Dry Star Restoration LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2012

Servicing both Phoenix & Tucson

Mesa, AZ 85215

We are a one stop shop for Water Mitigation and Rebuild Services and have been a leader in water damage and fire damage restoration in Arizona since 2012. We are Clean Trust certified in “Water Damage Restoration and Applied Structural Drying.” Our team of trained specialists guide each customer through every step of the restoration process. We are a locally owned and operated and have been serving the valley for over 8 years now. In addition, we are EPA lead paint certified and BBB accredited. We do not perform bio hazard remediation. richard@drystaraz.com...

09/03/2020

Shannon M.

They are a great company to work with. All of the technicians, to the office personnel and the contractor were great. Phenomenal work. I highly recommend. Friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Emergency Drying from water damage

Category drywall,water damage restoration,woodworking,asbestos removal,mold removal

08/08/2020

Kim N.

Great at first, then areas of drywall that were water damaged were not removed like other areas. Large mirror and damaged drywall not removed, bathtub was removed and left in kitchen, 4 large full construction trash bags left in bathroom along with debris on floor. Custom base trim removed and thrown away (should have saved). Ventilation not closed off letting dust infiltrate HVAC system.

Description of Work
Remediation of bathroom water damadge

06/04/2020

Paula S.

All of the employees were so professional and kind. Every department we worked with so professional and efficient. Everyone was always on time and let us know what was happening for each step of the process. Each job was so clean and efficient. After each job the cleanup was very thorough. This company truly cares about their clients. DryStar sure made this stressful situation easier and not so overwhelming.

Description of Work
insulation, baseboards and drywall removed. Fans installed for drying. Ceiling replaced in a couple of places. Drywall, painting and baseboards replaced.

Category drywall,insulation,water damage restoration,interior painters

05/20/2020

Andrea H.

One of our kids let the upstairs bathtub overflow while we were out of town, causing water damage to the bedroom underneath. We were referred to DryStar by a friend and within minutes of us reaching out, we were on the phone with Abbie and she had Spears and Ryan out ASAP. Spears and Ryan assessed the situation and even came back to work with our insurance adjuster, with whom they worked very well with. Spears and Ryan have answered our endless questions (even our quarantine addled "What day is it again?") Prompt, helpful, knowledgeable, totally non-judgmental of all our craziness, patient, and "southern-boy-to-his-mama" level polite. I want to hug them or shake their hands, but they're abiding by the pandemic guidelines. Thank you, Abbie, Spears and Ryan and the DryStar team. You have made a really awful situation for us considerably less stressful. We aren't done yet but we have confidence in your ability to see this to the end with minimal fuss. Thank you.

Description of Work
Mitigation and repair for flooding in home

Category drywall,water damage restoration

04/29/2020

James L.

They were out to my house within 1 day of calling and gave me very good advice on the issues that I was having. They were honest and upfront and I would definitely use them again in the future and would recommend them to anyone that is in need of restoration work or estimates.

Description of Work
Estimate and Advice

Category drywall,mold removal

07/12/2019

Christopher P.

The entire process went by as smooth as could be. I expected with the kind of repairs needed to go through a nightmare scenario but everything was cleared up within a weeks time. The personnel Drystar sent out (Justin, Anthony, Martin, and Chad) were all excellent and very professional.

Description of Work
Mitigation and repairs

Category drywall,flooring contractor,water damage restoration,interior painters

06/21/2019

Brooks H.

Amazing response time, excellent work was performed by justin, colton and John. I wish all contractors were like these guys...could not have gone better

Description of Work
Water damage from leaking toilet

05/13/2019

Karen R.

Emergency services equipment were quickly installed and mold prevented, and then drywall repairs were made and paint was a perfect match. In addition a protective covering was placed on top of the water heater platform, which will prevent said platform being water soaked, should the pan overflow in the future. Excellent workmanship, completed in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
water heater failure produced water damage ub garage and in master bathroom.

Category drywall,water damage restoration,interior painters,mold removal

04/26/2019

Chad F.

These guys are awesome! They came out within 45 minutes of my plumber calling them, fully ready to go. I was a wreck, and Justin and Alfonso were able to get equipment in place, to stop the water from damaging my home more. They were here for 3 days, and then I got a call from Chad and Garrett for repairs. We were able to get new floors at a great price, considering we were able to upgrade for the same cost. I matched all my floors throughout the house, and this turned out to be the best horrific experience ever. Chad knew his stuff about the new flooring, and really went the extra mile to make sure I was happy. I will definitely hire them again to do some home remodel work planned in the future.

Description of Work
Water/insurance repairs

Category carpet cleaners,drywall,flooring contractor,water damage restoration,interior painters,mold removal,basement remodeling

04/25/2019

Sebastian R.

1. For repairs, they want to work directly with your insurance company and leave you out of it. The technician told me that “A lot of people think they can negotiate with the money they received from their insurance company, that is NOT the way it works” - He may have meant that they have a different policy. It was very misleading regardless. 2. I never verbally agreed to nor signed the agreement to have Drystar conduct the repairs, yet somehow they received a signed agreement to conduct the repairs. 3. Billed as an emergency call for a non-emergency contact via Angie's list. 4. They charged the travel time from Phoenix to Tucson and never told me. This includes two trips to press a button on the dehumidifier, which took less than 2 minutes. 5. Attempted to contact the mitigation manager and left voicemail - never received a call back. This is my first negative experience with Angie's list, which I have come to trust over the past several years. Unfortunately, it appears as though I can no longer rely solely on Angie's list rating and reviews. I didn't research further until afterwards and the BBB complaints sound alarmingly similar.

Description of Work
Water remediation

Category water damage restoration

Hello [Member Name Removed], I am definitely confused and also concerned by this review. It is true we try to work directly with your insurance company when doing mitigation and repairs to allow the homeowner to go about their everyday business. That part is only to negotiate what needs to be done and the dollar allotment that will be provided by the insurance. I am currently looking at your file which has a signed mitigation agreement, but not a repairs. We never claimed to have one, only made one phone call and you said you did not wish us to handle the repairs. As for the emergency charge that is a standard charge on the insurance billing network to get a truck to your house. We did not charge that to you nor did we ever charge you. The amount your insurance agreed to pay comes from the program used nationwide to bill in the insurance network. I am sorry you do not agree to these rates, but these are standard in the industry. I am also confused as to your issue with the price as nothing came out of your pocket it was covered fully by your insurance company. If they had an issue with the invoice they have the ability to call and discuss with us and negotiate that. Our very few BBB complaints are almost always billing related which comes from the same computer program all insurance companies use. If there is a way that we could make the financial process better in the future we will definitely try, but the rates will always be what the insurance program allots. Thank You

X-Treme Restoration

Zona Restoration

Zona Restoration is a full service general contractor that specializes in water and mold restoration. We offer 24/7 emergency response and know you'll be satisfied with all of the services we provide.

Preferred Choice Restoration

Here at Preferred Choice Restoration, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the home restoration trade including mold remediation services and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We look forward to earning your business. Contact us today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Full service general contractor focusing on restoration services and Complete Disaster Recovery. Flood extraction, dry out and repairs. Fire damage clean up and restoration and Mold Remediation. License, Bonded, Insured. 24/7 Emergency Services.

bio hazard