Adair Plumbing

Founded 1978 • With Angi since November 2012

4.1

2334 W Main St

Mesa, AZ 85201

Residential and commercial plumbing services, water softening, water conditioning, water filtration, solar water heaters, tankless water heaters, high efficiency water heaters, re piping, slab leaks, garbage disposals, drain cleaning, and new construction plumbing....

06/13/2017

Debora S.

Not well. At first the plumber refused to attempt to use the plunger to unclog the toilet. He said he wanted to rotorooter out the line at for an additional amount substantially over and above the amount I'd already paid on line for the service call. He claimed all I got and paid for was a diagnosis and anything additional, including using my plunger to unclog the toilet. I tpld him when I called his company & explained I'd just gotten out of the hospital with a fractured pelvis and didn't have the strength to plunge out the clog that the company rep agreed to send someone out to help. He was annoyed and told me, people don't understand that all they got was a diagnosis, that fixing the problem cost extra (sounded like a current satirical TV commercial. Finally he said, he had neither the time nor patience to argue with me and plunged the toilet 3 times and cleared out the clog. He was a total jerk.

Description of Work
Toilet was clogged. I explained on the phone that all I needed was someone stronger than I am to plunge out the toilet, that I'm 76 years old, just out of the hospital with a back injury, & lack the strength to plunge out the clog.

04/20/2017

Elizabeth K.

Their customer service is beyond excellent! Every service technician that they have sent for repairs has gone above and beyond! They are trust worthy and knowledgeable. All the repairs that Adair Plumbing has completed in my home have been done correctly and professionally. I would never think of hiring another plumber to work at my home!

Description of Work
I have used Adair Plumbing on numerous occasions for repairs with plumbing issues to replacing a hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/11/2016

Earl J.

No work was performed.

Description of Work
No work was performed.

06/22/2015

Jerry B.

Description of Work
Sent out a elderly man to discuss a system for entire home and checked my |water quality using a poor system. About two weeks later, I finally get a follow up call to confirm that I asked for information to be emailed to me which I still have not received. Bad experience to say the least.

03/25/2015

Arthur W.

They were on time and professional and gave me a ball park figure of the costs to replace both the hot water heater and softener and I asked for a copy of the warrantee for the products to review so I could determine if there were any exclusions or "small Print" iitems. They called me back and said I could not get a copy of warrantee until I purchased the unit. The manufacture would not let them give me one. That to me was a major red flag and I told them I will do business elsewhere.

Description of Work
I had them come to my house to give me an estimate on replacing my hot water heater and water softener.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

03/07/2015

Chris V.

Chris is super nice and does a great job.

Description of Work
Changing filters in R/O system.

Category water softeners

Thank you we are grateful for your review!

03/06/2015

Irwin S.

Deceitfully marketed their services.

Description of Work
Called a DNC registered number to market services. When told I was on DNC list Adair rep told me that my DNC request expired.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize we reached you by mistake. The agent you spoke to on the phone was having a bad day. We have taken the appropriate action and you will not be contacted again.

03/06/2015

Anita K.

We have a service contract, so there was no charge. Called on Friday and the repair man came on Saturday. Very prompt and very courteous.

Description of Work
Tightened fan motor on heater.

Bruce F.

Chris took the time to explain how the r/o works.

Description of Work
Chris changed our r/o filter and replaced our r/o spicket.

Category drain cleaning

Thank you! We are grateful for the review.

Ilse D.

Andy was very professional. He checked out and adjusted the system. Did all recommended service.

Description of Work
Maintenance on solar hot water system.

Category water heater repair

Bill D.

All work performed related to cooling & heating was accomplished in a most professional manner. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Service check of my heating system.

Robert W.

On time, clean, polite.

Description of Work
Basic maintenance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Brett R.

Perfect! He did an incredible job!

Description of Work
RO system soft water.

Category water softeners

02/08/2015

Greg S.

Description of Work
RO system.

01/13/2015

Michael E. L.

Description of Work
Fixed main water line leak.

Category handyman service, plumbing

01/12/2015

Ted R.

It was good. They did the work on time and did a good job.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and new roof.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the review! This was a fun project and we are grateful you decided to use us for another home improvement project. Please let us know when you want to do the next project.

12/30/2014

Mindy Z.

