Tiger Mechanical Services LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2012

3317 S Higley Rd Ste 114-133

Gilbert, AZ 85297

When you need expert appliance repairs in the East Valley and beyond, you need Tiger Mechanical Services LLC. We offer oven repair, refrigerator repair, air conditioner repair, and much more for residential appliances. We’re the experienced appliance, heating, and cooling repair pros you can trust time and time again for high-quality workmanship and exceptional customer service. Please call the office for faster response...

12/17/2020

Patricia R.

Eddie was great! He was courteous, professional, and fast! We had been waiting for over 11 months for Spencer's to come to fix our oven--but there was always a wrong part, no part, more things that went wrong, and the oven did not get fixed. It took 1 time for Eddie to come out with the part, install it, and the oven now works. I am using TigerMechanical the next time I have an appliance issue. We now have our oven working for Christmas! Thank you! Patricia Roberts

Description of Work
Replacement of oven parts

05/25/2018

Michael B.

I would just like to say that your tech was a super nice guy but I am SO DISAPPOINTED in your pricing. $800+ to replace the compressor for my LG refrigerator is just CRAZY, I've already found a local tech for $425 for parts and labor to replace the compressor and in googling found that's pretty much the standard rate. I feel like your company didn't want to do the job and instead just gather the $99 service call fee and then give a price so high that no one in their right mind would pay it. When questioned about the labor pricing I was told that there were additional items needed, a refrigerant port ($9), freon ($20), and supplies for the torch ($20 for a complete torch). I offered $500 due to what I have seen both online and now in calling other techs but it was refused. I will be making sure to let others know so that they stay far away from your company. Please let your owner/management know. Mike

Description of Work
LG Refrigerator compressor replacement

Category appliance repair

I am sure that you did get these quotes, but are they licensed by the ROC (Registrar of Contractors) as there is a licence required to do appliance repair in the state of Arizona? Do they have an EPA license and both recover and properly dispose of the old refrigerant per EPA guidelines? Also are these companies giving a 1 yr labor warranty on their repairs? I am not sure where you are getting your pricing for the refrigerant costs either. The one year warranty is a warranty on our work and not if the parts fail due to a defect as the parts are being provided by the manufacturer. I have no problem coming down to the $500 repair with the condition that you show that the company that quoted you your pricing is ROC licensed. http://www.azroc.gov/roc/contractorsearch.html

10/30/2017

JOANNE D.

turns out only the compressor was under warranty. After a few solo back and forths w/ the warranty company (not related to Tiger Mechanical at all) that were just plain confusing, the office manager at Tiger Mechanical agreed to let me conference her in on a call w/ the warranty company so I could get scheduled and meet the needs of the warranty , if applicable. Tony came out and got it up and running, but said that might just be a temporary fix - ordered the part, and though it was on back order, it came in faster than planned. They called me and moved up my appt time - Tony came out a 2nd time and took care of everything - I couldn't have been happier - from the customer service person who answered the call, to the office manager, to both repair visits - super professional - I felt super well cared for the entire time.

Description of Work
Our 3 yr old GE fridge stopped running cold;

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review. Glad we were able to get you taken care of. Barb K/"We earn our stripes every [Member Name Removed]!"

10/04/2017

Gene F.

I filed a dispute with American express for the charges.,

Description of Work
The freezer section of my refrigerator would not cool properly. Tiger has been here 5 times within the last 9 week and the freezer section still does not cool properly. Now I am told due to manpower shortage it will be at least 8 weeks before they can schedule an appointment and I should contact someone else, However there is no other Samsung authorized repair company in the Phoenix area that can work on sealed refrigeration systems,

Category appliance repair

We did take care of the board issue but you had an additional issue of a bad compressor which is covered by the manufacturer which we explained that due to our Sealed System techs being booked out that we are booked out quite a ways. I reached out to a Samsung tech and he got me the number to call for a Samsung tech to be sent out. You would need to call 310-745-1360, which is Service Quick (Samsung). Try that number and they should be able to get you fitted in sooner than we can. On another note you let your dog out while my service tech was there and the dog bit him. I do not want to put any of my other techs at risk for getting bit either.

08/29/2017

Sarah B.

