Mike's Home Repair & Remodeling

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2013

Mike's Home Repair and Remodeling can handle any of your home improvement or remodeling needs! Call us today for a free estimate!

handyman (15)interior painting (7)house painting (5)home remodeling (3)decks & porches (3)roofing (2)

03/29/2021

Paul R.

Went great, mike is very detail of his work, took time out to explan what he was doing and how he was going to do it. Highly recommend on any house remodeling.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior, Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

02/03/2021

Donald K.

Mike Remodeling did a great job. They did everything I expected them to do and more.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior, Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/06/2021

Thank you for the work. It was a pleasure doing business with you. It makes our job easy when we work for people that appreciate quality craftsmanship. Than you again, Mike

12/18/2020

Donna B.

Excellent, out of three other companies Mike saved us nearly 20,000 for sure. Mike and his crew were very professional. They showed up on time early, they were very dependable and the work they did is just beautiful. I'm hiring them back for in the spring!

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Painting - Interior

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

10/27/2020

Ron S.

All work was very good and would use Mike again. Professional and Mike did what he told me he would do. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
installed 2 doors, repaired storm damage

Category decks, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

10/21/2020

Terri L.

Mike Weeks came out to give me quote about a month and a half ago. He said he would send me an itemized quote within the week. Never heard anything. I followed up in a couple of weeks. He said he would have the quote in a couple of days. Needless to say I still have heard nothing from him. So if his work is anything like his word, you can't depend on it.

Description of Work
Home repair, roofing

Category decks, handyman service, roofing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

09/08/2020

Jimmy J.

I don’t recall ever hearing from this service, I’ve definitely never met with them.

Description of Work
Storm damage repair

Category handyman service, remodeling, roofing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Mr [Member Name Removed], I apologize for not contacting you on the recent service request. I have been very busy keeping up with the jobs that I have made a commitment on. I truly hope you have found someone to take care of the services you needed. Thank You for the comments. I am taking note and am going to try harder to accommodate more clientele in the future. Mike Weeks Mike's HomeRepair and Remodeling LLC

08/13/2020

Peggy D.

Very honest and fair. Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

06/23/2020

Anita B.

GREAT! It looks great. They are super people! I'm using them now for inside remodeling and new windows.

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Category remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. It has been a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the opportunity .to give your house a fresh look once again Thanks, Mike Mike's Home Repair and Remodeling

06/23/2020

Kellie D.

Wonderful group of men who did a excellent Job! I will definitely use them again!!

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

06/03/2020

Mike & Anyla D.

It was very good. The workers were good. They were professional.

Description of Work
They remodeled a bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

03/11/2020

Marc S.

Mike and his crew did an excellent job. They communicated well as far as when they would be on site and what was being done. Mike was on the job site with the crew and made sure we were pleased with his work. These guys are skilled craftsmen that take pride in the job they do. Good work at fair prices. I would hire them for any project I was doing. They finished up today and I hated to see them go. I highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Primarily concrete and roofing

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

03/03/2019

Lee M.

The quality of the work exceeded expectations. This was a project that I had been wanting to do for quite some time and wasn't able to perform it due to insufficient construction skills and safety issues with working at a height. I was able to install the nine beams (vertical) which served as the "stilts" or support for the tower. However, since the beams had been installed for over a year a majority of them had bowed or flexed especially at the upper height. Mike was able to adapt to the bowing and flexing of the beams and construct a very solid tower with a deck on top that measures 20' x 20'. He was very careful in his work and only used high quality components to ensure high strength during winds, weight stress, etc. My expectations were exceeded: in the amazing appearance of the tower, the inability to "shake" the tower when moving back and forth on the top, the high safety railing that wraps around the tower and the stairs (with railing) that he constructed that wrap around the tower for the ascent upward. Mike was very professional and the price he quoted me didn't change. Finally, he didn't drag out construction on the project and completed the project in a very reasonable time.

