Baker’s Travertine Power Clean

Founded 1988 • With Angi since May 2010

2724 W Warner Rd

Chandler, AZ 85224

We are a family business that Specialize in Travertine, Marble, Flagstone, Slate and all natural stone cleaning, buffing, polishing, restoration, and sealing services. We are not carpet cleaners offering "stone cleaning" as a sideline. We are experts in our field, investing in top quality equipment

09/28/2020

Frank B.

Great and everything completed as agreed upon.

Description of Work
Clean, repair and protection coat for 1000 SF of Flagstone Patio and grout.

Category pavers, gravel, patios

09/25/2020

MARIA V.

The crew did a a great job, were very professional and I am 100% pleased with end results.

Description of Work
Outside pavers cleaned and treated for effervecense

Category buffing & polishing, patios

08/03/2020

Daniel C.

Tom and his crew at Baker's Travertine did a great job. We have a large flagstone area in our backyard and around our BBQ/ Fire Pit and in ground Spa. They were very careful around the spa; floating bubble wrap and doing a good bit of hand work. The crew did a great job of prepping, cleaning and sealing and were very knowledgable and professional. I can already see where water no longer pools up anywhere on the flagstone and I'm no longer experiencing any chipping or peeling. Worth it!!

Description of Work
Sealing Large Flagstone Deck area in backyard

Category pavers, gravel, buffing & polishing, patios

07/13/2020

Steve L.

We had 12 year old floors and they looked pretty bad with dirty grout and sort of discolored. We were amazed at how they looked after they were cleaned and polished by Bakers. They look awesome, wish we had it done much earlier. The floors are now the best part of the house.

Description of Work
Cleaning travertine floors

06/16/2020

celesta C.

The workers were polite and knew what they were doing. Awesome people to have. They know how to treat the travertine tile.

Description of Work
Cleaned the travertine tile

Category ceramic tile

04/26/2020

Jerry K.

Excellent! Tom Baker and his Team are wonderful to work with. We changed direction late in the process, and the Baker's adjusted their resources accordingly. The company is very responsive to questions and in scheduling the work. This was a very good experience, and I highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Front and back patio deep clean, penetrating sealant, and top coating.

Category buffing & polishing, floor cleaning, patios

04/18/2020

Jenni Z.

I am new to a travertine floor. I did a remodel and tried to protect the floors as best as I could but they did get some wear and tear. I had to replace new travertine to match the old and needed an overhaul with refinishing. I received a few quotes and was 110% impressed with Tom and Amy Baker. They came together and were very informative, they know their travertine!!! The price was extremely reasonable compared to other competitors quotes. The crew arrived on time, they were professional, kind, careful with my house and explained the whole process. I would hire Bakers again in a heartbeat. They are just really nice, solid people too. The foreman have been with them for a long time and that speaks volume. Very satisfied customer. Thank you.

Description of Work
Travertine Refinish and Polish and Seal

03/25/2020

Patricia L.

I win the award for having the worst contractor ever....I had a new build with 6000 sq ft of floor grout that was not covered/protected for over a year with all subcontractors walking and working on it like it was dirt. Bakers Travertine Power Cleaning came in and TOTALLY restored the holes and color while adding a long term sealer. The attention to detail and how they respected our home was something you don't experience all that often. We also have used them to powerwash/seal our outdoor travertine patios with their extremely durable sealer. Again, fabulous product and left our house in perfect condition. I highly, over the top, recommend them. Patty in Fountain Hills, AZ

Description of Work
sealing outdoor travertine patio, restoring indoor flooring grout

Category ceramic tile, pavers, gravel, floor cleaning, travel medicine

03/25/2020

James K.

Great staff and company. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Refurbished 25 year old travertine - now looks like new

03/24/2020

Pam A.

Staff was punctual, courteous and great! Results were outstanding.

Description of Work
Having a 2,000 SF single family home with travertine. Outstanding results. Professional staff that worked as a team. Lovin' the results from Baker's Travertine Team.