They were able to come out to assess it the day I called. The parts took one week to come in and then they came the with my next two business days. Everything was explained well. Five year warranty and everyone was friendly.

Description of Work
Icemaker in a two-year-old refrigerator.

Category appliance repair

Happy to hear everything went well. At Tiger we like getting feedback from our customers so that we know if that everything is going good or we need improvements. Barb Kissane Tiger Mechanical - "We earn our stripes every day!"

06/05/2017

jerrold L.

Technician found plugged filter, cleaned and tested. Done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Washer repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for letting us know that "we earned our stripes today". Regards, Barb Kissane/Office Manager/"We earn our stripes every day!"

05/24/2017

Michael C.

The service was provided by Daniel of Tiger Mechanical, he is very professional and identified and resolved the problem in a timely manner. Based on my experience with Tiger Mechanical, I would do business with them in the future if needed and recommend them.

Description of Work
One of the gas burners on the range was flowing gas but not igniting. Scheduled service and technician Daniel arrived, he identified the cause and ordered an ignition harness. After the ignition harness arrived at Tiger Mechanical, Daniel returned and installed the ignition harness then tested to make sure the problem was resolved.

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], Happy to hear that everything went smoothly. Always happy to hear back from our customers letting us know how our staff and Tiger Mechanical as a whole measured up. Regards, Barb Kissane/Office Manager/"We earn our stripes every day!"

05/20/2017

Larry G.

Daniel was very efficient and friendly. He made sure we were satisfied before he left.

Description of Work
We had our washing machine serviced.

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], We were glad that we were able to get you up and running the same day. Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience. Have a great summer. Barb Kissane "We earn our stripes every day!"

05/19/2017

Diane L.

Steve was prompt, professional and diagnosed the problem to be a timer for the defrost cycle. He didn't have the timer but recommended leaving the fridge off for 24 hours to clear the frost build up and he would come back with timer. Again he was prompt, professional and got me up and running. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
My KitchenAid refrigerator wasn't cooling.

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your experience and we are always happy to hear back from our customers on their experience whether good or bad. Regards, Barb Kissane/Office Manager/"We earn our stripes every day!"

03/04/2017

Michael G.

Great job, on time and responsive to needs

Description of Work
Fridge work

03/04/2017

Michael G.

When I opened my Whirlpool refrigerator Thursday morning and the temperature in fridge was 62 degrees. I called Tiger and they were able to send Tom out later in the day. He diagnosed the problem but he had to order the part. An appointment was made for Saturday morning to replace the part. This is the second time I have used Tiger and both times their response was quick. To get someone to come out on the same day is rare and it is appreciated.

Description of Work
Replaced defrost thermostat

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], Glad we were able to provide great service to you yet again. Thank you for your continued business. Barb K "We earn our stripes every day!"

02/27/2017

C Janel C.

I’ve had them out several times. They are very good. They’ve been very wonderful. Their technician seems very knowledgeable. They get to the problem right away. They are very professional and very courteous. It’s just very easy to use them. It’s just very normal. They aren’t excessive. I never go like “oh wow, that’s very expensive!”.

Description of Work
I used them for appliance repair. I think it was a washing machine.

Category appliance repair

Thank you and I apologize not responding sooner! We appreciate your business. Barb k Tiger Mechanical

11/14/2016

FRANK V.

Tiger Mechanical came out as scheduled, correctly diagnosed the problem as a failed pump motor and ordered a replacement part. After the replacement part was available, they came out immediately and completed the repair. Prior to calling Tiger Mechanical, we had called another repair service who, after 3 service calls, had failed to repair the dishwasher. We were very pleased with Tiger's ability to quickly diagnose & repair the dishwasher. We would certainly call on them again.

Description of Work
Our 2 1/2 year old KitchenAid dishwasher stopped working.

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing. I apologize that didn't respond back sooner. We do appreciate the time that you took to write our review. Regards, Barb Kissane "We earn our stripes every day!"

10/10/2016

JoAnn Alberts G.

Very well. See previous response. Friendly, punctual.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair. The repair was handled professionally and the service guys were able to correct another problem I'd been experiencing simply because I was not strong enough to handle it myself.

06/23/2016

Michael G.

