Barrier Insulation Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since November 2009

4624 W Acoma Dr

Glendale, AZ 85306

FAMILY OWNED and localy operated since 94'. Mention Angie's List & receive 10% off! up to $100! To Fix It.com member KUDZU.com too! BBB triple A rated. 20 years in business THANKS Arizona!

06/29/2022

Jim B.

On January 10, 2020, John Lang hired Barrier Insulation as a general contractor to perform work on his Property. While performing the work, an employee of Barrier Insulation damaged a fire sprinkler line causing the entire master bathroom, Bedroom and office to flood. Barrier Insulation hired CB Remodeling to make repairs incurred as a result of the water damages from the damaged broken fire sprinkler line. CB Remodeling responded immediately to the after hour call out and started the restoration process. All restoration and repairs where handled by CB Remodeling to City code in a timely manner with absolutely no complaints about quality of work or cost. Barrier insulation no 6 months later is still refusing as well as there insurance company to pay CB Remodeling for the work completed. Nationwide insurance has now contacted CB Remodeling and asked for CB Remodeling to take a $15,000 loss on there mistake. It should be know that Barrier insulation has a new owner (Arix). This is defiantly not the same company since he has purchased it from (Rick). Arix will not hesitate to let you clean up his mess while you pay for it!

Description of Work
CB Remodeling was hired by Barrier Insulation to fix water damage they caused by breaking a fire sprinkler head while installing sprayed foam insulation.

Category electrician, insulation

05/17/2017

Angelica T.

It went well just they show up late.

Description of Work
Add insulation to my house.

04/21/2017

Richard P.

Way better than expected. Ken and Chris were great. I called Thursday around noon, the job was completed and cleaned up and they were gone by 7:30 the next day. Very professional. 1/3 the cost of other estimates and higher R-value. I wouldn't have anyone else do any work that they do judging by the quality of the work they did for us. 1900 sq. ft. house and garage.

Description of Work
Insulate attic.

04/10/2017

Angela P.

Went very well, punctual and very honest. We had a slight temperature increase in one of our bedrooms. During the installation, the crew showed us we did not have any insulation installed over the bedroom. They resolved this issue by adding the proper amount of insulation. The insulation was missing since the house was built.

Description of Work
1000 sq ft insulation installed in attic.

03/05/2017

Travis T.

It went great. They showed up on time, did what they were supposed to, and was all for a great price.

Description of Work
Needed my attic insulated.

04/16/2016

Eileen W.

They were on time,very polite, neat and business like,. Went to work right away and cleaned up afterwards, They explained what they were doing and all went well. They introduced themselves and we definitely would recommend them to others. The men's name were Rudy and Wes and we thank them for a job well done.

Description of Work
Insulated my house . R40 was blown into my attic.

01/13/2016

Mara S.

they communicated well, were on time, very professional and we are happy with the results.

Description of Work
R-38 insulation blown in in under two hours for about 2000 sq ft of house.

11/29/2015

Ed F.

for $527.00. I strongly recommend this company. I had Home Depot come out to give me an estimate. They wanted $2400.00 to blow insulation into a 24x32 foot garage ceiling. I knew that was a crazy number and told them so. So I came to Barrier on Angies List. They showed up on time, were professional and did an excellent job. It took them 3 1/2 hours and they cleaned up before they left. I could not be more happy.

Description of Work
Blew insulation in ceiling of my garage.

11/25/2015

Larry L.

It was good. It was fast. The estimator arranged for somebody to come on Friday but they couldn't make it. We rearranged the following Monday. The guys they sent out were great on that Monday. It's the first time I've used them.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" for Barrier Insulation Inc. They did insulation for me.

11/17/2015

Viva H.

Good job. Nice service providers.

Description of Work
installed insulation.

11/01/2015

Peter R.

Overall, very well. The one thing is that he waited until the job was finished (before starting) to tell us that our house was too big for the coupon and that we had to pay another $40 over the coupon. That was a 50% hike! We had removed the "bug screens" which are cleaned within the coupon's fine print but not the "sun screens." Overall, I would use this vendor again, but ask a lot more questions before starting.

Description of Work
Washed our windows at our 1 story home.

Category insulation

Hello Sir. I think you have us mistaken for another company? We are an INSULATION installer not a screen cleaning company. Please revise your review to reflect the appropriate category Thank you,regards,Rick

10/08/2015

Mary F.

The folks at Barrier Insulation did a great job for me and my mom. I contacted Rick, and explained to him that I own the house my mom lives in, that I live out of town, and that I need to pay for the service. While this doesn't sound like a complicated thing, so many companies have a hard time with it. Rick was great. He said "no problem." We discussed the issues we were having, he weighed the pros and cons of the different options, then guided me to the best deal for the option we selected. Barrier followed up immediately with my mom by arranging a time that was convenient for her, showed up on time, and completed the job with a very pleasant attitude and in a professional manner. After completing the job, Rick followed up with me to let me know how it went, as well as what they learned and what they did. Over all, I give Barrier Insulation two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Barrier insulation blew in insulation in the attic of an existing one story home in Sun City, Arizona.

