Brothers Plumbing & Air Conditioning

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2011

3.7

9299 W Olive Ave 603

Peoria, AZ 85345

We have flat rate pricing which saves you money. We have 24/7 emergency service with both our A/C Dept. and Plumbing Depart. We charge a minimim Service Call fee which we wave if you have us do the repair work. We are licences, bonded and insured. We guarentee our work. If it is not right we will come back and fix it at no charge to you. We have red carpet service and wear protective booties in your home. When you call us you speak to a live person not an answering machine. We care about our customers and it shows in our work....

12/12/2014

Amstrong G.

I contacted Brother to make repairs at one of my properties. I setup the appointment a week in advance and confirmed the service window with them as it was the best time for my tenants. On the day of the appointment, the window came and went. The technician did not show up and we did not get any calls from them saying they were late. I contacted them about an hour after the window passed and they said they were super busy and they did not know when they'd make it. I asked if it would be within the next two hours and they said no. Their attitude was awful and bordering on rude. I cancelled the appointment. It's because of them that I signed up with Angie's List to find a reputable company, so there's that positive I suppose. Avoid them!

Description of Work
Nothing, they never showed up.

04/21/2014

sage J.

Not good at all. They claim flat prices but it really is not a good deal. Check their reviews carefully. This was the worst experience with a plumbing company I have ever had. Bad follow up skills as well.

Description of Work
Hired to fix a bathtub faucet

04/10/2013

scott C.

The company responded quickly to our request and they priced close to their oral estimate with $128.12 charge for the inspection plus a $96.88 planned service agreement. Our agent in Phoenix reported that they went through the motions of the inspection. And we received an invoice from them (attached) which reported "Everything looked really good down the sewer line. its nice and smooth. looked like ABS sewer line which is good. Did not see any problems with the sewer line." On the basis of their report we did not put any holdback provisions in the purchase and sale agreement for the property. We had tenants living in the property through June 2012 at which point we moved into the property. In July we noticed the kitchen sink and the toilet in the bathroom (both in the oldest section of the house) were draining slowly. We hired 3 different plumbing companies to come and clear the drains; 2 of the 3 reported pulling roots out the drain...the third company scoped the drains and were unable to get all the way to the main sewer line because of root intrusion and pipe collapse under the foundation of the house. A later inspection of the pipes found the only sections of pipe to be ABS were from the new part of the house and the guest house to the clay sewer line in the back yard. There is a large clay pipe that runs the length of the backyard to the alley which is where the connection to the city's sewer line is located. All of the pipes under the house were galvanized pipe and unpassable with the camera (see pictures), the clay sewer connection in the backyard had several root intrusions, and the guest house connection was disrupted/intruded. Brothers Plumbing missed all of these problems which were impossible to miss when it was performed in my presence. We ended up needing to re-route the pipes on the outside of the building ($15,000+ of work) and we still haven't replaced the clay pipe in the backyard which is estimated at $8,000+. We contacted Brothers in August 2012 and a Mont Stevenson was supposed to come by and re-inspect the property. The original pipes are still under the house and the clay pipe is still in the backyard for them to scope. I spoke with Mr. Stevenson in late-August but he did not follow up on scheduling an inspection. We just filed a complaint with the Registrar of Contractors (ROC). I am hopeful that somebody from Brothers will follow up and help to fix this very unfortunate situation. It is hard to believe they have received such good comments from other customers when they really messed up so many times on our property and did not try to fix their problems or provide any sort of follow up.

Description of Work
We hired them for a Camera Inspection of a Sewer Line (their part number A71031) as part of a pre-purchase inspection for a property acquisition. In Phoenix, AZ the home inspectors don't inspect the sewer lines so we needed a professional plumber to scope the lines from the house to the city sewer's system. We were concerned that older galvanized or clay pipes were installed, or worse yet that there might have been root intrusion or collapse of the pipes.

01/24/2013

Cathleen A.

Very quick respose by knowledgeable service worker. Explained problem and reset the timer on recycler. Servicemen very polite and proffessional.

