R & R Custom Contractors

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2010

2410 South 8th Street Suite B

Rogers, AR 72758

R & R Custom Contractors is a locally owned and operated general contractor in NWA. We offer services for most all of your home improvement projects - from bathrooms and kitchens to whole home remodels. Let us help you to perfect the home you already love!

04/20/2020

Lindsay T.

These people (R&R) are terrible. Installed a crappy shower and did a horrible job. Guy they sent out only worked for them maybe 3 days. Didn’t even seal in the glass. Water was coming out everywhere. They came out about 3 more times just resealing everything. Shower continued to leak. Then they came out and tried to reset the glass. They didn’t do that correctly and shower door made of glass almost hit my 2 year old. Still had problems. They came out another 3 times not doing anything really but reseal and reseal. Asked them if they could start over and they said yes but we had to pay for their mistakes and purchase new shower plus labor. Was going to do that but, I guess I hurt the owners daughters feeling when we were going to start project and told her how mad and frustrated I was. She never called me back. Year later and we are starting all over again with different company, man brings me in to see the PROFANITIES that they wrote on my concrete! How unprofessional is that? Water damage everywhere from all the leaking that NEVER got fixed. Have no clue how they get an A rating from angies list. Buyer beware. No wonder Hone Depot dropped them. This company is terrible.

Description of Work
Shower Remodel

Category garage builders, home remodeling

07/21/2017

Melanie T.

It went great! After a few phone calls back and forth, the secretary, whose name is Precious, got an appointment set up. She was an awesome lady to work with. Today, the crew came and did the job. They were not told that we needed an orange peel finish on the ceiling, which we requested when we got the estimate from Ronnie, the owner. One of the guys, Chad, who was very professional and worked hard, agreed to do it. The other two guys were really nice. They did a little extra to make sure our ceiling fan would be centered, and I appreciated that very much. It was supposed to be a three day process to allow for drying, but since it was so hot, everything dried in record time. Our ceiling project was done in a day. It looks really good! Thank you, R & R!

Description of Work
Drywall ceiling installation

Category drywall

It was a pleasure working with you [Member Name Removed] and we are glad we were able to provide high quality service to exceed your renovation expectations!

05/17/2017

Robert H.

This is the second time we used R & R . Worked with project manager Ronnie. He came to the house to see the projects. He then coordinated his crew and sent Chad to repair the holes in the drywall and had his roof guy, Isaac, to access the situation on the roof to repair the leaks. Very timely and great follow through. Craftsmen are great, they are reliable, professional, and reliable! All involved were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
We needed old intercom speaker holes in drywall repaired and we needed a cricket put on our chimney as a roof repair along with singles replaced around it and skylights as a roof repair.

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing

03/02/2017

Lawrence T.

These guys know their stuff. Their subcontractors (mostly) are pros and speak highly of R&R. High praise, indeed. I found both Ronnie and Marvin easy to work with and responsive to my many questions, without being condescending. My rating of "Fair" on punctuality in no way reflects on the quality of work or my satisfaction with the job. Patience is not one of my virtues.

Description of Work
Built a detached garage and poured a new driveway.

Category contractors, concrete repair, concrete driveways, electrician, lighting, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, garage builders, doors

11/21/2015

Gary J.

It went very well. They were friendly, professional, proud of their work and absolutely did not mind answering our millions of questions. They cleaned up after themselves and did not leave a mess (wish our children would follow suit). The bathroom subfloor had water damage due to cracked tile and they realized the original contractor had used the wrong type of flooring. They corrected that, replaced the tile, added more support in the basement and basically made our previously ugly bathroom pretty again. We plan on remodeling the entire home and will be using them.

Description of Work
Pretty much gutted the guest bath, replaced tile, subfloor, shore up basement joints, painted, etc.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

11/20/2015

Seth M.

I called R&R to get an estimate for mold remediation. Ronnie gave us his honest opinion, which turned out to be good news for us. The condition of the spot where I thought mold to be growing wasn't as bad as expected. I appreciate that R&R didn't try to create work where it wasn't yet needed. He gave us instructions on how to monitor the area, and if the condition worsens, I will certainly call R&R back for remediation.

Description of Work
Ronnie gave us an estimate for mold remediation.

Category remodeling, mold removal

02/24/2015

Melanie N.

We decided not to have the work done at this time.

Description of Work
They bid on a job for us--adding a bonus room above the garage. We have decided not to Perdue the projec at this time but would likely use them if we do in the future. The guys that came to do the estimate were friendly and knowledgable. They thought through a variety of scenarios to discuss. Their estimate was in the same ball park as others we got so we felt like their price was fair.

02/16/2015

Tammy G.

They have a very professional crew. Ronnie inspected and made sure everything they did was done right and that we were happy with the outcome. When they got into the job they found a beam that needed to be replaced that if we had left it alone would probably have fallen in on us at a later date. So thankful they found it and took care of it for us even though it wasn't part of the original bid. They were very respectful of our yard and house and cleaned everything up.