Category buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

02/15/2020

Richard P.

Caution ! Beware of this company. I signed an agreement with them to clean our travertine on the back patio. Prior to signing the agreement , I told them we were having other construction work done on our house and I wasn't sure if the construction company would need to use the patio for egress to the worksite. They stated they required a project date to schedule the work in advance so we scheduled January 30th and 31st with the understanding I could change it once I confirm dates with our construction company.. I did immediately determine from the construction company they would need to use the patio for egress to the worksite and they gave me finish date of January 31st which required me to move the start date of the project to February 4th and 5th. On January 31st the construction company told me they would not be finished the work and needed egress through the patio through the following week ending on February 7th. I called Baker Travertine at 11:00AM on January 31st, immediately after I learned of the delay to reschedule again. I was told that I automatically forfeited my $300 deposit because I requested a second change within 7 days of the project date. I was also told It was in the agreement I signed and I should have read the agreement. I was also told I should ask my construction company for payment of the deposit I paid to Baker Travertine. Based on the lack of understanding or compassion for our uncontrollable changes I cancelled the contract. I did request a refund and they sent me an email stating the forfeiture of the deposit was common practice in their industry and, again, stated it was in the contract . It is difficult for me to believe they need to make their money by collecting security deposits from customers who make changes beyond their control to their project dates. I am also very disappointed in the aggressive attitude and lack of any kind of empathetic customer service shown by a consumer based company. Please note, I only cancelled the contract after I was told I forfeited the deposit because I wanted to reschedule the date of the cleaning.

Description of Work
cleaning and sealing of Travertine

Category floor cleaning, patios

We never provided services for the above reviewer! That is completely false. We were scheduled to do work for him and then were rescheduled due to another vendor was not finished at his home, pushing our work back. We accommodated immediately. Then a second reschedule within 2 business days of his 2 day project. As per our policy, the $300 deposit was forfeited for cancelling with less than 7 days notice. This policy was explained verbally and also in writing on both our copies of the contract. We acted within our stated deposit policy and do not appreciate being reviewed as if we performed any services for this person. We did not work for this person.

01/22/2020

Tony G.

Bakers are Travertine EXPERTS! They provided a very detailed and fair quote after a thorough in home visit. The service provided FAR exceeded my expectations. This not only included the actual cleaning/polishing service itself but the careful moving of furniture as well as leaving the entire house spotless. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Bakers Tavertine Power Cleaning.

Description of Work
Travertine Tile Cleaning and Polishing

Category floor cleaning

12/20/2019

Anne C.

Bakers exceeded our expectations. We had our travertine restored and opted for the light polish finish. The whole crew was very professional and courteous at all times. They did an amazing job on our floors and even offered to and helped put the furniture back when the job was done. They were adamant about making sure we utilize them for the heavy lifting while we had them. And they showed my housekeeper how to use their cleaning kit. I would recommend this company in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Travertine Restoration

12/16/2019

Kim B.

It went amazingly well! Team was awesome- friendly, patient and sincere.

Description of Work
Clean and renew travertine all downstairs in our home

Category ceramic tile, pavers, gravel, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

10/29/2019

R Vance H.

They were accommodating and very affordable.

Description of Work
They did stone polishing.

Category floor cleaning

09/02/2019

Lisa C.

Baker's Travertine Power Clean is absolutely the BEST cleaning company you can hire to clean and refurbish your floors– hands down, they are amazing! We moved to AZ and the home we purchased had not been lived in for a couple of years. It really needed some love (In other words, it was dirty, dusty and grimy) the travertine floors were dirty, dingy and the grout was dark grey and worn looking. No matter how hard I worked I could not get the floors to look clean. Baker's Travertine Power Clean came in and put the sparkle and shine back into my floors. Indoor and outdoors. You won’t find better professional cleaners. Their teams work hard, are professional and didn’t miss a thing. It makes such a huge difference have beautiful, shiny, clean floors.

