Todd's Porcelain & Fiberglass Repair

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2004

1829 S Horne Ste. 14

Mesa, AZ 85204

Don't Replace, Refinish! -- And save up to 80% of the cost of replacing you tub or shower. Todd's is a bathtub refinishing and repair and company in Mesa, Arizona. Serving all of Maricopa County, we have been operating since 1978 and have refinished or repaired over 118,000 units. We serve homeowners, contractors, plumbers, hotels, apartment complexes, hospitals, senior communities and plumbers, providing solutions to replacing bathtubs and showers. Services provided by Todd’s - • Repair Chips - Tubs, Showers, Tile and Sinks • Repair Weak or Cracked Tub and Shower Floor • Refinish Tubs, Showers, Tile, Sinks and Countertops • Convert Fiberglass Tub to Step-in Shower (shower curtain and doors not provided) • Grab Bars Installation • Non-slip Surface for Tub Floor Our technicians are full-time employees (not part-time subcontractors on commission) and they each drive company-owned trucks. Their average service with Todd's is 15 years. We guarantee our work and warranties are provided for completed jobs. In addition to being awarded the Super Service Award in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 by Angie's List, we maintain a Better Business Bureau A+ rating and are in excellent standing with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) #217493 and 217494. Call today for a Free estimate!...

07/15/2018

Stacey B.

Never responded to my message. Left two messages via text in 8 days.

Description of Work
A crack repaired in my porcelain sink.

Category bathtub refinishing

i am sorry they were working on the phones lines here . but how can i help you ?? you have a crack in a porcelain sink ?? what color is the under mount of the sink if its blue its porcelain if black its cast iron , if off white or beige its a china lav and my material does not adhered to the surface thanks

04/04/2018

DAVID H.

The job was done very professionally.

Description of Work
bathtub refinishing

Category bathtub refinishing

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate you sharing your kind words about our bathtub, shower and sink refinishing services. Since 1978, we have been repairing and refinishing tubs throughout Maricopa County and we are happy to hear yours is one of them! The Todd's Team of Employees

04/10/2017

T D.

I would highly recommend Todd's it was a two day project, my installer Austin was very clean, neat and walked me through all the steps as he was going along. My tub looks brand new and I would definitely ask for Austin to be your installer!

Description of Work
Tub refinished

11/08/2016

Barbara S.

I called Todd's and had an appointment in 4 days. Austin did a great job in repairing the chip. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
After getting our bathroom remodeled a chip suddenly appeared on our bathtub.

08/24/2015

Donna & Steve E.

Tried to make an appointment for a quote with Denise At Todd's in March, and was given a quote on having refinishing completed on existing shower stall after describing our situation. I explained that the shower stall was a one piece stall including floor, without any damage or existing repairs and that the fiberglass surface was just rough and we wanted to bring back the "new" look to the shower. Denise explained that the quote could change after technician inspected the shower stall on day that work was to be started. Technician inspected the shower stall on the day we scheduled to start the job, and said that a lot of repair had to be done to the microscopic chips in the porcelain and that he could not complete job in a couple days, that it would take several days and the quote would have to be recalculated. He took photos with his phone and sent to office and company called technician back with new quote after reviewing photos. Technician said that it would cost another $250.00 to do refinishing and repairs. We advised the technician that we did not like to be "upsold" by 50%, and his response was, "well, the company wanted to charge another $300.00, but I talked them down to $250.00". We made the decision that Todd's Porcelain and Fiberglass Repair was not the company for us. When I spoke with Denise on the phone initially, I asked for an appointment for someone to come out and examine shower stall before scheduling the actual job, and was told that they do not do pre-estimates. I believe this would have solved the problem if handled prior. We went with another company who was able to do the job without any type of "repairs" to the microscopic chips.

Description of Work
Did not accept new quoted fee, so no work was completed.

06/26/2015

Mick W.

Todd?s did a great job of re-finishing my tub and shower surround. It looks brand new and comes with a 5-year warranty. We did have a glitch early on regarding what needed to be done but it was resolved. What happened was they never asked me on the phone if my bath had already been re-finished in the past. It had, but I didn't know that and would have had no way of knowing it. The quote was given to me over the phone, as I was told that no physical inspection was required ahead of time. When Mike showed up to start the job I was informed that it would take and extra day and an extra $500.00. He also had to drive all the way back to Mesa for additional equipment. The owner and I came to a compromise on the price and work proceeded. Mike was very personable and highly professional and did a fantastic job.He was so quiet and efficient that my (highly strung) cat barely even noticed he was there. I recommend Todd?s, but make sure you have a real good understanding about what is needed before you take time off of work to be there for the job.

