MK Remodeling & Design

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2010

8051 E Plymouth

Mesa, AZ 85207

MK Remodeling & Design is a family owned and operated business that provides whole home remodeling services. We strive to create a client friendly experience from the design phase to the completion of your remodel; an experience that enhances your new space. Our priority is to realize our clients' vision and dreams through full collaboration during the project and providing the best value based on our client's budgetary needs. We have a proven record of satisfied customers and exceeding expectations. Whether you are looking to create the bath or kitchen of your dreams or expanding your home, the MK Remodeling & Design team looks forward to working with you....

03/26/2019

Dennis C.

I picked this contractor because they are a family run business. I am glad I did because Mike, his son, and his daughter were very responsive and great to work with throughout the project. I am a retired contractor and I realize small residential remodels are the toughest. Mike kept me informed during the entire process and his family help guide me selecting the best products. No remodel goes without challenges but their sincere desire to do a great job created a pleasant experience. The finished project is exactly what I wanted. I would definitely use MK Remodeling again!

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel including demo of old shower, tile floor, and plumbing.

Category home remodeling

05/07/2018

Gayle Z.

I am very happy with the job Mike, Kristina and the entire crew completed. I have a smaller house which the kitchen need to be remodeled and much needed storage space. I made an appointment with Mike and he was on time and listened to my overall needs. The estimation was provided at the time he promised. The estimation was in the "middle " of the other estimations, but I liked the Mike's professionalism. Kristina listened to my overall needs and was able to come up with a concept I loved. Constructed started on time, everyone arrived on time and the house was clean when they left. There was only one delay ( one day only), otherwise all the work was done when promised. Any questions I had were answered by Mike or Kristina in a timely manner. If I had questions on billing, James responded quickly and was able to answer all my questions. I have extremely happy with the final outcome of the remodel and I have more storage than I have ever had. I would definitely use MK Design again!

Description of Work
I remodeled my kitchen, leveled a step down living room to one level and retiled entire home.

Category interior designers, remodeling

10/13/2017

Gary B.

Exceptionally well done, very large project involving two story demo and total reconstruction of upstairs and downstairs. Workers were always on time, great communications with owners, they go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied with the end result. Very honest and trustworthy family, no change orders or surprises which really pleased us.

Description of Work
Total remodel of two story home (which included removing and laying new tile and hardwood stairs on both floors, added additional lighting throughout house, removed and added new doors throughout house, removed old wall paper and repainted every room (including ceilings), extended patio deck and handled all permitting through the city, installed new ceiling fans, prewired electrical for new TV's and bar area. In a nut shell, the house was gutted and remodeled.

Category ceramic tile, decks, electrician, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors, patios

06/27/2017

Yukon T.

The thing I liked about their service was that they were young. The scheduling wasn't great, but that's the way things seem to go.

Description of Work
I had some plumbing issues and some mold issues and they took care of that. It was in February of 2016. They took out the cabinets and did some plumbing. And then the plumber came in and did some stuff, then they put the cabinets back in. It was about $2500 I would guess.

Category cabinet refacing

Lori R.

The original layout of the master bedroom and bathroom was not very functional for any kind of furniture. We had to create a true separation between the bathroom and the master suite. He took out the pony walls and the big columns and we had him close off part of the wall to create a new off center entryway from the bedroom area to the bathroom. He removed the wet bar, bar sink and fireplace off one wall and moved it to the new wall and put in the pass through fireplace. I like the effect of having a fireplace in the bedroom. He also had a guy come in and extend the hard wood flooring because some cabinets were removed. Once the cabinets and fireplace were removed, there was unfinished flooring. He did it nicely so that you don't see a seam where the old cabinets use to end. They blended it in so that it looks like it was a complete floor to begin with. The original floor was stained and the new sections had to be sanded down and re-stained to get it to match. We also had him remove a large vanity in the bathroom. He found matching replacement tile to match the existing tile in the bathroom to finish off the new area of the floor that was exposed. He kept the existing vanity cabinets and had them re-stained. There was one drawer that was missing that had to be re-built and created. He installed new counter tops, sinks and new faucets. They re-aligned the wall lighting over the sinks. The shower area was very small, so they took out a wall to enlarge the shower area. They created a new shower door. They had to repair some leaking plumbing in the shower. They re-tiled the floor and the walls of the shower. They replaced a ceiling light over the shower. It was a pretty extensive remodeling of the master bedroom area. I thought the guys he had come in for doing all of the different jobs, like the electricians, guys that did cabinet work, re-staining work, and the guys that did flooring all did quality work on the job they did. They especially did quality work for all of the changing of the colors of some of the wood pieces. They showed up when they said they would show up. The clean up afterwards was done very well. There wasn't a mess all over the place at the end of the day when they finished their job. They got back to me pretty quickly if I had any questions or concerns about the work. They always gave me feedback on ideas that I would have, and would let me know if there would be any price difference for any extra work. He came up with an idea how to change the shower so I wouldn't have to add extra expense relocating a hot water heater. He gave me good feedback to help control unnecessary work and to save money. I really appreciated that. It was a pretty good experience overall. I have no complaints about it. They had guys coming out around our schedule, so they were very accommodating.

