Donation Movers LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2012

1826 West Broadway Road Suite 9

Mesa, AZ 85202

Paul Schmitt is the owner/operator and oversees all moves and services provided. He is a 12 year United States Army Veteran so he knows what it takes to move your belongings safely, either down the street or across the valley. All of his employees consist of immediate family members or very close friends. Donation Movers is properly licensed and insured against any and all problems that may arise. With over 5000 moves personally under his belt, you can guarantee a safe and smooth move. Please refer to our testimonials page and feel free to contact any of our prior clients. “Trust Our Family To Move Yours.” Additional email - info@donationmovers.com....

07/10/2018

Juan R.

These guys where all Awesome the team that was sent. Where all Hard working, Very Knowledgeable, I was moving from a bad situation and they made the move quick and i was able to unpack my items with nothing damaged. Thanks again ! and i would recommend them to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Moving into a new home

Category moving companies

Hello [Member Name Removed], We are happy to hear that your moving experience with Donation Movers, was quick, easy and completed to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business and we look forward to helping you again in the future. Best Wishes, Paul S. Shannon P. Donation Movers, LLC

05/06/2018

Shauna J.

Horrible!!!!! PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK OF USING THIS MOVING COMPANY!!!! I spoke with Paul(I think he's the owner) and got a quote for what I needed and set up a date for the move. I was given the 2-6p slot which was ok. The guys called on moving day to let me know they were on their way, they got there at 3:38 and came up to my place, Paul proceeds to tell me how they almost didn't come because the traffic was heavy.... And he had a bit of an attitude because of it like it was my fault. He tells me the truck had some other persons stuff in it that they were supposed to drop off at a donation place but didn't because of the traffic, I told him he could have called me to let me know that they would be late because the had to drop the stuff off to see if I was ok with it...then he asks me how much stuff I had to move and I told him once again, the apartment and the stuff in my garage, he gets bent out of shape and says " well this might be two trips", and started to move things. In the process of moving my stuff all the of the guys had to use my bathroom which each of them took approx 15-20 minutes in there...... Really? So one of the guys hurt his ankle on the last job and (I felt bad for him) pretty much stayed downstairs moving things which of course took longer since he was hurt. Another guy broke one of my book cases and they weren't (and still haven't) going to fix it like it was nothing, one guy told me to use black tape to cover the break in my book case so it won't show... We finally get everything moved five hours later and Paul wants to get paid..... So I bring up the book case and Paul said he'll get the piece from Ikea and get it fixed.... Its been over a week now and still nothing from Paul and his moving company. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone!!!!! I sent him an email discussing their service...... Hello, I wanted to let you know that I wasn't real happy with the service I received from your company for the money I spent. I can understand that you were upset with the traffic and getting to my complex, but that was no excuse for you having an attitude and taking it out on me the customer. I feel that you didn't really give me the service I paid for, which was supposed to be three guys and a truck for $100 an hour plus the $75 for gas and taxes.... the truck wasn't even empty and one of your guys was hurt which wasn't my fault which caused him not to be at full capacity with helping and definitely factored in the time taking longer. I think as a business, there should have been something reduced financially because of that since I didn't cause it to happen. Also, I didn't get a copy of the contract which is bad because now I have nothing showing the agreement that was made for your services. During the move one of your guys broke my book case which if I hadn't said anything about, you would have left and not even tried to do anything about it, and actually you still haven't done anything which you said you'd do. I'm sure you probably won't attempt to fix this situation, but that's ok because believe me everyone I come in contact with will here this story and it will be posted on every site I can get it on, to let people know about the kind of service you give. Sent from my iPhone

Description of Work
Moving my home

Category moving companies

This customer was taken care of and moved into the night hours as for which she writes this horrible review. We fought traffic for over an hour and my third guy broke his ankle. We performed the service and everything was placed exactly where she wanted and her bookshelf was blown over by the wind in her apartment and yet we still said we would take care of it. She wrote me a threatening email and said she would post a bad review on every site on the internet. Well she delivered. Good job for her. I hope she is proud of discouraging my guys and my company. I hope this makes you happy. I even gave her a 10% discount for being a veteran as I am. Guess that's what i get for working hard and performing the service instead of just calling and cancelling because of the situation. Thanks [Member Name Removed], I hope you have a great day. Oh and just for the record we do not even deserve any of those grades she posted. WE are the cheapest priced accredited company in the valley. That's a fact.......

