Staley Technologies

Founded 1951 • With Angi since August 2011

3904 Kelley Ave Ste A

Springdale, AR 72762

*We Have a Proud 50 Year History of Serving Our Customers with World Class Support of Their Detroit Diesel and Allison Equipped Products. *It is Our Goal to Maintain a Leadership Role in the Application of Leading Edge Technology in Transportation, Energy, Agriculture and Power Generation. In

06/05/2017

Juanita W.

Teddy and Dustin arrived 10 minutes early. After I showed them what I needed done, they divided the tasks between them and the work went right along. They were very respectful of both my daughter and me and our property. When they were finished, they cleaned up after themselves right down to vacuuming up where they had walked. Plus -- the next day, Teddy brought us the warranty information on the security lights that we had missed. This is the fourth time I've used Staley and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I've always been completely satisfied.

Description of Work
A breaker needed to be replaced Two security lights replaced 3-way switch changed Hall lights switches changed

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

12/12/2016

Amelia V.

Very friendly and professional. Much more reasonably priced than other electricians I have contacted.

Description of Work
Grounding breaker box

12/06/2016

Emily D.

Outstanding! Teddy was very responsive, professional, friendly, and speedy. Will absolutely call again the next time I am in need of some electrical work.

Description of Work
Disposal and ceiling fan not working - disposal ended up needing a new receptacle and a switch and ceiling fan that had went out (which Teddy did the same day after I ran to home depot and bought a replacement fan).

Category electrician, ceiling fans

11/15/2016

Amy L.

Very quick and stress free... and the very next day, I found another problem and he came back first thing in the morning to take care of it. I will definitely hire again, when I need electrician service.

Description of Work
I needed electrical work done.

03/18/2016

rebecca C.

As we've experienced in the past, our dealings with Staley exceeded our expectations. We last used Staley 2 years ago, and it was a delight to find that they were just as responsive, helpful, and professional as before. It is sometimes difficult to find contractors of any type who are willing to do small residential jobs.....but not Staley, they seem genuinely happy to get our business. We have found that even the smallest job gets prompt attention. Again, I used Staley to work on some issues at my 90 yr old mother's home. The electrical problems we were having were ones that impacted her overall safety. When I contacted Staley, they set up an appointment for my convenience. The technician arrived exactly on time, and immediately went to work. He consulted us about suggested improvements; and was able to give us costs on the spot. I especially appreciated the kindness and courtesy the technician showed my mother. To top it all off, we received an handwritten thank you note for giving them our business.

Description of Work
Replaced and upgraded outside light with electric eye; and repaired an indoor small florescent utility light.

03/18/2016

Robert H.

Dustin was very professional, courteous, and worked efficiently to solve our problem of not getting electric to a switch we wanted to work. He then changed out the switch and traced the electric line to where we were hoping it went to. Mystery solved!

Description of Work
Checked breakers to pool pump house that was not getting electric, restored the electric, changed switch, and traced electric line to a pool light that has not worked since we have owned the home.

11/12/2015

Michael M.

Curtis and Dustin were extremely professional, courteous and worked extremely hard in doing what was necessary to restore power to my outdoor lighting and one bedroom wall. This entailed hand digging as well as cutting through tree roots and splicing the cut wires and placing in a buried auction box. After completing the work the lights still would not work, so they stayed until after dark until they discovered the problem was in the original inside wiring by the electric contractor that did the initial installation. I was very pleased at every aspect of their performance and would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
I had a buried power line running from my house to outdoor lights. This line was pushed to the surface by tree roots and cut in half by a lawn mower leaving me without outdoor flood lights or power to one wall in my bedroom. Curtis and Dustin spent almost 5 hours splicing and reburying a portion of the power line, replacing an outdoor outlet and repairing the wiring leading to it and correcting wiring that was not done correctly by the original electric contractor.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

There is nothing fun about hand digging in Arkansas rocks but we do what it takes to complete the job at hand. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide our services to you and your family.

07/09/2015

Elizabeth F.

We had this service done about 15 years ago on a different house in a different state after getting hit by lightning. The surge protectors have gone up in cost, but well worth it when you factor in what it costs to replace a television, satellite box, pump in Jacuzzi and fix upstairs electrical outlets. I called around and Staley seemed very knowledgeable and professional. The two protectors were around $650 and then the cost of labor. He completed the job in less than an hour. I would highly recommend this company for any electrical needs.