Description of Work
Tub & shower surround re-finish with grab bar installation.

06/20/2015

Very pleased. Looks as good as new. Came to go estimate ended up doing the job. Very reasonably priced. Pleasant person. Recommend.

Description of Work
Local Patch and fix gel coat on fiberglass tub.

02/10/2015

Charley H.

I liked their price. The quality of work was excellent. They were professional.

Description of Work
We had a tub that had some bad stains in it. They resurfaced the interior of the tub.

01/20/2015

Barbara S.

The team that came out was awesome. I had received other quotes that were triple in price because they wanted to basically replace the entire shower. Todd's was able to fix the isolated problem with the crack in the floor of the shower pan. They did an awesome job and saved me a ton of money. I would highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Fixed a crack in the porcelain shower pan.

01/18/2015

Leslie C.

Provider was able to send a man over immediately due to a cancellation. My tub had been painted by the previous owner and was a mess. The workman was able to determine if it was worthwhile to try to remove the paint. He did an excellent job and it was very tedious. The tub was in great shape underneath the paint and I didn't have to refinish it. The total cost was only $175. Will definitely recommend

Description of Work
Removed old paint from fiberglass tub and shower unit

01/09/2015

Mike S.

Provider said its a 2 day process. !st day. Provider arrived on time. Spent about 8 hours. First stripped all previous material from sink to get to base coat. Then he applied first coat of finish, then sanded surface, then applied second coat. He covered all surfaces around sink very well and I found NO residue or refinishing product anywhere but on the sink where they belonged. He left his fan ventilator in case the smell was still too strong. It worked out well because the we have a small window through which we put the vent tube. I ran the ventilator for another 1.5 hrs and that was enough. 2nd day He arrived at about 1pm because 2nd day's work takes less time. I pointed out to him two small areas where defects were still present one of which was rough to the touch. He agreed to rework the sink. He stripped off all the finish he applied on day 1 and sanded the rough areas all further down to the fiberglass sink surface. He then applied a brand new finish and left at about 6pm. 3rd day. He arrived about 9am on Saturday. I told him we were very happy with the finished sink and he could proceed with the final steps. I recommend this company to anyone wanting to refinish kitchen sinks. Most companies don't do kitchen sinks anymore but this company didn't hesitate to take it on. I'm very satisfied and would use them again.

Description of Work
Provider refinished the Kitchen Sink.

12/19/2014

Charles B.

Prompt, courteous, excellent job. We'll have to wait and see if it lasts which has been my problem in the past with tub refinishing.

Description of Work
Stripped and refinished tub.

10/06/2014

Gary L.

They did an excellent job, and I wanted to make sure to give that feedback. The service was excellent! They were very resepctful of our home, came in and did the job perfectly, cleaned up, and had no problems.

Description of Work
They repaired our bathtub.

08/22/2014

nathan C.

for the price i got it was worth it. others wanted 450-600 bucks. call him and set a appointment. no run around. work has a 2 year warranty. he did everything i wanted him to do. no mess or surprises.

Description of Work
he resuface the bottom part of the tub and reforce it with foam. painted it to matching color.

Category bathtub refinishing, interior painters

07/28/2014

Suzanne V.

I was concerned that I would be able to see where the repair was compared to the rest of the tub, but it was totally seamless. It looked like there was no repair work done. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Repaired a worn area of tub & blended repair with rest of tub.

03/29/2014

Cheri H.

Couldn't even see patches or uneven areas! Fabulous. Needed to repair it as part of selling the house. It was quick!!!

Description of Work
Shower had very old plastic/fiberglass insert. The walls and floor had many pits and small holes. The tech somehow patched and coated to make it look like new.

03/05/2014

Janine G.

Todd's sent Walt who is a repair technician. He was amazing. He explained what he would do and showed me the color he would use and why. The shower floor looked better than when we bought the house new. He had to return on a different day to caulk. It was an extra charge, but really worth it. I would highly recommend Todd's and I would ask for Walt. It was worth subscribing to Angie's List just to find quality people!

Description of Work
We had a shower floor that was cultured marble and was damaged. It was cleaned, had repairs done then refinished and caulked.

Category bathtub refinishing

[removed member name], Thanks for sharing your evaluation of the tub repair service Todd's Porcelain & Fiberglass Repair provided you. Walter has been with Todd's for 20 years of our total 36 years in business. So glad your are pleased! Gary W. Farrell, Owner www.ToddsBathtubs.com

02/05/2014

Mary M.

They do a great job. I would / will use them again, if needed.

Category ceramic tile

10/26/2013

Tom B.

Discussed the process via phone and received an estimate during our first phone call . The process was exactly as described over the phone when we discussed the process and the estimate. This was also exactly as stated on their website. The technician was very professional in all the prep work and in the actual refinishing process. He was careful and did very nice, precision work. They did an excellent job, cleaned up everything and we could not be happier with the results - the tub looks brand new. we would definitely recommend Todd's to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinished our bathtub.

Category bathtub refinishing

[removed member name], Thank you for taking time to share your evaluation of the tub refinishing service Todd's Porcelain & Fiberglass Repair provided you. Having served Maricopa County for the past 35 years, we take pride in continually pleasing our clients. Sincerely, Gary W. Farrell, Owner [removed website]

09/29/2013

edward R.

these guys are truly professional - they do excellent work - the tub looks brand new

Description of Work
strip previous bad refinish job and refinish the way it should have been done a few years ago

09/10/2013

Barbara B.

They were professional and on time. Did a good job.

Description of Work
Refinished shower floor to make it skid resistant

Category bathtub refinishing

[member name removed], Thank you for your positive review of our service to refinish your bathtub! Since 1978, Todd's has been fixing ugly tubs ans showers throughout Maricopa County. We always want to put a smile on our customer's face, by providing good service from A to Z.

07/22/2013

Stephen G.

Prepped the tub and masked off other areas of the bathroom and helped me select the most appropriate color ....sprayed new finish. My job was on a Thursday. It needed to cure for 48 hours so they returned on Monday to remove all masking and polish tub. It looks great....love it...I would definitely use them again. Friendly, knowledgeable, professional !!

Description of Work
Refinish steel tub with new porcelain

05/31/2013

KARLA P.

Rather than replace our worn 39-year old fiberglass tub enclosures, we decided to try refinishing. Todd's had been recommended to me by a friend who was very impressed with their work. The work consisted of filling and polishing surface scratches and dents in tub enclosures in two bathrooms. The workman was highly efficient and professional, and the finished product was amazing -- no one would guess the age of the enclosures once the work was done. I very highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repaired several surface imperfections in fiberglass tub enclosures.

05/18/2013

DOUGLAS M.

I had been thinking of getting a new tub/enclosure for a recently purchased house. I decided to wait and clean up the one I had. When I started to clean the bottom, I discovered a significant cracks in the bottom of the tub. It was also difficult to clean due to the type of non slip mat on the bottom. I called a friend of mine who was a fix-up guy and he recommended Todd's. They were great, drilled holes in the tub and put self hardening foam underneath to stop any future cracks. They then put new surface on the bottom and refinished the tub and enclosure. It looks like new for a fraction of the cost of replacing. I am very pleased with the price and result.

Description of Work
Fixed crack in bottom of Tub, refinished tub and enclosure.

03/25/2013

Jeremy J.

Extremely well. Steve did a great job and was very professional. He came in, took his time to walk me through the process, and completed the job as described. My only complaint was that paying by credit card took too long. He had to call in my credit card number, but couldn't get a hold of his supervisor. This was not Steve's problem at all, but appeared to be an issue with their office staff not supporting their field people. Really you don't have time to take my money? Finally on the forth try she responded. It was a bit awkward standing in my kitchen waiting for them to respond.

Description of Work
I purchased a home that had a bathmat glued to the bottom of the tub. It started to come up, and the previous owners didn't take care of it. When I moved into the home it had mold and mildew growing on the bottom of the tub. I tried to repair it myself, but sanded it down too far. The tub leaked water. Todd's came out and was able to salvage my tub. They evaluated the tub to determine which repairs needed to be done. He tried to match the color to my tub. He then sealed off the drain, and rolled some special stuff on it. I'm not sure what chemicals he used, but they definitely did the trick. My tub looks great! The smell is a bit much, but I just turned on the exhaust fan and closed the door for 48 hours. When I opened it the smell was gone and my tub was shiny and new.