Royal Windows & Siding

Founded 1986 • With Angi since September 2006

4.4

129 Cranberry Trl

Royal, AR 71968

Royal Windows and Siding has made a commitment to excellence with award winning service, higher standards, and an honest effort to get you the most value for your money. You will never second guess yourself for choosing Royal Windows and Siding. As your exterior home improvement experts, we offer

11/24/2015

karen K.

I called for an estimate and an agent visited my property within a couple of days. I asked him to email me the quote and he asked when my husband would be around to revisit and discuss the quote. He wouldt relinquish the quote without a revisit with my husband and his manager present. I immediately felt as though someone was going to pressure us into a time share condiminium. I reluctantly agreed and set up an appointment the following Monday. When I didnt receive an email or phone call, I called and asked for a supervisor. The manager called me back and was very demeaning and told me it was company policy that the husband be present and I suggested that they may revisit that policy. I told him I was capable of making the decision and that my husband was very busy. He replied with a rude comment and I quickly closed the conversation and asked him to simply email me the quote. The reason for calling Royal Window was because I heard a commercial advertisement that they were offering a $2,000 discount and a $400 Visa gift card for metal roofs. I asked about the discount and he confirmed this was correct. When I received the email, the following is exactly what he emailed me: $11,200 for the metal including the two skylights ? without would be $10,400 $9100 for the architectural Thanks for your time I was expecting a formal quote with breakdown / explanation of work. And for the record, I was quoted $6500 and $8500 for the exact same roof by two other roofers using the same metal supplier during peak season after the hail storms. The salesman told me they could offer deep discounts because of the time of year and they wanted to keep their guys working. I would hope that customers shop their contractors. After all this disappointment, I looked the company up on the better business bureau, and they had 8 complaints, and several of these were advertisement. Not only do they show a lack of professionalism, they are 30-40% higher than their counterparts. DO NOT RECOMMEND. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! My insurance company USAA (best insurance around) estimate for a shingle roof is half the price of what they are offering.

03/16/2015

Gloria M.

They did a good job. They were quick and professional. They didn't tell me they were coming, they just showed up one day. After we made the deal, I was expecting them two weeks from the day they showed up. It wasn't a bad thing but they did inconvenience us.

Description of Work
They put on a metal roof.

11/10/2014

Betty E.

Everything went well. The installers did a good job, they arrived on time, and they did a good job of cleaning up after themselves.

Description of Work
They installed thirteen new windows.

10/09/2014

Kelli W.

Initial communication makes a very strong impression on how clients will be treated by a company. They were very unimpressive.

Description of Work
I emailed Royal to set up an estimate for siding. When they called to make the appointment, after the basic questions about the type and ownership of our home, I was asked if we had ever had a bankruptcy. She questioned whether I was married or not, and whether or not we had a time when BOTH of us would be here. Even though I initially accepted a 2pm appt. for the next day with Jack B, I called back to cancel. I told her that I thought it was totally inappropriate to ask about bankruptcy and my marital status in our initial call, and that I was already offended and would not be doing business with their company. I did not plan to use financing, and all she wanted to know was just how far they could jack up the estimate, especially if I was a single (dumb) woman, without a man to defend me.

Category siding

We regret the way the consumer feels. The questions asked are in no way an indicator of any potential price, but rather to help us prepare as much as possible for the site assessment. Most consumers appreciate our helping them better understand their credit status and credit options. We have nearly 20,000 households that have trusted Royal with their project and are appreciative of our business model. While many consumers fully intend to use cash for their project, they also appreciate knowing their options. All pricing is determined based on the actual project requirements.

10/06/2014

Walter K.

