College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving

Founded 2009 • With Angi since April 2011

4.4

10315 Pomegranate Ave

North Little Rock, AR 72118

COLLEGE HUNKS HAULING JUNK® AND COLLEGE HUNKS MOVING® is the only national junk removal and full service moving company. Every College Hunks franchise location, truck and team member is fully licensed, bonded & insured in accordance with the standards set forth by the American Moving & Storage

09/26/2016

Joyce S.

I received a call that morning that they would be there in 45 minutes. They arrived on time. They were very courteous and friendly. My apartment is in the back of the building on the second floor and it was raining slightly. The guys did an awesome job. They set up my bed and moved me in a little over an hour. I didn't have a lot of furniture...moved from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. The cost is a little steep though.

Description of Work
I needed my trailer to be unpacked when I moved to another state.

07/31/2016

Randy M.

I was given a quote of "about $550.00" The end total was over $700.00. For this I got three unprofessional movers who wouldn't listen to me, loaded the trailer poorly, and later I found out they stole an iPod from me. They arrived on time and I gave them a walkthrough of the items to be moved. I had some containers and a backpack that were away from the items to be moved that I made clear were not to be touched because I was taking them in my car. I told them how I wanted to load the truck, and made clear that I had over 30 blankets and tarps available to protect the items from damage. Fragile items were clearly labeled with bright red "FRAGILE" stickers. I've shipped larger items to over 50 countries around the world without a single damaged shipment - I know how to pack. Right away the team leader wanted to load things differently. To my later regret I let him have his way. after they finished I needed to rent another 16' truck for the items they couldn't load because they didn't know what they were doing. I also caught one guy walking out the door with my backpack that I told them not to touch. I thought it was a simple mistake and told him to put it back. After they left I found out he stole a $250.00 iPod Classic. They did start the job quickly and worked hard for over an hour. Then they took at least 6 smoke breaks over the next 3 hours. I hardly saw all 3 guys working at the same time. I'm not a babysitter. I thought I hired professional movers not professional loafers. I called and was given the runaround on their national number over the theft. Nolen called later and refused to believe his crew was incompetent and crooked and only made excuses about what angels they are. I had to cal the Sherwood Police Department to make a report, but have yet to see the iPod again. The trailer arrived at it's destination and right away there was damage all over. The idiots loaded light containers under heavy containers. Fragile boxes were also under heavy stuff. My $2,000.00 Williams Sonoma table has gouges in it from having no protection. Antique desks and other furniture also have damage. The idiotic loaders only used three blankets in the whole 26' trailer. It's criminal how poorly they did their job. The crew I hired to unload the truck at the destination said they have never seen such a horrible loading job, and made sure I took pictures all the way through the truck for proof. I called the national number again to report the damage, received a claim number and still haven't had a follow up after a week. My only recourse now is to contact my credit card company and show them the photos to get the charges refunded. Obviously this company has no regards for it's customers, and no respect for the belongings that take a lifetime to accumulate. The 16' truck I rented was loaded by myself and a friend and arrived with no load shifting, damaged items or any other problems so it wasn't the fault of the driver. College Hunks is a terrible company. They can't load a truck properly, your items will be damaged, you will be charged far more than their quote and they might steal from you. I didn't think anyone had such terrible service until I hired these terrible movers.

Description of Work
I needed help loading a trailer for a move out of state.

09/23/2015

Lori L.

Description of Work
Loaded and removed a bunch of farm junk. Did a great job!

06/21/2014

Todd N.

I initially contacted College Hunks via their national number. They arranged an appointment with Nolan. Nolan came to the house and looked over everything we wanted to move. He gave an initial time estimate and as well as his hourly rates. We agreed on a start time. The morning of moving day, Nolan called and verified we were ready. Two movers showed came with a 22 ft truck. We spent about minutes going over paper work, then they got started. They work very fast and efficient, while still being careful. They did not damage anything and finished in halt the time we thought it would take. I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and appliances to a new house.

06/18/2014

Sandra P.

Description of Work
They move

06/18/2014

Sandra P.

Description of Work
They moved a large and heavy triple dresser and armoire to another home. They removed night stands, headboard and mattresses for disposal. Furniture was moved about five miles; I do not know distance for disposal.

06/05/2014

Katherine L.

Description of Work
I had a fairly last minute move, due to some cancellations. There was no problem with scheduling my move. Ended up using the CH for 2 hours to do all the heavy furniture moving. On the day of the move, they were running a little bit early and called to let me know. |They packaged things well, handled things with respect and were conscious of the hardwood floors at both houses. They worked efficiently (A bed, 3 dressers, couple book shelves, dining room set, a few heavy trunks). What was also nice is that all the packing supplies, drive time and fuel was included in a flat fee, which made them the economical choice. |I was very happy with the way the move went.

08/12/2013

Reed E.

The construction debris and remodeling waste consisted primarily of rough lumber and wood, narrow metal conduit, and old siding (which had been removed from the exterior of my house as part of a *minor* repair and remodel project). The provider's 2-man crew loaded the debris into a full-size dump truck and hauled the load to the city landfill for disposal. The provider performed the debris loading and hauling service exactly as represented, for what I believe was a reasonable and fair price (considering the volume of debris and the distance from the debris pile to the dump truck). They called me 30 minutes prior to arrival to confirm the scheduled appointment. Prior to performing any work, they gave me a no-cost, no-obligation estimate (which I then approved). Both members of the crew were friendly, courteous, and hard-working. As soon as I approved the estimate, they immediately began loading the truck and did not stop until the job was completed. I plan to use this provider in the future for loading and hauling of all kinds of heavy and voluminous objects (whether indoor or outdoor).

Description of Work
The provider loaded, hauled, and disposed of construction debris and remodeling waste from my yard.

08/08/2013

Mary Z.

I have contacted this provider twice this week, once on Wednesday and once today (Thursday). After reading the two positive reviews on Angie's list, I decided to try them out for three hour local move within Little Rock. The initial call is to their toll free number. There a representative collected the details of my move as well as my contact information. The representative then told me that he would forward my information to the local branch that would call me the same day. After not receiving a call Wednesday, I decided to call back this morning (Thursday). The representative that I spoke to this time, apologized and told me she would personally call the manager of the local branch. She assured me someone would be contacted me today to set-up the move. Thursday, still no call. After two attempts to have someone call me regarding the move, I figured they either don't exists or the local branch is too busy to care...either way it is poor business and proves that the company is unprofessional and unreliable. At the least, as a control measure, the representative from the toll free number should do follow-up phone call to ensure the customer had been contacted. I do not recommend using College Hunks Hauling Junk and College Hunks Moving.

Description of Work
I contacted the provider about moving services in Little Rock.

Category moving companies

07/15/2013

Peggy M.

The two guys were very polite.

Description of Work
Moved heavy items from one room to another, from attic to garage, placed some items on the street for city pick-up. Put some itmes in the back of my SUV for donation to Salvation Army.

06/27/2013

Luanne M.

When I booked the service, I expressed concern about the pricing of the service as I am on a fixed income. The young man I spoke with on the phone ,and quot;Nolanand quot;was not very professional, but I overlooked it assuming he was just young (they are all supposed to be college students) and inexperienced. He said they should be able to provide the service within my budget. The original date of the move was scheduled for Friday, May 31st. I scheduled several days in advance. On friday morning, the same young man, and quot;Nolanand quot; called and advised they needed to reschedule my move due to some conflicts on their end. I agreed and we rescheduled for 9 am on Monday, June 3. At 8 am on Monday, June 3, Nolan called and said he had a problem, stated and quot;that one of the movers scheduled for your move, his fiancee is pregnant and went into labor last night, and the other guy (who is my roommate) was throwing up this morning and and quot;called in sickand quot;,- he said he would find someone else but they would have to delay the move until 2 pm that day. This seemed highly irregular, but as I was already behind on my moving deadline and didn't think I could contract another company on such short notice, I agreed. At around 12 noon, he called to say they were in Benton and would be there in about 15 minutes (again throwing off my timeline). When they arrived, he tried to upsell me on the insurance. During my initial phone conversation with them, he and quot;Nolanand quot;, assured me they were bonded and insured. I told him I had some electronics and musical instruments that were very valuable, and he said of course, they would be fully insured. It turns out that their insurance only covers your items for 60 cents per pound (an item that weighs 100 pounds would be valued at only $6.00 no matter what it is!). Of course, I could and quot;purchase additional insuranceand quot; at a much higher rate. When I declined the and quot;extra insuranceand quot;, he seemed to lose interest. When I asked for the manager's name, Imagine my surprise to find out that Nolan IS THE OWNER of the local franchise/company. When I tried to explain my situation and my concerns, he interuppted and said, and quot;You realize you are paying me to listen to you, right? and it won't change anything. and quot; [at this point I should have just sent him on his way and hired someone esle ] He also brought two additional movers/men with him, when I questioned this as I had only authorized 2 (there is an extra charge for each additional mover), he said he knew they'd be needed and that he'd and quot;cut me a dealand quot; by only using 3 to load and then he himself would not be at my new residence to unload. He charged me $130/hr for the time loading and driving time to Conway (which took them 1.5hrs, 30 min longer than it did me) plus $120/hr unloading time. As soon as he realized I was not going to be upsold on anything, he was in a great hurry to get things on the truck and was very rude and made many inappropriate, even antagonistic comments about the whole process. When I questioned his knowledge, he was very rude. Example: I have a 55and quot; LED HDTV, he had no packing materials for it, instead asking me if I had the original box in came in. I did, and he retrieved it from my attic, but after looking at it, he couldn't figure out how to put it back in the box (the stand it was on needed to be removed- a total of four screws). I gave him a screwdriver and even and quot;held the screenand quot; for him while he attempted to remove the stand (the plastic one that came with it, about 6 x 12 inches). He tried to remove 2 screws and then just gave up saying it took too much time. His solution was to carry the TV to the truck and place it directly on the floor of the moving truck, saying he would just put a strap around it and strap it to the walls. No padding, nothing. I asked if he planned to put moving blankets on it or how he was going to protect the screen, he replied and quot;it'll be alrightand quot;. At this point, I made them put it back in the house and I moved it later myself. The same with a concert harp I have. The two items I really wanted a and quot;professionaland quot; mover for, and I ended up moving them myself as I didn't trust Nolan. At the other end of the move, once arriving in Conway, it went somewhat smoother. The two guys who work for him were courteous and helpful. The whole experience was unprofessional, terrible, very shady and I most definitely would never use them again. I had used them to literally move my items, as I had pre-boxed and and quot;stagedand quot; my belongings myself with the exception of the TV. I can only imagine how much it would have cost had they actually and quot;packedand quot; anything. I paid them $460 and felt like very little was actually accomplished.

Description of Work
I hired "College Hunks Hauling Junk " to move my furniture/appliances, etc, as a moving company when changing residences. I moved from Benton to Conway.

Category hauling services

We rescheduled the move to Monday at 8:00 because the client agreed she needed more time to pack her items. Unfortunately, 2 employees called in so I had to wait until our morning crew was done and pull them to this 12:00 job. I came to this job to make sure this move was completed within her budget... as that was her number one concern. We loaded a 2 bedroom house with appliances in 1 1/2 hours and only charged her $20 more dollars, if we only sent 2 people per her request the job would have been out of her budget. We are bonded and insured with property and casualty up to $1,000,000. Our base released value of personal goods is .60/lb which means 100lb item we carry $60.00 liability which you can increase for a minimal fee. She didn't want to increase her coverage so I proceeded to load her items. She pulled me to the side and started to explain why she moving and so on while I was trying to save her time and money so I simply stated "Ma'am I don't want to be rude but I know cost is an issue and you are paying me to listen to you." Looking back I can understand how this could be offensive and I wish I could take it back but if my clients number one concern is price then I want to be able to meet that need. Concerning the tv, it was the original box but didn't have the foam to protect it therefore offering no protection. I realized this as I was taking off the base and decided to leave it on and strap it to the wall with a pad. We would never put a tv on our truck un-protected. She didn't feel that it was safe and instructed us to leave it. I do take responsibility for being 4 hours late and I apologized. We did complete the move under budget when driving from Benton to Conway and not charging any travel fees and not to mention that not 1 item was damaged. In hind site I could have handled this situation differently and for that I am sorry and promise to do a better job next time. I am just glad that we completed the job within 4 hours and everything arrived safely. If you have any questions or comments for me concerning moving you can reach me at 501-960-0162 or by email at nolen.hughes@gmail.com

06/12/2013

Ralph F.

Everything went great; communication was good if not great, they asked if they could arrive earlier then scheduled (rather than just showing up early). Estimate was on target. The gentlemen who came were courteous and professional. Will definitely keep these guys in my contacts list for next time.

Description of Work
Removal of various junk and some yard debris (old patio umbrellas, broken gas grill, old table & broken chairs, and pond liner with a dead rose bush in it).

Category garbage collection, hauling services

05/28/2013

Wendy C.

They were on time, polite, and professional. I described to them over the phone what I needed hauled away and they have me an estimate on the phone and then again when they got there. It was a free estimate and I was under no pressure to hire them.

Description of Work
They loaded up and hauled away a used mattress, old gas grill, and a bunch of other clutter and junk from the back yard.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

03/25/2013

Carol E.

When I called to get information, the person who answered the phone was very professional and knowledgeable. The day of the appointment, the job ahead of ours took longer than expected. The hunks called and told us. They told us why and about how late they expected to be. They called again when they were on their way and told us about how long it would take to get to our house. When they arrived they were polite, professional and organized. The whole job went off without any problems. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Took empty and disconnected hot tub from back yard, through gate and along the side of the house to put on the truck.

10/01/2012

Kathryn R.

They did a great job!

Description of Work
Unloaded my truck into my apartment. They did a great job and assembled the beds for us.

Category moving companies

06/07/2012

ADA S.

It was awesome!

Description of Work
These two guys came out on June 4th to help us move in our new house. However it was raining so we decided to reschedule for the next morning. The two guys were so energetic and upbeat. They helped us carry all our furniture in our two story house in less than two hours. We were so impressed by their work and would be pleased to recommend them again!! Thank you John, John, Josh and Tanner for all your help!

10/07/2011

Anita A.

The service was great!

Description of Work
Nolen was the contact person. He was very professional, hardworking, prompt, and an overall nice person. There was another great guy working with him. I'm sorry I do not remember his name. They arrived on time and gave an estimate on the cost of the job. We had a huge pile of all kinds of junk under and around our deck in the back yard. It was quite an undertaking to get all the stuff out of there. They even encountered a racoon in the process, but they were undaunted. In no time at all they had all the stuff loaded in their truck. While there was more junk under there than they originally estimated, they stuck with the original amount. They are very environmentally conscientious and re-cycle all that they can. Our expierence with the College Hunks was great and we will definately recommend them to our friends.

07/28/2011

Dennis B.

They did a great job. They have a flat rate and were very prompt. They were young guys, eager to please and easy to get along with. I am very happy with what they did. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used College Hunks Hauling Junk to haul away a large hot tub.

B&L Moving

2022 Super Service Award

American Movers

American Movers is one of the leading companies catering to residential and commercial clients moving needs. Established to provide customers with professional quality. At American Movers we help you move and pack with in your budget, on time and with out any hassle.

ALL THE RIGHT MOVES

We have been Family owned and operated since 1994. Thank you Little Rock for voting us #1 moving company in Sorie'e magazines Platinum Service Awards 2008-2013, 2016-2018 Arkansas Business 2013 Mover of the Year. Call us and you'll see we have All The Right Moves! Local & Long Distance Moving.

$10

Local Moving, Junk Removal, Donation Pickups, & Labor Services.

Haul away hazardous materials such as paint, chemicals and gasoline. We are also unable to haul away anything that is or was at one time a living creature. No we can't take your spouse either.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving

How is College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving overall rated?

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving open?

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving is open:

Sunday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

What payment options does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving provide

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer free estimates?

Yes, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers free project estimates.

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer a senior discount?

No, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving?

No, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving does not offer warranties.

What services does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer?

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers the following services: Local Moving, Junk Removal, Donation Pickups, & Labor Services.

Are there any services College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving does not offer?