

Sam M.

Eric does good quality and timely work at a reasonable price. Eric has versatile repair skills and I plan on using him for future work when needed for my personal residence and rental properties.

Description of Work
Patched/repaired then painted damaged garage plaster walls.

02/09/2014

Alan M.

After a scheduling mix-up, Eric arrived at our new appointment time and did a great job on the external door sill, and repaired a cracked tile in my floor as well. Due to the scheduling error, he performed these jobs for free and turned in excellent work. I would definitely use his service again.

Description of Work
Contacted for the purpose of replacing an external door sill and installing a light fixture in my garage.

Category handyman service

Sir , I am sorry but I tried returning your call and got an error message, I'm not sure why ?

12/18/2013

Patti S.

He was very professional. He got there when he said he was going to get there. He gave really clear information about the work he was going to do. I think he is reasonably priced and he just have a knowledge of a number of different skills.

Description of Work
Access Home Repair did plumbing and installed the sink, installed some drawers and some cabinet drawers, installed the faucet and a garbage disposer.

Category plumbing

11/12/2013

Kevin M.

He never called back. The residential property management company I work for has various work orders at different properties. I even wanted to keep him local (within a 10 mile radius of La Mesa in the south county as I need extra help across the board and have called half of the handymen on Angie's List. I can't remember which specific property I contact him about. I could have been just a general "hey please tell me a little about what you do" call before I brought up any particular maintenance request. I have regular work. Don't they get that? There are new problems at different properties all week long, not to mention the back log I have since the last guy went MIA for almost 3 weeks. Geez!

Description of Work
I left him a couple messages. I never received a call back.

Category handyman service

I don't think you have the right company here and do not appreciate the negative comments made here .I have checked all my records and have no contact with you at all, so please either prove to me that I have made a mistake or correct these comments. Thank you .

10/14/2013

Toni K.

Eric is terrific. He did some general home repairs for me a few months ago, and provided some advice on my upcoming kitchen remodel. When it came time for the remodel, I asked him to take a look at the cabinet plans, and he made some valuable suggestions on how to save some money. While we were waiting for the cabinets to arrive, he removed the old kitchen linoleum tiles and cabinets. The new porcelain tiles look great. He installed the new cabinets with a minimum of disruption to the rest of the house. After the countertops were installed by the manufacturer, he installed the new glass tile backsplash and ceiling fixture, and painted the remaining portions of the walls. Eric has done a variety of jobs for me - everything from the kitchen remodel to installing a new tub stopper. He's reliable and does excellent work. His estimates are always accurate, so I was able to budget accordingly. Highly recommend! And I will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Eric completely remodeled my small kitchen - removed old flooring and cabinets, and installed new tile floor, cabinets, glass tile backsplash, and ceiling light fixture.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

09/30/2013

Jamie T.

Very pleasant experience with Eric. We will definitely use him again. Eric's initial quote was right in line with the final bill.

Description of Work
Eric was a straight shooter. He was always on time. He did a little extras for us....fixed a plumbing issue and a broken fence gate. He painted the entire exterior of our home. We even allowed him to pick the color and it turned out BEAUTIFUL.

Category contractors, fencing, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

06/30/2013

Samuel N.

Eric Conrad is a man of his word period. I showed him a bedroom that I had glued paneling on in the 80's and when my wife tore it down in 2010 the drywall came off in chunks with it. I tried to patch the wall's but gave up in frustration. The room remain empty so no hurry to get it done. My 17 teen year old grandson has moved in with us so I needed to get it done and done right. I saw the ad on T.V. for Angie's list and signed up to get good reliable company's that had honest reviews about the work performed all through the process of the remodel. I found 2 company's that had good reviews. I chose Access Home Repair because he live in our area and I 'm glade I did. Eric's work miracles with that room. He did everything we ask and more. Not only will I recommend Mr. Conrad to family and friends, I have more work for him in the near future. I'll give Access Home Repair A+

Description of Work
remove popcorn ceiling, patch and texture walls and ceiling, paint walls and ceiling, install two ceiling fans, install laminate flooring, install base and door trim hang 8' foot wardrobe doors, remove old door into room and install pre hung door paint and trim, remove all waste. Size of bedroom including closet 14'x12'. price quoted $2150

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors

Thank you for the kind words!

06/27/2013

MARYLOU J.

He spent more time and effort than I had seen in other repairmen in finding ways to make the replacements and repairs more secure and long lasting. And he was willing to answer my many questions which I had found most repairmen seem to consider an annoyance and waste of their time.

Description of Work
Removed old sun shades from windows, repaired/replaced attachments, checking for termite damage, hung new shades. Secured old loose window screens around entire house.

Category handyman service, window treatments

05/28/2013

Patricia B.

Personable, fair pricing, skilled; clear about what jobs / scope of work he does not take on, and prepared to take on those he does. Common sense approach to jobs. Responsive generally, though I am still waiting for quotes on kitchen ceiling repair.

