1st Choice Drywall Repair LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since October 2011

1458 West 6th Dr

Mesa, AZ 85202

Small patch jobs only no job too small Located in Mesa , Az valley wide service. Only text or Email picture of your repair for a fast & free Estimate. PLEASE CALL or text ONLY FOR FREE ESTIMATE...

04/20/2021

John L.

The repair work went quickly, thoroughly, and professionally. You couldn't ask for or find a better value in drywall repair.

Description of Work
Repaired a section of ceiling drywall that had to be removed for electrical work.

08/28/2020

Mia S.

Excellent service. Did a wonderful job. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Extensive Drywall Repair

07/28/2020

cj B.

Scott did excellent work in our home. He was right on time and got straight to work. His quality is seamless. Would not hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair

06/05/2020

Gwynn S.

This is the second time I’ve used him and he is excellent. Gwynn Simpson

Description of Work
Patch a hole in closet

05/15/2020

Marcia F.

Excellent work, ara looked new again! Service was professional and was given excellent tips on maintenance, how long to wait before applying primer and paint. He also recommended applying primer to dry prong about the front door entry . Scheduling was a breeze only required a phone call and pic text of area with scheduling the following morning. Payment also simplified with Zelle and service was cost effective. Will definitely use service again when needed. Highly recommend his services. Marcia Flores.

Description of Work
Drywall repair next to door.

04/24/2020

Annette S.

Fantastic workmanship. I am so happy! 1st Choice Drywall Repair exceeded my expectations from the start. An immediate text reply and follow up. An appointment was set for the following week and promptly kept. My carpet was protected and the house was left as neat as when the job began. A TRUE PROFESIONAL.

Description of Work
I needed to repair damaged corners on my stair case, as well as holes, dents and amateur patches where curtain rod brackets flanked 5 windows.

Category contractors, drywall, plastering

10/28/2018

Scott C.

We had it fixed less than 24 hours after calling for an estimate. He made recommendations for painting and was thorough and did a good job

Description of Work
Our water heater sprung a leak and the drywall below it needed to be repaired

08/15/2018

john P.

Easy to deal with. Gave a quote within 24 hrs. Did not get other quotes wanted immediate service. He was on site in less than 48 hrs. Was on site for approx. 3 hrs. Took pictures and sent to me, as I was off site. Others have said quality looked good. very happy.

Description of Work
several large holes in drywall needed fixing and texturing

07/18/2018

Jenifer D.

Scott gave me the best price for the job. He kept in contact with me to let me know when he could be here and worked around my schedule. He was in and out in a little over an hour. He gave me full instructions on how to let the patch cure and then to paint it. I am so happy with his work and will definitely call him again if I need any drywall work done.

Description of Work
I needed a small hole patched in bedroom wall

01/17/2018

KATHY R.

Everything looked beautiful when he was done. He knows his drywall, that's for sure

Description of Work
Had approximately 20 areas (small and larger) that needed repair before our interior painting project. He did those and a few extra along the way for a great price.

12/14/2017

greg B.

After getting another bid and no answers from other contractors, he was text. He replied right away and schedule the work for the next day. He also texted 45 minutes before arriving on time. The work was great.

Description of Work
we had a roof leak over a window. The compound fell off the top and some on the side. From pictures I sent he gave me a bid.

10/12/2017

Joel H.

Contacted Scott via email, he responded within just a couple of hours. I had also emailed a couple other contractors at the same time and still have not heard back from them. Scott asked that I email him some photos of the job since it was small and he provided me a quote within another hour or so. He managed to fit me into his schedule just a couple days later. Crew was on time, professional, and you cannot tell where the repairs were done if you didn't know they were there. Scott also made sure to point out that the patched areas needed to be primed with a special drywall primer before painting so that the painted areas did not look different from the rest of the ceiling. I highly recommend Scott and 1st Choice Drywall!

Description of Work
Repaired several holes in patio ceiling where old recessed lighting was removed and replaced water damaged drywall around roof drains.

06/18/2016

Stephanie C.

Scott was very personable and a master at his craft. He repaired my repair job with great skill and a sense of humor. I would recommend 1st Choice Drywall to mall.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

06/05/2015

Thomas S.

He was courteous and professional. Showed up on time and completed the work as promised. Cleaned up after.

Description of Work
Replaced water damaged drywall in the stairwell and closet

thank you for review , call me anytime 480-970-9535

02/24/2015

Lina A.

