Alex Mcmillan Painting

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2012

3 rd Generation Specializing in only quality Work, We try to provide paint jobs that last , we do not cut corners nor are we the blow and go painters, we do not stretch the paints or water the paints down, on every home we apply the same quality of workmanship and provide top quality materials. Call us will get out there and give you a Estimate for free, all estimates are no charge. Your Price does not change, no surprises or unexpected hidden cost at the end of your job. We do not do small jobs Such as painting a single bedroom only or painting just garage doors, or staining front doors or painting only couple sections of facia boards. we specialize in complete repaints of interior and exterior...

A Service Provider's profile image

+36 more images

house painting (110)pressure washing (19)interior painting (16)stucco (13)roofing (11)drywall (4)siding companies (1)solar companies (1)electrician (1)

10/01/2021

Chris R.

Alex and his crew did an excellent job. It was easy to set up, the price was fair and they did a great job. Would definitely recommend them and would hire them again. Thanks Alex!

Description of Work
Whole house exterior painting

Work Completed On 09/29/2021

04/29/2020

Jason P.

We HIGHLY recommend Alex and Tom (High Sonoran Desert Painting) if you’re in the search for an interior/exterior painting company. Alex, Tom and crew are top notch! Customer service driven, honest, clean and meticulous in quality of work. We have used High Sonoran for both interior and exterior painting and couldn’t be happier with the end result!

Description of Work
Exterior & Interior Painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

12/21/2019

Alan S.

Alex was a pleasure to work with. He carefully explained the entire process including the prep. His painters Emanuel and Lisa did a fantastic job expeditiously. He painted several of my neighbors homes, and I chose him based on there references. I will use him again.

Description of Work
exterior of home painted

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

09/30/2019

Stephanie L.

Alex and his crew are extremely reliable and professional! Alex was more than fair in pricing and his crew did an Amazing job! So proud to have the best paint job in the neighborhood - quality job, well done!

Description of Work
Exterior house paint and stucco repair due to previous rain damage.

07/17/2019

MERLE LEE J.

Home, Block Walls & gate look awesome ! Very Professional & handles any issues right away. We did not get another quote due to his reviews on NextDoor, Angie’s List and my husband met with Alex to go over all details. Liked all the extra details he tends to look at. Job Sold!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting , Stucco Repair , Block Walls Painted

Category drywall, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

12/05/2018

Nicholas S.

Very professional. Great job. Alex painted the exterior of our house. He first pressure washed/cleaned the entire outside of our house. He then, prepped, painted and cleaned up. It looks like a brand new house.

Description of Work
Exterior - house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

11/20/2018

Dina H.

Excellent job, courteous painters and owner. Estimate of work days had to be extended.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

11/03/2018

Marcia B.

Contractor informed me that they do not do this type of project.

Description of Work
Exterior Trim Painting

Work Completed On 11/03/2018

06/25/2018

Matt M.

Went great. They did a very good job and paid attention to detail. They had the highest quote but we are glad we went with Alex and his team.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

05/24/2018

Kha L.

I need an exterior painting for my house. It is 1100sf and is overdue for a new paint (its current paint, also original paint, is 20 years old). Alex McMillan’s bid is higher than all other bids I got. But I decide to select his painting company because of its quality I heard from others. His team of 3 persons finished the job in 2 days. They worked hard, were very detail oriented, especially Nitcheo, the team leader. They also fixed the patio’s roof leak and replaced the damaged front door with a new door before painting. If your most concern is painting quality, then I strongly recommend Alex McMillan company.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

05/19/2018

Robert F.

I have had good experiences and then I had the Alex Mcmillan experience. Quick and absolutely thorough on the estimate of what they will do, what to look for in other estimates, etc. Did a fantastic job with the work done. Went over it the day before finishing and cleaned up. Very happy and will be recommending to the neighbor.

Description of Work
Entire exterior painted

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

03/21/2018

CHRISTOPHER B.

Alex arrived on time to provide an estimate. He walked around the entire house with me and described all of the work he would do to repair the stucco and seal cracks in sun-dried wood trim. He provided a full written estimate of all of the work and its cost. I was impressed by his knowledge and professionalism and after getting one other estimate, I decided to hire him. Alex was able to schedule the job the week after I called and actually came several days early because another client had to postpone. His crew arrived at the start of the day on a Monday and spent the day preparing for the painting by power-washing all surfaces, making the stucco and trim repairs, moving items like outdoor furniture and potted plants out of the way and masking windows, doors, and ground surfaces tape and plastic or paper. They came back on Tuesday and were able to complete the painting of the house. They returned on Wednesday for a couple of hours to paint some wrought-iron trim and to stain and seal our fiberglass front door. They cleaned up everything and moved all of our property back into place. Alex arrived and inspected the house and then walked my wife and me around it to explain all of the work that was done. Alex's crew was hard-working, polite, and professional and they did a great job. They did an excellent job are clearly very detail oriented.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting of House

Work Completed On 03/21/2018

01/07/2018

Joe B.