Description of Work
Constructed an extremely sturdy 21 foot tall 20'x20' Tower with high safety railing (observation point and zipline launch).

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

Review for Mike's Home Repair & Remodeling - PO Box 6665, Van Buren, AR - 37741698

11/29/2016

April D.

Went well. Mike very responsive. I continue to use his services for a major restoration.

Description of Work
Major roof repair

Work Completed On 10/15/2016

Review for Mike's Home Repair & Remodeling - PO Box 6665, Van Buren, AR - 34019351

07/24/2016

LEE S.

The construction project went OUTSTANDING. In fact, based upon talking to Mike (prior to writing up a contract) The wife and I decided, with Mike's help that we could also afford to expand an existing bedroom that was next to the construction area. Several customized features were performed by Mike that increased the quality of the project and made it more meaningful for us. With the extra work of expanding a child's room, Mike worked with us (in the construction contract) by us performing some construction items that we were comfortable with (e.g. attic insulation, tiling,etc.) in order to help offset the increased costs of the "extra work" associated with expansion of the bedroom. We made payments to Mike based on the % of completion. Things went so well and I trusted Mike so much that I made the final payment prior to the trim, touch-ups, etc. being completed. Mike did not disappoint me, and he asked me for a punchlist of all the trim/touch-up items we were aware of. Mike came back, after we completed the tile as agreed upon, and took care of the trim/ touch-up items. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or use Mike again for a construction project. He is honest and he does what he says. He has a very good eye and mind for details. The little is important to him and he is passionate about the project looking great. He did not cut any corners with our project and he used high quality building materials.

Description of Work
We have a single story home sitting on several acres. There was a back porch on the home but it was mostly just covered w/ roof w/ ceilings fans (concrete floor). We got with Mike to see about using the existing back porch to morph into a sun-room by adding onto the existing sun room using standard stick frame construction. One of our important maxims was that we wanted the sun-room, when completed, to look as if it was built at the same time home was built. In other words, we wanted it to "flow" with the lines of the home, continuing on and using existing roof pitch, etc.

Work Completed On 02/15/2016

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you on that project. I am glad you are as pleased as I am with the overall finish inside and out . The original vision of building on to the house, making sure the roof pitch and valleys matched the existing structure. Was of uptmost importance to me. The end result was an equitable investment in your home. Thank you for your time and consideration, Mike Weeks

01/05/2016

Gerald F.

Mike did a great job on my mother's house once the job started. I did need to followup on the start date of the job as it was delayed a number of times. He and his crew removed all the old carpet, subfloors, Joist, etc. and hauled to dump. He locked up my mother's house after each day after working (she could not live in the house during the repairs). He went above and beyond on replacing the threshold on my mother's front door which wasn't in the contract. The structural work was done professionally and my brother (David Fuller) and I were very pleased. The work he and his crew did on placing the floor treatment (linoleum) was very professional and looked just like a hardwood floor. We all were very pleased! We had some followup work that we needed and Mike did that promptly. I would use Mike again! In fact, my brother and I do plan to have more work done on my mother's house and we are going to use Mike. We may have to wait on Mike because he is busy, but he is worth the wait!

Description of Work
Replaced Floor Joist, subfloor, and floor treatment in 3 room (Front bedroom, Dinning Room, and Living Room). Also, replace sills supporting the walls on the outside of house and adjoining rooms. Replaced damaged wood on studs and walls in rooms from water & termites. Finally, replace Window framing and sills on all outside windows that were damaged. Replaced outside siding on areas where needed. Replace threshold on front door to make adjustment for front door so no gaps were left after raising house.

Work Completed On 12/04/2015

12/21/2015

Patrick C.

Job went very well. Mike had a helper with him and the job took approximately two hours or so. He had not worked with the particular model of door we had ordered, so there was extra time needed for direction reading, templates, etc. All work was done carefully and precisely and the door fits perfectly. Mike picked up the door at the hardware store, brought it to our home, hauled away the old door, and cleaned up the job site. All was done well. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Removed old, heavy metal security door from front of our home. Replaced it with new custom storm door we had ordered.