Description of Work
They completely remodeled our master bedroom. They built a wall between our master bedroom and bathroom. They put a pass through fireplace in.

Lori R.

They guys are great. It looked beautiful. After they were done, it looked great. They did exactly what we wanted. The customer service and the people that came in and did the work were really good. They spoke English and several times we were not home, so they came in and did the work without us being here. They were very, very trustworthy which is important because I don't like people being in my house. I wish they would've sealed off a little better because there was a lot of dust from the sanding. They tried their best, but it just gets everywhere. It took them about three weeks because they had to gut everything.

Description of Work
They remodeled the bathroom and the shower. They put in all new counter tops. We had them remodel a Jack and Jill bathroom as well as remodeled another bathroom. They did all of these things in stages. They installed some lights in the bathroom. They re-tiled and replaced the shower doors. They put in new floors and sinks.

Category home remodeling

Lori R.

They were awesome. It was done very quickly. I liked their quality of work. They have great communication. Their customer service is very good. They are very helpful and make suggestions on what should be done. I can't complain. They are very reasonable. We have used them several times. I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
They dug a trench for us. We had some wires and a pipe that wasn't properly stored under the ground that led from our house to our pool area in our backyard. They had to dig up the entire back yard and bury the wires and piping correctly so that it was up to code.

Category excavators

10/31/2016

Douglas S.

No issues, all services performed as promised

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

12/01/2015

joe F.

Mike was very professional in all aspects of the remodel job. I felt very comfortable with him and his crew. He finished on time and on budget. We removed an existing wall and replaced it a bit further back in our room. We had to move the air-exchanger and rework some lighting and other electrical. They were on the job site everyday from 7:00am until 3:00pm for about a week. They left the job site clean. I would recommend MK Remodeling.

Description of Work
MK Remodeling removed and replaced an existing wall. The job entailed HVAC, electrical and carpentry work.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling

04/28/2015

Michael W.

They are very professional, very cost effective and good price. They clean up the area every day, which was very good because we are living in the house while it was being remodeled and it was very well planned. It is a very contract to deal with.

Description of Work
I used MK Remodeling & Design and is a big job.. They started the job in May 2013 and they finished it in January 2014. They put an addition on the house it is painting and much more.

Category remodeling, home builders, house painters

12/23/2014

Tara S.

We received a quote. They were very professional and quick to respond.

Description of Work
We received a quote.

11/20/2014

Pamela L.

MK Remodeling did an excellent job - all of the workers were very proficient at what they did and we are very happy with the result. They made every effort to minimize the impact on my husband and I, who remained living in the house during the work. The designer did a great job of helping me put my ideas together with what is available on the market to end up with the look I wanted. Finally, MK was very friendly and personable - working with them was pleasant and easy. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen enlargement and complete remodel, laundry room remodel, additional bedroom, painting inside and out, window replacement

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

10/30/2014

Nancy L.

Chose to go a different direction. Nice people, though.

Description of Work
Estimate

10/13/2014

Cynthia W.

We decided it was a little more money than i could afford but will definitely consider using their services at a latter date.

Description of Work
listened to our ideas and seemed very willing to try and work with us and gave us some more ideas for a possible future job funds permitting. very accommodating great ideas.

09/30/2014

Susan W.

MK remodeling did a beautiful job remodeling my kitchen. I had my kitchen gutted and completely redone. They are very professional; they completed the kitchen in a timely manner and went out of their way to make me happy. Kristina designed my kitchen; she has a natural talent for understanding what you want (and has excellent taste). Mike is wonderful to work with and will always go out of his way to make sure things are done to your satisfaction.They made a big project easy by handling everything. This honestly was not an inexpensive endeavor, but I am a believer in you get what you pay for. This is the third time I have used MK remodeling and would absolutely use them again for any future project that I may have. ( see before and after photos )

Description of Work
Work was done in two parts: Initially raised ceiling in kitchen, moved washer and dryer to garage from kitchen, installed new lighting, and painted. Second part involved total kitchen remodel with removing walls to create open space; new cabinets, granite, lighting.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

09/17/2014

Catherine T.

I had to first call them and contact them in regards to the Big Deal I had purchased, they told me intially they'd have to come check out my home in a week because they were going on vacation. So the following week they finally come by and I tell them I want privacy for my bedroom and then show me a design of a glass wall when I specifically ask for "privacy". The next design they show me is french doors to enter into my bedroom when I have a smaller house. If you were to sit in my kitchen you could see right into my bedroom. She didnt listen to anything that I wanted. I didnt trust them to do any remodeling for my home. She's very kind but I dont trust her expertise in this matter. They dont listen.

Description of Work
$400 for a Remodel Design Consultation with $500 Credit Toward Remodeling Project

Category remodeling

We were disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet expectations and apologize for any miscommunication or poor service delivery that may have occurred. Once we received notification of your purchase of the coupon, we promptly reached out to set up an initial meeting to go over the space and were in the process of setting up a follow up consultation to go over the concept we started when you canceled the coupon. Since we were in the middle of the design process and had not yet finalized the design, we would like the opportunity to complete the design for your space. Either way, it was nice meeting you and we wish you luck on your remodel.