Description of Work
Refinishing and cleaning travertine and stone floors.

Category ceramic tile, pavers, gravel, marble & granite, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning, patios

09/01/2019

Angeline M.

Excellent work performed by 4 man team. Ray and Kody were diligent in addressing all the items listed on Amy’s estimate. They also fixed additional items they saw during the course of the job, like missing grout.

Description of Work
Over 1500 sq feet of travertine cleaned and polished

Category pavers, gravel, floor cleaning

07/25/2019

ahmad M.

They are the Best, and I would not have any one else do it.

Description of Work
Complete House Travertine Work: Cleaning and Polishing

06/24/2019

Richard C.

Extremely pleased! Our stone looks better than ever. The satin finish truly made the colors and the beauty of the natural stone come through. We highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Travertine in backyard needed cleaning, sealing, and protecting

06/19/2019

Charles O.

Bakers travertine did an outstanding job! We had Miles and the team come out on a Friday to grind and polish the travertine around our pool and it looks incredible now! They even came back on Saturday to finish the polishing work to perfection. The care and detail that the team put in was top notch. I would highly recommend Bakers Travertine to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Travertine grinding and polishing

06/02/2019

Diane P.

Here's Tom Baker's reply to my email complaint. He didn't address the sliding prices. Read & decide for yourself who's "mean". Ray is one of the most polite and hard-working family man I’ve ever met. I bet he did not take a break for even five minutes. We work for hundreds of different customers per year The feedback we get from customers regularly as he is very polite and does a great job. If Ray actually said he would have to leave if he was being treated a certain way maybe you should look in the mirror. I am very sorry but we try as a family and as a company to do the very best job ethically and politely. I’ve been in customer service for 32 years I have met many many many nice people and I have definitely met people that are just mean and think they’re OK. Again I will say sorry and I’ll also say sorry we choose not to work for you anymore. Hello, As this is still bugging me nearly 3 weeks later, here are issues for the record. Before your crew arrived 4/23, I opened garage, moved SUV to far left of 3-car drive & intended your truck take free 2/3 available, running hoses up mid-drive through garage. Your crew first parked in front. We said no hoses across newly planted areas or through front door this time. Your crew then advised I needed to move SUV to street. I asked why they couldn't turn truck around or take 2/3 already open? Can't maneuver truck around, unclear why they couldn't pull up to 2/3 of clear drive (because it blocked mailbox?). I was FURIOUS; my tone reflected that. I couldn't understand why truck couldn't be placed where I wanted. As I moved car, your crew told my husband "if she's gonna be this way over every little thing, we're leaving". Threaten customer behind her back. Nice. If they'd said that to my face, there's high likelihood I'd have said leave. It's NOT a little thing to have hoses over a garden or blocking more driveway than needed. My husband's still disabled, on a walker, can't drive (or move cars), & part of my prep was to avoid hoses (yours & ours) all over driveway as he's a significant fall risk. I also didn't want to put any car on street if unnecessary. I ordered service, knew what we wanted, when you were here last, what discounts there might be, that there's premium for credit card use, which card to use, etc. My husband wouldn't know most of that. If your crew wasn't bluffing, & really would have left, then they obviously felt OK calling office to say they'd walked out on a long-time customer. Presumably your business is so great, you don't need small jobs like ours - ? I avoided crew as much as possible until time to pay. Another different price. You've been here 7 times since 2009, & price different each time. Yes, we've paid by cash vs. credit, & sometimes there's been a special but invoices show different measurements for primarily same areas for half the jobs. When I questioned amount, your guy said they'd just re-measured, & you work with customers to get a deal. Deal du Jour? Simple logic says not all measures accurate, & we've either under- or overpaid 1-2 times. Professionally, as a former National Marketing VP responsible for millions in revenue & hundreds of staff, I wouldn't recommend threatening customers or leaving them baffled by pricing methodology - even if it's a better deal. Personally, I don't appreciate being made to feel uncomfortable in my own home. I chose not to air this on social media as that's going behind your back. Based on whether I still feel bothered by this experience next time, I'll decide which company to call. No reply needed. I don't want a call. I put myself in your position & decided you should know.

