Reed Electric

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2012

Residential & Commercial Electrician Licensed, Bonded, & Insured House Re-Wiring, Meter Loops, Phone & Cable Installation, Service Calls, Pools & Spas, Re-models/Add-ons, Parking Lot Lighting, Grounding, landscaping lighting.

electrician (71)lighting (20)ceiling fan installation (16)landscape lighting (1)lawn mower repair (1)

07/03/2020

Joseph H.

It went better than we could have hope for all in all. Reed Electric was professional, courteous and affordably priced. Highly recommend them and we intend on using them for all our future needs.

Description of Work
Rewire home electrical box.

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

12/17/2019

Matthew D.

Spoke with an extremely helpful electrician named Parker! My outdoor outlets stopped working and I thought my Christmas light effort was doomed for the year. I checked the breaker and even changed the outlet. Nothing seemed to change anything so I decided to call a random electrician. Glad I chose the number to Reed Electric! He listened to the issue and decided to talk me through some solutions. Turns out My outdoor outlets had a GFCI connection in my garage. He walked me right to the answer at 7:30pm on a week night! It was refreshing to experience that kind of service! I applaud that kind of selfless tradesmen effort. He could of taken an appointment or told me to call back tomorrow...instead Christmas is back at this house! Thanks Parker!

Description of Work
Called to request some help with an outdoor outlet for my Christmas lights.

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

12/04/2019

Danny S.

It went well. Worked me in in two days. Arrived when he said he would, analyzes the problem and repaired it. Very professional, knowledgeable and polite. I’ll use him again.

Description of Work
I wired a light fixture incorrectly. Reed Electric fixed it for me.

12/03/2019

Robert T.

Professional work, I would hire them again

Description of Work
replace Main Electric Panel

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

11/28/2019

Arnold C.

Very well; I think it took Reed Electric about 45 to 50 minutes to complete the electrical work.

Description of Work
Doorbell transformer installed, Wire connected to doorbell button. Light fixture on range (Stove) alined.

Category lighting

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

Review for Reed Electric - 1012 Yarrow, North Little Rock, AR - 38259372

11/05/2019

TROY R.

Called Parker around 11 AM and he made the repair and was gone by 11:40. He just happened to be in the area. Loose wire feeding the main breaker on one side. A real hazard that could have cost hundreds if not promptly repaired or resulted in a fire. Highly recommend Reed Electric.

Description of Work
Half of my lights were going out.

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

10/10/2019

David S.

work was an time, on budget, Parker was great, he was able to accomodate all my wifes changes and special requests.

Description of Work
installed 8 ceiling fans, several added receptacles, 2 out door lights

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

08/17/2019

Phillip D.

Considering old house, it went very well.

Description of Work
2 circuits Ned outets

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

06/12/2019

Barbara F.

I am very pleased with the process and the results. Friendly and efficient.

Description of Work
Replace or repair light fixtures.

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

03/03/2019

Matt J.

Parker Reed is just a great guy. We had two fixtures to be replaced and a ceiling fan to be replaced and he just jumped in and fixed it all. We needed a new dimmer for one fixture and he picked up the right one for us. On the ceiling fan, he took it from box to installed in a really short time. I was afraid I needed to do something with the fan before he got there, like put something together, but he assured me he had done hundreds of these. The ceiling is very old plaster and it looked like the fan might wobble a bit but he got it in totally square and rock solid. The other two went smoothly. I can't say enough good stuff about him. Definitely a professional and a genuinely good guy.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan replacement, light fixture replaced, carport light replaced

Work Completed On 03/03/2019

10/29/2018

Jeana N.

It went well and I will be using him again for any electrical work I need done.

Description of Work
Electrical inspection in my attic and capping off some wires.

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

10/08/2018

Delmika E.

He was on time very nice and professional. Will hire again

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan Repaired

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

09/30/2018

Edith M.

Absolutely first class. We had an emergency electrical problem and call Reed Electric who arrived within the hour. He was very professional, clean, efficient and knowledgeable. After he identified the problem, stayed with us to explain to the utility company (neutral line coming into the house) was at fault. Highly recommended and we will certainly have any electrical problem dealt with by Reed Electric.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

09/27/2018

Hallie L.

Mr. Reed was extremely friendly when I called to inquire about services. He also was very accommodating with scheduling and able to come out the next morning. He communicated well and thoroughly. He fixed one of the problems with ease, and while the source of another issue was not able to be identified, I was most impressed with his tenacity, time he spent both looking for the source of the problem and talking to me, as well as the effort he put forth trouble-shooting the matter. I look forward to receiving his quote to rewire the outdoor lines in question and highly recommend him, based on his professionalism, friendliness, honesty, and straight-forward communication.