Ice maker was not working and after doing some testing it was determined that the water valve was broken. Everything was explained to me as the work was being done. Technician was on time, friendly and courteous. Would use company again.

Description of Work
Replace water valve for ice maker

Category appliance repair

Thank you for sharing your experience and happy that all went smoothly and that your tech was able to get you taken care of quickly. Have a happy and safe July 4th! Barb K - We earn our stripes every day!

05/31/2016

Mark P.

I spoke with Barbara at Tiger Mechanical, and explained that my 4 year old refrigerator was leaking water, due to a clogged drain line in the unit. I had scheduled an appointment, and Barbara called me back asking if I was available earlier. I returned home, and within the time promised the repairman was at the house. The clogged drain was fixed and everything has been working fine.

Description of Work
Tiger Mechanical fixed a leaking refrigerator, due to a clogged drain line.

Category appliance repair

We try our best to get a tech out the same day or at least within 24 hrs but it is not always possible. Sounds like all worked out well and happy to hear that. Have a great summer and call us if there is ever a need again. Barb K - We earn our stripes every day!

02/03/2016

Jackie J.

I LOVE this company. I had called another company yesterday from Angie's list at 12:39pm and then approx. 3:00pm I sent them a service request through Angie's list and explained I needed service that the fridge wasn't working and I was losing what food was in there as it was heating up. They finally called me back at 8:30am today, I again explained what was going on and I really needed service. She said well our next service will be Friday, I was shocked as they advertised Same Day Service available, We Have A Fleet Of Vans Ready Serve! I guess my idea of something that needs to be done right away is very different from theirs. I told her that was not acceptable and said good-bye. I then called Tiger Mechanical, I left a message at 8:54am, Barb called back at 9:02am. I explained my situation and she agreed right away that we NEED a refrigerator and set up a service call for me for 10 - 2 today (the same day as my call what a wonderful concept!!!). She also gave me the Technicians name (Steve) and said he would call when on his way. At 10:01 Steve called and said he would be here in 15 - 20 minutes and he was. He checked everything thoroughly, explained all as he went along, answered all my questions and when he determined it was the Main Board I explained I had been getting pricing on a new fridge and after talking some more it was definitely better to buy the new one based on cost of repair vs. purchase. I will absolutely use this company again if I need appliance service and will highly recommend them to anyone needing this type of service. Thank you Barb and Steve!!!

Description of Work
Diagnostic on refrigerator that wasn't working

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the glowing review, we greatly appreciate you sharing. We are here to help our customers make an informed decision on whether it is cost effective to repair or replace the unit we are out there for. I am glad that Steve was able to help you make that decision. Regards, Barb Kissane/Tiger Mechanical Service "We earned our stripes today!"

05/26/2015

Mavin and Linda S.

On Friday evening I called the office which I believe was closed, and Barbara explained that if I emailed her with my contact information she would give me a call Saturday, which she did. Barbara spoke with my husband on Saturday about our dryer that had needed a repair on Friday evening. I was extremely impressed with the fact that she took our phone call on a holiday weekend and followed through with a call back on Saturday. My husband actually ended up fixing the issue the same evening I called her and sent her the information. Tiger Mechanical Service would be at the top of my list for repair service, and I would recommend them to others looking.

Description of Work
Barbara went above and beyond to try to help us via phone. We ended up not needing the service but we will definitely call when we need an appliance repair. My husband is an engineer and said that Barbara was extremely knowledgeable.

Category appliance repair

We do appreciate when our customers or potential customers share their experiences with others. I try to answer my phones when a call in coming in but not always am I able to. Regards, Barb Kissane "We earn our stripes every day!"

04/11/2015

Dirk L.

Went great. Tom was there right when he said he would be there. He knew the details of the Viking wine cooler very well. This is unusual, as prior service people have looked at it like it was from another planet, and had to call the Viking rep. for instructions. Tom replaced a fan unit, recharged the refrigerant, and made sure the unit was working properly in all three zones. He didn't button things up and leave until he was able to see it properly switching zones, etc. Tom still had some concerns, even though everything looks good, so he put dye in the system, and set a follow up appointment to come back and reinspect things, just to be sure all is well. Over all, Tom went above and beyond what I would expect from a service call, and I will be using Tiger Mechanical for all of my future appliance service.

