A Authentic Garage Door Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2004

We are open for business and we are taking every precaution necessary to be as safe as possible. A-Authentic is known as the best. It’s a reputation they worked hard to win. They’re a family owned company that has been serving the Valley of the Sun with expert garage door repair for over 15 years.

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

garage doors (317)door installation (10)electrician (8)

12/20/2020

Matthew W.

Reed had the problem figured out literally before the door finished opening to let him in (broken spring). He replaced the springs, the rollers, and cables quickly and had everything working again. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Our garage door was slow to go up and the opener did not sound like it was working correctly.

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

09/08/2020

John S.

***SCAM ALERT*** My daughter received a coupon in a mailout from this company.It had "free service call $65.00 value! " written on it. So she called them , and a worker came to her home. He told her that he could replace the garage door, but that it would be $360 plus $180 for labor PLUS the $69.00 "free service call" ( a total of over $600.00!!). She said that was too high, and he then said would NOT leave the premises till she gave him $69.00 for the "free service call". She was upset by his attitude, and gave him the $69.00 for the "free service call" just to get him off her property. Later, upon calling the manager ( Emily,if i recall), I was told that the free service call was only with a repair contract(and it is in VERY tiny print on the coupon). She said if we paid the $360 for the new door, they would credit that toward the labor charge of $85.00 per hour. She told me it can take a couple of hours or so to put on the door. So now we have an additional charge of around $100 (the 2 hours at $85.00 each minus the $69.00 "credit" she was forced to pay to get the worker to leave.) This is a company that obviously targets women, in order to intimidate them into these unfair payouts when they receive nothing in return. My daughter was just told she "needs a new garage door", and charged her $69.00 just for that, and nothing else! If you want to do business with a company that will scam you, give this group a call!

Description of Work
garage door repair

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

08/31/2020

Angela R.

They were excellent. They were prompt, professional and did a great job. The service technician was very professional and did a great job, and very friendly.

Description of Work
replaced the garage door opener

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

08/25/2020

S W.

Very good experience; it turned out to be an easy fix. The technician was very helpful - would recommend!

Description of Work
Garage door wouldn't open

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

01/07/2020

richard L.

It was extremely good, I had no trouble using them again. They were very professional, on time, they did it quickly and they were really pleasant, they smile a lot.

Description of Work
They put in a anew listing system.

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

Good Morning! Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review. Have a great day! Darrell

10/04/2019

Janet W.

Everything went very well. He explained what he was doing and why. Also told me about monthly maintenance that I could do, and showed me how to do it. I will definitely call them again!

Description of Work
garage doors

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

Peter M.

They were good. The work was done properly and on time.

Description of Work
They fixed my garage doors.

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

Sean C.

They did an excellent service. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
They installed a garage door opener.

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Sam P.

It was a great service. They clean after themselves.

Description of Work
They replaced a spring

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

08/04/2018

Jeff B.

They showed up on time and I was very pleased with the work done. The cost of replacing the spring was less then they quoted since it only required 1 spring.

Description of Work
Replace broken spring on garage door.

Work Completed On 08/04/2018

07/20/2018

Jonathan F.

On time, courteous, fast and professional.

Description of Work
Spring replacement

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

I thank you for your business and for your review! Darrell Peruch President

06/05/2018

David S.

The service person called to notify me re the time of arrival. Here was here on time and relaced the old garage door opener in a timely manner. All my questions were answered to my satisfaction. I would definitely us the company again if need be.

Description of Work
Garage door opener to be replaced

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

12/13/2017

Sheri C.

Very nice. Responded quickly and work was done Day I callec

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

11/27/2017

GRETCHEN M.

A-Authentic came out and installed a new garage door opener a couple of years ago. I was not home while work was done. A while later I noticed that torsion spring was connected to the center rail by means of a jerry-rigged arrangement of two brackets bolted together. When I called to complain I was told the work was "out of warranty." I am not aware that shoddy work is subject to being either in or out of warranty, but in any case, the center rail has now come completely unfastened from the garage wall and it's probably not even safe to use the door opener. I would not use this company again, and I would encourage anyone who is thinking of using them to first peruse the many unfavorable reviews they have on Yelp.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener.

Work Completed On 05/11/2016

10/08/2017

Toni K.

After checking on the service done I found I was overcharged. However before I found that out I called them for information on the new door and track that the service rep stated I needed. He gave me a price and I then asked for a picture. "I will text you a picture within 15 minutes" he stated, that was three days ago, still waiting. Another company came out for a second opinion and I do need the garage door, only because of the track not being compatible. I would not use them nor would I recommend their company to anyone.

Description of Work
Garage door would not close, they stated my door was installed wrong and they would try to fix it by correcting the tension on the spring and changing hinges.

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

07/29/2017

Joe L.

They were very responsive in explaining things in layman's terms of what was going on. One person came out and they cleaned up the area when they were done.

Description of Work
They fixed the springs.

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

06/03/2017

Barbara C.

David did a great job, again! He knows exactly what needs to be done and how to get the job done as he has been doing it for over 10 years, I believe. David was on time, got right to work, and was done pretty quickly.

Description of Work
I had a coupon for a new garage door motor. David G. is the workman who put in my new spring and rollers a month earlier and I was glad to see him again to install my motor.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

Thank you again for your business and taking the time for the review. Darrell

06/03/2017

Barbara C.

Very well! Dave was very punctual and did a great job! Very fast! I sat in the garage and watched him work and asked questions and he was very polite when answering my questions.

Description of Work
I had a coupon for a new spring and then paid extra for new rollers. They were installed and a couple of parts were reinforced. Then Dave, the workman, lubed everything.

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

Good morning, Thank you for your business and taking the time to let us know you were happy with our service. Have a great day! Darrell

02/08/2017

Yvonne S.

Excellent service, very professional

Description of Work
New garage door gasket

Work Completed On 02/08/2017

Thank you for your business and your review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you were satisfied. Have a great day! Darrell

01/31/2017

Richard S.

It went beautifully. The service tech, Scott, arrived early and finished quickly. He was wonderfully personable an explained what he was doing. We discussed future work and I will not hesitate to call when it needs to be done. A great representative of the company.

Description of Work
I needed a repair of my garage door opener.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

Thank you for your business and we are happy you were satisfied with our service. Have a great day! Darrell

01/30/2017

Lynn C.

Service was performed, tried to sell me a new garage door. Did sell me a garage door opener for $50 which is $15 over normal cost, but saved me a trip to Home Depot.

Description of Work
Garage door weather stripping

Work Completed On 02/06/2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did! Have a great day! Darrell

01/18/2017

Anthony E.

Chris did an excellent job. He was on time and the installation went smoothly. Overall, I am very pleased with the service and our garage door is working better than ever. Thank you!

Description of Work
Installed new LiftMaster Garage Door Opener, replaced rollers, and garage seal.

Work Completed On 01/18/2017

Thank you for your business and your feedback! Have a great day! Darrell Peruch (Owner)

01/17/2017

Charles M.

Service person arrived early and immediately tried to increase the price of the service. Then rollers were replaced and door was still not working smoothly. After 2 adjustments to the springs, I was told that was the best it would work. The springs may have been replaced by the previous home owner by this company and it appears they need to be properly adjusted. Door is not in much better condition than before the service, other than having new rollers. Update, 1/27/17: Reply to a review of 1/17. There was a company response to my negative review to call the owner. I called thinking he might be sincere. When I called in, the person who answered told me it was an automatic response. They offered to put me to his voice mail, however based on this information I declined.

Description of Work
Garage door jerking on open and close. Used coupon for tune-up and roller replacement,

Work Completed On 01/17/2017