Description of Work
We hired R and R to enclose our covered patio. They installed windows, patio doors, tile, insulation, metal siding, built a new set of steps and installed a doggie door.

Category insulation, remodeling, replacement windows, doors, patios

01/11/2015

Vicki R.

They did a great job. Very professional. This was a large and difficult project and was handled very well. The final result was beautiful and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome when the job was completed.

Description of Work
Major remodel. They removed the roof over the garage of our house and rebuilt it creating an additional bedroom and large closet for the master bedroom. Master bathroom was also remodeled.

09/19/2014

Curtis H.

The weather was unusually cold during the first part of the work (April 2014) and that retarded the drying time of the drywall mud such that the popcorn peeled when the paint dried.. The owner came out and inspected thoroughly and identified problem areas that I had not noticed. They repaired and repainted everything in reasonable time. I give them an A++++++++.

Description of Work
Replaced water damaged garage ceiling drywall, applied popcorn coat to entire ceiling, painted same

Category drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters

06/25/2014

Jason L.

I spent about $4000. I would recommend them and I think they did a good job. My only problem was that I left an extension plug in that I plug my drill in and they mistakenly took my extension chord and it took a couple weeks to get that back.

Description of Work
I used R & R Custom Contractors in May to build a patio cover and attach it to my house.

Category patios

06/09/2014

James R.

It was a father and son crew. The father was obviously very knowledgeable and he was able to answer questions with patience when I asked questions.

Description of Work
We have them for exterior door replacement.

Category doors

05/09/2014

Jason L.

I first made a appointment for a estimate. He showed up right on time. When I informed them I wanted them to start I was told two weeks. They started in two weeks right on time. The project took just under a week and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Looks outstanding!

Description of Work
Covered my back patio area. Attaching the cover to my house.

Category garage builders, patios

04/15/2014

Marjorie B.

Starting on 4/22/13, R&R has 1) scraped the popcorn off all the ceilings in the house 2) replaced carpet in basement with tile 3) replaced main floor with hardwoods 3) painted all interior walls, 4) replaced the powder room door with a pocket door 5) updated the kitchen (closed off 2 doorways, moved & enlarged the pass-thru, removed soffits, replaced fluorescent lights with can lights, installed custom cabinets, ran gas line for cooktop) 6) replaced all interior doors 7) replaced bannister with knee wall 8) updated powder room and guest bath in basement. They're about to update the master bath (last room left). I'm very pleased with their work (which is why I keep using them). Their subs are polite and (for the most part) clean up after themselves. The work has been done to my satisfaction (cause I let them know when I'm not happy).

Description of Work
updated the interior of my house

03/25/2014

Melodie S.

In preparation for buying a home I wanted to know the condition of the roof. They were so prompt. They made an appt a few days in advance of the inspection. They showed up at appointed time and then telephoned me with their assessment.... Which included going up and inspecting details, photos, and overall potential for future integrity. There was no pressure to 'find' something or encourage me to spend. He was ver courteous and answered my questions about the house. And he refused to charge for the service which I was happy to pay for. I will definitely be calling on them again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Description of Work
Performed roofing inspection.

Category remodeling

We appreciate your recommendation and high review! We hope that we can help with your future remodeling needs! Thank you.

10/27/2013

Cathy B.

We were thrilled to find R&R Custom Contractors. They had several good reviews similar to the work we needed done. If you would like to work with folks who show up on time, work hard, respect your home and go the extra mile, then these are your guys. I'm not certain how many seams they repaired in total but there were at least 7 that ran the whole length of the double car garage and several shorter seams as well, settling and/or poor craftsmanship created the issue. With a job this large we really wanted to work with an outfit that had a crew to reduce the overall time involved. Ronnie's crew did a great job, take pride in their work and he even called back to give us some tips for painting the fresh seams so that they look good when complete. I have every confidence that we'll use them again. Of course our neighbors asked how our project turned out. I am pleased to recommend R&R to them or anyone who has a need of quality work.

Description of Work
Repaired several drywall seams between Sheetrock in garage

Category drywall

Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to working with you again and appreciate your business.

10/15/2013

Autumn C.

I was very pleased with the work R&R did. If you are doing a 203(k) loan, they are the perfect solution, as they know just how it works and are partnered with Wells Fargo. They were friendly and professional and did good work; I recommend them!

Description of Work
R&R performed a full remodel on my new home through an FHA 203(k) loan from Wells Fargo. They installed new floors, a new roof, vinyl siding, and appliances, and painted the deck.

Category flooring contractor, gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, home remodeling

Thank you very much for the review and recommendation! We appreciate getting to help you in remodeling your home and hope we can fulfill any needs you may have in the future. As always, we appreciate your business!

08/13/2013

Connie B.