08/25/2014

Chris T.

Very nice guy, quote was just a little too high.

Description of Work
Quote for a patio door and carport enclosure.

Category remodeling, doors, patios

08/11/2014

Paul K.

The project went very well. We had some delays that were on our part, but MK was always flexible and willing to accommodate. MK was always accessible, and willing to go the extra mile. Mike is a very friendly and clearly wants to do the job right or not at all.

Description of Work
Added a 4th full bathroom to our home using available space from existing large bedroom. Also added hall closet and closet in extra bonus room - making it an additional bedroom.

Category closet systems, remodeling, home remodeling

06/17/2014

Jack S.

They were very professional and responsive. Mike was punctual and very knowledgeable and was able to assess the work we needed to have done quickly and accurately. The price he quoted was within what we had expected and seemed to be fair. In the end, we decided not to have the work done only because it wasn't absolutely necessary, and we chose to save the money instead. If we choose to move forward with this or another project in the future, we will certainly contact this provider.

Description of Work
They provided us with a price quote for work that we were interested in having done.

06/13/2014

Alana H.

Quickly responded to inquiry. I was on a very tight time crunch to get an estimate for some home improvements and Mike was nice enough to email me back immediately with a rough estimate. He was very professional and I would definitely consider using him in the future if repairs are needed.

Description of Work
Estimate

04/29/2014

Michael W.

The cleanup was really good, the quality was really good and their price was really good. The owner’s name is Mike Gillis and he has the knowledge of what to do. When I talked to him, I trusted him because he was very knowledgeable on the whole process and he had good ideas on how to reduce cost without reducing quality at all.

Description of Work
I used MK Remodeling & Design to put an addition onto the house. They put about 1,000 square feet of living space and a 100 square feet of patio.

Category remodeling, sunrooms, patios

04/16/2014

James M.

Mike, James and team offered a fair price, were progressional in their contracting process, follow up and execution of the work. I am very pleased with work and would use again.

Description of Work
Reframed a former dining room into a den, adding French doors and single door, also filled into a 3'x4' arched opening between rooms and textured to match existing drywall.

Category remodeling

Thank you [member name removed]! We appreciate the feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

12/18/2013

Jacob G.

Mike, James and Christina work together as a great team. Each has their strengths and they communicate among each other very well, so things move smoothly. The quality of the work was high-end and beautiful. They stayed on budget and were very transparent in the breakdown of costs. Outside of a few minor scheduling glitches with some of the sub-contractors, everything was what we had hoped for. Above all, my family and I trust the MK Remodeling and Design group. They are honest, hardworking people who car.

Description of Work
MK Remodeling and Design remodeled our home. The kitchen, family room, flooring, bathroom and sport court all look amazing!

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, plastering, remodeling, fireplaces, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

10/07/2013

natalie A.

estimate went well. cost was too high decided to do the work ourselves.

Description of Work
gave estimate

10/06/2013

Jonathan D.

We had new cabinets installed with granite countertops, backsplash, and recessed lighting. Mike was responsive to our needs and he worked with us to stay in our budget. He and Kristina helped us with design and gave us many ideas that we never thought we could do with our kitchen. They helped us getting a faucet, sink, hood, and hardware. They showed us different options so we could choose what we liked. His team was always on time and professional. Even our two year old daughter was happy to see them to come to the house every morning. The quality of work was beyond our expectations. We are very pleased with our new renovated kitchen. And we will definitely use MK Remodeling again for future projects.

Description of Work
Mike and his team remodeled our kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Drew's Drywall and Handyman Services

Hey neighbors its Andrew your drywall repair expert who you can trust. Looking to help out with my experience. No matter the size shape or location. I can make your home whole again. If your focus is on repair I alter in matching existing texture and make holes disappear. I also specialize in installation if you need help with installing new drywall I handle it all . Give me a call or text at 480-815-1502 so we can set up a free estimate so I can get your project started thank you again.

Croc Painting Company

Address: 1501 E Baseline Road, Suite 111, Gilbert, AZ, 85233 Croc Painting Company is a full-service painting company serving the Phoenix East Valley, Paradise Valley, and Scottsdale, Arizona. We are proud to offer superior customer service and professional workmanship to both residential and commercial customers. Whether you need to touch up or repaint your home or business an entirely new color, Croc is here to help.

Streamline Plumbing AZ

Streamline Plumbing is a family based company specializing in service/repair, remodels, and new installations. After 10+ years of plumbing service in the state of Wisconsin my family, (and company) have moved to the great state of Arizona where we plan to focus on outstanding customer service and competitive pricing. Our company has a low overhead which allows us to pass on some savings to the customer. We take pride in showing up on time and doing the job right, the first time! Call anytime at 480-238-5000 or learn more about us today at www.streamlineplumbingnow.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Custom Kitchen, Bathroom, Living Space Upgrades, Luxury Showers & Baths, Room Additions, Patio Additions, Decks, Garage Upgrades. Stone, Porcelain, Wood Flooring. Kitchen & Bath Cabinets, Kitchen & Bath Design, Interior & Exterior Paint.