I contacted him last week over email and sent pics of what I needed repaired. He responded the same day with an estimate and several days where he was available. We scheduled the appointment for today. He called me yesterday to remind me. He arrived exactly on time, took a look at the jobs, taped up plastic and got to work. All of the repairs were completed in about 2.5 hours which is exactly what he had estimated even though I added on the water damage repair today. He kept samples of all the paint he took down in case I needed to match it, cleaned up, gave me instructions on how to finish painting (that's not included). He is professional and does a good job. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall in several areas of my house where a fan had been moved, a repair after a plumbing job, ceiling leak and chandelier installation cutout for electrical.

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing

THANK YOU FOR AWESOME REVIEW, ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME 480-970-9535 THANK YOU VERY MUCH

01/12/2015

Ed G.

Emailed him for an estimate, and got a response that he was only doing taping and finishing work. I followed up for an estimate for taping and finishing and he ignored all my emails. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Requested an estimate for installing drywall.

Category drywall, handyman service

I ONLY DO REPAIR JOBS IF EMAIL WAS IGNORED MAY HAVE BEEN SPAM BOXED SORRY

12/15/2014

Patricia L.

My experience with Scott was wonderful! I came home from work one evening to discover that the clothes rod in my master closet had come out of the wall, taking chunks of drywall and all my clothes with it. Before I could install a new closet system, I contacted 3 drywall repair/handyman services on a Saturday morning. I had to leave voice messages with each service, plus I followed up with email. Scott's voicemail said that if I sent photos of the problem, he would get back to me with an estimate. So I took photos of the holes in the drywall and sent them to his email address. He not only got back to me immediately, but he gave me a reasonable estimate and said he could do the work as early as Monday afternoon! I didn't even hear back from the other companies I called until Monday! By then, I had already scheduled Scott. He came out, assessed the situation and immediately got to work. He also pointed out some potential problems that might come up when I had the rest of the shelving and hanging rods pulled out. He was very reasonably priced, very conscientious and thorough. As we suspected, when the installer came the following Saturday to demo the rest of the closet and install the new rods and shelving, we ran into additional problems once the shelves were removed. The shelves had been nailed AND glued to the wall, so removing them took more drywall out. And we discovered the ends of the rods were driven into the wall itself by an inch or so, leaving more gaping holes. So, I called Scott again. This was on a Saturday afternoon. He got back to me later that day and said he could come back on Sunday (Sunday!) to make the additional repairs to both closets because he had planned to be in the area anyway. (He also was aware I was apprehensive about missing more work from my new job.) Scott came back yesterday and in several hours repaired the holes in the drywall and re-textured the walls and prepared them for painting. (He does not paint.) Plus, he installed a faceplate over a junction box in the ceiling that had been left uncovered! I highly recommend Scott and plan to call him again when I re-do the remaining closet and/or need additional drywall work done.

Description of Work
Scott came and repaired a hole left in the drywall when my closet clothes rod came down, taking chunks of drywall with it. He returned later in the week to make some additional drywall repairs after I decided to remove and replace all the shelving and rods.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME REVIEW ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME 480-970-9535

11/10/2014

JEWELL G.

Everything went very well from the beginning to the end. Scott has a system set up to submit a photo of the repair online to provide an estimate and follows up promptly. His work is outstanding and completed in a timely and efficient manner. The patio ceiling looks great and we will be using Scott for future drywall work!

Description of Work
Repaired drywall crack in patio ceiling.

10/13/2014

Sheila F.

Went great! Scott and team did a great job and you can't tell the old from the new. Walls had been cut in rough places due to water damage and Scott made them look like new. Covered everything in plastic. Called ahead all the time. Showed up when he said he would. Thx!

Description of Work
Replaced drywall in basement due to flooding. Installed installation, drywall, taped and textured. Purchased all materials.

10/10/2014

Vicki D.

This is a contractor that has his act together. 1.You send an email and attach a photo of the damaged area, give the size of the area and ceiling height 2. Right away he emails you back with an approximate quoted price range...low to high. 3. You then talk on the phone and set a day and time. 4. He actually shows up right on time. Quite a novelty these days. 5. And guess what....Scott is very honest too. He told me he could repair the problem rather than replacing the drywall to save me some money. The guy is A+. I would highly recommend him.to anyone. Vicki Dryden

Description of Work
Master bedroom ceiling had partially caved from the recent thunderstorms. Scott was called to replace the drywall.

Category drywall

THANKS FOR GREAT REVIEW, CALL ME ANY FUTURE JOBS AND WILL GIVE YOU GREAT DEAL THANK YOU

06/09/2014

Larry H.