Description of Work
Hung shelves (7) on lathe & plaster walls that were uneven. Set shims and secured well. Other jobs: inspected A/C pump drainage; cased scope of work to repair damaged kitchen ceiling (resulting in leak from said AC drain that had plugged previously; inspected bathroom for possibility to replace vinyl with tile). He is to provide estimates /timelines for kitchen ceiling repair.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plastering, home remodeling

05/13/2013

RITA C.

It went well from estimate earlier in the week to the completed products.

Description of Work
Phil not only completed interior painting of an apartment for my daughter in record time, but repaired a front door, broken pickets in my fence, termited shelves in the back yard, and repaired my garage. He finished quickly without asking a million questions and did a nice job. His price was as estimated on both jobs and we were both happy with the results. Rita

Category fencing, garage doors, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

04/22/2013

Eleanor G.

I had a list of things I wanted done. Eric arrived on time, reviewed the list, asked questions and offered suggestions. He subsequently gave me a quote which included most of the supplies as well as the labor and he stuck to it. He was flexible , accommodating my need to go out of town part way through as well as being there to do some tasks that needed to be done right before the carpet installers.. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Bathroom: Remove and replace vanity counter top and sink; tile floor; remove and replace light fixture; remove wallpaper; repair and paint walls; install new towel bars. Den: Remove wallpaper; repair and paint walls; install new baseboards. Master bedroom; Paint walls; install new baseboards Hall, stairs: Paint walls, calk along stairs; sand and paint handrail; install new baseboards. Garage stairs: Paint walls. Misc: Disassemble/reassemble bed; pull up carpet and screw floorboards to eliminate squeaks (prior to having new carpet installed); replace a number of switches and outlets; install various new smoke detectors; replace door bell button.

Category contractors, carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, wallpaper removal, home remodeling, interior painters

12/28/2012

Eugene B.

Eric was prompt and professional. He took the time to explain everything to and made sure that I didn't spend extra money on unnecessary work. This was a welcome relief after the experience I just had with my tile person and previous handyman.

Description of Work
Install window shades Grout tile Fix previous contractor's mistakes fix creaks in floor Install baseboards paint kitchen ceiling replace screens

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, screen repair, window treatments, interior painters

Thanks to Member, who was a great person to work with. I am always happy to help out when someone gets unreliable or poor work from others.

10/31/2012

Zev R.

Eric is awesome!!!!!! His prices are really fair and he really pays attention to detail in his work. I usually don't trust contractors or handymen completely and my past experiences validate that feeling. But I got nothing but good vibes from him the moment we started talking about what needs to be done. He is really knowledgeable and explains everything. He also makes suggestions which helps eliminate any unnecessary work. I had to live in my bedroom while the work was being done and he made sure to clean up as much as he could everyday and got the work done in a timely manner. I was VERY pleased by the end of this experience and am looking forward to using him again when I'm ready to have my bedroom worked on. :)

Description of Work
I had a bucket list of items that needed to be worked on in my condo. The entire kitchen, hallway and living room were coated with plaster and painted. I had all night fixtures removed and recessed lighting installed. A new water line ran from my kitchen sink to my fridge. Brand new pantry doors and pantry repainted. TV mount installed and outlets raised to be behind TV and crack running down the length of my ceiling repaired.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you very much Member, I work hard at developing good relationships with my clients.

09/14/2012

Carole P.

It went excellent. I was pleased with their service. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They worked on a patio. They worked with bricks, sand and cement.

Category handyman service, masonry, patios

08/20/2012

Ron B.

It wasn't cheap (although perhaps the price was normal for this) but the job was done quickly and well. Very professional. We will certainly consider them again for appliance service.

Description of Work
Ice maker repair.

Category handyman service

This was not my job, must have mixed me up with another company.

08/11/2012

JANETTE G.

Called Eric for help with an electric outlet, installing blinds, a problem with a whole house fan, some plaster problems around bathtub, and wanting to install a security door. Very reachable, and his wife takes some of the calls. Showed up as promised every time. He wasted no time in installing the blinds. One of them had been cut the wrong size, so he went to Home Depot to get in resized, was happy to pick up two other sets of blinds for me, and did this quickly. Gave solid advice that I could easily do the bathtub work by myself, that the ancient electrical outlet so just be left alone (did not want to do any work that was not up to code), and made arrangements or security door installation, which was done another day. Still working on the whole house fan issue, called him from Lowe's on a Friday night, and he answered the phone and suggested their fan offerings were not right, continuing to look for answers on this.

Description of Work
Very professional, dependable, fair price, and did excellent work. Available to answer questions and takes the time to give helpful advice on the best way to proceed with projects. So far, two projects, and I will definitely keep calling Eric for various projects.

Category handyman service, plastering, window treatments, doors