Description of Work
Polish travertine floors

Category buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

04/30/2019

Dave C.

This the second time we have used Baker's and are very pleased with the work performend.

Description of Work
clean and apply sealer on travertine tiles

Category marble & granite, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

03/28/2019

Christine G.

Great. Floors look better than when we first built the home. They also cleaned & polished stone countertops in master bath.

Description of Work
Cleaned and sealed Travertine floors throughout the home.

Category countertops, floor cleaning

02/22/2019

Carol K.

The process was thoroughly explained during the site visit for the quote. They were very clear and up front about what had caused our floors looked so bad, the amount of work that would be needed, what they could and could not repair, and how we could take care of the stone to keep it looking nice fro a long time to come. The price was higher than we expected, but there was more work than we expected as well. We have travertine floors in every square inch of our house, and an improper sealant that was trapping dirt first had to be stripped off. The work team was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and thorough. There were many bad spots on our floors where they pretty much worked miracles to make it look nice. Our floors were previously dull, dingy, and looked dirty no matter what we did to clean them. Now they are polished and shiny, and they look clean. Ugly cracks, chips and other damage are filled in, color matched and are barely noticeable. In the showers, they cleaned and sealed the stone, fixed places where the grout had cracked away, and filled holes in the stone that were previously very difficult to clean. They gave us a lot of information about how to better care for the stone floors and showers, and also left us with the proper cleaning supplies to do that.

Description of Work
Refinished the travertine floors in our house and refinished the stone surfaces in two showers.

Category ceramic tile, pavers, gravel, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

02/07/2019

Larry .

It looked wonderful after they finished!!!!

Description of Work
Clean Travertine floor

Category ceramic tile, floor cleaning

Rapid Restoration and Construction LLC

We are a general contractor with licensure for residential and commercial application. On staff plumbing division with licensure in the same (comm/res). We specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodels, home additions, updates/aesthetic regeneration, Arizona rooms, flooring, cabinetry and carpentry. Ground up builds and custom home builds per plans. Drafting available. We also offer 24/7/365 Fire, flood, storm, other natural disaster remediation. Mold, asbestos abatement. Post-remediation construction put back. Locally and family owned and operated.

Coconut Cleaning

We’re not just another carpet cleaning company with a trendy logo and a catchy slogan. Our state of the art cleaning process has revolutionized the cleaning industry. There is an enormous difference between us and other companies process. We pretreat and agitate each surface with our BrushproTM system then clean with our natural coconut enhanced cleaning system. The results are incredible, not to mention we don’t clean with harsh chemicals. We guarantee that you will love our team, our process and most importantly the results.

AZ XtremeClean LLC

Additional Phone Number- (623) 329-7262 - Let AZ XtremeClean take care of all of your cleaning needs while you enjoy your discount by mentioning Angie’s list when calling! We are a family owned and operated carpet, tile, upholstery and air vent cleaning company whom prides ourselves in above quality workmanship! We love to maintain relationships with clients and become more than just a cleaning service. We want to be part of the routine that makes your life better, healthier, and cleaner. And, the more often we come by, the less work we have to do, and the more you save – not to mention the intangible benefit of living in a spotless place!

Offers by AZ XtremeClean LLC on Angi
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal

Travertine, Flagstone, Marble, Slate, and other Natural Stone tile cleaning, honing, polishing, grinding, sealing, grout cleaning & small repairs. We also provide Ceramic and porcelain tile cleaning, and grout color sealing. We service Interiors and Patios, Showers, Counters, BBQ, Pool and spa trim, or any stone surface...

Cultured marble, tile demo & installation.