TWO MEN & A TRUCK

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2004

1916 S GILBERT RD #4

Mesa, AZ 85204

Call now for a free estimate! 480.535.9950 TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Mesa is your East Valley movers, servicing Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert and surrounding metro areas. •Largest truck fleet and movinf team •Local & long distance moves •The best liability coverage •Better, Business, Bureau A+ rank •2016 Achievement in Excellence Award...

04/15/2020

Mavin and Linda S.

Their service is really good. Used them several times.

Description of Work
moved

08/20/2018

Valerie M.

The team was great. The office staff was able to reschedule our move when we arrived early in our rental truck. The movers were very professional and moved our items with great care. They were friendly and made us feel comfortable. They clearly knew how to properly move each item. We will hire them again when our family members make the move.

Description of Work
Empty a 26' moving truck

08/23/2017

Larry C.

Excellent service. Showed up on time and got right to work. Drove to new home and unloaded truck with things put into the proper room in 45 minutes in a third floor apartment. Clean, polite and hardworking.

Description of Work
Moved furniture to new house

08/18/2017

John B.

....

Description of Work
....

06/02/2016

Ross G.

Category moving companies

We appreciate your review and glad your move went well.

01/27/2016

Dennis W.

09/16/2015

Pam & Terry T.

08/04/2015

Carol P.

everything went fine.

Description of Work
moved my household about 10 miles away.

04/10/2015

Laura A.

Guys were prompt, professional, friendly and used the utmost respect for the house and furniture with the wrapping both blankets and clear wrap (the banister was also protected). The whole thing took 45 minutes. I would highly recommend them as well as hire them again!

Description of Work
Moved a very large/heavy dresser, headboard and chest to the second floor of the home. Had two other "movers" say that they were unable to do the job due to the staircase. Had used them in the past and was very pleased. I have moved so often and have experienced bad outcomes where my items were damaged beyond repair and never compensated for by other movers.

04/30/2014

John P.

The move went extremely well. 3 young men showed up early, back the truck and got to work right away. They did a walk thru of the house and once a plan of action was decided they went right to work. One of them began covering and shrink wrapping all the furniture and the other 2 back moving everything into the truck. We dropped off some of the furniture at one location and the other at storage. The whole move was completed in 2 1/2 hours.

Description of Work
They moved 3 rooms of furniture.

01/29/2014

Rajkrishnan M.