Sales / Estimate provider Jack J. came out to provide an estimate. First, he was punctual and on-time. That was not the issue. The issue instead was first that he never asked me what I wanted before he started estimating. As a result, he measured every window in the house practically to get me an estimate, and quoted around $6400 to replace all the windows. However, Jack never took the time to figure out what I really wanted, to make me happy, and just wanted to push his energy efficient windows Royal Windows sold. I want options, not pressuring. When I told him no thanks as the estimate I felt was exorbitantly high for my budget, he commented rudely back that when I want [Royal Window] to replace whatever is replaced later, to give him a call. Sorry, this is my house, not your house Jack. If I want less energy efficient windows, that is my right. I never had anyone tell me in any estimate before today a smirk comeback like this from any person estimating, even from the roofing estimates that were high in my opinion. Royal Window lost a customer, not because of the estimate, but because of the estimator's attitude. I countermanded that I will research windows in my own way, to which he replied let me show you something if you have time, and I did so I allowed him to show me. I appreciated the information he provided, however, he never ensured my needs were met in the first place so I just was trying to be kind to him. If this is representative of your company, then I am appalled and will never do business with this company even if the windows were the most energy efficient windows in the world. I never do business with pushy sales people, or when I do make exceptions, I provide exact details that are to be followed perfectly. Royal Windows, you are now in this category thanks to my first impression.

Description of Work
Provide an estimate

Category roofing, replacement windows

09/25/2014

Rebecca O.

They provided an excellent service. I was so concerned about replacing windows – I’ve never done this before – and I wasn’t sure if I was going to need a carpenter or a painter out afterwards and they assured me that I wouldn’t. A team of three men came out, they replaced all the windows very efficiently. They caulked all around it, they even vacuumed inside the house by the windows where a little bit of debris had collected during the installation. When they left you would never know they had even came. We didn’t even have to touch up paint or anything on the inside or the outside. They were just absolutely perfect. They were very professional. I have recommended them.

Description of Work
We used Royal Windows to replace all the exterior windows, eight windows, in our house.

05/13/2014

Rebecca O.

The installers were several hours late and only able to install 2 windows on the date set for installation. As a result, they had to return the next morning to finish the other 6 windows. The two men, Keith and Chester, were very polite and professional. They were fast workers and the finished work was perfection. They cleaned up after themselves as each window was installed. They put my blinds and curtains back up and even used longer screws on the curtain rods making the curtains sturdier than before! Keith was very apologetic about being late. I feel the person who sets their schedules does not take in account any probable problems and schedules to many jobs in a day. I did feel like they were always rushing to please this person. However it did not show up in their work, like I said I am very pleased with my new windows and the workmanship during installation. Hats of to Keith and Chester!

Description of Work
Replaced all 8 windows in our home.

04/11/2014

Richard S.

First we received an estimate for the windows, but the salesman never brought us our and quot;FREE PIZZAand quot;. Not a big deal overall with the pizza. Made the decision a few weeks later to use Royal Windows and Siding after getting several estimates. We were told that it would be approximately 3 weeks before the windows were installed. Almost exactly 3 weeks later the installers were here and got started right away with taking the old windows out. Most of the windows went in fairly quickly. We did have a few issues with wires that were cut mistakenly and a piece of trim that was damaged. Royal Windows and Siding did pay for the wire to be fixed by an electrician and made things right. Since we made the choice to finance the windows, once this set is paid for we will be using Royal Windows and Siding to replace a few more windows in our sun room. Overall I think they did a good job.

Description of Work
Installed new windows and a door.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

01/10/2014

sam W.

I called to request a free quote as the company advertises. They took all my information and asked about what i was looking to replace. I only needed one window replaced. The receptionist immediately said that my job was to small and they wouldn't come out to quote or replace it. She said to call Lowe's or a smaller contractor.

Category replacement windows

A review of our internal data confirms that we did speak to [member name removed]. Our records indicate he expressed a need to have the glass in a window replaced. We do not repair windows manufactured by a third party and explained we were unable to assist in his repair.

10/07/2013

Gerri A.

Windows salesman was very friendly and knowledegable - no pressure. Installer came out following day to measure; windows were installed one week later. Windows are great quality; workers were efficient and friendly. Price was a little more than we expected, but the quality is excellent. We replaced a total of 12 windows for a total of just under $6,000. We were promised a and quot;free dinner for twoand quot; - still have not received that. Otherwise, experience was great and would recommend.

Description of Work
We replaced 12 windows.

09/26/2013

Carol A.

I went back on angies list and found Freeman's Roofing and was so happy with there work and got the roof for way less than royal oak would of given me

Description of Work
I was quoted almost $20,000 for a roof and windows.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Royal Windows & Siding takes great care to estimate each project individually based on site conditions and customer needs. In this case, the roofing estimate included a full tear off to the decking, replacement of a significant amount of decking, installation of synthetic roofing felt, ice and water shield, and CertainTeed Landmark 30 year shingles with a LIFETIME warranty. It also included replacing all roof multi-fits and ventilation system. When combined, the roofing components we proposed are rated at 130 mph. We are pleased the homeowner was able to have their roofing need met, but are always cautious about comparing "blind" bids. As we often tell our customers, what you do not know will cost you money! Our bid process includes a detailed, line item estimate and detail on each product in our roofing system.

07/08/2013

Kaye W.

Hard sell. Called on phone for reinforcement, more hard selling fromsomeone in the office. Had a small condo with not that many windows. Said a $25 gift card with appointment. It never happened.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate.

Category replacement windows

Royal Widows & Siding has always taken great pride in providing an education based experience. Our factory trained sales staff spends a great deal of time and energy assessing project needs and educating the property owner on how best to meet those needs. We regret that the property owner felt like this process is a hard sell approach. Rather than provide a generic price, we take the time to custom craft a solution to each situation. This detailed process can seem like overkill perhaps, but is required in order for us to best match product and need in each unique situation. All gift cards are issued from our corporate office and never left at the time of the assessment. We work diligently to avoid putting our sales team in an awkward situation by asking them to carry cash or cash equivalents on our behalf. The gift card was issued from our office per standard procedure.

06/17/2013

bob A.

they stood me up on an appointment

Description of Work
nothing, I emailed them, the contacted be back and made an appointment to meet with me and give me an estimate, but didn't show up, nor contact me an any way subsequent to the no show.

Category replacement windows

We agree on all counts. Our customer service department made a software platform change in late May that did not proceed as smoothly as planned. This appointment was one of a handful during about a three day period that "disappeared" from our scheduling software.The blame for not catching this issue is entirely our fault. Regardless of the reason, (Member name removed) did set an appointment and was not visited. Every potential customer deserves more respect than that and (Member name removed) deserves an apology. Our company president has attempted to reach (Member name removed) to make that personal apology. We remain committed to excellence in customer service and will continue to make improvements to that end.

06/06/2013

Andrew J.

Initial interaction was okay but then they decided to call me on Sunday to see if I could move my appointment time from Tuesday to Monday morning. They never came out, they were supposed to come out on Tuesday, they called me this Sunday before and ruined my dinner and wanted to reschedule their appointment, their office isn't even open on Sunday but they wanted to reschedule the appointment on Monday instead of Tuesday. One, I didn't appreciate the phone call on a Sunday. Two, the first person I talked to is kind of rude, the second person I talked was even ruder so I told them I already had somebody else. I just talked to them on the phone and I had called them to set up an appointment

Description of Work
I was supposed to get a quote from Royal Windows & Siding but I chose not to. It was for window replacement.

Category replacement windows

We regret creating an inconvenience for [removed member name]. Our customer service office is open on Sunday and was making an attempt to shift the appointment to a better time. At no time were we ever informed that the call was an inconvenience or disruption.

04/26/2013

DONNA J.

THEY ARRIVED FROM ROYAL, AR WITH 2 VEHICLES, PLENTY OF WORKERS and SET ABOUT REMOVING THE OLD WINDOWS, MODIFYING SOME OF THE OPENINGS and INSTALLING THE VINYL DOUBLE PANED WINDOWS. THEY CHATTED AS THEY WENT and EXPLAINED WHAT THEY WERE DOING. THEY WERE OPEN TO MY INPUT and DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO PLEASE US. WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH OUR WINDOWS and THEY MAKE THE HOUSE LOOK MORE UPDATED THAN ALUMINUM FRAMED WINDOWS WITH STORM WINDOWS ON THE OUTSIDE. THEY ARE MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY TOO! GREAT COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH.OF FLOORS