Scott submitted the lowest bid of 3 contractors. He was also the 1st to reply to my phone calls and the 1st to come by and provide an estimate. This was a 2 day job and Scott did a beautiful job on the repairs. He dug out the old mud and paper tape and replaced it with fiberglass tape and new mud and perfectly feathered in the repair and matched the existing wall texture. You cannot tell that there were every any cracks in the drywall. Scott did all of his own work. The other 2 - higher bidders - both had employees that performed the actual work. Scott found additional cracks that I was not aware of repaired those also. All for the original price quote. He was very professional throughout and cleaned up his mess each day before leaving. I will definitely use Scott again.

Description of Work
Repaired cracks in the drywall in the walls and ceilings.

05/13/2014

K. P.

I phoned the contractor and received a message to send my pics to their email for a written estimate. The company promptly replied back the same night--within hours with an estimate. I gave them an overall and quot;Aand quot; as I understand it's important to save time in business and they're working out in the field. Taking time to write estimates entails a lot of time. For many, they will like the convenience of having a estimate quickly by email. We appreciate 1st choice responsiveness in getting back to us.

Description of Work
He provided an estimate by email.

11/12/2013

Diane G.

Our drywall job went very well. After getting a reasonable bid from Scott for our repairs we set a date to to the work. Scott arrived on time and began the work. While he was working he said that the job probably wasn't going to take as long as originally thought so he reduced the price. That was very unexpected but appreciated! When the job was complete, he cleaned up everything, even wiped up my floors where he was working. The drywall is now painted and and looks fantastic! Great texture and match up! I would not hesitate to use Scott and 1st Choice Drywall again.

Description of Work
Repaired exterior patio ceiling and repaired interior bathroom wall.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME ANY TIME

10/04/2013

Jessica W.

Scott did an awesome job. The existing drywall on our front porch roof was falling down in places due to water damage from a poor roofing job. I called Scott hoping to get an idea of how much this repair would cost. Scott requested I send him a few pictures of the problem. I got the pictures to him, he sent me back an email the same day with a quoted price (his half day rate). Extra bonus, I didn't have to set aside an time in my schedule for him to look at the job and then come back to do the work. The ceiling looks good as new:) Just needs a little bit of paint (hopefully we won't put that off for another year). He's an expert at his craft and we couldn't have asked for a better result.

Description of Work
Replaced damaged drywall on the underside of our front porch roof

Category drywall

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW THATS VERY AWESOME OF YOU TO GO OUT OF YOUR WAY FOR POSITIVE FEEDBACK, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT TO REPAIR THAT LIVING ROOM PATCH ONCE YOU GET THE PLUMBING ADDRESSED

10/03/2013

larry M.

Tried getting a hold of several contractors with no success, it is not a big job. Then found Scott's website on Angie's list and it said send pictures for a free estimate. So I used email to send my pictures of the cracks and a day later I got a quote. Called back and he had an opening that day. He was there right on time and got started right away, using a hot mud application to ensure those drywall seams won't open up again. He textured and repaired everything we needed. You can pay less and take your chances; if you have a small job (and lt;5 sheets) then call or email 1st Choice Drywall Repair.

Description of Work
Repaired several cracks in the living room drywall.

Category drywall

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW THATS VERY KIND OF YOU TO GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SAY SOMTHING POSITIVE , NEXT JOB CALL ME AND WE WILL GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR LOYALTY AND YOUR REVIEWS, THANK YOU FROM SCOTT OWNER OF 1ST CHOICE DRYWALL REPAIR, LLC

State 48 Finishes LLC

With almost 8 years of painting experience, we are here to help you with interior, exterior, cabinet painting needs you may have, and we can do much more.

Denali Real Estate, LLC.

Denali Real Estate is the premier residential property management company covering both Phoenix and Tucson metropolitan areas. We believe we offer the best overall value in property management anywhere in Arizona. We have one of the lowest fee structures with a flat $295 leasing and management fee as low as $85 per month. We have unsurpassed service and our unique management process puts our client's interests first. If you are looking to hire a management company, call us first and we will help you through the process. We will explain property management, let you know what you should expect and most importantly let you know what questions you should be asking to uncover all the hidden secrets most management companies won't tell you. There is no obligation as our goal is to help you find the right management company for you even if it isn't Denali Real Estate. We have received the Angie's List Super Service Award along with many other awards and top rankings for our management services. Contact us for more details on how we are different that other management companies.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Small jobs only drywall repair service only Patches , stress cracks, match any texture small job specialist