Description of Work
Hot water tank split open. The tank was replaced and the second tank was serviced

Category water heater repair

11/26/2012

PATRICIA F.

Description of Work
Mark came back as promised, on time, and finished in the amount of time he said he'd finish. Actually less. Integrity is the name of the game, and with that, Brothers has a permanent customer.

11/26/2012

PATRICIA F.

Description of Work
Mark from Brothers Plumbing came out within a half hour of my emergency call after finally breaking the main shutoff valve. He was missing some items because he was using a borrowed truck, but was able to make a good, temporary fix and will be back first thing in the morning. If he isn't, I will let you know otherwise.

11/03/2012

Jason D.

Description of Work
Significantly overpriced. Wanted $1600 for hooking up new sink that was already installed. Technician didn't want to reuse garbage disposal that was only 2 years old. Price for new one $653. Ridiculous price. For work and parts. I ended up doing it myself for $30 in parts and 3 hours of my time. They also way overpriced work in last minute situation. This company price gouges and is misleading on need for replacement parts; would not recommend them at all.

10/21/2012

sage J.

Called Brothers Plumbing to fix broken shower They came in with a flat rate to fix Then they discovered there would be extra work needed They came back to fix the shower system but left it inoperable When I called back they claimed that I broke it after their technician left

Description of Work
I would not use this company again due to their inability to follow up in a timely manner. They can't seem to return phone calls. I also find their "flat pricing" to be more in favor of their gain. They claim this makes it easier for the customer but in reality it comes out in their favor. Their prices are above market compared to other plumbers I have used in the PHX area.

07/19/2012

Brad W.

Apparently the fan went out on my AC unit, it was a good thing that the technician Mace had one on his truck. He spent about 2 hours diagnosing the problem and fixing it, I thought he did a real good job. As for the clogged toilet, I know it would be a fast fix and it cost a lot more than if I would have tried to do it myself, but it was worth paying a few extra bucks to have it done fast.

Description of Work
It was the 4th of July and not only did my Air Conditioning unit stop working but during my familys BBQ someone clogged up the toilet. I called 5 different places until I reached Brothers. They sent 2 different techs out and both of them did fast work and didn't even get in the way of my familys fun.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Cobra Rooter & Plumbing Service

Cobra Rooter and Plumbing has been servicing the valley since 1983. Our goals are to provide the very best customer sevice at a fair price. Our company has grown almost exclusivly from customer referrals. We have no gimmicks or sales tactics. We offer honest work for an honest dollar. Additional DBA - Cobra Rooter Service, Inc.

Complete Water Systems LLC

Complete Water Systems LLC is family owned & operated. Providing a complete array of Whole Home Water Treatment Products (Reverse Osmosis systems / Water Softeners / Whole Home Filtration / Salt Free Conditioners / Bacteria Removal UV Systems and more) Offering Sales – Service – Maintenance – Parts – Filters Serving Phoenix Arizona and metropolitan area We provide the Highest Quality Components such as Clack - Fleck - Autotrol - Ultima - Vortech- Hydronix - Vertex and much more Made in the USA & systems assembled right here in Arizona

Select Source Water

Select Source Water prides itself on educating the public on the water quality. We specialize in Water Softeners, Water Conditioners and Alkaline drinking systems. Select Source Water is a Veteran owned and has been in business since 2014. We strive to have %100 satisfaction on a daily basis. This company was built and ran with old fashion qualities that just are not found today. Our Platinum series systems are known for their superior quality. We offer the largest filtration system on the market for the same price you will pay for a smaller 5 stage with other businesses.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing repairs, leaks, slab leaks, water heaters, solar water heaters, water purification systems, drain cleaning, sewer line repairs and replacement. Install sinks, faucets, toliets. We have service agreements to maintain your home year around. We take the worry out of leaving town. Call us to service your home for a long term absence. A/C repairs and installations. Year around maintenance for your A/C and heaters. Install home air purification systems that are part of your air conditioner.

Septic tank pumping, mobil home AC installations.