12/21/2017

Janice V.

Excellent , prompt courteous service

Description of Work
Moving and set up

10/23/2017

James C.

Perfect, recommended by a friend. Now I'm recommendin them

Description of Work
Moved my 10x15 storage from metro phoenix to buckeye just west of i10

07/13/2017

Jacalyn A.

If you value your property do not hire this company!! They moved us from Phoenix to New River and I thought they did a great job, until I unwrapped my brand new $3K refrigerator and noticed there were 2 dings and a large crease on the front of it. I have tried to call Donation Movers several times and sent a few e-mails and no response on how they plan on fixing my refrigerator. They were happy to take my $900 dollars, but will not even give me the courtesy of a return phone call to discuss this issue. Shady company if you ask me. This is not how you treat your customers, I will never recommend this company! EVER!!

Description of Work
Move our belongings from Laveen Arizona to New River Arizona

06/19/2017

Alex R.

Excellent. Arrived on time. Extremely efficient. Wrapped everything! Would just make sure to request that heavy boxes go on bottom.

Description of Work
Move second floor 1 BR apartment.

06/14/2017

Pinny S.

On time professional, swift and completed the task without any damages

Description of Work
Moving a glass table and chairs from one residence to another within 20 miles

05/03/2017

Dan H.

These guys were top notch. They got the job done quickly!

Description of Work
Moved my daughter

04/17/2017

Royal H.

It went great. And it ended up being slightly cheaper as they did not use as much gas a s estimated. And were honest enough to tell me so. I will always use them, and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Move my daughter furniture from my home to her new apartment.

04/10/2017

deborah W.

everything went well. they were all profesional.

Description of Work
I was moving and need someone to move me

03/13/2017

Stephanie P.

Scheduling with Paul was simple and straightforward. Pricing was clear and up-front. The follow up for confirmation and questions was professional and pleasant. The three crew members who handled my move were friendly and fast, arrived during the time specified, and called beforehand to let me know they were on their way. They hustled, but took the care necessary not to break items. They also offer a donation service, which was very much appreciated. I will definitely use their services again. Recommended.

Description of Work
Moving furniture, bins, and boxes from home to storage unit.

02/07/2017

Lori L.

The owners were really nice. They were out on time. There were four people that came out. I specifically said there was a piano I wanted moved upstairs. They said no problem and the one guy refused to do it because he hurt his back. The other guy stood there and didn't say a word. I paid extra for the fourth person to move the piano up there. When I called the owners back, they said they were sorry, and said their worker claimed the legs on the piano were fragile. The legs were never on the piano. He told me to send pictures. I sent him pictures and I never heard back from him. I would never use them again. They tell you one thing and send people out that don't do what I asked them to do, and I paid for it. They unloaded a truck, but they wouldn't take the piano upstairs, which was agreed before.

Description of Work
Moving services.

Category moving companies, piano moving

12/26/2016

It was a big hassle which I would have preferred to avoid but I would not be railroaded.

Description of Work
Attempted to increase agreed upon price at the last minute when I had to move and did not have another service lined up. Rather than be robbed, I said I would do it myself.

Category moving companies

I do not have this customer name or address in our data base. We did not move this person or have any knowledge of this client. I think you are mistaking us for another company. We were not even open on 12/26/2016. Sorry for the inconvienence. Have a great New Years...

11/29/2016

Daphne B.

I was being given some furniture, so I hired this company and was overall pleased. I was given a 4hour window for the service between 10-2 and assured the driver would call me 45min-1hour before arrival. I was not at the the location being picked up, I live at the destination 20min away. So when the driver called to tell me he would be there in 10min I was a bit annoyed and said I could be there in 20. I sat and waited another 20min at least for arrival, so 'technically' I was notified 45min before arrival. However, the crew was quick efficient and polite, a lead to handle the paperwork and and additional 2 very stout young men handily carted my furniture up a unforgiving flight of stairs. For the service, the fee was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I had some furniture to be moved from a house to my second story condo.