Adair Home was called 12/15/2014, they were fast and friendly on the phone they were swamped with other service calls but were kind enough to fit me in the next morning since I haven't had my dishwasher in over a week. The technician came out tried a few things and found that the drain was clogged, took the whole pipe out, and flushed it out and were in and out within an hour. Im so thankful to them for being able to get me in fast and get me a working dishwasher again. There level of professionalism was great since there are not a lot of companies out there these days that provide this type of dedication to their customers.

Description of Work
Adair Home fixed the drain pipe in my washing machine (unclogged)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your review! We appreciate our customers let us know if you need anything else.

12/16/2014

wayne D.

This was an amazing experience I am very pleased with the work that was done definitely will be referring Adair to my family and friends!

Description of Work
Called Adair because my toilet was leaking he not only fixed my toilet but also crawled under my house to also check piping to make sure nothing else was leaking I never had anyone respond so quickly to my emergency I will definitely use Adair again in the future for any of my home needs.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you for your review of our company.

07/09/2014

Grace M.

Robert came out on a Memorial Day Weekend to fix a leaking pipe under a concrete slab. He was very prompt and we are truly appreciative that he came out right away to fix the problem so the neighbor upstairs (this is a condo unit) can have water right away.

Description of Work
A leaking pipe under a concrete slab caused flooding in my in-laws house and Robert drilled a hole in the concrete to replace the pipe.

Category plumbing

Thank you Ms. [member name removed] we appreciate your review of our company.

03/19/2014

Rory T.

The company calls people in violation of DNC lists. If they can't be trusted to do such a simple check, who would trust them doing work on their home? Will be reporting violation to FTC as well.

Description of Work
Have received several calls from this company soliciting A/C maintenance services. They clearly do not honor the national do not call list.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Adair Home is pleased to announce we no longer use third party marketing companies to acquire new customers. In an effort to have greater control of our marketing and sales approach in Arizona we hire and train our own employees to carry out these job responsibilities. We take great pride in doing the job right with honesty and integrity. The team at Adair Home would like to make it up to you by offering you our "Nobody beats the Care of Adair plumbing inspections" We can flush your water heater and do a full plumbing inspection on your home at no cost (valued at $125) Please contact Jennifer in our office to schedule. 480-827-1162

02/09/2014

Brad S.

They tried to con us into an EXTREEMELY inflated price (over 18k) for a solar water heating system package that included radiant barrier, duct sealer, and an AC maint package. Even though we informed them that our AC was completely replaced 2mo prior, but couldn't remove that from the "package". Nor were they able to describe how they came to a price of 18k+. They started installing the NEXT day,AND we even seen a contract, let alone signed one!!! I had a difficult time scheduling a meeting with Doug Adair to resolve our concerns, and when I was finally able to, he/they did nothing but insult me for the entire 45min, could NOT answer a single question we had about the products used, price break down, (and why we would need to commit tax fraud to get the refund from the IRS), or the lack of even a contract prior to installation in less than 24hrs! Their products, I also learned were mediocre. His solution at out meeting was quote, " Well, if we don't even have a contract with you, we'll just come remove our equipment." Which I agreed was the BEST poss solution with this shady company! BTW I have all of this recorded, and hopefully the R.O.C. is interested. And this is just a VERY short description of the nightmare it was dealing with Adair Solar! Since then, we've had all of that work done, PLUS window treatments and foam insulation on the south facing wall, (two story house) all for 6k LESS than ADAIR!!!!!! And we won't be required to commit tax fraud to receive our "savings"! Adair was a miserable experience for us! And judging from Doug Adair and his companies work ethics, I'm sure we're not alone! If you deal with them, document and record everything from the very start like I always do. It came in handy for once!

Description of Work

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, remodeling

This customer entered into a contract with Adair Home for a energy package that included solar water, radiant barrier, insulation, duct seal, and a 10 year home maintenance agreement. After the purchase and partial install [removed member name] put the project on hold. The owner Doug Adair and myself Clay Wagner the general manager met with the [removed member name] in our office to try to resolve his issues with the contract and scope of the project. When the meeting concluded we gave [removed member name] a few options to make the situation correct [removed member name] opted to cancel the contract as his option. We then cancelled the contract and removed the system at no cost to the customer. It seemed this solution was the best for both parties.

12/23/2012

Glen V.