09/02/2015

Mike S.

This was a great deal! I recently bought an older home, with a secondary house on the same lot. Both of these units were not insulated and I expected to have to pay a great deal of money to get this done. The Deal offered here was for 1000 sq feet, and Rick was able to let me allocate my unused square footage towards the back house, and provided the remaining square footage need to complete the back house at a reduced rate. His team arrived the next day and they were courteous and mindful of my pets' needing to be kept penned and the doors kept closed (I just moved in and was nervous the animals might try to bolt with strangers in the house). After the work was done I saw no evidence of any stray material or debris left behind. The work itself was very quiet (I had imagined it would be a really noisy process). And, they were really quick too! Rick called me today to check on my satisfaction...when does that ever happen??!! I was pleased to tell him that my house was freezing cold this morning!!!

Description of Work
performed blow-in insulation service.

07/31/2015

Deborah A.

The owner, Rick and the men working for him were so kind and considerate. They were professional and knew exactly what they were doing and made a huge difference in our home. We dropped the thermostat setting almost immediately

Description of Work
Insulated our 1973 Home. We couldn't afford electric bill being on a low fixed income with many medical bills due to husband having cancer. They were wonderful and the difference was immediately!

07/15/2015

JAY OR WENDY S.

The owner was great to work with. I had a difficult schedule to work around and he was very accommodating. We had a mishap in communication for the first attempt at the insulation installation but they quickly adjusted their schedules and rebooked me again the next day. The quality, from what I know and can tell, was great. They were very professional, kind and respectful of our home. They did a great job cleaning up after themselves as well.

Description of Work
Pumped 1000 sq ft of R38 insulation into our attic

07/06/2015

Christine B.

Shad and Mike were punctual on the date scheduled. They explained exactly what they were going to do and got right to work. They were very careful of our personal property we had in the Garage. They did an EXCELLENT Job. After they were done, they cleaned up and told us to call if we had any questions. We were very pleased. I will definitely recommend Barrier Insulation INC to my Family and Friends. We are looking forward to lower Utility bills. Thank you Barrier Insulation INC for a job well done....we are very happy at the Job that Shad and Mike did!!!!

Description of Work
R-40 Fiberglass blown in through out the entire Attic of the House and insulated two walls of the Garage with Cellulose.

07/05/2015

Mary L S.

Everything went very smoothly. Very little hassle or mess.

Description of Work
1000 square feet of blown-in insulation in the attic

07/03/2015

Cathy N.

The addition of insulation by Barrier Insulation, Inc. went well from the initial phone call to set up the appointment to the actual insulation. This was an Angie's List Deal. When the two installers, Shad and Mike, realized they would be running late for my scheduled appointment, they called me a half hour prior to my appointment to let me know and confirm a later time in the morning would work for my schedule. I appreciated the courtesy call and their awareness that I might have a schedule conflict. When they arrived, they introduced themselves, confirmed I was the correct customer and went over the work order. They were careful moving their equipment through my home and cleaning up when they were done. Overall, everyone was friendly, informative, professional and the work was completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Added insulation to attic over living space

05/07/2015

Dee S.

Wonderful. The response time was A plus and I couldn't have asked for an easier, quicker experience! Highly recommend and may use him for insulating the garage, in the future.

Description of Work
Blew loose fiber insulation into my attic space without complication.

05/06/2015

Christine L.

It went fine. He was very nice and polite.

Description of Work
$299 Attic Fan Installation

Category ceiling fans

04/10/2015

Joanne M.

They were a little late arriving however once they did they did a great job. Polite, clean, fast and efficient.

Description of Work
Blew in insulation in double garage

03/18/2015

Michael W.

We bought our Sun City home in 2013. The house was built in 1972 and what insulation there was in the attic had settled to the point of appearing to have none at all. The deal called for blowing in approximately 10 inch depth of R-30 insulation. It looked to be at least that much and I expect to see the benefits almost immediately. They did very good work at a very good price.

Description of Work
R-30 insulation was blown in the attic.

03/14/2015

Joe S.

Fantastic experience. Installation was quick and he shared with us what to expect. The owner called us a few days later to make sure we knew that he was available should we have any questions or need him.

Description of Work
installed attic fan

Category electrician, insulation, roofing, ceiling fans

03/14/2015

EDWARD M.

They came out and informed me that we didn't have an appropriate gable for the fan, so they could not install the attic fan.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big deal for Attic Fan Installation

03/05/2015

Michael J C.

Purchased a attic ventilation fan on the Angies list big deal. They were prompt in scheduling the installation. It took about one hour. They did a nice job and offered to come back and adjust it if necessary. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed attic fan

Category electrician, insulation, roofing, ceiling fans