Was referred to two men by my realtor based on positive feedback she had heard from her contacts. I liked the reviews that I saw online. Submitted a request for quote online (with details of number of furniture and estimated number of boxes) - but instead of sending quote, they started spamming my inbox with and quot;moving adviceand quot; emails - at least one/day. After deleting the spams for close to a week, responded to the spam sender indicating my frustration with being spammed without sending the quote (which was what I had requested for). Next day, the lady from Mesa office called and apologized - apparently, the quote was sent 2 days after my original request - however, it never reached me. I explained the details of my move (there was a change from what I mentioned in the request) - and then the lady explained to me that hourly rate includes furniture pads and stretch wrapping - but no packing services. The hourly rate was quoted as $106 (with minimum 2 hours, after which it gets pro-rated for every 15 mins) and was told no other charge is involved - it seemed higher, but considering my move was another week away (and no other charge, it seemed close to reasonable assuming the move would be hassle-free, based on the good reviews), I thought of doing additional research and re-negotiate if need be. . The quote was emailed to me with a 6 hour estimate - however, I did not do the math at that time, assuming the figure matched what the lady mentioned on the phone. Further research found me lot of other movers, whose rates were much lower, but all had very bad reviews with regards to hidden charges (holding material loaded in trucks hostage), damaging the homes and furniture. 2 days prior to the move, received a confirmation call and on the day of the move, Kevin and Ernesto arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule, surveyed the material to be moved and then started the move - they put furniture pad on the apartment door to avoid damage. they were efficient and no non-sense - did not seek any help from me and were very responsive to for any additional padding requests, any questions/clarifications - In 2 hours, they had loaded all items on the truck and were ready to go. I gave them the directions and drove in my own vehicle, with them following (just 6 miles) - On reaching our new home, Kevin and Ernesto came in and spoke with me to understand where each of the items will go (less than 5 mins). After that, I was just a by-stander with them unloading and re-assembling stuff in desired locations (for some of the items, they were responsive to my requests for minor adjustments in the location (no complaints or whining). The unloading was complete (with no damage to any of the furniture or boxes) in another 2 hours and the total timing came to 4.25 hours and I was expecting a final charge of $450 - but the check listed the amount to be $556 - that is when I asked Kevin and he explained each line item and found out that there is a charge called and quot;travel chargeand quot; of $106 (same rate as labor rate). I told Kevin, I don't remember the lady explaining this charge - and I opened the emailed original quote and found that this charge was included in the quote, just that it was not explained verbally (I realized my mistake of not doing the math once I received the original quote). I conveyed this verbal mis-representation to Kevin, but went ahead and authorized the payment (did not seem fair to keep Kevin and Ernesto waiting after 4 hours of hard-work). 2 days later, the lady had called to inquire about the move. I expressed my satisfaction with the move,but conveyed my dissatisfaction with her for not explaining the and quot;hiddenand quot; travel charge (since I was driving at the time, the line was not clear and she may not have understood my reason for dissatisfaction - a 20% premium on top of an already high hourly rate seems to be a and quot;rip-offand quot;, although the service was good) - the travel charge and labor rate being the same can confuse what it means unless somebody explains/clarifies it (the travel charge is the fees for the two men and truck to come from their office to origin and go back to office after the move). Good: Peace of mind on day of move - Good service - no damages to house or items being moved Bad: extra-premium pricing - hourly rate is very high compared to competition (100% higher than a lot of competition) - hidden and quot;travel chargeand quot; not explained - keeping this charge same as labor charge can confuse you to mistake it to be one and the same and overlook this charge till it is time to make the payment (other reviewers had noted that this mover had no hidden charges - so was surprised about this charge not being explained)

Description of Work
Moving furniture and packed boxes from a 2 BHK apartment on 2nd floor to a 2-storied home - distance between locations: less than 6 miles (both were in Chandler)

07/07/2013

MARTIN W.

The two men were very good--hard/careful workers and very personable. We recommend them and would definitely use them again ourselves.

Description of Work
Load a storage unit to a truck, and deliver the items to our house.

Category moving companies, storage units

12/21/2012

sue E.

Very professional and personanable. Did anything we asked. Made one stop at a storage unit and they packed so that they did not waste time loading and unloading the truck to drop off at the storage unit. Helped to re-arrange the items in the storage unit and we ended up being able to store more items than we had anticipated. Great pleasure to work with !!

Description of Work
Moved from Chandler to Scottsdale with one stop at storage unit.

08/24/2012

Julie C.

The movers arrived ready to do anything that we asked. I was not able to finalize packing all of the house before they arrived, so they were very gracious in helping to finish packing some odds and ends. There was a shortage on wardrobe boxes, so I was not able to get all of the boxes needed for relocating the family clothes. However they were very creative in assisting getting the larger items that I was going to put in wardrobe boxes moved to the new house. They took care of all of my breakables, and so far, I have not found anything broken. This is my third family move, and the first time nothing was broken. Unfortunately I can't say that about me, as I broke a couple of glasses when I was unpacking. :) It was a longer day than anticipated, but everytime I asked one of the movers to move a box or furniture item to a different location, the response was always a sincere "no problem." All of my furniture arrived in pristine condition, and they assembled it back together with no issues. My only wish is that there was a better process to estimate the move, as the difference between the estimate and the final total was $600. I knew that I would need some help finalizing the packing, but was not anticipating that it would add three and 1/2 hours to the estimated time. Overall, I would certainly use them again. Thank you, Two Movers and a Truck for making a stressful time just a little less stressful.

Description of Work
packing, loading, unloading, staging furniture, assembling and disassembling furniture

01/24/2012

DON S.