The crews for all three services arrived nearly simultaneously at 6:30 am. The radiant barrier guys took the longest to install, but that's because of the fact that the attic is not a very easy space to work in, being only about four feet high at it's highest point, and with a shallow slope. They did their best to refluff the insulation when they were done. I took a look when they were done and they had done a pretty good installation job, and the insulation had been releveled, for the most part. However, there would have been no way for them to restore the insulation to the same condition as it was when it was originally blown in and it would be unreasonable to expect that they could. When they left, they had removed all insulation that had fallen from the ceiling access hatches onto the floor. The solar water heater guys did a great job. Due to the goofy roofline my house has, they had to change the original plan somwehat, but only from the northeast side of the house can you even tell that solar was installed. The solar water tank was very professionally installed and the rerouted electric circuit to power it was very well done. I would like to point out that when the inspector came out and looked at it, he knew it was Adair work after looking at the gas water heater installation, and passed the inspection with flying colors. Considering the negative press that I had seen on websites about Adair installations, I asked the inspector how often he had failed Adair installations. He replied that in 17 years of work as a Phoenix city building inspector that he had NEVER failed an Adair installation and that, in his words, "their work is usually RIGHT". He was particularly impressed with the neat workmanlike manner that the new copper pipe had been installed. When they left, the installation sites (solar panel, solar water tank and gas water heater) were all cleaned and proper. The experience with the aeroseal crew was similar. They were the quickest to get in and out. If you are not familiar with this process, they remove all the registers in your house and then block all but one with foam plugs. They then attach an air supply to the remaining open register and then overpressure your system. With this test, they are able to determine how much air is being lost through seams and small holes into your attic. I had the equivalent of a 19" by 19" hole in my ducts, not terribly surprising since I live in a 41 year old house. They then blow in a fine mist of a special kind of latex, the molecules have large "hooks" on them, which catch on the edges of the holes in the ducting. In much the same way as blood clots in a wound, the latex 'clots' the holes in your ducting. When the procedure was completed, they reperformed the test and the leaks in my ducting were now the equivalent of 5" by 5", just slightly more than 25% of the original leaks in my system! And yes, even though we were going into the winter months, I can already see that my bill is dropping from same period last year. I expect that where I was paying about $375 per month for electric power in July, August and September last year, this coming year I should be paying about $210.

Description of Work
After resisting putting solar in my house for 3 years, I finally succumbed to the call. I had bids from 3 different companies, and each company had a unique approach. Adair (Solar) Plumbing was a company which I had heard (and read) a fair amount of negative commentary. After reviewing the three approaches, the Adair Plumbing bid was clearly, in our minds at least, the best bang for the dollar spent. So after having one of their sales managers come out to complete the paperwork, we were amazingly surprised that they had the work crews for the three services that they selected available literally on the following DAY! We had a radiant barrier installed in the attic, we had the aeroseal procedure performed on our air ducts and we had a solar water heater installed. Frankly, because we had a gas water-heater we really didn't (and still don't) expect that to have a big impact on our bill, but we because of the way the Federal government has set up the tax credit, we needed to have that installed to qualify.

07/19/2011

GLENDA S.

I had a bad experience with them. I went online and saw bad reviews and warnings against them I them and told them that I didn’t want to get the work done. They said that they would give a special discount if we got the work done then. It was high pressure. I had a very bad feeling about it. I went and checked the price with others and they were way too high. The sales person who came out was nice. He was just doing what he was told to do. I would never use them in the future.

Description of Work
I wanted Adair Plumbing to install solar water heater and radiant barrier in the attic and seal the duct to avoid the leaks. They gave me an estimate six weeks ago. It was a free estimate.

09/18/2007

TODD C.

The company showed up in a reasonable amount of time. I was quite pleased with their services as they completed the work correctly and right as scheduled. I will call them again for my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
I had a 5 foot bathtub, 5 foot installed including the new faucet and drain. There was no removal needed of the old one as I had done this beforehand.

09/12/2006

JANKI P.

Terrible experience. The company did not install gas line to meet city's code specifications. When asked them about it, they first told me it costs more if I want to have the work done to code. Then the owner of the company asked me why I would ever want to get an inspection. Then they said it will cost me more if I want it corrected to code. I can't believe they had the audacity to ask a homeowner why they would want to make sure their natural gas line meets the city's code specification. In the end they are removing the piping they have installed and I am finding another company.

Description of Work
Natural gas line installation for exterior BBQ. About 15' run.