The original subcontractors of R & R did not get the work done timely or do a good job. I contacted the owner and he came out and looked the job over. He agreed with me that the work was sub par. He brought in another subcontractor who fixed the original contractors work and was very professional at no additional charge. Overall I was pleased with the job. They stand behind their work. The only complaint I have is the length of time it took to get the job done right.

Description of Work
sheetrock on sunroom walls and ceiling

Category drywall, remodeling, sunrooms

07/17/2013

Veronica U.

They were very good. I would recommend them. They were very polite and courteous.

Description of Work
I had a mold problem under the house and I used R & R Custom Contractors to fix that. They also put a new gutter in front of our house.

Category gutter repair, mold removal

Thank you! We always strive to be polite, courteous, and above all else, please the customer! We appreciate your business and hope that was can assist you further in the future!

06/05/2013

Heidie W.

I think overall their people were genuine and honest. We did not have the best experience with them towards the end. The project started off well, but as it went on. There were mistakes, but they rectified them as they went along. Toward the end, little things that needed to be finished, I could not get them to come back promptly. The finished job was not as up to par as I would have liked. I would be hesitant to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used R & R Custom Contractors for remodeling.

04/03/2013

richard B.

Ronnie and Marvin were on time with all request and extremely responsive. The bid was $8K less than the next closest contractor. They were able to take our design and build what we wanted/envisioned, creating a spa-like retreat for my wife and I to enjoy.

Description of Work
R&R remodeled our 2 bedrooms last year, creating space for a full bath build out to create a master suite. R&R moved a toilet, built a glass shower, installed custom counters, and removed old plumbing lines and aluminum wiring (replacing with copper). They also gutted and re-built our laundry room and replaced wiring/plumbing.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

We appreciate your business and kind words! We have enjoyed working with you and hope that we can help with all of your future remodeling needs! Thank you!

03/28/2013

marion D.

They gave me an estimate of $ 5900. They were very prompt, very thorough and helpful. I am scheduled to use them for the actual work.

Description of Work
I used R & R Custom Contractors for an estimate on some construction work.

03/05/2013

Billy S.

Top quality work, very professional work ethic and very courteous.

Description of Work
They remodeled the interior of my sunroom, attached to the rear of my home. A new exterior door was installed and new beadboard panels were fastened on the interior ceiling and walls. The contractor finished all open panel seams with trim materials. They also trimmed-out all the windows and installed a ceiling fan/light. All waste and materials were loaded on a truck and hauled off. Truly very professional and timely.

Category contractors, electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors, sunrooms

Thank you! It was a pleasure working for you and we hope we can work for you again in the future.We appreciate your business.

02/04/2013

frances B.

My entire downstairs (approx. 1200 sq. ft) flooded with black water and was discovered late Christmas day. Ronnie and Marvin's crew showed up that evening and worked until 11:30 pm cleaning up the worse and sanitizing everything. All furniture that was damaged was removed and the rest stacked in the few dry spots that were available. They used heavy equipment for 3 days to remove the moisture and then have worked every day until 2/4/2013 to tear out and replace walls, molding, bathroom and carted off over 6 trailer loads of water damaged "stuff". Once construction was completed, all furniture was moved and everything was left spotless and even better than when they started. R and R has the correct certification to deal with the contamination from my "flood" plus I could trust them 100% to be in my house without my having to be there. They kept me informed of everything that they were doing as well as offered suggestions to try and save me money where they could (insurance co. would not pay). I am so impressed with R and R and would definitely recommend them for whatever you need done in or outside of your home!!!!

Description of Work
Removed black water that had flooded my downstairs. Removed moisture and sanitized everything. Removed sheet rock, molding, ruined furniture, bathroom fixtures, and then re-constructed my downstairs to all new and beautiful sanitary condition.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, water damage restoration, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, mold removal, basement remodeling

11/09/2012

Billy P.

Led by Ronnie and Marvin, this entire crew were responsive and professional. The team rates an A+, in both. Original quote was detailed and attention was paid to the details, with questions asked to confirm each of my requests, as well as suggestions (some obviously would add to the cost, but several were fiscally responsible, and both beneficial and helpful to me. They provided valuable input to assure I would ultimately be accomplishing what I intended and the decision making made easier). As I added to the project after the work began, they reacted timely and efficiently. They did what the said they would do and they did it timely. Extremely considerate to the household members needs and time constraints. Very professional! R&R also picked up the slack from another company doing some work for me - who was NOT timely. Ronnie and Marvin were great assisting me with projects not originally assigned them, and handled them expertly and executed timely . Everything remained clutter free and the house inside and out were left each evening clean and clutter free. I want to repeat and re-inforced that my experience with R&R was an A+. I already am making plans for next spring on another re-model project that R&R can assist in.

Description of Work
Wall paneling removal, drywall, painting, replacing all electrical outlet plates,and air vents. Touched up after flooring people.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, interior painters