I contacted Two Men and a Truck because I previously used the company in Washington State and had a good experience. I called and went through a relatively complete inventory of my belongings that needed to be moved. I explained that we were moving to a single level house but the house is built into the side of a hill and there are 20 or so steps up to the house. I was given a couple of quotes; 1 with 1 truck and 2 movers and a second with 2 trucks and 4 movers. The price was comparable especially if I needed more than one truck (28' is all they have). I chose the 2 trucks which was probably a blessing for all of us. The guys arrived exactly on time and they sent 5 movers even though they were charging me for 4. We moved from a 4 bedroom house packed with furniture and took our refrigerator, washer, dryer and a good sized outside storage unit, It took less than 7 hours to complete the move including a 45 minute break for which there was no charge. Everything arrived safely and without damage. All 5 guys were professional, polite and really quite a bit of fun to work with. Each box and piece of furniture was labelled with a number signifying which room in the new house items were to go to. Each room also had a sign on it so that it was easy to figure out where to put stuff. Everything went where it was supposed to. They asked where furniture should be placed in each room and gladly moved things when it was decided to be put somewhere else. Whoever made the decision to add a 5th mover made a really smart decision. It helped the other 4 since there was trips for each up the stairs and probably made the move go a lot faster and easier on all of them. Overall, a great experience. I would gladly use them again but I'm hoping that I don't have to for a long time. Nothing personal, just don't enjoy moving.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and boxes from 4 bedroom house in central Mesa to west Mesa.

Category moving companies

Hi Member, We are glad that your move went well! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience and we definitely appreciate your recommendation. Thank you, Karina In behalf of Two Men And A Truck Mesa

09/28/2010

Deborah D.

We got up in the middle of the night to close up the house and get our three animals in our vehicles and make the drive to Lake Havasu City from Apache Junction. The movers were over two hours late arriving. As a result they didn't finish the job until about 7:00 pm that evening. Their wardrobe boxes were filthy and we had to pay to use them anyway. The dirtied my wall by leaning the boxes against the wall. They did manage to damage some items which we didn't discover until later. They did not cover my mattress and box. So they also got dirty. They were polite and nice, but it was a very stressful day for us because of the company being so late.

Description of Work
This company moved our furniture from Apache Junction AZ to Lake Havasu City AZ. They picked up our furniture and told us they would be in Lake Havasu City the next day before 8:00 am.

06/03/2010

Noel L.

I did have an incident that impacted my score on their professionalism and quality. One of the movers stole a Visa Gift Card worth $300 from my house. Now, the company did follow up on the complaint, and with my sufficient proof they terminated the employee immediately and encouraged me to press charges to ensure that the incident shows up on the employee's background check for the remainder of his career. Furthermore they reimbursed me the stolen amount, so for all that I really wanted to give the company great remarks. I've had friends use them with absolutely no issues at all, and it really was dumb of me to leave such an item out in the open. No other items were missing and not a single item was otherwise even damaged. I guess my warning was less about the company and more on general behavior when inviting a stranger into your house for services. Even the most thorough background check can sometimes miss a weak character. So basically, be present, have EVERYTHING packed and ready to go (things of value packed), and it will be a super smooth and professional experience with what I call a great company.

Description of Work
This company moved my 2br house to a new house on the other side of Chandler. I had nearly everything packed and moved into the garage, which made things go a little faster. They slacked a little at the end, moving things into the new house, but were super punctual and friendly.

04/27/2010

CHRISTI M.

Two young men arrived on time, wrapped items with drawers and doors in plastic, moved everything out and quickly moved everything into the destination. They were efficient and very professional. One of the best moves I've experienced.

Description of Work
Moved furniture, including a piano.

01/26/2010

Luella T.

They came on time. They were friendly and polite. They were also very careful and nothing got broken. I can’t say enough good things about them. They were just fantastic.

Description of Work
We used Two Men & A Truck to move our things when we moved to a new house.

08/29/2007

Robin S.

The movers were on time, professional and courteous. They did all I asked of them in a timely manner. This was a very small load, but they treated it as if it was a house full of belongings. Very Impressive. Also they were very honest and almost apologetic about the cost-the largest part of this move was the cost for driving time.

Description of Work
The movers picked up a large TV and its stand, loaded it on the truck, padded and secured the load, transported it to Tucson and placed it in an apartment.

01/16/2007

DANIEL C.

The scheduling was smooth and the lady was very friendly. They came on time. I asked for a two-men team, but three men came at no extra cost for me. Their rate is not low, but competitive. They are careful with our furniture and pad-wrapped when needed. Overall, good experience.