Working with Alex was a pleasure. He was informative and help me pick out what type of paint I should target with the way my house is position with the Sun and Shade I have. He came back with an quick and will price out quote. He was able to start the work within 2 weeks and made sure to come back and check on how progress was going. He also redid my gate for me and looks brand new. I would definitely use again

Description of Work
I need the exterior of my house painted and sealed.

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

11/01/2017

Denis L.

Alex and crew were professional and meticulous in their work. I intend to use them again in the coming months for some interior painting work. I am pleased to recommend them without any reservations.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting along with stucco and roof repair

Category roofing, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

06/02/2017

Kristen W.

Beautifully done. Excellent attention to detail. Polite and professional crew. Will hire again for interior work

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 05/28/2017

06/01/2017

Tom M.

Excellent. Crew was right on time. Keep the work area VERY clean; was meticulous about the prep work, and that created a perfect job.

Description of Work
Repaired where needed and painted entire outside of home as well as the fence and BBQ grill. Also coated flat roof.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

05/30/2017

David W.

I took nearly 24 hours to get a call back. I was going to let that slide but, we scheduled an appointment for an estimate and he never showed and didn't call to let me know or reschedule. I took a couple hour off work to meet and then he didn't show.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

First off I'd like to point out No Work was done for this person. [Member Name Removed] sorry to here about your experience But unfortunately I have no clue as to who you are, but if it had of been my company I would say sorry and is there anything I can do to make it right but I'm thinking this review was intended for someone else, there is 2 other Alex mcmillan that do painting and I believe there company name is high Sonoran and sierra vista. They are no relation to me or affiliated with me. As for my work ethic , punctuality etc is all A on here from over 100 reviews and that is do to caring and taking care of my customers from beginning to end so I let that record speak for its self because I strive and work hard for it. Again sorry to hear about your experience but take look at how many mcmillan painters are on the web in AZ I'm sure you just made a honest mistake and you'll find the right one. And I would like to point out again no work was done for this person

05/04/2017

Megan M.

very well worked until dark every day to get it done. They took the time to fill in every crack n the stucco looks great

Description of Work
paint the outside of house and small roof repair

Category roofing, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

04/26/2017

Len P.

Excellent in every category. Alex is very personable, friendly and professional. He explained all work that would be done and did a final walk around inspection to insure satisfaction, which we were totally. Emmanuel and his crew were very polite, neat, prompt and professional completing all tasks. We had two coats of semi-gloss paint applied both sprayed on and back-rolled ... including the chimney! Our house now looks like new and definitely has added value. Highly recommend Alex and his crew to everyone.

Description of Work
Paint house exterior, repair cracks in foundation and walls, needed extensive caulking on siding.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

Review for Alex Mcmillan Painting - 2820 S. Alma School Rd , Chandler, AZ - 34906917

04/14/2017

Scott F.

Excellent. Alex was very thorough in his bid and explanation of the scope of work. His team was punctual and professional. The entire project went according to the bid and the results were fantastic.

Description of Work
Exterior painting for two story home and interior of block wall surrounding the property.

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

04/14/2017

Jeanette M.

I don't normally post reviews, good or bad, but in this case, I simply could not!! The exterior of my home was just painted by Alex McMillan's crew and I cannot say enough how happy I am with it. From the initial meeting with Alex for the estimate, until just today when he stopped by to ensure all was done correctly and collected payment, everything went just as he said it would go. I had four estimates before I chose Alex, even though he was a bit higher, I'm telling you, it was worth it! The crew that showed up, Oscar, Tamu and Emanuel were extremely hard, dedicated workers taking care with all of my things and making sure the things they were doing was to my satisfaction. They were polite, professional and made sure all things were cleaned and put back before they left. I would highly recommend Alex McMillan Painting.

Description of Work
Exterior of home painted with ceilings of entry, front & back porches totally redone, stucco repairs.

Category drywall, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

03/16/2017

Suzanne E B.

The entire process from start to finish was better than excellent. Everything was taped, papered, or covered in plastic after being thoroughly cleaned. The project lasted 5 days and we were in the process of selling our home. They did everything possible to accommodate us. Valentin and Joshua were assigned to our home, and their professionalism, attention to detail, and hard work made our home look like new. It was an outstanding experience.

Description of Work
I needed the entire exterior of my home repainted. Alex gave me an estimate for work that went over and above what I expected when "simply" having my home repainted. The entire home was power washed, even my sunscreens; all of the stucco was repaired, the foundation stoop at the front entry was repaired, our shutters were repaired (they now look new), they repaired the cracks in our patio ceiling; even our two wooden gates were taken apart, oiled, frame repainted, then re-assembled. Absolutely amazing!

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

Review for Alex Mcmillan Painting - 2820 S. Alma School Rd , Chandler, AZ - 34625089

03/16/2017

Suzanne E B.

It went absolutely perfectly! We had no complaints at all and Alex and and his team went over and above our expectations. It was such a pleasure to work with such a profess