Description of Work
GFIs replaced and troubleshooting power loss

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

09/10/2018

Jeanne P.

I called Reed Electric because the timer on my pool pump wasn't working. They got right back to me. I told them what I needed on the phone. They told me they could do the repair in a couple of days. They showed up on time without me having to take off work since it was an outside job. Another company wanted to charge me a $89 service charge to see what part I needed and another service charge and labor to install it. I didn't like that because I told them exactly what part I needed. Glad I went with Reed Electric.

Description of Work
Installed a new pool timer

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

03/02/2018

Twana P.

I spoke with Mr. Reed over the phone in detail about the problems I was experiencing. He suggested that I buy a new ceiling fan and light kit since the problem with the ceiling fan sounded like it might be a result of the age of the fan. If it turned out I didn't need the fan, I could return it. Due to my schedule and since my problems were not urgent, I scheduled for about a week after our conversation, which was delayed a little also due to freezing weather and snow that we were experiencing at the time. However, he came as scheduled and on time. He checked all of the electrical outlets in the room (5) and repaired the ones that were not working (2). He checked the electrical box in the bathroom and it was found to be safe. He only needed to tighten the box within the enclosure. The ceiling fan did need to be replaced. Mr. Reed was very professional, knowledgeable and personable. I would definitely hire again. I need to have a ceiling fan installed in another room and have two more electrical outlets added in the living room. I will hire him again to perform those services.

Description of Work
There were some electrical sockets that were not working in a room edition that I needed to have checked, electrical box in bathroom that needed to be checked for safety, and ceiling fan with light kit that was not working properly.

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

08/23/2017

Clark W.

The job went outstanding. He was always punctual, cleaned up after himself, and managed to not damage any of the old plaster

Description of Work
Parker and his crew re-wired our old house that had outdated unsafe wiring. To do that he installed a new service panel as well as pulling new wires through some old walls

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

08/14/2017

Ray P.

Got it done. He had to search high and low for the replacement breaker, but he found it.

Description of Work
New main breaker and several GFCI outlets installed.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

08/05/2017

Pamela B.

He did exactly what we needed him to do. He helped us replaced those bulbs. He had to put a ladder up at one end of our house, because the property was pitched. He ran into this wasp nest up inside the light fixture. He has some special wasp spray in his truck which he got out and sprayed. My husband and I felt really badly because he could of been stung.

Description of Work
He replaced some exterior lights. He installed dimmer switch on our dining room fixture.

Work Completed On 08/05/2016

08/05/2017

Pamela B.

He and I programmed it together while he was here. He is very young.This was the first timer switch that he installed of this kind. He had to do some research and digging and talking to his electrician friends. But when he came out he was prepared and he put it in there.They're so tiny it's like a mini computer.You just picture a switch on your wall. It's only as large as that switch it just fits right in there.You have to program it with a pen, because you can't do it with your fingers. I think he really did his homework, I had to read some things for him.He hadn't read the package insert. You have to set it up correctly. We did that together. I always like to be around when anybody is working in my home. I like the guys who let me participate. He and I got along very well. I would recommend him because he is willing to go the distance in terms of something that is out of the ordinary. He does his homework, he comes prepared and he is just easy to work with. I don't recall him wearing booties. He is always here on a nice day. He carefully cleans up. He is very good about that for a young guy.

Description of Work
He put in a timer switch for our outdoor lighting. He replaced a switch with a dimmer.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

05/17/2017

Stan F.

Mr. Reed replaced several breakers and suggested that we contact AP&L to repair the faulty service line. AP&L replaced the line. Due to Mr. Reed's thoroughness our house was spared from a potential fire and/or damaged appliances and electronics.

Description of Work
Mr. Reed found a faulty neutral supplying the house. Some outlets supplied too much voltage while others supplied too little.

Work Completed On 05/17/2017

05/17/2017

Stan F.

After an extensive check of the electrical system, Mr. Reed found that the house had a faulty neutral. His thoroughness probably saved us from an electrical fire and damaged appliances. Entergy was called, verified the problem, and replaced the service line. Mr. Reed also had to test and replace several breakers that had been damaged by the faulty neutral.

Description of Work
Lights were dimming and burning out. Abnormal high and low voltage was measured at some outlets.

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

03/21/2017

Jack W.

Job was done within a week. Had lot of difficulty starting the saw, but got it started within 2-3 days and it is running well.

Description of Work
chain saw tuneup

Category electrician, lawn mower repair