Description of Work
Moved big furnitures and some boxes from our apartment to our house.

THANK YOU.

02/08/2006

PAM P.

On time, pleasant, professional, careful with my furniture, and moved very quickly. Compared price with 2 others, and they were least expensive.

Description of Work
Moved large furniture only. We moved our own boxes. Short distance of 9 miles to move. Hourly rate.

12/27/2005

BILL H.

The overall experience was very positive. The fee structure for the job was very straight forward and reasonable with no hidden costs. The crew of two arrived promptly and worked quickly, both loading and unloading the truck. Our items were treated well, and nothing was broken during the move. No complaints whatsoever. Great choice at least for moving things across town.

Description of Work
Quick move from Gilbert to Ahwatukee.

11/18/2005

BARBARA B.

VERY NICE WORKERS. WE ACTUALLY GOT THREE TO HELP US! THEY WERE FRIENDLY, CAREFUL WITH OUR THINGS AND EAGER TO DO WHATEVER WE NEEDED DONE. GOT A PRICE BREAK BECAUSE WE WERE CHARGED ''ACTUAL TIME'' RATHER THAN A TWO HOUR MINIMUM, THIS IS BECAUSE THEY FIT US IN ON THEIR SCHEDULE. THEY DID THE WORK IN A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR. I WOULD DEFINITELY USE THEM AGAIN. THEY CALLED TO LET US KNOW WHEN THEY WERE COMING, AND EVEN HAD THE OFFICE CALL WHEN THEY WERE LATE DUE TO A TRAFFIC PROBLEM! IT IS NICE TO KNOW THEY ARE MOVERS WHO ARE WILLING TO DO THE ''LITTLE'' JOBS, AND WON'T TRY TO OVERCHARGE YOU FOR IT.

Description of Work
IN HOUSE MOVE. CHANGED BEDROOMS TO COMPUTER ROOM, REQUIRING THREE ROOMS OF FURNITURE BE MOVED. SOME UPSTAIRS/DOWNSTAIRS.

08/25/2004

EQUIPMENT USED TO MOVE FURNITURE WAS A BIT OUTDATED. MOVERS WERE VERY CAUTIOUS ABOUT HANDLING FURNITURE CAREFULLY. MOVERS WERE ALSO VERY COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL. THIS WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
MOVERS-MOVED ALL LARGE FURNITURE. TRANSIT DRIVE WAS APPROX. 25 MILES. PRICE WAS DETERMINED BY TIME SPENT ON JOB AND MILEAGE.

Copperstate Moving

Quality: Our highly trained professionals are skilled in moving your furniture with care. They are dedicated to protect and provide a stress free move. We have top of the line moving equipment to ensure your belongings will be moved safely and securely. We have built our Company on our Motto and stand true to it’s cause. Your NOT just another number…We consider you a part of our family. Our time and effort is dedicated to growing in knowledge and experience in the industry to maintain the highest standard of care. Affordable: Our knowledgeable staff knows all the ends and outs of moving. We Excel at providing a Professional moving experience with out ALL the moving cost. We are competitive in our rates and always evolving….We offer seasonal rates and discounts to Military, Teachers and Seniors. Honest: Honesty is one of our Core standards of care. Our staff will keep you informed of all the details of your move from the beginning to the end. It’s your hard earned money and we don’t take that lightly. We appreciate your willingness to allow us to provide you with a top of the line moving experience. Since referrals are the back bone of our Company, we want you to share your experience with others. There are NO surprises and NO hidden fees…That’s our Guarantee! Reliable: Being on time and prepared is our trademark. Our crews are given ample time to prepare for each move. With daily updates and schedules our staff maintains a functional working environment to guarantee on time arrival. We understand that Moving can be stressful…That is why we take all the measures needed to ensure you receive prompt communication and reliable transportation. https://copperstatemoving.com/

Combine Movers

Our specialty is moving. We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate!

OMD

Moving household good and store delivery We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

DOT# 1423974
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

• Residential & commercial moves • Local & long distance moves • Boxes • Packing services We offer many items that will protect your items for your move.

We cannot load a truck that is not ours.