11/16/2016

Johanna d W.

It couldn't have gone better, and deciding to hire Donation Movers was one of the best decisions I have made this year. I had expected the job to take 3 or 4 hours and to cost double what it did, but Paul and his crew were finished and driving to the next job after 2 hours. That included a 20 minute drive to the new house. I had read reviews in which one of the complaints was that the movers worked very slowly because they were being paid by the hour. These guys were the absolute opposite. They really hustled and worked together carefully and efficiently! It was also nice to see the more experienced crew members keeping an eye on and mentoring what looked to be a newer member of the team. Best of all, they paid attention and really thought about what they were doing, even noticing an awkwardly placed cupboard that had been left behind by the previous owners of the new house and offering to get it down. Thanks Donation Movers!

Description of Work
Moved the contents of a 2 bedroom condo locally. I packed the cupboards and drawers myself and they moved the furniture and boxes.

10/18/2016

Jennifer D.

The job went smoothly. I contacted Donation Movers via the on-line quote on their website. The got back to me within 2 hours of submitting the quote. The lady who called me back was very nice and answered all my questions. Once I booked their services, I received a confirmation email listing the quote and other information needed for the move. 2 days before the move I received a confirmation phone call. The day of the move I received a call about stating the movers were on their way. Once the movers got to my apartment, they loaded everything up in about an hour. They made sure that all large pieces and valuables were wrapped to prevent breakages or damage. Once at my new apartment, they unloaded in about 2 hours. ( I was moving from a ground floor apartment to a 3rd floor apartment) The movers were very nice and professional and had a great sense of humor. I would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Moving from one apartment to another

10/05/2016

Helen P.

No problem whatsoever. They arrived early, after calling to advise, worked efficiently and accepted donated furniture that we couldn't keep.

Description of Work
Move a 3-bedroom house locally.

Category hauling services, moving companies

03/02/2016

Todd P.

The 3 man team call 45 minutes before they were supposed to arrive and told me they were on their way. They arrived on time and carefully wrapped with shrink wrap and moving blankets all my furniture. They do charge a gas surcharge, but do not charge for moving supplies (shrink wrap, moving blankets). So at least I knew what the charges would be vs some competitors that charge for supplies and then I am attempting to understand how much supplies were used. They were very professional and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from one house to another

Category hauling services, moving companies

10/05/2015

jennifer D.

The young movers showed up and 1.5 hours early and came with a truck too small, no tools, no tape, forgot the wardrobe boxes, and only had small moving boxes to pack my entire condo with. The room 7 hours and still left half of my other condo full of furniture. They scratched and broke several pieces of furniture and never assemble most of the furniture. It was the worst most expensive day of my life. Horrible experience. The boys fought the whole time and wouldn't help one another with the heavier items.

Description of Work
They were supposed to pack, move furniture (assemble and disassemble) and unpack my 3 bedroom condo.

Category moving companies

First off I would like to say that we never have had a complaint of being early. That to me alone is just absurd. The first day that we were supposed to pack this customer we arrived on time and to our surprise we didn't even make it to the door and the customer calls us to re-schedule. Two days later she calls again to re-schedule a second time due to being sick we were told. Okay no problem. We ended up on our third attempt on September 27th to finally get there and pack and move her. This particular move was from one apartment to another in the same complex. This customer called our office and was talking but the words were not making sense. She ultimately wanted us to come back to finish. We told her that we could not and we had to finish today. She then taunted our guys soooo much that they called me and asked if they were supposed to come back and finish at a later date. I told them no to just finish. They told me that she told them that she only wanted the big furniture at first. Then several hours after when these phone calls happened she wanted them to get everything. The whole move took 6 hours. There was nothing that we broke. The customers father even showed up and told the movers to pay her no mind as she was on prescription medication (pain killers) and that she was "out of it". Our movers finished the move and left. There was no fighting among the movers. I spoke at length with them and they simply said that the customer was frantic and all over the place. She did not know what she wanted. As for the broken furniture statement, our movers blanket and shrink wrap all furniture. Even from one apartment to another in the same complex unless the customer signs our waiver which this customer did not. This is just another case of you cannot please all the people all the time. But at Donation Movers we have achieved and kept our A rating on here and on the BBB. We are sorry you feel the way you do about your move but we did not break, scratch or destroy anything on this job.Donation Movers is a total professional and reputable moving company. We are the only moving company also that sends out an after action review email after every move with links to here and the BBB. We would not do this if we weren't committed to excellence. Thank you and have a great day.

