Rainforest Plumbing & Air

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2004

3.9

2911 N Norwalk

Mesa, AZ 85215

Rainforest Plumbing & Air is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Our mission is to deliver excellence in customer service by being timely, accurate and fair....

02/04/2021

Manuel R.

Very prompt. knowledgeable, informative. Explained the process! Cleaned up after everything too!

Description of Work
Bradley was the gentleman that came out. He was servicing two toilets. He also installed our shower knob and shower head for the shower. Marilyn in the office was awesome as well for scheduling!

Category plumbing

Wow! This is great to hear! It'[Member Information Removed] always great to hear back that things went well. We appreciate your trust. Please let us know if you need anything else.

12/06/2020

Trenton M.

Rainforest installed the wrong water heater over a year ago, and then charged me for a conversion kit since they installed a propane heater when I have natural gas. Their little way to make extra money charging for the conversion kit. Well it was installed wrong and 6 days ago the orfice tube got clogged by natural gas burning and a technician showed up for a warranty call to fix it and hasn't been back. I have called their dispatch 3 times and spoke with 3 different people giving each of them the same information and STILL I wait for hot water. NOBODY has done their job. The original plumber, this recent plumber, their 3 dispatch people, and their owner who guarantees a 5 Star installation.

Description of Work
I needed a water heater repaired

Category water heater repair, drain pipe

12/02/2020

Patricia A L.

Excellent. Ebby was so very nice and professional and went above and beyond expectations.

Description of Work
New air conditioning unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, drain pipe

Wow! This is great to hear! It's always great to hear back that things went well. We appreciate your trust and will pass on your kinds words to Ebbie!

09/11/2020

Qi Z.

prompt response from the business, friendly visit from the technician. Only thing is they charge $298 to replace a kitchen sink faucet. I had a local handy man replaced it yesterday, it took him 40mins. And he charged $85. Running a business cost money I get, but the overhead shouldn't be 70%.

Description of Work
Faucet replacement

Category plumbing, drain pipe

03/24/2020

Vimbai M.

They showed up late and gave a quote that was 300 % of normal

Description of Work
Sewer line blocked

10/01/2019

Dustin M.

Everything was great. They were pretty quick and they had options to consider.

Description of Work
They came out for garbage disposal issue and some water line replacement.

Category plumbing

Thank you for your kinds words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

08/24/2018

Larry S.

Perfect. Professional throughout. Great response, especially for summer in Phoenix. Was informed of Tech's name and when I was next. Tech called me when he was on his way to my house. Corrected my ducting, and checked for other possible problems.

Description of Work
Duct work repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

06/13/2016

Bruce O.

We were wary to call Rainforest since they didn't have great reviews on Yelp, Google, & Angie's list; in fact the reviews seemed bad. But when repairing outside water faucets ourselves went south & with the whole house without water on a hot Saturday morning, we had to call a plumber & get this done ASAP. First two companies were booked solid till Monday. Ok. Rainforest picked up the phone & said they could have a guy over in the next 3 hours. Minimum fee, service call fee? Nope. They said he'll show up, check it out, give us a quote, up to us to proceed or not. The tech called and was actually here in one hour; quick response. Henry showed up and seemed like a good guy. He looked at the hose bibs, we spoke a bit, he went back to his van & wrote up a quote. When presented with the quote, we thought it was fair, being same day service & all. We signed the quote. This was good because now I felt like no hidden charges would pop up during the repairs. Henry got to work & repaired two janky old hose bibs on our 1973 home. Second one he did was a challenge, but he kept at it, making sure there was not a single drop leaking out. The pipe sticking out of the house was just a little nub, and was difficult to attach the hose bib to.. He was thorough and did it three times until it was 100% sealed. All & all he was working about 1.5 hours, and it's done. Two nice new hose bibs, zero leaks. Henry was honest, friendly, communicative, professional, and answered all our questions. Like I said I believe the price was ok, repair work plus the very fast same-day response time on a busy Saturday. Rainforest does plumbing & AC. I don't have any experience with the AC part, but Henry the plumber was terrific and we like they way Rainforest does business. 5 stars, highly recommended, thank you Henry.

Description of Work
fixed two exterior hose bibs. same day service.

04/28/2014

wim H.

My water heater had a leak and I needed a plumber to replace it. I work for A plumbing supply house and was able to by the water heater itself at cost. So I just needed someone for the installation. I worked with Rainforest before and their prices always seemed reasonable. I had an appointment with a plumber to give me a quote. He was about half an hour late. I showed him the location and the new heater. For me it seemed to be a straightforward job, but he needed to talk with his manger to give me a price for the replacement. The price they came up with was $450.00 plus parts. He mentioned that if I would need a new ball valve they would charge me $75.00 for that. Knowing that a ball valve cost around $10.00 at home depot, It seemed to me that their prices were very steep. when I made a remark that 450.00 for on maybe two hours work was very steep, he responded that they worked with flat pricing per job. I ended up finding a plumber who could do the job for less than half the price.

Description of Work
Quote for replacement of water heater

08/15/2012

Jeff C.

See above.

Description of Work
I called Rainforest Plumbing to fix my hot water heater. The pilot light had gone out. The unit was only 1 and a half years old. The technician came out and recommended that I change out the pilot assembly myself as the problem appeared to be the thermocouple in the pilot assembly. He said it was fairly easy to do and described the procedure to us. Our water heater was under warranty for parts only (not labor). The technician did not charge us for anything! I got a new assembly from a plumbing supply store (at no cost) and changed it out. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem as the pilot would light as before but not stay lit. I then called Rainforest again. Again the same technician came out. He agreed with me that the problem was likely the valve assembly box or controller cover for it. He even gave me his personal phone number to call him when he wasn't working. Again, he did not charge us for a service call or any labor even though he did test out the unit again. I was able to get both of these items from the plumbinb supply store for no charge (under warranty). The problem turned out to be the valve assembly. It took some effort on my part to change this out, but in the end it cost me $0.00. Most people reading this review may not ever want to do any of this kind of work themselves, but for me it was satisfying to do it and pay no money for anything. I'd also think most other plumbers would have charged something even if they were unable to fix the problem.

Category water heater repair

02/24/2012

Susan G.

The technician was there as scheduled and was very courteous and efficient. He thoroughly checked the central air system and the heating system. Price was as discussed and very reasonable. The people in the office were very courteous and scheduled the appointment for our convenience. We will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Scheduled RainForest to come out and check out and service our A/C and heating systems.

09/25/2007

Ken K.

First call they came out on a Friday, used a root bit, and said it was good. Sewer backed up again less than a week later. Called them out again. This guy also said it was roots, but said the first guy used the wrong "bit." Snaked pipe again, and said it should be good. Sewer backed up AGAIN, and they said that they would send in the camera. We were out of town when they came by. Diagnosed the pipe as collapsed, and maintained that 45'-50' of sewer line would need to be replaced. Estimated cost of $6250-6600. We got an estimate from another company after Rainforest took over a week to respond, and it ended up being half the price. When the other company came out to do it (after removing 12' of concrete and digging 5' down) nothing was wrong. Pipe only had a GREASE CLOG. Ended up costing us over $3000 for a grease clog. Don't ever call these obvious scammers. Either they don't know what they are doing, or they are trying to take people for a ride.

Description of Work
Snaked sewer pipe 2 times, and sent in a "camera" for detection of issue.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

09/15/2004

THEY PROVIDED PROMPT, COURTEOUS SERVICE AND CAME ON SHORT NOTICE.

Description of Work
THEY UNCLOGGED DRAINS.

Category drain cleaning

08/09/2004

HE WAS OUT DOING A HOME WARRANTY CALL, BECAUSE THE PIPE WAS PUNCTURED DUE TO A NAIL IN THE BASEBOARD, THE WARRANTY WOULD NOT COVER IT. HE WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL IN MAKING ME HAVE NO CHOICE IN PAYING HIM. HE SAID IT COULD TAKE HOURS OR NOT TOO LONG SO I COULD EITHER PAY HIM $150 OR XX AMOUNT PER HOUR WITH THE CHANCE OF IT TAKING MANY HOURS. I CHOSE $150 AND IT TOOK HIM A VERY SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME TO FIX. HE WAS WELL AWARE OF THIS AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME. HE PULLED THIS SCHEME ANOTHER TIME ON A DIFFERENT REPAIR (I DID NOT USE HIM THEN) SO I THINK IT IS DONE FREQUENTLY.

Description of Work
HAD A LEAK IN A PIPE BEHIND A WALL. THEY CUT THE DRYWALL, CUT THE PUNCTURED WATER PIPE AND SOLDERED THE PIPE.

Custom Plumbing of Arizona

Custom Plumbing of Arizona better known as the Drain Whisperers, the home of the 69.00 drain. No trip charge, No extra charges for nights and weekends Apples to apples price guarantee. If you’re looking for a Plumbing company that isn't looking to make you laugh at their commercials then make you cry when you get the bill, Call 602-Too-Cool. That’s 602-866-2665

Offers by Custom Plumbing of Arizona on Angi
    SMW Refrigeration & Heating, LLC

SMW Refrigeration and Heating, has been doing business for over 50 years as a family-owned, licensed, bonded, and insured HVAC contractor. Our services include professional installation, expert repair, and full maintenance. We are local to the Tempe area and are able to service the whole valley while still delivering the quality care and attention one would expect from a family-owned company. As a Trane Comfort Specialist, we get the best prices for Trane products and we are a factory authorized dealer for several other leading manufacturers. Superior equipment with extraordinary service at competitive prices and experienced technicians has given us a leading edge in our industry. We are Available 24 Hours a Day | 365 Days a Year!

Offers by SMW Refrigeration & Heating, LLC on Angi
    Summit Plumbing Pros

Summit Plumbing Pros is a residential plumbing company dedicated to doing great work with great prices. We understand the challenge of finding reliable plumbers and we are here to help with honest, exceptional plumbing work.

Arizona
    Arizona: Contractors
    02/28/2023
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Residential and commercial plumbing, heating & cooling. Services include all phases of plumbing: drain clearing, leak detection, camera for piping system diagnostics, hydro-jetting, slab leak repairs, water heater repair and replacement, boiler and chiller systems, emergency repair and repairs to all fixtures and systems. HVAC services include: trouble shooting diagnostics, condensor/compressor/air handler/fan motor replacement, evap cooling, low-temp refrigeration, and heat pump repair.