Description of Work
Viking wine cooler stopped functioning. Tom, of Tiger Mechanical cam out, did a very thorough inspection/evaluation of the machine, and then got the unit running again as new. (It is an older unit. Alms 12 years.)

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

[removed member name], We were glad to hear that we your technician was able to provide great service to you once again. Thank you for sharing with other Angie's List members. Regards, Barb Kissane/Tiger Mechanical/"We earn our stripes every day!"

03/27/2015

Mike C.

service was fantastic, on time and the price was exactly what he said it would be. i would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
put a new pump in my dishwasher.

Category appliance repair

Thank you! We appreciate your sharing your experience with not only us but with your fellow Angie's List members. I like hearing that our customer had a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Sounds like we "earned our stripes". Have a great weekend! Barb Kissane/Tiger Mechanical - "We earn our stripes everyday!"

02/22/2015

Christina C.

Our G E Monogram refrigerator was not cooling. Called GE for service and was told they could come out in two weeks. After waiting a week the freezer was dripping water and everything was defrosting. Decided to look on Angie's list and found Tiger. I called Tiger and left a message around 7:30 or so in the morning. I received a call right back and was able to get an appointment right away. The repairman was on time and was able to determine the cause and ordered the appropriate part. The refrigerator is now working properly. I was very pleased with the customer service and professionalism of the team. I will definitely call them again should I need appliance repairs in the future and would not hesitate to refer them.

Description of Work
repaired GEMonogram refrigerator. Unit was no longer cooling.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are always happy to hear back from our customers letting us know how our techs and our company overall did. I thank you for letting us know that your great service began with our office staff and continued with our technician. I was very happy to hear that we were able to fit you in right away and that our tech was able to take care of your refrigerator problem. We hope to hear from you again if the need ever arises again. Barb K - Tiger Mechanical Service - " We earn our stripes every day!"

01/16/2015

David S.

Excellent. Barb the dispatcher answered the phone. She was very professional, friendly, and helpfull. A tech was here in a little over an hour. Again, very professional and helpfull. Refridge. was repaired the same day. Outstanding service !

Description of Work
Replaced evap. fan motor and blade on refridgerator.

Category appliance repair

Thank you! Our aim is to not only take care of the appliance but also to take care of the customer. Happy to hear that your tech was able to get your refrigerator up and working the same day. Thank you for your business & happy healthy New Year to you! Barb K. "We earned our stripes today!"

12/08/2014

Les S.

I was most impressed with the friendly service, from initial phone contact through final clean-up at our home. The technician responded promptly (same day) and spent a lot of time diagnosing the problems with our washer. Unfortunately, we were informed it would not pay to repair our 10 year old washer and received excellent advice on selecting a replacement. Altogether a great experience and will definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
Diagnosed problems with Bosch washer, recommended replacement

Category appliance repair

We were happy to see that you were very satisfied with the service received. We try to give our customers all the information needed in order to make the decision which is best for them. We will not push a customer to repair an appliance that it would not be cost effective to replace. Thank you for your kind comments and your business! Happy Holidays to you and yours! Regards, Barb Kissane - "We earn our stripes every day!"

11/17/2014

LouAnn R.

The employee they sent out was a new employee of theirs and he was fantastic. He was respectful and knowledgeable and came out quickly. He explained what happened to our freezer. He melted the ice and got everything cleaned up. It was a great experience.

Description of Work
We had ice build up in the bottom of our freezer. It was leaking on our floor.

Category appliance repair

[Member Name], Was happy to send someone out for you and as your regular tech wasn't available we had to send the new guy. I am happy to hear that he did a great job and made a great impression. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and blessed Holiday Season! Barb K - "We earn our stripes every day!"

11/05/2014

Sara S.

The technician showed up on time both visits. He was knowledgeable and educated me on the problem. I am very pleased with the service from Tiger Mechanical. Barb in the office is responsive, friendly and accommodating regarding scheduling.

Description of Work
Fixed wiring problem that kept gas dryer from heating.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience. Glad to hear that you were very happy with our service and remember if you have any problems with your dryer repair that we performed, you do have a five year parts and one year labor warranty on it. Barb / Office Manager "We earn our stripes every day!"