Description of Work
The electrician installed two house surge protectors, one for each panel box.

Category electrician

Thank you for allowing us to provide you with our services. The Surge Suppression Incorporated units we installed in your home comes with a 25 year warranty; which is the best I've seen. Your warranty activation forms and a copy of the warranty are awaiting you in your inbox. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you on other electrical service needs.

05/19/2015

Carlotta A.

Jeremy is always punctual and very friendly and courteous. He assessed what we had done in the past and changed out the light switch on the ceiling fan.

Description of Work
Changed out switch on cantankerous ceiling fixture.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for your continued use of our services. Repeat customers are a good sign we are taking care of our customers and we are grateful to have you as a customer.

04/06/2015

Joshua D.

This was only an estimate, I ended up making the the repairs myself. Bob's quote was by far the best and only slightly more than my cost of materials.

Description of Work
Correct items found during buyer's inspection. Replace faulty circuit breaker and bond electrical panel chassis to ground

Category electrician

We are glad to know you were able to address the electrical inspection needs. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide pricing and please keep us in mind if you have future needs.

03/26/2015

Bekki B.

The house was built around 1980 and a few years ago we began noticing several different electrical outlets throughout the home would spark a little when plugging something in, so we decided to have every outlet examined and it was found that the majority of the wiring was "stabbed" into place rather than correctly "wrapped" and secured/grounded. In addition, it was discovered that the kitchen's sink disposer and under cabinet dishwasher were not wired to code as the wires to the disposer switch were exposed (open air) with no protective conduit! Since we were going all out with electrical fixes, we had the electricians add new lighting above dining table and switch out our bathroom's old ventilation with a new energy efficient model that also included a heater. Lastly, the kitchen and bathroom needed to be brought up to code with the installation of GFI feature which was done at the main electrical box instead of having to replace the sockets directly in the kitchen and bathroom! The guys worked efficiently and got the job done in a timely manner. Not only are we more comfortable with the knowledge that our electrical wiring is secure and appropriately grounded throughout the house, but our favorite feature is the new dining table lights that brighten the open room and give better definition to the space!

Description of Work
Checked all existing electrical outlets throughout house to ensure wiring was efficiently anchored and grounded, created brand new lighting above dining table that was previously not there, changed out old bathroom ventilation fan with more efficient model, brought kitchen and bathroom up to code by installing GFI feature at main electrical box in basement (cost-saving).

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for your review. We are grateful for you allowing us to provide our services and to earn your business. The "stabbing" of receptacles is common in homes. The method allows the electrical conductors to back-out of the connection; which can cause heat build up. Over time this can lead to outages, damaged receptacles and possible fire hazards. We are glad that you made an appointment to ensure your home is safe from these possible issues. We look forward to hearing from you again as needs arise.

01/14/2015

Carlotta A.

Jeremy is always the best. Very punctual and friendly. Removed old fan and assembled and installed new one. Always courteous and friendly. Thanks for another job well done.

Description of Work
Assembled and installed ceiling fan.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for continuing to give us opportunities to provide our services to you. All customers are important to us but repeat customers tell us we are taking care of business. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

12/26/2014

Tina H.

Prompt response time (on Christmas Eve)! Brandon was here on time, very courteous and completed install in less than an hour. I would recommend Staley, Inc.

Description of Work
Installed outlet.

Category electrician

We are glad we were able to help you on short notice and hope to hear from you again when you build your home. Welcome to NWA!

11/14/2014

Terri T.

Job went well. Bob was a great contact person and came out to do an estimate very quickly. He had an estimate to me that same day. Job was scheduled for Thursday. Tech came on Thursday morning and had all work completed in a few hours. All work was excellent and looked great! Bob contacted me to make sure we were satisfied with all work. He was very professional and accommodating and I would highly recommend Staley Technologies for any electrical work!

Description of Work
Replaced fuse box with breaker, installed outside receptacle and LED floodlights. Recessed outlet for dryer.

Category electrician, lighting, phone repair

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. We appreciate the kind review and look forward to having a chance to work with you again.

