Schulte Construction

Little Rock, AR 72227

Schulte Construction

12/07/2011

Amy B.

He is thorough in his estimate and he is thorough in his follow up. He can do just about everything that you ask.

Description of Work
He did some exterior painting for me and replaced some boards.

Category house painters

09/27/2010

Lynda S.

Don't let the good price fool you. You will get what you pay for. They will tell you that they will put white tile on the floors on the two restrooms and you will end up with one terra cotta and one gray - I'm sure because that is what was available on clearance. You will be extremely dissatisfied with the work that this company does. I have absolutely NO idea how in the world this company has stayed in business for one year even.

Description of Work
I engaged this company to remodel a home that I purchased to operate a small business out of. They cut corner's and chose cheap products in every way that they could. The carpet was not laid correctly. It had absolutely no glue in 2/3's of one room! Another room had a chevron seam in the middle of the room because the carpet was laid in two different directions and it was raveling immediately in the middle. The whole carpet had to be re-done which was an extreme inconvenience because we were operating our business out of the building. The company that re-did the carpet told me that the original did not have enough glue to hold a postage stamp down. Another BIG item was the heat/air system that was to be installed before we moved in. It wasn't. After months of me having to make phone call after phone call I finally had to call the BBB and the AR Attorney General just to get any action. I ask the city codes inspector to come out and inspect the system that was in my attic and it had two (2) pages of deficiencies. Mr. Schulte attempted to go to the BBB and tell them that he had done everything that I had ask of him! I ask why them did I have a system that could not pass code and had two pages of deficiencies. I also have been left with a converted garage that floods every time we have a hard rain. These are just the major issues. This has been such a nightmare. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company that did work like a child was doing it.

Category remodeling

12/07/2009

Robert L.

It was great.

Description of Work
They installed new windows.

Category replacement windows

09/19/2008

Lynda S.

The work was not done in a timely fashion. The heating and air unit had not been installed on the day of our move in spite of assurances by Schulte Construction that it would be complete. We have had two leaks in our converted garage area that revealed that the commercial carpet installed had not been glued down anywhere, but the middle where there was a seam. The heating unit was not installed in the attic along with other components of the air conditioning system until we mentioned the problem. They used cheap materials, did messy work, their behavior has been unprofessional and they have been unresponsive to our complaints. They are insensitive to our needs as a business and the level of inconvenience that they have caused us. They don't show up when they say that they will. I feel like I have had to act as the contractor while paying them. I haven't witnessed work being done in a "first class manner" as their contract stated. I am still waiting for them to complete the work six months after hiring them and four months after the job was to be completed.

Description of Work
Remodeled a home to use as an Adult Daycare. Handwritten contract that was not itemized that included, among other things, converting a garage into a living area and installing a new heating and air system.

Category remodeling

02/15/2007

ELIZABETH R.

The work was completed within a reasonable amount of time. During the removal of old shingles the cedar decking was damaged and splintered through to the attic. The completed roof lacked the appropriate amount of overhang. The tar put on the joints of the roof looked sloppy and an antenna that we had requested to have removed was not taken off despite numerous requests and promises. Shortly after the roof was installed we had some leaks, which we had not experienced with our old ''worn out'' roof. It took repeated calls and messages to get anyone to come fix the leaks. The fix consisted of putting on more sloppy looking tar (on top of the expensive architectural shingles). We then had additional leaks and could not get a call back from Mr. Schulte. My husband had to fix it himself.

Description of Work
Roof shingles torn off and replaced over pre-existing decking that was in good condition.

09/19/2006

They finished it in a great amount of time, yet made sure that the work was done with quality. I would say that this company did an excellent job on the work. The prices are reasonable, and the workers are friendly. The debris was all cleaned up as the job was being completed. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
The roof was completely removed and replaced with new asphalt shingles on our three bedroom home. I am not sure of the exact measurements.

07/28/2006

Pamela H.

My home was built in 1926 so with an older home things wear out and you just have to fix it. I got new doors, new interior doors also. My ceilings had water damage so they were replaced. I also had painting done and some other small items throughout. I am very happy with the work. We are going to have them come back and do some other items as well.

Description of Work
I had some cosmetic updates done to a 1926 home. I got new interior doors, new ceiling and paint.

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors