Hawkes Lawn Care

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2006

5502 Green Valley Ave

North Little Rock, AR 72118

Owner Operated. Uses Subs for Lawn Fertilization and Treatment.

06/22/2015

Marcella T.

Description of Work
mowed the yard

05/28/2015

JANICE S.

Description of Work
DID A COMPLETE CLEANUP OF MY YARD AND FLOWER BEDS. EXCELLENT WORK

05/21/2015

Carol H.

Description of Work
Called phone number several times, always getting answer machine. Never received a call back. They may be good, but evidently don't need any new business! | | |

04/03/2014

Alexandra R.

It went great. I will definitely call Stanley again on my next project. He was quick, responsive, affordable hardworking, and went above an beyond. Not only did they clean everything up - they mowed both my front and back yard. I would recommend Hawes to everyone.

Description of Work
Completely cleaned up the backyard to a house I just bought. It needed a lot of work.

03/20/2014

MARY T.

I have been Mr. Hawkes customer for several years now. He's direct and honest - two things I appreciate when dealing with a company. I can depend on him to keep my yard in good shape all through the summer. Of course things get a little tall sometimes when the weather gets in the way, but that is to be expected and he returns as soon as things dry out. I would recommend his services without hesitation. He is prompt, direct, and always does a thorough clean up. The approximate cost listed above is per visit.

Description of Work
Cut grass, bagged leaves, edging.

09/25/2013

Adriane M.

We are very happy with the services they provided! Will definitely use them again. You couldn't tell how much work really needed to be done until they had it all cut down and you could see all the yard waste- wow. The quote was for $60/hour and was spot on. It was worth every penny to get all my beds trimmed and cleaned out.

Description of Work
Estimate was given for weeding, trimming, and changing out a portion of the flower bed. As expected, it took just under 2.5 hours- and they worked hard the entire time!

08/24/2013

Andrew P.

Called, he came, he mowed. Looked great, he came to the house quickly.

Description of Work
Mowed,and trimmed hedges

08/01/2013

Charles K.

I called Mr. Hawkes on 7/31/13 and requested an appointment (no day in particular requested) for an estimate on cleaning my yard and was told that he would stop by the next day, Thursday, August 1, 2013. I asked whether he would be here in the a.m or p.m as he did not specify. He said he would be here in the "afternoon". I stayed home all day Thursday 8/1/13 just in case someone showed up earlier as I know how busy people are & I wouldn't want to make anyone wait for me. At about 7p.m I finally decided to call Mr. Hawkes and inquired about my appointment. His wife answered the phone and told me that she would inform Mr. Hawkes. A few minutes later my phone rings, I answer it & say hello. The person on the other end (Mr. Hawkes) answers by giving me his name (apparently he forgot who I was). I told him who I was and about my appointment. He told me that his afternoons can go all the way to "late evening: & "I guess I should have told you that". I told him that yes, he should have called me, because I put off things to wait for him to show up. I then told him that I decided to just call someone else as I was a little irritated (mostly because of the tone of his voice as he sounded irritated with me) (what did I do)? Not once was I rude or raise my voice to him. At this point he said "THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA". I got an insult instead of an apology. He made me feel like I was the one who should feel bad about the situation when it was "he" who said he would show up & it was "he" who should have called me to let me know what was going on. This man is not a professional. He is rude and apparently doesn't care if he gets the job or not. There are a lot of people out there who would appreciate getting work and treat the customer with respect. I don't need him anymore than he needs my business. Would you want someone like this doing work for you? I know that I don't. It makes me feel very uncomfortable to be around rude, loud, people. I feel that a customer should feel respected and not made to feel responsible for any negligence on the part of the contractor. If he said he was going to show up and couldn't, I would understand. He should have called me to explain but instead he chose to insult me because I called him, not knowing that his afternoons ran into evenings. All he had to do was call and let me know that he couldn't make it or that he was running late. That's all he had to do. I appreciate hard working people but I do not appreciate rudeness & I cannot deal with people like this. I'm going to keep looking! Live & Learn.

Description of Work
Forgot about me.

07/01/2013

Marcella T.

I've used Hawkes for 3 years. Pleased with the job done and the cost was reasonable.

Description of Work
Cut grass, trimmed up hedge and edged the yard and sidewalks.

02/04/2013

John J.

They do an excellent job with lawn mowing and leaf removal. I have used them once, I think, to trim bushes and liked their work then, as well. Their charges are reasonable. I would definitely recommend this service.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing and leaf removal

01/15/2013

Jaclyn S.

We played phone tag for a couple of days but once we got in touch with each other the service was timely and well done. All of my requests were fulfilled at an appropriate cost. They mowed and used their weed eater as well as collected my leaves to fill a hole in the back yard and use in my compost.

Description of Work
My yard started out with 4-foot tall weeds and they did a great job helping me out with the weeds and leaves that had accumulated.

Category lawn service, leaf removal

10/15/2012

James O.

Great communication, excellent results, a pleasure to do business with. Highly recommended for anyone looking to have their lawn groomed.

Description of Work
Mows and trims the yard every other week.

10/11/2012

Sharon H.

They tackled the leaves in the back yard first - I was impressed how well they accomplished an overwhelming task. They also removed some old shrub roots and other overgrown shrubs. To finish, they tilled up a couple of flower beds for me. The best part - their clean-up was meticulous after each task.

Description of Work
These guys did an amazing job! Stan Hawkes even participated in the work along with 2 other workers. Hard workers, job well done - they went above and beyond with the clean-up (I had a ton of leaves), not sure my yard has been this clean in years! I appreciate that Mr Hawkes does not employ illegals. Fair price, excellent work ethic! I will use them again.

08/09/2012

Margaret E S.

Hawkes did an EXCELLENT work on my yard. Their service is worth every penny. They were very prompt and professional, soon after they arrived I had to go to work and I completely trusted them to get the job done properly. I am going to be using them for all my yard needs.

Description of Work
I needed a full clean up of my front and back yard: raking, mowing, cutting back bushes and border grass, also small tree limbs.

08/07/2012

daniel S.

He removed several bushes from an over grown back yard. He them mowed down and mulched the front and back yard. He got the job done in quote and brought the right number of people. They did exactly what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
I used HAWKES LAWN CARE to do a complete lawn clear.

05/23/2012

Karen D.

The experience has been great. Mr. Hawkes and his team do a quick but excellent job and are very reasonable in price.The first time we used Mr. Hawkes we had him and his team mow our overgrown backyard, mow our front yard, clean our front gutters, and trim 3 large shrubs. He and his team did an excellent job and the total price was excellent. I also plan to use them to dig up and replant some plants in our flower bed since I know they do such a great job.

Description of Work
We have Mr. Hawkes mow our front lawn and he and his team do a great job with mowing and edging; and there are never any leaves or trash left on the premises. We are having him cut our yard every week during the summer and with his team, it doesn't take them long. He and his team does the job the way we want it done and we are very pleased with their work.

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service

05/26/2011

Marcella T.

This is the 3rd season that I have used Hawkes Lawn Care and I have been extremely pleased. He does an excellent job, is reasonably priced and takes care of everything that needs doing when it needs to be done.

Description of Work
lawn care: mowing, edging, bushes trimmed, etc.

03/21/2011

Alta L.

They went above and beyond. They were great!

Description of Work
Spring clean up of my lawn

08/11/2010

Stephen E.

They come out depending on the weather. During the summer, they come out every two weeks. I normally pay them $55. I don?t think I can get a better price than this. They are perfect. They do an excellent job. However, they aren?t very punctual as they do work at a lot of places. If I want something done, I will have to wait for 3-4 days. They are coming out again shortly. I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Hawkes Lawn Care three weeks ago.

07/31/2010

Yolande W.

They did a great job clearing our overgrown flowerbeds and trimming back trees and shrubs. They worked tirelessly in the scorching heat of July and even mowed the lawn at no extra cost. They also did a very good job in clearing and hauling away the debris. Both gentlemen were a pleasure to deal with and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They cleaned up several large overgrown flowerbeds and trimmed shrubs and trees.

07/28/2010

Nancy B.

They arrived and cut the front and back yard with care and in rapid time. They did a neat and complete job.

Description of Work
Very impressed with the excellent quality of work.

07/08/2010

Marcella T.

I have been very impressed with the service. I first hired his last fall to rake leaves and get the property ready for winter. He did a great job and has continued to do so starting again in the spring and continuing to the present. I would highly recommend his service.

Description of Work
Stanley takes care of my yard every couple of weeks. He and his assistant mow, trim, edge, haul away debris, and keep things looking good.

09/09/2009

Stephen E.

No complaints, very complete clean up. Maintenence follow up is timely and professional.

Description of Work
Full yard clean up at best price of any estimate. Then bi-weekly maintainence, high quality good price. Very nice guy.

04/13/2007

MARY T.

Mr. Hawkes was very punctual in coming by to quote a price on the yard work I needed done. He was respectful and answered all my questions thoroughly. He kept me abreast of his schedule, letting me know of delays due to rain. My yard looks better than it ever has since I moved in. I'm very pleased and would recommend his company to others without hesitation.

Description of Work
I hired this company to do the first spring cleaning of the yard and to mow the grass.

09/14/2006

Hawkes send their people out to our home to mow the lawn, which is large on an as needed basis. They do an excellent job with very neat trim work. We also have them come out about twice a year to trim bushes and general maintenance on a varying fee depending on the work involved. They are a good company, reliable and consistent.

Description of Work
We have Hawke's Lawn Care come out on an as needed basis to mow the lawn. They also come out a couple times a year to trim the bushes.