Description of Work
ROYAL CAME BY & GAVE US AN ESTIMATE, OFFERED FINANCING ( WHICH WE DECLINED) AND WE HIRED THEM TO REPLACE EVERY SINGLE WINDOW IN OUR 1964 RANCH STYLE BRICK HOME. WE HAD THEM MODIFY THE 8' X 7' PICTURE WINDOW TO 7' X 4' AND THEY BUILT THE ENCLOSURE & SIDED THE OUTSIDE WITH A BISCUIT COLORED VINYL SIDING. WE HAD THEM MODIFY THE HUGE WINDOW IN THE KITCHEN 7' X 4' TO HOUSE ONE SOLID WINDOW, LIKE THE LIVINGROOM THAT NO LONGER OPENED, TO MAINTAIN CONTINUITY OF DESIGN. OUR BATHROOM HAD BEEN REMODELED WHEN WE BOUGHT THE HOUSE IN 1993 & THE BATHROOM WINDOW WAS STILL IN THE WALL BUT COVERED INSIDE BY THE SHOWER SURROUND. THEY ENCLOSED IT FROM THE OUTSIDE & COVERED THAT WITH THE SAME VINYL SIDING. IT WAS VERY HOT, THE GUYS WERE PLEASANT, WORKED STEADILY & IT TOOK THEM ALL OF ONE DAY TO FIT & MODIFY THE HOME.

04/22/2013

Doris B.

Everything was wonderful! I was amazed by the quality of work. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Removed old and installed new windows.

04/10/2013

Thetta A.

I did not have very good suggestions from other people. The quote was close to $6000. The sales man was good to talk to and that was the only experience that I had with them. Overall he was very nice. I would use him in the future if his price is right.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Royal Windows & Siding to replace the windows.

04/08/2013

Glenda F.

They were very prompt--they were here at 7 am to start working, as promised. Two men worked, almost without breaks, to complete the task. They cleaned up debris as they worked, which impressed me. They were very professional and courteous behavior from both men. We plan to use them again to replace some additional windows.

Description of Work
They removed and replaced 9 windows and two sliding glass doors. One of the windows is a palladian window, and is quite large.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

04/03/2013

william L.

Their product was installed within three weeks of their sales man coming to our house. The salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful with our questions. He talked us through each step of the installation. The installers were very nice and professional and got our opinion throughout the install. We are very pleased with the service they provided. We love our new windows!

Description of Work
They installed 15 windows and a back door on a double wide mobile home we purchased. They took our old windows and door out and installed new ones.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thanks for trusting Royal Windows & Siding with your project! We know you and your family will enjoy this update for many years to come.

04/03/2013

Shannon R.

They were fabulous. They had a coupon for 40% off the siding but it had expired and they did honor it. The house looks good. They were very nice. They had to work with a lot of rain the week they came.

Description of Work
We used Royal Windows & Siding to do siding and windows. We have a 2-story house and they did the siding on the 2nd story and the windows all in the front.

03/23/2013

Jerry S.

Fantastic, owner installed the windows. very professional. I was completely satisfied with the finished product.

Description of Work
Installed new windows

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

margaret S.

The service turned out okay. I wanted French doors and he talked me in to sliding glass doors. I wish I would have gotten French doors. The sliding screen door has had a locking issue as well and that has not been very convenient. I called them and they came out and replaced it. They sent a bill for re-screening the door as we had to cut it to get in. They have not called back after I complained about the bill. The windows work fine. The price was less than anyone else had quoted.

Description of Work
They installed windows and doors in my home. They put in two windows where there were no windows before and they enlarged windows as well.

Category screen repair, replacement windows, doors

Clay H.

The service was good, they were nice people to work with. They were easy to work with. One of the windows is leaking and it may not be their fault but it might be at the same time. We had some soffit and fascia installed by another company and when they installed an upstairs window they cut a hole in the soffit and they did not fill it in.

Description of Work
They installed windows.

margaret S.

The gutters turned out fine. They did what they were supposed to do. They were on time and did the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
They installed new gutters.

Category gutter repair

Spencer S.

It turned out great. I was not pleased with the way they treated my referrals however. The work they did on my home was great. I referred people to this company and their customer service representatives were not as great to them. I had to clean up after the vinyl siding crew and that is why I gave a C for professionalism.

Description of Work
They put in all new windows and put in vinyl siding as well.