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

03/19/2015

DARLENE P.

Description of Work
Bathroom repair and remodeling

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/15/2015

07/28/2014

Janette B.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

06/06/2014

Suzanne P.

I have had repairs done on my cabins before with varying degrees of success--and failure. The repairs Mike did in these two cabins are not only outstanding, but turned out to be upgrades that actually IMPROVED the look and durability of the cabins. I owe the success of this and quot;repair/upgradeand quot; not only to Mike and his brother's skills as carpenters and tile layers, but to Mike's resourcefulness and creativity. I had the idea of using new tile to replace the laminate we had to remove, but Mike suggested using a smaller tile than I had thought to use and then trim the border tiles with 90 degree angles in an attractive design. The smaller tiles in the small space would look better and would provide more of the non-skid factor I need in a commercial situation. Then Mike recommended using Durock under the tile to prevent future water damage should the door leak again (a probability given the high winds and heavy rains we get from time to time), even though the use of Durock was going to create more of a transition or grade difference between the new tiled entry and the main floor. When it was time to finish the tile, Mike brought four different types of transition strips for me to look at, each one a possibility, but each one with its own issues. Two of the four were definite possibilities, but one of the transition strips turned out to be perfect--a small metal strip that presented no trip-factor and, because he chose a color of it that harmonized with the cabin walls (a dark copper color), it was aesthetically pleasing--quite beautiful as it turned out. I am stunned at the results. Where I was expecting at best a repair job that we would have to cover up with rugs or something, I got beautiful, stylistic additions to my cabins that not only fixed the problem permanently, but really improved the quality and look of the cabin. All his suggestions were not only professionally correct, but they were also made with an eye to what would be attractive in terms of design. Not often you get builder and designer skills in the same person....I will definitely be using Mike again. Well worth the money. P.S. My housekeeping staff is in love with him because he really cleaned up his mess as he went, which meant the cabin did not get a lot of dust in it and they had very little to do the get the cabins ready for Guests--whom we had scheduled for the day after they finished the job.

Description of Work
Seeping water under a front door had ruined a few sf of entry flooring in 2 cabins, each a large, open room with laminate flooring. Bad laminate had to be removed, sub-flooring fixed, then some kind of flooring replaced where the laminate had been in that small area. So Mike removed, repaired rotted sub-floor beneath laminate flooring in two cabins, then replaced the laminate with a new tile entry way into each of the cabins. He also designed attractive transitions between the new tile entry way and the remaining old flooring.

Work Completed On 06/02/2014

08/12/2013

James P.

The wall in the living room is just like it was brand new. The kitchen floor was repaired, and the linoleum was replaced with tile. It looks like a new kitchen! When I first contacted Mike, I told him my wife had recently died and I was looking to have some repairs done. I also told him I had gotten his name off of Angie`s List, and that I was looking for someone who wouldn`t take advantage of me. He gave me an estimate. The work was completed under budget and he refunded me the difference. He paid great attention to detail, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
They repaired water and termite damage in my living room and kitchen.

Work Completed On 08/10/2013

04/01/2013

Patricia C.

My husband is in a wheelchair and we needed doorways widened in our house. Mike's estimate was very fair and he performed the work in a very professional and timely manner. He told me how long it would take, and he finished on time and the estimate was exactly what he charged. We also had him estimate a new deck with ramp to the yard. His estimate was very fair; and, again, he perfomed excellent, professional work and finished exactly on time. We are very pleased with his work and professional attitude and plan on having him do other projects in the future.

Description of Work
Bedroom and bathroom doorways needed to be widened to allow wheelchair access. Wanted old deck replaced with new, larger deck including a wheelchair ramp to the yard.

Work Completed On 03/04/2013