07/14/2015

Teresa G.

The people who came to do the work were very professional and hard working. I had not packed up anything in my house at all when they started. It took them 2 days to do the work, and the estimate was only for one day. But they did it so well, I cannot find fault with them at all. I would not hesitate to use them again. Just make sure you give them plenty of time to get the job done if you have a lot of stuff to move.

Description of Work
Packed up my entire 4 bedroom home, and moved it all across town, then unpacked it for me. Then they put the extra stuff over into a separate storage unit for me.

06/24/2015

John E.

UPS shipped all of my belongings from Arizona to Michigan. Everything arrived back here in Michigan on time.

Description of Work
I did not use any moving service. Instead, I used UPS.

05/30/2015

Jamie O.

It went very well. Very hard workers who hustled the entire time to ensure that we were getting fast service. It made it nice because you basically pay by the minute. Nothing was damaged.

Description of Work
This company moved us twice within three weeks from two different locations.

01/04/2015

Jason Y.

The movers showed up right about on time and had called ahead beforehand to let us know exactly when they would be there. The job ended up taking longer than anticipated as they had to make two trips. However, each member of the crew was very courteous and maintained an upbeat, positive attitude through the whole process. They answered any questions I had in a patient and professional manner. The crew was hard working and was heads down for the whole ten hours. Even though they were running behind schedule, they did not cut corners and stayed to help make sure the furniture in the new house was arranged the way we wanted it.

Description of Work
The provider moved us from a 1 story 2200 sq foot house in East Mesa to a 2700 sq foot house in Tempe. It took the three person crew about 10 hours and two trips to get everything moved and into place.

12/31/2014

Pam & Terry T.

We were very pleased with the service. We will use them again and will recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Picked up furniture at residence and moved it to new residence

09/01/2014

Stephanie M.

they were prompt and worked fast. It all went very smoothly with little effort. They made my move easy for me. Any questions I had were promptly answered. None of my stuff was damaged. They had e moved in 2 1/2 hours. They also took my.my donations for me which made it very nice. I would recommend them to anyone. Moving.

Description of Work
Moved me from one apartment to another.

All Service Moving

Oregon, California, Arizona, Washington locations. Award winning Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. We provide the best trained and highest quality service on the West Coast. Featured on the front page of the Oregonian. Winners of the American Moving & Storage Association Enterprise award! Highest rated company on Yelp and Google. The only actual certified GREEN moving company by the sustainability association; All Service Moving provides professional household and commercial relocation services. Our crews are well trained, drug tested and background checked. We specialize in large homes/offices and challenging situations. ASM provides a specialty long distance moving service that you can not find anywhere else. We also move pianos and provide storage and equipment to meet your needs. We do not use day labor and we provide an efficient and high quality service. Let us impress you.

Cleaner AZ

We specialize in modern junk removal. We ensure to properly recycle and donate as much as possible. We offer programs and certificates to help customers enjoy maintaining a cleaner lifestyle. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Pinks Junk Removal

Pinks Junk Removal and Pinks Moving provides residential & Commercial Junk Removal and Moving throughout the valley. We are committed to providing you with the best Junk Removal and Moving experience at an affordable rate. Our philosophy is that our customers always come first. We are always committed to being the most competitive moving company in the area, both with our service and our rates. We at Pinks Junk Removal & Pinks Moving understand that Junk Removal and moving can be a hassle and a big commitment. Our job is to accommodate you through every step of your Junk Removal & moving process, from start to finish. Our Junk Removal & moving team of highly trained professionals is committed to quality with every move. Everyone at Pinks Junk Removal & Pinks Moving treats you with respect, and your property with the utmost care.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover