First Impression Ironworks

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2004

4.4

1415 N Mondel Dr

Gilbert, AZ 85233

First Impression Ironworks is America’s #1 & Arizona’s largest designer, manufacturer and installer of custom Iron Security Doors, Iron Entry Doors, and Iron & Wood Gates, as well as Sunscreens, Window guards, Iron Railings, and Iron Artwork. Since 1995, First Impression Ironworks has built a reputation of fabricating and selling the highest quality iron products, providing award-winning service, quickest delivery, and overall best value to homeowners and businesses. *Please note that hours may vary with holidays – please check our website...

02/11/2021

Olen P.

BUYER BEWARE! Great product, great sales and install folks, poor customer service and architecture. The issue I ended up having with First Impression Ironworks is that while installing the gate, the installation gentleman pointed out that the gate door would not open all the way after being installed, there was a light in the way. He was going to take down the light but noted he was not allowed to put it back up. That didn’t sound right to me as this should have been pointed out during the design and architecture phase so that we could have chosen to have the gate doors open to the inside. He asked his manager to call me and after a bit of an acrimonious conversation we landed on the fact that I signed off on the design/architecture and they have a contract to prove it. She did mention that First Impression Ironworks would be happy to fix the situation, for a price. True, I signed a contract, but it is not my job to notice engineering and architecture flaws, it is the job of the company I hired for their expertise in creating and installing the gate. If I was an expert in such things, I would have purchased the gate somewhere else and installed it myself and saved a signification amount a money. But I am not an expert, I hired a First Impression Ironworks for their expertise and paid a premium for that expertise. Ultimately, the gate is in and it looks very nice though it does not function fully. BUYER BEWARE as First Impression Ironworks does not take responsibility for their blatant mistakes, they use the contract for cover and offer to help via an extra bill. There are probably 20 or 30 companies I could have chosen to do this job and in hindsight I should have gone with one of them. I would NOT RECOMMEND First Impression Ironworks.

Description of Work
BUYER BEWARE!

Category fencing, wrought iron, metal restoration, doors, security windows, driveway gates

We hear you and your feedback is taken seriously. We have offered to assist you and we encourage you to contact our Customer Care if you want to proceed. We thank you for your business and do hope you reach out to us. Our desire is that all of our customers are happy and love their custom ironwork. Previous Response: Hi [Member Name Removed]. First Impression was surprised to see this review since your gate installation is just beautiful and built for what you requested. Our policy for your double gate installation is the active door must be able to open at 90 degrees, which it does. Also, our policy is to have the conversation with you about any obstructions and we cannot assume you did not want the installation in this manner for the non-active side. The non-active door on your custom gate is what you are questioning presently. We understand at the time of installation you can visualize this and may have changed your mind from the contractual agreement. We offered to accommodate your request and there are reasonable fees associated to modify the products. We want you to be happy and are willing to work with you. If you would like the gate to change to a swing in option, it will change the location of the gate installation further toward the home and we can do this. Please contact Customer Care if you wish to modify the gate. We are here for you and happy to assist!

07/31/2019

Joe S.

We are very happy with our new front door, and the installer did an excellent job! We definately recommend First Impressions and Allen their Master Installer.

Description of Work
New steel entry door.

Category doors

We are thrilled to hear that our team provided the first class care you deserve! Your custom door is gorgeous! We truly appreciate your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave Allen such wonderful compliments!

06/02/2019

karen A.

was told 5-7 days for quote, after 4 phone calls 2 weeks later I got a call saying they didn't do or sub contract elect. or concrete, really they couldn't tell me that in the first week ?? then I got the quote, they are OUT of their minds !!!!

Description of Work
needed to have automated gate made and installed

03/14/2019

Beka G.

I'm not happy with the services . The price is so high ,dust and water go inside to our house .I never like the color very poor job , insulting manners . They are not helpful and false information.

Description of Work
They installed door.

02/19/2019

charles K.

after one year gate rusted out. only 1 yr warranty not worth spending that kind of money for one year .

Description of Work
new side gates

Category wrought iron

We truly apologize for the negative experience you've had, but we are committed to making it right. First class care, value and service are our top priorities. Our Customer Care team will continue working with you to resolve your concerns.

12/11/2018

Judith B.

Absolutely perfect fit, gorgeous doors. Mark the estimator, and Melissa the scheduler kept all their promises and were very customer oriented. The installers Alan and Ilan were professional, perfect gentlemen and perfectionists...they made sure I was happy with every little thing. Love the doors, love the company.

Description of Work
Install 4 screen security doors

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you for sharing your experience! We really love to hear that.

06/28/2018

Dave P.

Salesman came out and talked about making a gate for me. Chose a gate and the salesman pulled out a yellow color that matched the house. I told him I wanted a dark brown to match the trim. He made measurements and created a mock-up of the work and sent it to my e-mail. I looked at the gate and liked the style and the color dark brown. The gate was super-imposed in the walkway to give me an idea what it would look like. I agreed to the purchase after he filled out his contract telling me everything he was including. Too bad for me that when we agreed on the dark brown, I found he had put the color code for the yellow he liked. They built the wrong gate. I had them return it and was called by the salesman who lied to me about the color and then told me it was a binding contract and I had no recourse. I then called the office and after waiting several days for them to return my call, the person from customer support claimed I signed a binding contract and that I can pay an additional fee to have them repaint it. That was over 2 months ago and I have not heard a word from them. I checked their facebook account and this seems to be a standard for them - no customer care and you are wrong, they are right. I would not use this company again. Called BBB and Register of Contractors. Still awaiting their response.

Description of Work
Had a wrought iron gate fabricated for my front walkway

Category fencing, wrought iron, metal restoration

Our Customer Care and upper management has attempted to contact you several times. We have also been in contact with the BBB and ROC directly regarding your concerns. Your feedback matters to us and we want to assist you. Please retrieve your voicemail and email, and reach out to us at your earliest convenience. You can also send a private message on Angie's List or email to CustomerService-at-fisd.biz if you would like to update your contact information. You may also call our Customer Care department anytime at 800-731-1104, option #3; via email at CustomerService-at-fisd.biz, or online at FirstImpressionIronworks.com/Service.

06/21/2018

Karen A.

Do NOT do business with this company. They do not stand behind their product and they treat their customers terribly. Please pay attention to all of the bad reviews on Yelp and BBB. Learn from others and do not give this company our money. There are a lot of other good options available.

Description of Work
Security screen door

Category screen repair, doors

Sorry to hear this. We take great pride in our products and service. We'll continue working with you in order to resolve any outstanding issues.

06/11/2018

Vicky P.

The sales rep was wonderful. Tom explained the materials we picked out the best one for us. it was installed today within an hour and we love it.

Description of Work
We needed a security screen door.

Category doors

We hope you love your door for years to come! Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

02/02/2018

Natalie G.

Beautiful work if you like what you Didn’t order! First Impressions made my custom security screen door incorrectly. I made the mistake of paying with a check upfront to lower my cost. Can’t get my door made as agreed upon in my paid sales contract nor can I get a live person to call me back to resolve. Errors can happen but what differentiates a good business is how they communicate and help to resolve their error. Multiple calls and an email to the company leader Tim Cornelius with no resolution. How does this company have an A+ rating with the BBB? I wish I had read their FB reviews before I contracted this company. How has this locally and family owned entity stayed in business since 1995?

Description of Work
Custom iron security screen door

Category wrought iron, doors

We did not hear back from [Member Name Removed] regarding this review and her complaint with the BBB, where our Director of Customer Care and service team worked with the customer through the end of March. Per the resolution of the BBB case: "We notified [Member Name Removed] of your response and requested notification of whether or not a satisfactory resolution had been reached. BBB has not heard back from the consumer. Therefore, the complaint has been closed and will be included in your firm's BBB Business Review as: "Answered - BBB has not heard back from the consumer as to their satisfaction with the business's response." Our Customer Care department is available via phone at 800-731-1104, option 3; or 24/7 by submitting an inquiry online at FirstImpressionIronworks.com/Service, or via email at CustomerServiceATfisd.biz.

01/13/2018

Brian M.

Provider is unwilling to deliver a defect free product and service or value customers. Our experience appears to be very similar to that of other customers based on other reviews across the internet. Highly recommend taking your business elsewhere.

Description of Work
Designed and manufactured a defective gate. The installer was not able to install the gate plumb and level thus damaging the block wall.

12/04/2017

Tina O.

It was a bad experience that was never resolved. I wish I could get in touch with the owner, as I am sure he would be appalled with this quality of work and this typed of service.

Description of Work
We had a double screen door installed by First Impressions about 6 years ago, and at first were pleased. However, this security door is covered from the elements and began to bubble and rust and now the paint is peeling off. After much back and forth and frustration, we were told this was normal wear and tear. For a powder coat door, we disagree. However, we agreed to have a service come out and touch up the door for a $95.00 fee (required a credit card deposit). The technician came out and hemmed and hawed, and just was not sure why the door was bubbling and paint peeling away. However, he proceeded to touch up the door. During the repair process, the technician over sprayed my cream color house with copper paint and THEN attempted to cover it with white spay paint - creating a mess. Then the tech tried to hide this, but of course it was obvious, so we asked the tech to leave. Now, we called the office to complain, sent in pictures of the damage, and they called a week later with an estimate for them to remove the door to have it powder coated and painted. WOW.

Category doors

[Member Name Removed], We are posting a response again hoping to get more information from you. We are unable to look up your customer record without an address--and the address you posted is actually our showroom address. Please respond to customerfeedback at [Hyperlink Removed] with the full name and street address the order is under so we may ensure your concerns are resolved.

11/25/2017

Kimberly C.

Terrible! The design of the door they installed was not the design I signed off on, the glass had black inside the panels which needed replacing and they scorched my driveway in multiple areas during installation. Trying to resolve the dilemma was even worse. No response. When they finally responded, they were unprofessional and rude. Nothing but delays in resolving the situation. These are expensive doors, and their service did not match up to the price. The company does not care about or service the customer. Would never use again and would definitely not recommend using.

Description of Work
Front door replaced with Iron Door

11/02/2017

Douglas C.

Design, build and install went fine. Have had for a while. Having issues with it currently and the service team is horrible. We have had two screws break off in the door. These will most likely have to be drilled and tapped to remove. These screws hold a hinge on the door. The service team just says we will send you a new part, which they want to charge me for, or charge me for a service call. I have the part, I need the screws removed from the door that are broken off and new ones that match the door color provided. So much for the IronClad warranty. Wear and tear. I get on screens, paint, etc. But to have screws break off inside the door is not a wear and tear issue, its a failure.

Description of Work
Had a custom Iron door made for our scottsdale home. Also had a custom matching iron medallion made to match door.

10/27/2017

David W.

Wonderfully, from beginning to end the process was easy and flawless. The customer service and follow-up was just another reason we went back and ordered a another door for our second home; and they didn't disappoint.

Description of Work
Iron Security Door made and installed in new construction home.

Category wrought iron, doors

We appreciate you sharing your experience, [Member Name Removed]!

10/20/2017

Megan M.

The security door I ordered and had installed was better than what I had expected. The door I picked out is beautiful and the installer provided excellent craftsmanship and was very quick during the installation process. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Security Door

Category doors

We appreciate your review, [Member Name Removed]! We hope you enjoy your door for many years to come!

10/20/2017

Eric R.

Great- love my new gate, very quick install

Description of Work
New Gate- wood gate for side of home

Category doors

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate it!

08/25/2017

Mark M.

They were on time. The warranty service could be improved a little bit.

Description of Work
I had a door put in by them.

07/31/2017

Alan C.

it has taken longer than expected to fix the issues.

Description of Work
minor issues with installation.

Category doors

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the minor issues you experienced during installation, but are pleased to see that we were able to deliver on our promise of total customer satisfaction.

07/20/2017

Erika A.

It is so pretty. ?I ordered a double sided bolted lock. When they installed the door, the inside lock broke. ?I could only open in from the outside. ?I called them and said you guys are gonna have to come out and fixed this. ?They said they couldn't be here for eleven day. ?I said, what, that's ridiculous. ?I said I need to talk to your boss. ?This is a safety concern. ?I said when I burn up in this house, and I sue you if a fire occurs, would it be too far then. ?They said, well it will cost us a lot of money to send someone that far out. ?I said it wasn't that far when you were taking my money. ?I said you asked for $1,500. ?I gave you $1,500. ?I said would you rather me sue the s*** out of you. When the guy came out, he was like oh, I never installed the piece that makes it work, that's why it broke.

Description of Work
They installed a beautiful security door for us.

06/28/2017

Fran M.

I posted a review last month when I was not happy with the service provided. Since then I have been contacted by the company . The person I spoke to told me that they had experienced fast growth and had not been ready . She told me that she was now in charge and had already hired additional people to meet the service needs of their customers. She also indicated that they were making other changes so that they would be able to provide the level, of service their customers expected and deserved. She also sent someone out to replace the lock and handle on my door so that I wouldn't have further problems. This was done at no charge as a goodwill gesture. I would give them another chance if I was buying another security door since my issue was not with the door but with the service and changes have now been made in the company so that excellent customer service can be provided.

Description of Work
My security door wasn't opening.

06/19/2017

John M.

There is huge disconnect at this place between sales, service and installation. Installation was incomplete and half a$$ed. Service came out to finish the job and do what they promised a week later. Now we have luck issues that will probably require an act of Congress to straighten out. We're working on it. This was a referral from a friend. Disappointed.. would not/will not use again

Description of Work
Purchase of and installation of a security screen door.

Category doors

Our Customer Care team has attempted to reach you several times since your service call in July. We would like to confirm that your concerns are resolved. Your satisfaction is very important to us Thank you, The First Impression Ironworks Family

06/01/2017

Deanna R.

I ordered a security front door and was very pleased with the selection process and the professionalism of my sales person who helped guide me through the selection process. I also liked that a few optional features where also included in the price. What I didn't care for was my follow up service call experience. I believe they hire a "call center" and I explained that my door wasn't latching correctly after 4 weeks of installation. They asked that I take a picture to better show exactly what the door was doing. After doing that another person contacted me a few days later and asked me to explain to them what my door was doing. After doing that another person called to schedule a repair but first asked me what the door was doing!!! I was ready to pull my hair out. After almost 1 month, I am waiting for the service tech to come today to adjust my door. I would of preferred to talk to a person at First Impressions to handle my concern instead of farming my call out to a call center for them not to not be able to answer any questions.

Description of Work
I had a front security screen door installed.

05/31/2017

ARLENE K.

Did a good job and answered all my questions. Very happy with this door.

Description of Work
Security Door for front door.

Category doors

We appreciate your review!

05/09/2017

Jerry O.

We paid up front and the salesman told us we would get a call from the installation department in a couple of weeks. We had to call several times to get a response. We finally got the door after about 3 months. Screen was loose and the installer said "I don't bring the tool to fix that on purpose. I'll tell the office and someone will come next week to tighten it". Finally got it tightened after several weeks of phone calls. Then the door stopped closing. It just stopped and the bolt banged on the strike plate. I just fixed it myself. Broken pin in the lock.

Description of Work
Purchased a security door from First Impressions salesman that came to our home.

SmartFilm

When in need of high-quality residential window tinting in Arizona, turn to Smart Film, the leader in window tinting in the Mesa and East Valley region. Smart Film partners with trusted manufacturers in the industry to offer an expansive selection of high quality and durable residential window films. Our robust product catalog features advanced window tinting solutions for any application, making it easy for our residential customers find the window tint that matches their interior. Whether it’s for comfort, privacy, or protection from potentially harmful UV rays, you can count on us to make sound and reliable product or material recommendations for your unique needs. When you choose Smart Film, you know your AZ residential window tint will be installed by experienced and knowledgeable technicians. We do the job right the first time and take extra measures to make sure your newly tinted windows will stand the test of time, weather, and changing elements.

Dynamic Fencing and Fabrication, LLC

We are fence and ornamental iron builders with a vast experience in all types of fences and gates. Our mission is to provide a high-quality product whether standard or custom built. Our attention to detail and exemplary customer service is paramount and we strive for excellence with every project, no matter the size. Our company is owner-operated with over 25 years of experience and successfully in business for 9 years. Everyone within the company takes ownership of the workmanship we provide and genuinely enjoys the work they do.

Pinnacle Fencing Solutions

At Pinnacle Fencing Solutions, our services come with a history dating to 1946. A craft passed down 3 generations offers you professional service with a quality product. We offer you the very best in craftsmanship, expertise and customer care. With a work ethic that spans a generation, we invite you to hire us with confidence.

318583 318584
    Arizona
    ROC of Arizona
    08/31/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Financing

Custom security screen doors, wrought iron entry doors, iron gates, railings, spiral staircases, window guards & window solar screens.

Replacement screens for products from other manufacturers, door repair from other manufacturers, pool railing