09/03/2014

Steven G.

Bob Davis and J Wilson responded quickly and did a high quality and professional job. They worked efficiently. My wife was home and they treated her with kindness and respect. Their prices were reasonable and fair for the work performed. I will definitely call these guys again!

Description of Work
Installed circuit breaker for HVAC in older home. New line and three prong outlet install. Installed exhaust fan and wiring in bathroom.

Category electrician

Thank you Mr. [member name removed] for the great review. We strive to provide the quality workmanship and stewardship that our customers deserve. Please don't hesitate to contact us again and thank you so much for your trust and business. Bridgette Smith Staley Electric Service Dept. Manager 501-978-3857 direct

08/15/2014

Donna C.

Bob was professional and prompt. Dealt with my 19 & 22 year old son's as adults. Fixed the the problem and took a credit card over the phone. If you need a electrician in Fayetteville, AR area - I couldn't recommend Stayley Tech any higher. Great Job!!!

Description of Work
Bob was at the house within 2 hours and we were back with power on within 3 from my initial call. We had a breaker go bad at the meter -

Category electrician

We are glad we were able to get your power restored and air conditioning blowing cold! It was a pleasure meeting you sons and welcome them to Razorback land - Go Hogs. Glad to know you made it home safe. Please let us know if we can help in any other way.

08/07/2014

qiuqiong H.

Jeremy came on time, get to work right away. He explained to us what's wrong.and worked quietly to finish all the jobs listed. He completed everything in a short time. We are very happy with his work and will definitely use the company again.

Description of Work
A series of jobs the inspector listed: Fixed non responsive ceiling patio fan and light, Checked non-responive ceiling fan in living room, Fixed warbling ceiling fan in kitchen and master bed, figured out why no electricity in outlets in master bath, Put cover plate on open electrical junction box in attic, secured several can lights, did double-grounding for a circuit breaker.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for your business. We are grateful for the opportunity to earn your review and look forward to working for you again as needs arise.

08/04/2014

Andy H.

We never leave bad reviews like this. But isn't it bad enough that we have to fight with our homeowner's insurance company just to get what we were owed for our house that burned down, much less get treated this way by an Angie's List contractor? This quote is way, way overpriced - or Staley has some of the slowest electricians in North West Arkansas. According to Bob's quote, Staley charges $65 per hour. So when he gave us individual quotes for each job, it was easy to figure out how many hours he was allotting for each job. Here is their quote: 1. "Install a 6-15 receptacle on a 20 amp circuit in the corner of the garage to power kiln. $821.03" That works out to 12 hours of labor. 2. "Extend existing circuit in garage to water conditioning system and tankless water heater. $1,017.54" Note: All they had to do here, was extend an existing circuit about 10" across the inside wall of the garage. Bob told me they may even run the extension on the outside of the wall - not in the wall. That works out to 15 hours of labor. 3. "Add light switch in master bedroom and install owner provided lights. $628.94" That works out to 9 hours of labor. 4. "Relocate power and cable for TV in living room. $721.59" Note: This is an open cavernous wall - no drywall to work around - where all they had to do was extend the cable and electrical wire about 10' from one end of the open wall to the other. No wire fishing is necessary - everything is open and available. That works out to 11 hours of labor. 5. "Install a dedicated circuit to the garden shed. Pricing include opening and backfill of approximately 190? of ditch. Staley Technologies will install one weather proof GFCI receptacle on the outside of the shed, one receptacle, one switch and two 4? florescent strip lights in the shed. $4,969.40" Note: Folks this is just digging a ditch with a Ditchwitch laying conduit and installing two outlets, a switch, and a couple of lights. That works out to over 70 hours of labor. 6. "Install one dedicated 30 amp 250 volt circuit to the outside unit for the proposed HVAC equipment. $872.77" That works out to 13 hours of labor. 7. "Install a new two gang opening in the master bathroom and split the fan controls for a ceiling fan and for ventilation fan off of the light controls. $667.08" Note: that's rewiring two switches and adding two more within 1' of each other on the same wall. That works out to 10 hours of labor. 8. "Add a duplex receptacle in the master closet. This receptacle is to be feed from an existing receptacle on the other side of the wall. $403.85" Note: This is nothing more than adding an outlet to an existing outlet 1' foot away on the reverse side of the wall. That works out to 6 hours of labor. Folks, my wife who enjoys handyman work around the house, could install and wire a new outlet on the opposite side of a wall from another existing outlet in an hour or less. Why in the world would it take trained electricians 6 hours to complete the same job? d.Very disappointe

Description of Work
Bob Smith, Regional Manager gave us a quote for eight different electrical jobs for a new home we just purchased after losing our previous home to a fire.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Please know that the quote includes more than just labor. Materials, expenses, and permit are some of the items beyond labor that are included in the pricing. Nonetheless, we do appreciate the opportunity you gave us to provide pricing and we appreciate your feedback. We will use the feedback to improve our customer service and communication as it appears we failed to relay all needed information to justify our pricing. We hope your new beginning in NWA is blessed.

06/26/2014

Mike M.

On time. Courteous. Reasonably priced. Not much else you could ask for. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Repaired ceiling light fixtures. Replaced gfi outlets.

Category electrician, lighting

We are happy we were able to resolve your electrical problems. Please contact us any time you have electrical service needs and we will respond as quickly as possible.

06/19/2014

Rodger D.

When we needed new bathroom light fixtures replaced and new ceiling fans installed we called Staley, Inc in the AM and they came that afternoon. They were very professional, had all of the necessary tools, cleaned up after them selves. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed 4 light fixtures and 3 ceiling fans plus repair a three way switch.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for the review and for allowing us to provide our services to you and your family. We look forward to hearing from you again and we promise to provide the best customer service possible.

06/10/2014

Susan R.

I contacted the company via Angie's List and they responded immediately and set up an appointment for 8 a.m. the following morning. Jeremy was prompt, friendly (but not chatty), professional. He asked questions when he needed to and otherwise worked efficiently to solve the problems we had told him about. We were impressed with his work. He took pictures of our breaker box so they can give us an estimate on updating it.

Description of Work
Repaired a breaker switch, a light socket, checked a light fixture and switch and suggested we get a new fixture.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the review. Efficient and effective work habits are focus points for all of our technicians.We will be in touch with you on the quote ASAP. Thank you again for allowing us to provide our service to your family.

06/10/2014

Shannon F.

I would require a walk through and written estimate before any work. We had a lot of work completed however I feel the two technicians stretched out the work. I have not hired them to come back for additional work because of this. Also, one of the technicians was a heavy smoker -if you are sensitive to smoke you need to be aware of the lingering smell of smoke in your home.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fans, changed outlets and switches, and installed recessed lighting

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

We are incredibly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our services. Should you decide to give us another chance we will strive to exceed your expectations.

04/30/2014

David D.

Outstanding from start to finish...even picked up the light for me. Even got a 'Thank You" note in the mail. Handwritten. Customer Service is not dead and these folks prove it.

Description of Work
Installed a closet light and wall switch

Category electrician

We know we are not the only service provider in the area. That is one reason we strive to provide the best customer service, timely response and a fair price to every one of our customers. Please contact us if you have any more electrical service needs, and please do share our contact information with your friends and family. We look forward to hearing from you.

04/29/2014

Leslie N.

We were thrilled with their work. They were very professional and knowledgeable. We plan to use them again and would recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed 6 new light fixtures and installed new light switches and ceiling fan controls thoughout the entire house.

Category electrician

Thank you for allowing us into your home and trusting us to do your electrical service work. We will be waiting to hear from you again as any new need arises.

03/27/2014

Andy H.

Bob Smith and his team are absolutely the best contractor we have used so far! Fast and courteous on the phone, he recognized the urgency of our appointment (we only had ten working days to get all of the inspections done for the real estate contract) and he was there within a day. Bob's estimate is thorough, very professional and unbiased. His inspection was top-notch and covered all aspects needed (and then some). Without question, Bob has earned our future business.

Description of Work
We are in the process of purchasing a home in Springdale, AR and as such we needed an electrical inspection and estimate for items that needed work as determined by our home inspector.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review and your kind words. We challenge every level of our team to provide the best customer service possible each and every day. Being timely and thorough are two basic components of good customer service and we are happy we meet your expectations. Welcome to NWA, we look forward to working with you again.